Mini 2250: Role-A-Pair Mafia (Game Over)

penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:41 am

Post by penguin_alien »

With 13 players alive, it takes 7 players for an elimination vote.

Vote Count 1.02:

Heart Shape (3): Circle Shape, Color Green, Color Blue
Color Green (2): Color Orange, Color Red

Not voting (8): Color Yellow, Color Purple, Diamond Shape, Heart Shape, Pentagon Shape, Star Shape, Triangle Shape, Arrow Shape

Day One ends in (expired on 2021-11-30 16:29:39)
Last edited by penguin_alien on Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arrow Shape
Arrow Shape
Goon
Arrow Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:41 am

Post by Arrow Shape »

It's dreams that tell us who we are.
That's why we chase our dreams.
Color Blue
Color Blue
Goon
Color Blue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:45 am

Post by Color Blue »

I have trouble believing it's artificial from Green!scum because he pushed at you ~12m after replace in.

IMO that's far too short a time for someone to rep in, see they are scum, then scan the thread for things to attack with.

The belief that you are mafia because of that post should probably have been formed prior to replacing in, making it a belief Green had prior to receiving his role pm....

I guess it's possible he's a very daring scumbag who has no hesitation about getting into it aggressively right off the bat but I don't often see that.

I am wondering do you have any reason to townread Heart? I don't think there was anything in his iso that seemed townie and Circle does make a good case that he does seem to be just coasting with making some very noncommital comments.
Arrow Shape
Arrow Shape
Goon
Arrow Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:49 am

Post by Arrow Shape »

What bothers me about heart is that they stopped posting suddenly.
That's a grave crime. :cop:
Arrow Shape
Arrow Shape
Goon
Arrow Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:50 am

Post by Arrow Shape »

:( It's way too early for me to be posting.
*sneaks out the back*
ilu thread.
Color Blue
Color Blue
Goon
Color Blue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:01 am

Post by Color Blue »

In post 828, Arrow Shape wrote:What bothers me about heart is that they stopped posting suddenly.
That's a grave crime. :cop:
Why dontcha vote them then ? :cop:
Color Red
Color Red
Townie
Color Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:01 am

Post by Color Red »

In post 827, Color Blue wrote:I have trouble believing it's artificial from Green!scum because he pushed at you ~12m after replace in.

IMO that's far too short a time for someone to rep in, see they are scum, then scan the thread for things to attack with.

The belief that you are mafia because of that post should probably have been formed prior to replacing in, making it a belief Green had prior to receiving his role pm....

I guess it's possible he's a very daring scumbag who has no hesitation about getting into it aggressively right off the bat but I don't often see that.

I am wondering do you have any reason to townread Heart? I don't think there was anything in his iso that seemed townie and Circle does make a good case that he does seem to be just coasting with making some very noncommital comments.
I think they picked someone at random and went after them thinking their aggresiveness would look townie. They didn't have time to build a case bforehand which is why they don't have a case on me (one line is not a case, and attacking a specific post is usually scum indicitive)

Alternatively, they weren't satisfied with the gamestate as it was when they replaced in.
This would implicate the unpaired shapes as potential partners, but may not be the case.

As for heart, I don't townread them. They are scummy independantly of green. But I don't think their dynamic with green is s/s, and green's play looks like textbook scum play to me.
Color Blue
Color Blue
Goon
Color Blue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:15 am

Post by Color Blue »

In post 831, Color Red wrote:Alternatively, they weren't satisfied with the gamestate as it was when they replaced in.
This would implicate the unpaired shapes as potential partners, but may not be the case.
I have a hard time believing someone can replace in, decide the game state is bad for their scum team and whip up a fake readslist in 12 minutes.
Pentagon Shape
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:25 am

Post by Pentagon Shape »

In post 818, Color Green wrote:I swear to ~Deity~ if one me person asks about the fucking trajectory "issues" when my single focus since replacing in is to murder the shit out of Heart and Red.

Red-1's posting that was IMO manipulative being an alt-slip doesn't mean it was intended as one, so you take it as if it had been posted as red directly, and that was a tug at emotion, is the last line:
In post 150, Toogeloo wrote:The reason I thought Diamond TMI'd was because as far as I know, we don't know what our powers or modifiers are. So when he claimed that Mafia would have a Roleblock, I assumed he was talking about one of their powers and not the delay action (which isn't a Roleblock).

Shortly after, Pentagon states he didn't like Diamond, which is why I considered Pentagon a good spot to pair with.

