[SETUP] Cop Killer

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

[SETUP] Cop Killer

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:59 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

An old set-up that Painters and Lies reminded me of

Innocent Child Publishing Cop

Compulsive CPR Doctor

Vanilla Townie

Vanilla Townie

Vanilla Townie

Vanilla Townie

Vanilla Townie

Vanilla Townie

Vanilla Townie

Fire Mafia Goon

Fire Mafia Goon

Ice Mafia Goon

Ice Mafia Goon

If Fire and Ice Mafia target the same player, their kills are canceled out and the target survives. If CPR and one scum faction target a player, they will survive. If all 3 target the same player or if just the CPR Doc targets a player, they will die. Scum have daytalk.

Spoiler: Role PMs
Innocent Child Publishing CopWelcome!

You are a
Innocent Child Publishing Cop
  • Your identity will revealed at the start of the game.
  • At night you can choose a player, their alignment will be revealed at the start of the following day.
You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated or nothing can stop this from occurring.

The game thread is here.

Compulsive CPR DoctorWelcome!

You are a
Compulsive CPR Doctor
  • At night you MUST target a player, this will kill that player but if that player is already due to die, you will save them.
  • If you fail to submit a kill, your target will be randomised.
You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated or nothing can stop this from occurring.

The game thread is here.

Vanilla TownieWelcome!

You are a
Vanilla Townie

You have no special abilities.

You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated.

The game thread is here.

Fire Mafia GoonWelcome!

You are a
Fire Mafia Goon

Your partners is PLAYER (
Fire Mafia Goon
), your PT is here.
  • At night you can kill a player, if the Ice Mafia also target that player, both kills will fail.
  • You can talk in your PT at any time.
You win when all other players have been eliminated or when a day or night phase begins with an equal amount of Fire and Ice Mafia members and no townies alive

The game thread is here.

Ice Mafia GoonWelcome!

You are a
Ice Mafia Goon

Your partners is PLAYER (
Ice Mafia Goon
), your PT is here.
  • At night you can kill a player, if the Fire Mafia also target that player, both kills will fail.
  • You can talk in your PT at any time.
You win when all other players have been eliminated or when a day or night phase begins with an equal amount of Ice and Fire Mafia members and no townies alive

The game thread is here.
Last edited by Not_Mafia on Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:08 pm

Post by Ythan »

Wifom the game.
Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:37 am

Post by Salsabil Faria »

@Not_Mafia
, (don't ignore me this time) can you explain these lines thoroughly, please?

CPR Doc resolves after the Fire and Ice kills

if that player is already due to die, you will save them
I'm waiting for someone to say something special in mafia game(s) about me, so that, I can change my pathetic signature.

Damn you salsa and your kamikaze claim that allowed you to enjoy and succeed within your own personally crafted win condition :lol: ~ AurorusVox
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:53 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

1. The CPR Doc's action will come after the fire and ice mafia's kills, which happened simultaneously

2. The idea of a CPR Doctor is that if you use a defibrillator on someone whose heart is in fibrillation they will survive but if you use on a person who is okay they will die. So it's essentially a vig that becomes a doc if another kill is being performed on it's target
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:08 am

Post by Salsabil Faria »

In post 3, Not_Mafia wrote:1. The CPR Doc's action will come after the fire and ice mafia's kills, which happened simultaneously
Still don’t get it :oops:
I'm waiting for someone to say something special in mafia game(s) about me, so that, I can change my pathetic signature.

Damn you salsa and your kamikaze claim that allowed you to enjoy and succeed within your own personally crafted win condition :lol: ~ AurorusVox
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:28 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Think of it flavour wise, the sun sets at 9pm, the fire and the ice Mafia both immediately head out to kill someone, but the CPR Doc is too busy watching friends reruns and eating a KFC family bucket and doesn’t go out until 11pm
Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:04 am

Post by Salsabil Faria »

Lol!
I want a KFC family bucket :(

Now tell me if I get it right...

Scenario 1: Fire target X player, Ice target Y player, CPR target Y player, Y player will be saved and X player will be dead?

Scenario 2: Fire target X player, Ice target Y player, CPR target Z player... all 3 of them will be dead?

Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:54 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

That is correct
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:58 am

Post by Cook »

In post 5, Not_Mafia wrote:Think of it flavour wise, the sun sets at 9pm, the fire and the ice Mafia both immediately head out to kill someone, but the CPR Doc is too busy watching friends reruns and eating a KFC family bucket and doesn’t go out until 11pm
now it's time to explain NAR this way.
Your friendly neighborhood chef and baker. LONG LIVE THE CHEFHAT REBELLION!
Cults With Guns //
"ya true if you don't play mafia you are probably winning" – Alisae

Inventor of 3d20 //
Successful Rebellion Leader//
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:22 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

On reflection, CPR Doc will resolve with the scum kills, I wanted to simplify resolving the CPR Doc but I don't want to remove the ability of the CPR Doc to target themselves to save themself.
Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:27 am

Post by Salsabil Faria »

In post 9, Not_Mafia wrote:On reflection, CPR Doc will resolve with the scum kills, I wanted to simplify resolving the CPR Doc but I don't want to remove the ability of the CPR Doc to target themselves to save themself.
Don’t understand this :nerd:

Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:58 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

So all kills will happen simultaneously, it’s pretty much the same, but the CPR Doc will be able get a shot off even if killed by scum and also they will now be able to target themselves and potentially save themself

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”