Loftwing
Loftwing
Goon
Loftwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:55 am

Post by Loftwing »

Which is why we need someone to replace out so that he can replace in and be crucified.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:07 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 192, Dwlee99 wrote:I don't think NM was actually claiming jester. This conversation feels pointless
The conversation isn’t about an extant jester claim, but rather that any jesters SHOULD claim because doing so guarantees their win.

@Loft: Jester has to be eliminated at some point before XLO or we simply lose in XLO because a non game ending jester in this setup has a trivial wincon. Today is the day with the lowest chance of limming scum otherwise because duh. Scum has no reason to shoot a jester claim. All of that is objectively true. Your argument is functionally: we should wait to eliminate jester until we potentially have nka and/or investigative results because maybe we’ll win without hitting XLO, in which case… we would have won the game anyway.
Loftwing
Loftwing
Goon
Loftwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:11 am

Post by Loftwing »

In post 201, Bingle wrote:
In post 192, Dwlee99 wrote:I don't think NM was actually claiming jester. This conversation feels pointless
The conversation isn’t about an extant jester claim, but rather that any jesters SHOULD claim because doing so guarantees their win.

@Loft: Jester has to be eliminated at some point before XLO or we simply lose in XLO because a non game ending jester in this setup has a trivial wincon. Today is the day with the lowest chance of limming scum otherwise because duh. Scum has no reason to shoot a jester claim. All of that is objectively true. Your argument is functionally: we should wait to eliminate jester until we potentially have nka and/or investigative results because maybe we’ll win without hitting XLO, in which case… we would have won the game anyway.
We would still get to XLO in the same number of days with or without executing a Jester.

Suppose the setup is as follows:

9 Town, 3 Mafia, 1 Jester.

Assume that Mafia always kill town.

When will XLO be if we don't execute the jester?
When will XLO be if we do execute the jester?
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:12 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Killing jester gives more night actions than delaying it
I prefer they, thanks :)
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:12 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 196, Save The Dragons wrote:hmm. bingle. could be town UNVOTE: i think i know what he's doing
You'll have to be more specific. Are you referring to the "Trying to get 3p players to claim", "Fishing for reactions to the existence of a breaking strategy", or "engaging with people to generate reads"? Cause they're all pretty separate.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:17 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 202, Loftwing wrote:

3 Maf 1 Jester 5 Town is XLO.
3 Maf 4 Town is also XLO.

The latter has more information, because there's been an additional night phase and the pool of suspects is smaller.

Limming a Jester claim D1 simply guarantees not mislimming a power role D1. This is not Rocket Surgery.
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:21 am

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 202, Loftwing wrote:
In post 201, Bingle wrote:

We would still get to XLO in the same number of days with or without executing a Jester.

Suppose the setup is as follows:

this is a attemp to lead town in to thinking it's just 9 3 1 when we know there is 7 something is that 7 town or is that 6 scum types and one cult meaning 7 unknow vs 6 know. Dang my theory's suck.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:23 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 206, cyrus62 wrote:we know there is 7 something
We explicitly don't know this.
In post 1, Cook wrote:My flavor color is #888888, italicized. This will denote information that is not necessary to read to play the game, but will improve your immersion should you read it.
The flavor is flavor, it's not actually game relevant.
Loftwing
Loftwing
Goon
Loftwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:26 am

Post by Loftwing »

@Bingle Fine. We will burn down a Jester that claims if that will make you happy. I still think it's a cop-out answer for scum not needing to actually scumhunt. (I also think that a Jester wouldn't self-vote in XLO because executing a Mafia member at least will continue the game while doing nothing makes them lose)

@Cyrus uhh wat. What?

WHAT???

How the hell did you draw that connection for my oversimplified and clearly not realistic diagram of not this game?
Loftwing
Loftwing
Goon
Loftwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:29 am

Post by Loftwing »

Like, I have no idea how you came to the conclusion "Oh, loftwing is trying to trick the town into thinking that there's 9 townies when there's only 7!"
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:31 am

Post by cyrus62 »

Why are we even surgesting there is a jester. Not mafia isn't here for one and loft most likely something that draws the night kill. Bingel seems to be prodding looking for places to vote. That is a hint. Cook is saying you don't have to read it as in it won't make you break any rules if you don't read it. But will help you to read it so if you think of it that seven stands for something.maybe it's just how many people it takes to vote someone off but that would be lame flavor.
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:33 am

Post by cyrus62 »

Sorry loft your questions came during my post so let me aim at that
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:35 am

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 208, Loftwing wrote:@Bingle Fine. We will burn down a Jester that claims if that will make you happy. I still think it's a cop-out answer for scum not needing to actually scumhunt. (I also think that a Jester wouldn't self-vote in XLO because executing a Mafia member at least will continue the game while doing nothing makes them lose)

@Cyrus uhh wat. What?

WHAT???

How the hell did you draw that connection for my oversimplified and clearly not realistic diagram of not this game?
Why are you acting wired bingel is not town here .
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:39 am

Post by cyrus62 »

Dw how many games are you playing?
Loftwing
Loftwing
Goon
Loftwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:40 am

Post by Loftwing »

In post 210, cyrus62 wrote:Why are we even surgesting there is a jester. Not mafia isn't here for one and loft most likely something that draws the night kill. Bingel seems to be prodding looking for places to vote. That is a hint. Cook is saying you don't have to read it as in it won't make you break any rules if you don't read it. But will help you to read it so if you think of it that seven stands for something.maybe it's just how many people it takes to vote someone off but that would be lame flavor.

