The Curse of Kowhai Mall - JUDITH MAIN THREAD - COMPLETED

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:21 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

Certainly!

Your chat with Taly: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=87979
Sometimes when I'm thinking of a track to submit, I think to myself "okay I could submit X, but I know a lot of people won't care for it, there's no point in wasting their time and mine". Glad to see [CaptainMeme] isn't burdened by such thoughts.

-Het
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:58 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

Oh I can get one with Pooky, now too right?
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:04 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

Sure thing! It's here: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=87986
Sometimes when I'm thinking of a track to submit, I think to myself "okay I could submit X, but I know a lot of people won't care for it, there's no point in wasting their time and mine". Glad to see [CaptainMeme] isn't burdened by such thoughts.

-Het
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:15 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

Thanks!

Room deadline

(expired on 2021-10-20 16:00:00)
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:46 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

If I climb out onto the alleyway to the roof, can I get back in? Also, Pooky told me that I can get to to other stores that way.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:47 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

Yep - the floor inside and outside are at the same level; you would be able to climb back in if you climb out.

-Het
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:02 am

Post by ambic »

Just to help you out a bit Nancy, here are some things in the current room you could try

- Have a read of the ancient documents. Maybe there's something useful for you. Even if there isn't, maybe there's something useful for someone else you could tell them about to gain friends.
- Bite the bullet and climb into the alley way. Maybe you will find something there that you like.
- Talk to Pat Miyagi about anything you like. Maybe he knows things that could help you. Maybe he knows some ghost stories.
- Have a read of the scrolls. Some people have done so already. You will see some of them have recipes. Maybe Pat can tell you where to find the ingredients. You could try your hand at making a recipe, just for the fun of it.
- Have a look at the covered things. Maybe there's a reason they are both covered.
- Look around the room to find a power socket. You do need to charge up your ghost vacuum at some stage.
- If you post
Look at Gadget Section
in the room you will see that there is a sun lamp for sale. Perhaps letting someone who is interested in vampires know about that might gain you a friend.
- Looking at items, sections of shelves you will see items that line up with other peoples stories. You might be be able to use what you learn just by picking things up, or looking that them. You may even be lucky enough to catch someone in a lie. Who knows.
- In the crystals for sale, there is an alien crystal for 100 dollars. Maybe you can steal it? Maybe that's a risk? Players can be arrested. But maybe getting arrested means you get to go find out what happened to Pooky.

Just post any actions you like in the thread. There are many many clues in the game, some for you, some for others. Do anything that seems like fun. Turn off light switches. Pull stuff. Break stuff. You may suffer some consequences for actions. But you also might find rewarding things that help you out. You are only limited by your own creativity here. As mods we will try to allow actions as much as we can.

You could even think of an action to try that us mods never expected, and we will do our best to adapt the story line around what you do. For example, you could now lock the window that everyone climbed out. Now they cannot get back through it. Why would you do that? I have no idea. You simply can do it. And that's where the fun of the game is.
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:52 pm

Post by ambic »

A new thread has been created for the Antiques store: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=87997
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:48 pm

Post by ambic »

So here you could dob Groza529 into the guard. You could lie to the guard. You could blackmail groza or befriend him. You could fight the guard. Your options are only limited to what you think would be beneficial to you
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:55 pm

Post by ambic »

Quentin (Groza529) has started a private chat with you: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=88012 You may use this whenever you are in the same room as each other.
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:02 pm

Post by ambic »

In post 23, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 18, ambic wrote:The documents are:

Building Consents to build a pyramid.
Registration form for starting a Witch Doctor based business
Parking Tickets from Ancient Rome
What are ghosts and how to find them: a Guide
Census form from Nazareth
Your legal obligations as a paid VCS member
Application form to travel to parallel earths

Any you wish to look at closer or buy? They cost five dollars each to keep. Honor based system since the shop owner is gone
Read and pay 5 loonies to keep (I’m Canadian y’all :P. Add extra to make up for the difference in the exchange rate ) What are ghosts and how to find them: a guide
You pay 5 loonies (I'm not Canadian OR US, so all good from me!) to get the book.

