The Curse of Kowhai Mall - Game Over Thread

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:08 am

Post by ambic »

In post 0, ambic wrote:
The Curse of Kowhai Mall

Role:
Kane

Player:
GeorgeBailey

You are a Russian Spy, visiting the mall as you have intelligence that there is an alien spacecraft here at the mall. Your job is to find that spacecraft, learn to fly it, and get it home to Russia. You also need to eliminate anyone who knows about the craft, as you dont want an international incident before your fellow Russians can learn of the UFOs secrets.

Goals

1. Find the craft
2. Kill anyone on board the craft, or you can prove has been on board the craft.
3. Learn to fly the craft and fly it home to Russia

As alluded to in thread, some players are not exiting the mall by train. You are not required to buy a train ticket and cannot leave the game by any other means other than the UFO.
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:09 am

Post by ambic »

Edit: Whoops, not Benson, Blake!
The Curse of Kowhai Mall

Role:
Blake

Player:
Chamber

You are Blake, an FBI agent who is being blackmailed into regularly destroying evidence against a man known as 'Kingpin' and his thugs. If you do what the gang say, your kidnapped wife will get to eat for another week. If not, they will starve her to death. You have learned that Kingpin and his thugs meet in this mall somewhere.

Goals

1. Find Kingpin, and take revenge on him. You can do this by killing kingpin, or destroying his gang/business in someway. You can be as creative as you like.
2. Find your Wife, and free her from wherever they have her caged.
You may action your goals in any order.

Once you have done all that, buy yourself (and your wife) a train ticket, then board the train alongside the mall, and leave the game.
Last edited by ambic on Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: She

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:28 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

KINGPIN! MY MILLION!!!!
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:36 am

Post by ambic »

Yeah, you were the most active player of the Kingpin story line. You, Taly and Chamber all had the same location in mind. Along the way two players got themselves 200,000 cash.

Every storyline has 3 participants. I would imagine it really hurt Taly and Chamber that you died, as you were the most likely to find clues from the way you were approaching the game. Taly is still alive, but not responding to PM prods unfortunately, and it's impractical to replace him at this stage. A lot of his clues are walking around in other peoples hands now.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:38 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

I was too worried there might be a kingpin ally in order to publicly try and find people who would be against him bahhh

my millionnnn

Seems like chamber and I would have been great allies
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:46 am

Post by ambic »

For the record, his wife was in one of the Crypts in the grave yard. Kingpin was taking a spa in the spa bath, but had clues in his clothing and his tattoo. There were clues to his identity with Madame Seer, video footage in the Security room,a badge for sale at Merricks that matched the tattoo, and larmouth was the login for Lyle Armouth on the computer systems. His banking details were accessible elsewhere too, and could be drained from his bank account. Taking or burning the million from his illegal poker game would have also constituted success. THe room was loaded with explosives, so a fire there would have been fun (and still could be!)

Yes, you, Chamber and Taly could have all allied together. You had the same basic goals. If you had managed to chat enough to work it out, the three of you could have robbed the bank easily, cheated the poker game, found and killed Kingpin while he bathed.

(The easiest way to rob the bank was to have one person arrested by the guard, and the other two make merry while the arrested person was interrogated. The guard wouldn't have been able to respond. That or cutting the power. That or coming in from the tunnels in the carpark. That or blowing the safe door with a grenade. Or even via computer. Armouths Password was 'DoubleCross', but the person who found that changed his password on me)
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:43 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

sheeeeeeeeeesh

In another timeline then, taly n chamber
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:22 pm

Post by ambic »

Paul has completed his win condition, and has departed earth with 4 victims and a bonus 2 kills.

In the process Quentin was killed after his gun was left uncharged at the point necessary to pull off the win.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:22 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

damn they couldnt take him down huh
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:24 pm

Post by ambic »

Taly
has withdrawn from the game. At this late stage, with his fellow players on the same goal already dead, we have made the call not to replace him.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:37 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Ah if you had said before I gained access to the thread I would have replaced... except that probably wouldnt have worked I guess since I know things that Taly doesn't
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:40 pm

Post by ambic »

Nah, I can't let players who played replace. You have knowledge that would be unfair.
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:41 pm

Post by ambic »

The Curse of Kowhai Mall

Role:
Quentin

Player:
Groza529

You were in the mall, minding your own business when you suddenly found yourself inside a glass container with a lifesupport system being pushed into your back and fact. By chance you were carrying a weight, from which you were doing some exercise. You used the weight, smashed your way out and found yourself on board a UFO parked in the carpark. Inside the UFO was a laser gun, of unknown power. You grabbed it and hit a few buttons on the control panel trying to get the door open. Instead of opening, you teleported to the Santa's Grotto in the mall.

And you are furious! Who knows what health affects teleporting twice in rapid succession will have on your stunningly fit healthy body.

Goals

1. Find the Alien who captured you.
2. Kill the Alien who captured you.
3. Find the UFO
4. Destroy the UFO by any means necessary.

Once done, buy yourself a train ticket, board the train and exit the mall.

