Loving GamePass So Far

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Loving GamePass So Far

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:54 pm

Post by House »

I've always been a PS fanboy (with the exception of PS3, which was a trash console for RPG's and the sole reason Fallout New Vegas is so limited), so when PS5 came out I spent months trying to buy one.

Finally got tired of waiting back in March and managed to buy an Xbox Series X from Best Buy. I was going to buy it straight out, but when I saw 0% financing I jumped on the opportunity to thicken my file.

Included in the price financed was GamePass Ultimate for the life of the loan. At first, I was less than enthused about being cornered into a subscription to finance the console, but I wouldn't have it any other way, now.

I'm enjoying having access to tons of games without having to buy them outright. I don't even have to buy the base game to buy the DLC's for them, but if I'm buying the extra content I'm going to buy the game as well, just to avoid losing access to it if they ever take it off the list of games subscribers can play for free.

My latest adventure has me sending Harley Quinn throughout Albion as a Pure (as opposed to Corrupt)/Evil Hero. Pure for the snow white skin, Evil because... well, she's Harley Quinn. :lol:

Last edited by House on Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
Biggus Dickus
Biggus Dickus
Watcher
Biggus Dickus
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:30 pm

Post by Biggus Dickus »

I got 3 months of Xbox game pass free with my laptop - It did let me try Control (which I think is fantastic) & Slay the Spire (which is good but I knew it probably wasn't going to hook me past the novelty of trying every archetype once), but there's not a ton else I want to immediately sink time into. There are a few things on my "play eventually" list like Hollow Knight & Project Winter too, but at least on PC I also got the privilege of discovering that trying to transfer saves from the Xbox app to anything else is an Enormous pain in the ass.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:55 am

Post by House »

Both of them are available on GP Ultimate.

I'm not aware of the whole save transfer issue. I should get around to tinkering with that sometime.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
ridoskon
ridoskon
Watcher
ridoskon
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:41 pm

Post by ridoskon »

For the passage of single-player games, the limited availability of the project by subscription is sufficient, which cannot be said about multiplayer projects. In this case, subscribing to Xbox Game Pass in any country is only a temporary measure, an analog of the extended demo, which should help determine whether the game deserves to spend money or not. An additional inconvenience is the need to pay for the purchase of DLC to games available in the service from third-party developers. But I play FIFA on my ps5, and I like it. I even purchased a FIFA 22 PS5 key on [moderated] and now I enjoy the game even more.

[Edited by discussion mod Isis]

Return to “The Arcade”