You learn
- Ghosts occur when a person is murdered or dies before their time. There is also an element of luck.
- Cats like to hang out around the ghost or the body of the deceased.
- Ghost vacuums (such as what you own) can suck ghosts up, but they need time to charge before being used. Plug your vacuum in somewhere to have it ready for when you need it.
- Ghosts do not remember that they died OR that they are dead. Showing evidence to a ghost of their death causes them to go crazy
- Ghosts will take revenge on people they think killed them. They are not known for accuracy.
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:24 pm

Post by ambic »

You enter the Apothecary. viewtopic.php?f=90&t=88017
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:31 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

Quentin mentioned that there was a ghost on the roof. How do I get there?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:34 pm

Post by ambic »

You will be able to get there after the next phase. It has been opened as an area now. Be sure to charge your ghost vacuum somewhere before then. Ask Pat if there is a power socket in here, or look for one in the eatery when you arrive there soon.
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:07 pm

Post by ambic »

Phase 2 has now ended: You are back in the Eatery with everyone now. All chats are now open. The phone store has now closed.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=87865

New Shop deadline

(expired on 2021-10-23 16:00:00)
You must send by the deadline. Rooms may now have a max of 5 people initially in them.
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:27 am

Post by ambic »

Charlie (Primate) has requested a private chat with you: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=88040
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:24 am

Post by ambic »

A meteor storm occurred See this post first: viewtopic.php?p=13069142#p13069142) for details

The sheer amazement of the night sky paled in comparison to what happened to you. As you stood watching open mouthed at the glory of the sky, you noticed that the fourth explosion seemed more powerful than the others. Without warning, you found yourself on the roof for a second. There is a viewing platform up here, and you are standing on it with a better view than anyone down near the carpark. Sarah the girl from the Phone store is there, watching. She seems startled by your sudden appearance. You remember that someone told you about a ghost up here, and you turn to look for them... only to see the carpark once again. You are back where you just were. Outside with the others.

You now have a MANA statistic added to your game. The meteor storm has somehow given you 6 Mana points, and Mana seems to have given you the ability to teleport to be with a person of your choice. Each time you teleport, it costs 2 Mana points. You will teleport across rooms. You do not know of any way to restore Mana once spent.
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:19 pm

Post by ambic »

You approach the Santas Grotto viewtopic.php?f=90&t=88032
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:26 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 42, ambic wrote:You approach the Santas Grotto viewtopic.php?f=90&t=88032
It says I’m not authorized to read it.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:28 pm

Post by ambic »

Sorry my fault, I granted access to "NancyDrew39" without spaces. Try again now
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:04 pm

Post by ambic »

Hi, we don't yet have a choice for you for next phase

Room choice deadline

(expired on 2021-10-22 16:00:00)

Rooms you can choose from

Apothecary (New)
Bank (New)
Bernie & Ertz Menswear
Cafe
Carpark (New)
Chapel (New)
Graveyard (New)
Gym
Legerdemain Supplies
Rooftop (New, Via Elevator)
Service Room (New, Via Elevator)
Suds-Standard Laundromat
Trip Up Travel Agency
Treasure Hunting Supplies

We will be taking a small break after the next phase to have a bit a breather.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:17 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

Graveyard, how can I get there?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:17 pm

Post by ambic »

You will walk there at the start of the next phase. About 24 hours time
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:24 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 47, ambic wrote:You will walk there at the start of the next phase. About 24 hours time
Cool, let’s do that then.

How do I get to find what my ghost guide says? I paid for it and everything.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:40 pm

Post by ambic »

In post 35, ambic wrote:
In post 23, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 18, ambic wrote:The documents are:

Building Consents to build a pyramid.
Registration form for starting a Witch Doctor based business
Parking Tickets from Ancient Rome
What are ghosts and how to find them: a Guide
Census form from Nazareth
Your legal obligations as a paid VCS member
Application form to travel to parallel earths

Any you wish to look at closer or buy? They cost five dollars each to keep. Honor based system since the shop owner is gone
Read and pay 5 loonies to keep (I’m Canadian y’all :P. Add extra to make up for the difference in the exchange rate ) What are ghosts and how to find them: a guide
You pay 5 loonies (I'm not Canadian OR US, so all good from me!) to get the book.

You learn
- Ghosts occur when a person is murdered or dies before their time. There is also an element of luck.
- Cats like to hang out around the ghost or the body of the deceased.
- Ghost vacuums (such as what you own) can suck ghosts up, but they need time to charge before being used. Plug your vacuum in somewhere to have it ready for when you need it.
- Ghosts do not remember that they died OR that they are dead. Showing evidence to a ghost of their death causes them to go crazy
- Ghosts will take revenge on people they think killed them. They are not known for accuracy.
Ie everything after the words You learn is what you learned from reading the book.

You really, really need to plug your ghost vacuum in soon. Preferably now. Unplug the PC at the service desk. If you end up confronting a ghost without it charged, it could be disasterous

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”