I haven't really been trying to scum hunt, so much as figure out who would be my ideal partner.
To me this reads as trying to make you (yes you, the person behind the screen) feel sorry for not liking their approach to the game.
How do you get that from this? Since when does scum ever say something like that voluntarily? And he was in fact scumhunting anyway because of his read on Diamond. Idk if Heart is scum but at least the perspective slip theory is plausible and there’s some other odd posts besides that like telling Purple, scum will try to pair with them. I don’t know if that’s ai or not but it’s also kind of an unusual thought for town to have.
Pentagon Shape
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:30 am

Post by Pentagon Shape »

In post 248, Heart Shape wrote:
In post 210, Color Purple wrote:
In post 206, Color Orange wrote:
In post 115, Color Purple wrote:Is this TMI?
What do you mean by this.
I was talking about . I was worried that it would give away that I've never played outside of the Newbie and Normal Queues.
If you're town, you just made yourself a target for pairing by scum.
In post 574, Heart Shape wrote:I guess with five unpaird there probably is scum in there, but I'm not sure I have a preference as far as who should get the delay. If scum get it, I don't know if that's a terrible thing when we don't know what the powers even are yet.
Idk, I still want to hear their reaction first because I think that will tell us a lot.
Pentagon Shape
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:41 am

Post by Pentagon Shape »

Just re-ISO’d Star because I had previously thought that they sounded worse than either Heart/Green but they actually sound better than either. So I think it’s between Heart or Green. Yellow isn’t doing much but nothing has pinged me really.
Pentagon Shape
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:00 am

Post by Pentagon Shape »

In post 611, Color Green wrote:I have been sitting outside the fog of war, following along since the beginning.

Here are my reads prior to replacing in. (Obviously, this ignores my own role PM, but I was fairly confident it was a town slot)

Extremely Town:

Color Blue
Color Purple
Circle Shape

Town:

Color Green
Triangle Shape
Color Orange
Arrow Shape
Pentagon Shape

Could Go Either Way:

Color Yellow
Diamond Shape
Star Shape

Please Deny Endgame:

Heart Shape

Kill As Soon As Able:

Color Red

I do believe all remaining unpaired folks are town, and that the delayer is going to be town as such. Damn the torpedo(s), we eliminate scum, not drag our heels at what could have been with all PR pairings being intact.

I explicitly chose not to replace into the red slot as
I felt the posts that caused it to be replaced
were extremely scum indicative, even in a vacuum of a general unnamed player.
So I see some slight inconsistencies here. Green has Yellow, Diamond, Star as “could go either way” but later states that they “believe all unpaired folks are town and then wrongly shades red by incorrectly implying his replace out was actually voluntary when it clearly wasn’t.

So I’m torn on this because I dislike both but for different reasons, not really impressed with Star either. Diamond and Yellow are nulls am not currently worried about anyone else.

I’m thinking that it’s probably unusual for scum to right out of the gate try to put such a huge target on their back when it’s safer to not make waves.
Pentagon Shape
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:04 am

Post by Pentagon Shape »

In post 832, Color Blue wrote:
In post 831, Color Red wrote:Alternatively, they weren't satisfied with the gamestate as it was when they replaced in.
I have a hard time believing someone can replace in, decide the game state is bad for their scum team and whip up a fake readslist in 12 minutes.
They could but they’re putting such a huge target on their back by doing this, when they could just be playing it safe.
Circle Shape
Circle Shape
Townie
Circle Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:05 am

Post by Circle Shape »

In post 819, Color Red wrote:I think the problem isn't really trajectory so much as you have very palpable reads that were supposedly made pre-getting your role and then you don't seem to be following them afterward. You are giving the impression you changed some of your reads before your first post.
Wonder why that could be?

VOTE: Green
what reads is green not following he has given exactly 2 scumreads since replace in and been consistent on both
In post 823, Color Red wrote:I had to ask twice for the reasoning for their scumread on me TWICE before they actually provided it, and what they provided was a single extremely small case they seem to think has huge ramifications.
Does anyone not actively playing the game build cases like that? Would anyone actually playing the game build cases like that? It feels so obviously artificial at this point.
do day 1 reads have to be deep
In post 832, Color Blue wrote:
agree with this basically

i think all of greens reads are essentially legitimate and the things he is being attacked for are mostly nai

which doesnt equate to a townread

but i dont see green as a likely hit

pf course if people want to knock themselves out on that they can go for it
Circle Shape
Circle Shape
Townie
Circle Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:07 am

Post by Circle Shape »

calling it now yellow is the scumbag for this game that people will let coast too long for ?reasons?
Pentagon Shape
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:22 am

Post by Pentagon Shape »

In post 88, Color Yellow wrote:I don't have a firm read either way yet, but Arrow seems very fun, so I vote we keep 'em around.

