inutile
it
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: it

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:06 am

Post by inutile »

thankyou for moderating
because none of you know what you want follow me because i'm not going anywhere i'll just bleed so the stars can have something dark to shine in
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:06 am

Post by DkKoba »

alright well don't be surprised when nothing comes out of your report.

take it as a lesson that people have different points of view of what is "optimal" or "good play" - and that if you disagree that doesn't make them mafia, ok?

because that's the big lesson you should be taking from this - that you shouldn't project yourself on others :P
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:06 am

Post by Faker »

In post 747, the worst wrote:It's a factor of this setup. To get mechanical information, you have to take the chance on someone being scum. We might have benefited from taking longer to make Infinity nervous (or just slow rolling the conftowns so that we could parse what that meant etc.), but it's overall not a bad strategy.

Trusting Enchant was just legitimately a good move.
Even in a world where trusting 3 different people is a valid strategy, doing it within an hour of replace in was blatantly griefing.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:07 am

Post by Faker »

In post 751, DkKoba wrote:alright well don't be surprised when nothing comes out of your report.

take it as a lesson that people have different points of view of what is "optimal" or "good play" - and that if you disagree that doesn't make them mafia, ok?

because that's the big lesson you should be taking from this - that you shouldn't project yourself on others :P
Agreed, and sayonara.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:07 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 747, the worst wrote:It's a factor of this setup. To get mechanical information, you have to take the chance on someone being scum. We might have benefited from taking longer to make Infinity nervous (or just slow rolling the conftowns so that we could parse what that meant etc.), but it's overall not a bad strategy.

yeah I actually wanted to only do enchant and then i was like .. hm what if i do *3* and then it ended up being stupid lol.

go big or go home!!
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:08 am

Post by Faker »

In post 750, inutile wrote:
thankyou for moderating
Thanks tris!
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:10 am

Post by the worst »

In post 752, Faker wrote:

Even in a world where trusting 3 different people is a valid strategy, doing it within an hour of replace in was blatantly griefing.
It's definitely not my style (you might have noticed, I'm kind of slow paced these days :P), but definitely falls in the realm of personality and playstyle differences.

It's defensible, but I also think it's totally fair if you'd rather not expose yourself to it.
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:11 am

Post by the worst »

In post 755, Faker wrote:
In post 750, inutile wrote:
thankyou for moderating
Thanks tris!
agreed - thank you tris! Sorry about your untimely nap :(
--
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:12 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

thanks Tris! : )
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:12 am

Post by Faker »

I'll agree to disagree and leave litigating it to the proper forum for it. I can't in good faith tell Koba not to respond to me if I'm publicly posting about it as well.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:12 am

Post by DkKoba »

thank you tris!
retired
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:12 am

Post by Pavowski »

Weird playing this mechanic after popcorn, traded a setup where players have virtually no agency for one where any player can blow the game at any time. Wild

Still, GG. I might we'll have trusted Infy D1 if koba hadn't stolen my quicktrust thunder

And thanks Tris!
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:17 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 759, Faker wrote:I'll agree to disagree and leave litigating it to the proper forum for it. I can't in good faith tell Koba not to respond to me if I'm publicly posting about it as well.
look dude - I was a moderator for Epicmafia near the tail end of its lifecycle, moderating gamethrow was part of it.

I saw some batshit insane stupid plays that flopped horribly.(think what i did in this game but like 10x worse)

But the person doing them was trying to use it to win.

Ergo - not gamethrow, as long as it isn't a pattern.

yes we use the word "throwing" to describe people doing bad plays, but from a rules perspective, gamethrow has and always should be defined as intentionally playing against wincon. For some that can include intentionally making a move that will guarantee a negative outcome that is severe, such as shooting outside of clears when that would put the number of clears at majority(which is autowin) - but overall, unorthodox plays will never, and should never, be classed as gamethrow.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:18 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 761, Pavowski wrote:Weird playing this mechanic after popcorn, traded a setup where players have virtually no agency for one where any player can blow the game at any time. Wild

Still, GG. I might we'll have trusted Infy D1 if koba hadn't stolen my quicktrust thunder

And thanks Tris!
I knew i could find you as town at least after our mini normal <3 once i truly figure out a "LHF" player, I gain >rand accuracy on them poggies
retired
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:23 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

koba you can obviously do whatever you think will help your team win in a mafia game but like, don't be surprised if people get upset when you end the day really early and they wanted to play more
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:23 am

Post by Faker »

I wish you the best regardless of the outcome of the report.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:28 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 765, Faker wrote:I wish you the best regardless of the outcome of the report.
Feel free to report anything you find breaks the rules, just don't be surprised that playing the game is not considered against the rules.
retired
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:39 am

Post by Pavowski »

In post 763, DkKoba wrote:
In post 761, Pavowski wrote:Weird playing this mechanic after popcorn, traded a setup where players have virtually no agency for one where any player can blow the game at any time. Wild

And thanks Tris!
I knew i could find you as town at least after our mini normal <3 once i truly figure out a "LHF" player, I gain >rand accuracy on them poggies
I wasn't gonna mention that game but I remembered you were psycho from that one lol
Thor Ragnarok
Thor Ragnarok
Goon
Thor Ragnarok
Goon
Goon

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:02 pm

Post by Thor Ragnarok »

Thanks tris!

This was... a game. I'm marking this one down in the only recall while drunk category in my archive
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:04 pm

Post by skitter30 »

Dont think eithed koba or faker were a throw but k strongly disagree with both

Thanks tris
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:59 pm

Post by Faker »

While I've tried to deal with losing with grace and humor, I am livid with myself. I'm sorry for coming up so short. I will keep trying to do better.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:03 pm

Post by Faker »

While I have never, and do not intend, to take it out on anything physical, this is the most frustrated I have been with a game in year and the feeling is what I imagine runs through the mind of people that break a hand punching a wall.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:04 pm

Post by skitter30 »

Faker you're a cool dude and i liked your analysis and i hope to play with u again sometime
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:06 pm

Post by the worst »

I feel you. There's two factors to it, I think.
firstly: in an ideal world, this
could
have played out differently. if we had more time, maybe possibly perhaps we
might
not have gotten absolutely steamrolled.
secondly: we got absolutely steamrolled.

credit to Inf and Meg, their approaches to the game were strong and we weren't sharp enough to anticipate that they were scum approaches. just well played.
learning from losses is really healthy though. you're a cool player, and it's neat that you're learning. i learned a bit even just from my first-impression reads of people while i was in the game.

pedit: +1 skitter as always
--
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:10 pm

Post by Pavowski »

In post 771, Faker wrote:While I have never, and do not intend, to take it out on anything physical, this is the most frustrated I have been with a game in year and the feeling is what I imagine runs through the mind of people that break a hand punching a wall.
It's a game, man. Take a breath and take a step back, if you're not having fun what's the point?

You'll do better in the next one. You weren't the only one fooled!

Return to “Completed Open Games”