PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #7650 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:07 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

gamma going into antipew anime gif mode when he thought he was about to get blown up was one of the top 5 moments of the game
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #7651 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:07 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 7829, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:it was funny as fuck tho
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #7652 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:17 pm

Post by DkKoba »

not that funny when youre the one being blown up for being reasonably upset at a lol-use of the ability
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #7653 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:19 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #7654 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:54 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 7701, RadiantCowbells wrote:Anything uPick has ended in a
Mafia
Victory!
:(

Sorry Taly, you did have good reads and can read me correctly and I helped scum by praying for her. :facepalm: I’m becoming an atheist after this game.

:lol:

Cheeky was right that one of Sakura’s/GLB’s claim was scum. I did wonder why Sakura didn’t die. Morale of the story: when in doubt, Occams razor rarely steers you wrong and I know hindsight is 20/20. lol

Gg scum.

Thanks for modding RC.

Cheeky <3 <3 <3
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #7655 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:58 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 7828, DkKoba wrote:also random: stop giving townies vigs that work on d1. they dont deserve it.

townies will always use it in the worst way possible and ruin the game for the people who are in the game.

it's just not a good role.

we lost a whole mislim on d1 because of a person who didnt want to be patient with their role. its just obnoxious as hell when it happens and ive never won a game where a townie uses a vig on d1 outside of chat mafia where its an intended setup design thing.
Yeah, maybe novice vig would have been better. Also, protip toog: scum extremely rarely try to actively piss off the vig.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #7656 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:05 pm

Post by Taly »

This game shows that mechanics aren't my strong suit as town.

After the Enchant shot and Sakura using my PoE in a protown manner, I thought it was so far fetched for scum to just destroy their team like that.

I became hyperfocused on why I didn't get a feedback loop from my role and because I submitted to the fact that, since everybody townread Sakura early game, I took that as the read I was originally incorrect on.
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #7657 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:06 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 7803, Sakura Hana wrote:I was mostly worried about Nancy and Cheeky catching me (Nancy does know how to catch me) and they were starting to question stuff, hence, why they died.
I think they and JJH are the only kills we made out of "These guys are playing well as town and need to die before they catch us".
Taly was originally that too, but the kill failed at first i assumed self-targeting doc lol, after killing JJH, and after the split day, Taly wasnt that much of a threat imo, plus we needed to start taking specific roles / clears out, which is why he survived that long.
That reminds me I wonder if Taly was supposed to bait scum into redirecting him.
So we were the N1 Nk target? Next time Taly tells me you’re scum, I’m going to listen. Vic voteparking on you didn’t really hurt either.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #7658 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:07 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 7837, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:So we were the N1 Nk target?
Taly was.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #7659 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:08 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 7836, Taly wrote:This game shows that mechanics aren't my strong suit as town.

After the Enchant shot and Sakura using my PoE in a protown manner, I thought it was so far fetched for scum to just destroy their team like that.

I became hyperfocused on why I didn't get a feedback loop from my role and because I submitted to the fact that, since everybody townread Sakura early game, I took that as the read I was originally incorrect on.
We had the most insane af role for town to possibly have. Long story short Taly, we did our level best to save you from yourself.

:wink:
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7660 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:14 pm

Post by Taly »

I cannot tell you how violently Pooky threw me into a rabbit hole over this single interaction.
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7661 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:17 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 7839, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 7836, Taly wrote:This game shows that mechanics aren't my strong suit as town.

We had the most insane af role for town to possibly have. Long story short Taly, we did our level best to save you from yourself.

So you made it so taly couldnt target taly?
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #7662 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:22 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 7699, RadiantCowbells wrote:The prayers of many have reached Sanae Kochiya in their dying moments, bolstering her power and fueling her ascension to godhood.

As her power waxes she reaches her 13th prayer and creates a miracle, ascending to divinity and winning the game for her team.

Sakura Hana was Sanae Kochiya, Wind Priestess.

Spoiler: Role PM
Welcome, Sakura Hana. You are Sanae Kochiya, Wind Priestess. You are a Mafia Faith-Collecting Deity.

Something like winning a match can't be compared to a miracle!

Prayers to Moriya (Faith-Dependent): Every time a town-aligned player dies, they will have the option to pray to you. As you receive prayers, you will gain stronger and stronger 1-use power roles.