Pair: Arrow
In post 110, Color Yellow wrote:
In post 99, Color Purple wrote:
In post 95, Arrow Shape wrote:Uh,
why do you think star is town
Their opinion on the lack of RVS. Circle was my RVS pair vote. The question was RQS.
RVS pairing right out the gate seems like a bad idea. It's not like normal RVS where a majority has to agree on a lim before there are any consequences, you could have easily been locked into that.
Idk if this is meaningful but Yellow paired Arrow without having much of a read on them which is nether here nor there but then suggests to Purple that “rvs pairing right out of the gate is a bad idea”. So why is it okay for Yellow to pair with Arrow and not have a read on them but it’s unadvisable for Purple to do that with Star? but I may be just picking at nia things with this.
Color Blue
Color Blue
Goon
Color Blue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:38 am

Post by Color Blue »

In post 823, Color Red wrote:2. If me and heart are s/s, why would I ever hop off when they still have a good chance of being eliminated today? It would be objectively better to stay on to try and gain towncred. Instead they try to discredit my concerns about their slot because "oh they are just jumping off their bus of my other scumread" It's very obviously not being aware of the gamestate because they aren't interested in actually sorting.

thinking more about this and I think its kind of disingenous.

Because I don't really see why town!red sheeps circle's vote on heart and then switches off before heart can even respond to the pressure on him...

also if you read the page this vote flip is on, its quite clear what the motive would be for the vote switch...

Orange votes for Green,

Penta says he might vote for green

Arrow expresses doubt about green

purple says "oh heart isnt a consensus tr?"

red is seeing momentum/opinion change on heart wagon and seems to be taking oppurtunity to try to change direction.. feels v convenient based on thread movement - not actual read change.
Color Blue
Color Blue
Goon
Color Blue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:39 am

Post by Color Blue »

In post 808, Color Yellow wrote:I haven't been able to get caught up like I wanted to, but I did have a dream that green was scum for whatever that's worth.
In post 809, Color Yellow wrote:Checked VC, what's up with Heart?

I do not like these two posts.
Color Green
Color Green
Goon
Color Green
Goon
Goon

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:14 am

Post by Color Green »

If it's Yellow-Red-Heart then I believe I am owed a beer.
Arrow Shape
Arrow Shape
Goon
Arrow Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:37 am

Post by Arrow Shape »

In post 843, Color Green wrote:If it's Yellow-Red-Heart then I believe I am owed a beer.
Do you have any other treats you like? I will metaphorically get you one. If you have 2/3

Uh, how anyone can read yellow as anything but null is beyond me though. But please keep pressuring them to do something.
Arrow Shape
Arrow Shape
Goon
Arrow Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:38 am

Post by Arrow Shape »

In post 839, Circle Shape wrote:calling it now yellow is the scumbag for this game that people will let coast too long for ?reasons?
Feel free to murder them. I have abandonment issues.
Color Blue
Color Blue
Goon
Color Blue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:02 am

Post by Color Blue »

I don't like Yellow's dream because

I also have dreams about Mafia sometimes - I have in fact had a dream about this game (that's for Circle in our PT)

but I've never had a dream about a game that I didn't really care very much for.

And yellow's barely here so I don't see why he would have a dream about this game.

Also it just feels like yellow is pretending to be unaware of what's going on and doing a totally clueless act.

:/
Heart Shape
Heart Shape
Townie
Heart Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:51 am

Post by Heart Shape »

Forgot about this game.

I assume everyone's paired since we're voting. Why am I the leading wagon, and I guess I need to get the PT pm from the mod.
Heart Shape
Heart Shape
Townie
Heart Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:51 am

Post by Heart Shape »

Who was left out/
Arrow Shape
Arrow Shape
Goon
Arrow Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:55 am

Post by Arrow Shape »

In post 847, Heart Shape wrote:Forgot about this game.

I assume everyone's paired since we're voting. Why am I the leading wagon, and I guess I need to get the PT pm from the mod.
Ugh, why would you forget about this game with 33 posts in it? It just sounds like a blatant lie.

Why would you even say that.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”