the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:12 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 774, Pavowski wrote:
In post 771, Faker wrote:While I have never, and do not intend, to take it out on anything physical, this is the most frustrated I have been with a game in year and the feeling is what I imagine runs through the mind of people that break a hand punching a wall.
It's a game, man. Take a breath and take a step back, if you're not having fun what's the point?

You'll do better in the next one. You weren't the only one fooled!
fire emoji
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:14 pm

Post by skitter30 »

And i probably overreacted earlier, sorry
I still disagree with the approach, but it didnt warrant me getting so annoyed

And hopefully we can all learn something from this for next time!
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:18 pm

Post by Faker »

I don't want you to think I didn't have fun. For some players, the pursuit of better play and improvement is the real fun, even if it means moments like now.

I appreciate the comments and look forward to playing with most of you again in the future.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:47 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 774, Pavowski wrote:
In post 771, Faker wrote:While I have never, and do not intend, to take it out on anything physical, this is the most frustrated I have been with a game in year and the feeling is what I imagine runs through the mind of people that break a hand punching a wall.
It's a game, man. Take a breath and take a step back, if you're not having fun what's the point?

You'll do better in the next one. You weren't the only one fooled!
^^ obviously feel free to vent a few frustrations post game but after that its like .. just a game
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:51 pm

Post by Faker »

Again, I want to hear zero comments from you. I let the last two replies pass in the hopes of it being the end of it. Apparently letting you have the last word was not enouhg.

I cannot make this more clear. I do not care whether that came from a place of good intention or not. I don't want a followup or an acknowledgement. Stop typing to me, do not join another game of mine.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:51 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

Easiest backup mod gig ever. If anyone is ever looking for someone do do absolutely nothing let me know. :P
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:05 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 779, Faker wrote:Again, I want to hear zero comments from you. I let the last two replies pass in the hopes of it being the end of it. Apparently letting you have the last word was not enouhg.

I cannot make this more clear. I do not care whether that came from a place of good intention or not. I don't want a followup or an acknowledgement. Stop typing to me, do not join another game of mine.
ok bud see you in a game in around 6 months when you realize this is an extremely petty grudge over a text based game :mrgreen:
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:11 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

What is it about this game in particular that gets people so riled up? I wasn’t a player in this obviously but the last time I was, emotions also got pretty intense.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:14 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

the setup lends itself to town taking things into their owns hands which inevitably will make people pissed
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:21 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 783, Infinity 324 wrote:the setup lends itself to town taking things into their owns hands which inevitably will make people pissed
This game is a lot more fun as scum in my experience.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris
Pronoun: she

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:46 pm

Post by tris »

thank you for the than k yous

here's scum

viewtopic.php?f=90&t=87621
here's what it says
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris
Pronoun: she

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:47 pm

Post by tris »

i don't think i like this setup i've decided
here's what it says
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:50 pm

Post by Faker »

I'm pretty fond of it, despite the result. Maybe I'm biased in that I want another chance at it.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:51 pm

Post by the worst »

Faker & DkKoba, it'd be cool if you could both please take a step back. Criticism for playstyles is totally legit, asking folks to avoid you in future games is fine. I think you're both at an impasse and posting more probably won't benefit anyone.

pedit: it's a really, really high agency setup. if this was like, an RP system I'd want a really detailed session 0. You kinda want players who /know/ that the setup is brutal. A set of random players will probably cause friction more often than usual.
--
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:54 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 741, DkKoba wrote: If people want a setup where people have agency, having a vote mechanic for allowing trusts could be always implemented to add a layer.

e.g. vote for X to be allowed to trust someone, requires some small number of votes to be allowed.

And then it could be passed around like a baton if someone declines.

idk just spitballing, because if you want people to play in a specific way, you need to design the setup that way - I think my strategy was perfectly valid for wanting to play fast and aggressive and leave scum in the dust/cause reactions to bring out towntells. I always have played unorthodox and will continue to.
^^ anyways here's my suggestion if people want to play in a specific way without risk and also add a layer of info
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:56 pm

Post by DkKoba »

10p require 3 votes on someone to allow them to extend trust -> 8p 2 votes -> 6p 1 vote -> 4p 0 votes(anyone can trust whenever)

that way game still moves at a similar pace, and there's something for players to do rather than just *talk*
retired
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:02 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I'm glad I basically got as close to reading inf!scum correctly as I could with minimal analysis and engagement
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:08 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 790, DkKoba wrote:10p require 3 votes on someone to allow them to extend trust -> 8p 2 votes -> 6p 1 vote -> 4p 0 votes(anyone can trust whenever)

that way game still moves at a similar pace, and there's something for players to do rather than just *talk*
Kind of like a chaperone? :P

Actually I think this is a really good idea. I might utilize that should I run it.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:06 pm

Post by Enchant »

Wait what?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:27 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 793, Enchant wrote:Wait what?
Good post!
--
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:32 pm

Post by DkKoba »

this is it. this is the summary of the game.
retired
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:33 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

Requiring a third vote to escape.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:17 pm

Post by Faker »

I opted not to publicly litigate the gamethrowing intent here. There was no benefit to arguing with someone in bad faith, and I wanted the harassment to end ASAP, even at the expense of my own point of view.

I ceded every point imaginable in the hopes of ending the interaction at the expense of letting my judgment that it was gamethrowing go. I requested, extremely civilly, that the interaction be ended, only to be baited further and have my request to be left alone made light of and have Koba threaten to join my games again.

I requested a warning that Koba to stay away from me. I was willing to cede whatever, as long as I got some assurance that I would not be harassed or baited in bad faith further. I marked the box asking to let it be known when my report was handled. After two weeks of no response from the moderation team, I assume I will not get one.

I will not play again, and I want to voice exactly why.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:19 pm

Post by Faker »

To be clear: If the moderation team felt it was not gamethrowing, then I was willing to cede that. The postgame behavior was completely unacceptable, and to have received no response on it is a disgrace.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:26 pm

Post by DkKoba »

Ok.
retired

Return to “Completed Open Games”