Be aware: This game contains many NPC characters. The alien you hunt may be a player in the game, an NPC in the game, and may or may not be disguised. You'll want evidence of who the alien is before reacting too quickly. Killing innocents may have unintended consequences.
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:42 pm

Post by ambic »

The Curse of Kowhai Mall

Role:
Paul

Player:
Porochaz

You are an alien, disguised as Paul the Human, whose spacecraft was nicely parked in the carpark. Mall security moved it to another location without your permission. As annoying as that is, you are still in need of acquiring nice human specimens to take back home for 'research'.

Goals

1. Find where your UFO is
2. Find a source of power for your UFO (You were a bit low on fuel when you arrived on Earth)
3. Capture 4 living humans

To help you capture 4 living humans, you have rigged some teleportation crystals up around the mall. They will activate if you can get anyone to do any of the following:
1. Get someone to press a country starting with G on the Interactive globe in the TRAVEL AGENCY.
2. Get someone to sit in the confessional in the CHAPEL, with you in the priest seat.
3. Get someone to drink from the BROWN TRIANGULAR bottle on Shelf 5 of the APOTHECARY.
4. Get someone to climb into the tunnel in the LAST DRYER in the LAUNDROMAT. You must shut them in and turn it on for it to work
If you find more teleportation crystals, you may be able to rig your own traps.
If you witness someone teleporting via other means, you may be be able to interfere with that process.
Each crystal can only be used once.

If you are unable to capture people by the traps, you can lure them to your UFO and knock them out. Or knock them out first. Heck, you may even be able to get them to climb into the Life Support Systems on board the ufo.

Once you have 4 living humans on board, fly your craft home. This will severely damage the mall in the process, but, hey, you dont care.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:45 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Once again, I want to apologise to all,

Morning I really felt bad taking you out so early, I honestly didn't think you would go for the button press. But my dislike of Blackpool is true. (chamber might be able to attest to that!) But you took my crystal from the store. You had to die.

chamber, you took my crystal from the dryer, although Im not sure why. Again, I had to get you. You know me way to well to fall for any of my tricks, it was unfortunate the demon play fell into my lap.

Merrick... I didn't want to kill you. I know you were an NPC, but the way you pleaded for your life made me genuinely sad I had to kill you. I was actually genuinely upset I had to do that. I hope he is able to live out the rest of his life in a nice home on my planet, once research has been done.

Groza, once again, it was a pleasure playing with you. It was a shame we had to have the stand off. It seems in these games, me and you are endgame.

George, I kinda had to kill you. But that was me trying to get away, unfortunately you were collateral.
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:46 pm

Post by ambic »

George was unlucky, you shot the first person to board the UFO, and he was first.
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:47 pm

Post by ambic »

Spiro would have been fun, he would have gone poltergeist on you. :)
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:47 pm

Post by Porochaz »

I really wanted to use that chapel crystal, I had this idea of having someone confessing there sins to me, and trying to pull off me thinking I was St Paul or something. I had vaguely put in some religious hints (or I meant to)
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:47 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Lol, what would the levitating have eventually done?
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:49 pm

Post by ambic »

The UFO would have been thrown into the helicopter, and wrecked. I dont know. I wasnt expecting you to land the thing on the Poltergeist that Primate unleashed :D
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:50 pm

Post by Porochaz »

It feels like Primate causes chaos whatever role he plays.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:12 pm

Post by Porochaz »

I guess last post for me for now, but can I say ambic/meme. You did a great job with this and being so responsive and detailed with the rooms, the items, the characters and how they interact. I left the laundry knowing there was still stuff left to discover and slightly disappointed I didn't find everything (although I assume I'd have to move heavy machinery to do so). Also chamber removing the crystal I was going to use to kill spiro... although I'm guessing he wouldn't have counted towards my 4. I enjoyed playing me, thanks for that amb! Hopefully next time I don't play a kidnapper. There is a reason I come back for this game and it doesn't disappoint. I hope to be on the contact list for the next one. Thanks guys!
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:17 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 39, Porochaz wrote:Morning I really felt bad taking you out so early, I honestly didn't think you would go for the button press. But my dislike of Blackpool is true. (chamber might be able to attest to that!) But you took my crystal from the store. You had to die.
i thought you wanted to have a cute little interaction!!!!! bahhhh
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:19 pm

Post by Porochaz »

I mean I did! But it was a gimme...
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:39 pm

Post by ambic »

In post 46, Porochaz wrote:I guess last post for me for now, but can I say ambic/meme. You did a great job with this and being so responsive and detailed with the rooms, the items, the characters and how they interact. I left the laundry knowing there was still stuff left to discover and slightly disappointed I didn't find everything (although I assume I'd have to move heavy machinery to do so). Also chamber removing the crystal I was going to use to kill spiro... although I'm guessing he wouldn't have counted towards my 4. I enjoyed playing me, thanks for that amb! Hopefully next time I don't play a kidnapper. There is a reason I come back for this game and it doesn't disappoint. I hope to be on the contact list for the next one. Thanks guys!
Thanks! Yeah the players who interact get a lot out of the game, and thats what I love to see. There are more shenanigans to come, but we are two phases away from finishing I think.

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”