Trigger Warning: Word Discussion: Gaslighting

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:55 am

Post by Isis »

I still don't think it's appropriate to call people domestic abusers in a mafia game.
I think in this situation and most mafia situations, gaslighting is an imperfect descriptor for the type of deception being used, which makes it seem like the word was selected for the comparison to an individual as detestable as a domestic abusers.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #11 (isolation #1) » Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:45 am

Post by Isis »

In post 9, Ythan wrote:I think specifically "domestic abuser" may be an overly specific interpretation of the gaslighting accusation.
That line of argument has been forfeit here, as Titus has specifically indicated that parallels to domestic abuse are precisely what she feels entitled to draw.

In a different context I could see that as a live argument.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"

Return to “Mafia Discussion”