No one is suggesting there is a Jester.
I don't see much reason to think that 7 means 7 townies. There's nothing that mechanically confirms or denies that, and 7 is just a 51% majority of 13
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:44 am

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 214, Loftwing wrote:
In post 210, cyrus62 wrote:Why are we even surgesting there is a jester. Not mafia isn't here for one and loft most likely something that draws the night kill. Bingel seems to be prodding looking for places to vote. That is a hint. Cook is saying you don't have to read it as in it won't make you break any rules if you don't read it. But will help you to read it so if you think of it that seven stands for something.maybe it's just how many people it takes to vote someone off but that would be lame flavor.

No one is suggesting there is a Jester.
I don't see much reason to think that 7 means 7 townies. There's nothing that mechanically confirms or denies that, and 7 is just a 51% majority of 13
I'm saying it could be mean 7 town. Or it could mean 2 scum 2 ww 2 alien and one cult and 6 town.
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:47 am

Post by cyrus62 »

Ok I dislike that thought cuse that would mean once we vote someone off we could be down to 2 town d2
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:48 am

Post by cyrus62 »

But cross kill would happen .
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:57 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 210, cyrus62 wrote:Cook is saying you don't have to read it as in it won't make you break any rules if you don't read it.
If Cook is providing game relevant information via flavor without having advertised that, that is explicitly bastard influence and moderator interference in the game and she's definitely in the wrong, given this is a Semi Open. Additionally, it's shitty moderator practice. If you think this is the case, I suggest you actually PM Cook to check, as her rules explicitly tell you to use PMs.
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:00 am

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 218, Bingle wrote:
In post 210, cyrus62 wrote:Cook is saying you don't have to read it as in it won't make you break any rules if you don't read it.
If Cook is providing game relevant information via flavor without having advertised that, that is explicitly bastard influence and moderator interference in the game and she's definitely in the wrong, given this is a Semi Open. Additionally, it's shitty moderator practice. If you think this is the case, I suggest you actually PM Cook to check, as her rules explicitly tell you to use PMs.
Ok then. I don't know how to respond to this.
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:44 am

Post by Cook »

Flavor has no mechanical relevance. "Seven" indicates how many votes necessary to eliminate someone. Post in question edited to reflect this.
Your friendly neighborhood chef and baker. LONG LIVE THE CHEFHAT REBELLION!
Cults With Guns //
"ya true if you don't play mafia you are probably winning" – Alisae

Inventor of 3d20 //
Successful Rebellion Leader//
Dragon of the West
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:34 am

Post by Dragon of the West »

In post 182, Mama Ru wrote:
In post 170, Bingle wrote:
In post 155, Dragon of the West wrote:
In post 147, Dragon of the West wrote:
In post 44, cyrus62 wrote:like i think i already messed up posting i think me hiding this game would have been best.
??????
Like I know I'm guilty of skimming Cyrus's posts but how did NO ONE at least ask about this?

Cyrus what is this post
I
I was ignoring it as a PR softclaim, tbh.
It does look like something that one would say in the scum werk room.
If it was anyone besides Cyrus I'd be more inclined to give space for it being a PR soft.... But it's Cyrus and reads like a PT!slip
Dragon of the West
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:39 am

In post 207, Bingle wrote:
In post 1, Cook wrote:My flavor color is #888888, italicized. This will denote information that is not necessary to read to play the game, but will improve your immersion should you read it.
I assumed 7 because it's 7 votes to elim someone
Dragon of the West
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:42 am

In post 222, Dragon of the West wrote:
In post 207, Bingle wrote:
I assumed 7 because it's 7 votes to elim someone
In post 220, Cook wrote:
Flavor has no mechanical relevance. "Seven" indicates how many votes necessary to eliminate someone. Post in question edited to reflect this.
I should catch up before saying stuff
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:47 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 169, Bingle wrote:
In post 163, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 65, Bingle wrote:So… I have a method by which we could maybe break the game but it is both unfun and at the very least against the spirit of the rules.

Thoughts?
How can this be done? You said "maybe" - does it depend on what people actually rolled, or are you unsure if it will work and it is independent of rolls?
It does depend on the rolls (there are theoretical worlds where it nets us no information in fact) and would explicitly not work with me or anyone I was partnered with. In fact, prior knowledge of how it works completely negates any advantage it might bring.

Were you aware I just called out loftwing as potential scum because it felt like they were fishing for ways to mitigate the strategy?
I wasnt asking to gauge whether you'd react the same way, just didn't think there was any guaranteed way to do it and was curious what you'd come up with. Doesnt sound like anything setup-breaking though, so my guess is its something similar to follow the cop which is risky to go forward with as it gets the investigative killed in the event there is no protective for them. Also in multiball any doctors should only be able to prevent one kill and it would be easy for a cop of any kind to get piled if they out as being an alignment cop without specifying which faction they can identify.
She/Her - limited access on nights and weekends

"No ssbm is not grudging me. She's one of my favorites on the website, and i wanna say vice versa." - Transcend
The day senpai noticed me^

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”