Shrine Maiden (Loved): At 3 prayers you become loved for the remainder of the game. This modifier ceases to work in XLo.
Mighty Wind (1-Shot Strongman Ninja Vigilante): At 5 prayers once per game you may target a player for a nightkill that will use both the strongman and ninja modifiers. This is independent of the factional nightkill.
Gray Thaumaturgy (Triple Role Cop): At 7 prayers once per game you can discover 3 roles. This ability cannot be roleblocked.
Forgotten Ritual (Mass Roleblock): At 10 prayers, you can roleblock every town-aligned player together. This supercedes all other actions.
OR
Forgotten Ritual (1-Shot Loyal Vig): At 10 prayers, you can target a player with a Loyal Vig action.
Miracle (Non-standard Win Condition): At 13 prayers, you can cause a miracle and win the game instantly for your team.
Mafia (Mafia): You are aligned with the Mafia and can discuss the game with your teammates here.

You win when the Town have been removed or nothing can prevent this from happening.

Your fakeclaim is as follows:

Welcome, Sakura Hana. You are Sanae Kochiya, Wind Priestess. You are a Faith-Collecting Deity.

Something like winning a match can't be compared to a miracle!

Prayers to Moriya (Faith-Dependent): Every time a town-aligned player dies, they will have the option to pray to you. As you receive prayers, you will gain stronger and stronger 1-use power roles.

Shrine Maiden (Loved): At 3 prayers you become loved for the remainder of the game. This modifier ceases to work in XLo.
Mighty Wind (1-Shot Parity Cop): At 5 prayers once per game you may target two player and learn whether they are the same alignment or different.
Gray Thaumaturgy (Triple Role Cop): At 7 prayers once per game you can discover 3 roles. This ability cannot be interfered with.
Forgotten Ritual (2-Shot Disloyal Vig): At 10 prayers, you can pick two players and disloyally vig them, killing them if they are not on your team.
Miracle (Divine Ascension): At 13 prayers, you leave the game. As you leave, you are given the full scumteam and have the option of strongman killing one of your choice.

You win when the Mafia have been removed or nothing can prevent this from happening.

Anything uPick has ended!
lololol You’re welcome Sakura.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :yawn: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #7663 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:27 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 7841, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 7839, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:

So you made it so taly couldnt target taly?
We just couldn’t trust Taly with Taly. We tried to will a harness on that self-biting beak, so hopefully that helped at least.

Taly’s role combined with ours could start a meme tsunami.

Yeah, we also did that to T3 but probably him being jk’d probably nullified that.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #7664 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:28 pm

Post by Firebringer »

i woudl question why u would do that but....i dont see the point in what any of ur actions was
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #7665 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:37 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 7844, Firebringer wrote:i woudl question why u would do that but....i dont see the point in what any of ur actions was
We thought if hr could no longer self-target, he’d be free to target elsewhere.

We didn’t really fully understand our role and think it made a much better role for scum.

However, the excessively long periods between flips, the witch trials, split PTs and mostly our hydra PT being locked. made me lose most of my WIM for this game. I would have probably for like the first time ever, forgotten to submit an NA had Cheeky not remembered to do it.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7666 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:37 pm

Post by jjh927 »

In post 7818, Firebringer wrote:U know the worst thing about this game?
I am going to still see people claim things like TMI slips more often and point to this game as an example.
If anyone points to this game as an example, tell them they probably wouldn't have believed it was an actual TMI in this case

Unless it is me

If it's me pointing to this example, then it probably is a TMI and you should sheep me
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7667 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:50 pm

Post by Galron »

In post 7821, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:
In post 7700, RadiantCowbells wrote:I choose me! (Self-Targeting): You compulsively target yourself every night in the game, in the same way you chose to pick yourself.
Friendly! (Friendly Neighbour): Your target will learn that you are town-aligned.
this is the most hilarious role I've ever seen
Poor toucan.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #7668 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:37 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Dead PT

Scum hood mason PTs will be opened in 48 hours barring an objection
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #7669 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:00 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Okay this needs to be asked
@Ircher
WHy the fuck did u protect scum so hard D1 that u wanted to throw ur self on the sword for it.
Show

Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7670 (ISO) » Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:07 am

Post by Taly »

OUCH. Even the dead thread thought I was scum... :/

I realize I can learn from this game but damn. Nobody made sense to me past
Loft's and T3's
mislim this game.

Yikes I would not have connected that I was blocked by
CW
unless I started getting feedback on my role.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7671 (ISO) » Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:08 am

Post by Taly »

Idk I'm still a bit in awe that it was game consensus Sakura was cleared but its not like I fought that past D3 so
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7672 (ISO) » Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:09 am

Post by Taly »

I thought someone knew something I didn't.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #7673 (ISO) » Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:16 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 7850, Taly wrote:OUCH. Even the dead thread thought I was scum... :/
It's not that you were scummy. We were just looking for ANY answer about what was going on. Sakura's bus was very good.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7674 (ISO) » Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:20 am

Post by Taly »

I'm going to take this as a compliment to my scumgame then lmao

Y'all overestimate my scumgame

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”