darkest dungeon

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

darkest dungeon

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:38 am

Post by bugspray »

really cool game

first time i tried jestal I brought vestal, jester, flagellant, leper for a long mission
finished it with minimal hp damage and very little stress daamge. it's just such a good anti attrition setup
the camp abilities give leper a ton of accuracy (and a bit of crit which is fun) so he can easily demlish the frontlines
the flagellant only hits but that's okay because with his bleed and a stun from vestal i was able to control how quickly fights ended and then have leper selfheal a few times which meant there was even less work for jestal to do
certainly a pretty solid setup once fights got under control but sometimes those first few turns were a struggle, thankfully there was time to "recover" from early bad turns.
definitely wouldn't bring that for a bossfight

Spoiler: speaking of I fought wretched crew
oh NO it was a disaster. My vestal kept getting pulled to the front and by the time I got her to the backlkine again the monster healed what little damage I dealt
once I figured out that the anchor boy summon lost prot and full healed after grabbing someone I realized I could just stun/ignore it and eventually one of my frontliners became virtuous which seemed to make them immune to getting grabbed so I could finally whittle down the boss. bringing vestal with no frontline action was a mistake but I had no idea the boss would pull her up so much
here's a video of it
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1110017404

I know other mscsum have been playing darkest dungeon (i know you know i know who you are)

also leper is such a strong hero, I love him.
he's good at one thing and he does it REALLY well but has a meaningful weakness that you can build around to support.
also i like arbalest because of her versatility
MY PRONOUNS ARE THEY/THEM

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:45 am

Post by bugspray »

In post 0, bugspray wrote:bleed and a stun
this specifically is so good.
enemy with 14hp taking 6 damage per turn? hit them with a stun and they almost definitely get chipped to <12 and then next turn they take the 6 dot go to <6 and become unstunned and following turn they just die at start of their turn
MY PRONOUNS ARE THEY/THEM

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me

Return to “The Arcade”