Micro 1035: Commandless Chain of Command [game over!]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:06 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1299, skitter30 wrote:i really don't know, i don't know why scum have made any of the choices they did this game tbh
I mean from an IV/Dwlee perspective I don't see what was weird about their plays at all.

But CC'ing you if that was our plan is about the simplest thing imaginable. I don't see how that could be our plan and we just abandon it immediately.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:25 pm

Post by skitter30 »

I mean like i get what you're saying and how it kinda makes sense from a mechanical standpoint but like it just doesnt fit into my reads at all

Maybe your plan was just to come into today and make a mechanical mess

I dont know
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:27 pm

If your idea of a mechanical mess is Dwlee has a high chance of confirming themself as scum then yeah I guess that could have been our plan.

How are you seeing that as most likely? I really don't get it.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:37 pm

Post by skitter30 »

How is dwlee confirming themself as scum again?

(Sorry i feel like i'm being really slow and and indecisive this week, i'm trying to sort this out and not miss anything and i know everyone is waiting for me but i'm kinda sick and not firing on all cylinders rn)

Like iv/dwlee just doesn't make sense to me, iv is trying to flip dwlee and is sus of him, and their two claims together just dont mesh and make sense as partners. They contradict each other and are picking too many arguments in the wrong places as scum. Iv is too suspicious and it just doesnt match the way dwlee is approaching the situation, and they dont make sense together in my mind. Like i just cant buy it

That makes iv town so i'm left with the three of you.
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:43 pm

Post by skitter30 »

Dwlee/darby is weird cuz dwlee has a mechanical guilty on darby and darby is trying to flip dwlee so like i guess possible but kinda bizarre ? Like idk more likely than iv/dwlee but bizarre nonetheless

Like darby is fakeclaiming nea (so i suppose this is the pr claim they were told abt), and dwlee is fakeclaiming tracker in such a way where they're apparently psychic in the exactly way where they clear a townie and have lockscummed their own partner and their partner has lockscummed them and its just bizarre i guess ? Like i guess in this universe they're trying to push you (as dwlee has you confscum) but darby isnt pushing you, he's pushing his own partner and just like why and like i guess he has to but its just ??? i dont get it
Show
Hiatus once more.

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:44 pm

Dwlee's result makes scum-IV/town-Dwlee impossible, since IV's N1 visit to you would have to be a roleblock but you weren't roleblocked.

If IV contradicted Dwlee's result, it would make town-IV/town-Dwlee impossible, obviously. This would guarantee Dwlee-scum.

If Dwlee is scum and not with IV, this was the massive risk they ran by guessing.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:45 pm

In post 1303, skitter30 wrote:They contradict each other
They literally don't, what are you even talking about? They corroborate each other.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:47 pm

Talking about the claims there, not the actions necessarily, idk if that's what you meant. But you said the claims don't mesh together when they absolutely do.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:48 pm

Like that's just confirmation bias... how on earth can you say that my/Dwlee's claims mesh but IV/Dwlee's don't? Dwlee literally backed up IV's action.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:50 pm

Post by skitter30 »

And you/dwlee dont really make sense either because why are you fakeclaiming each other

But neither of you really feel like you're pushing each other's flip, neither if you have a sense of urgency about getting flipped or not

And i guess also dwlee managed to create an exact universe where they confed a townie and have to push their own partner, but like you're not really trying to get dwlee flipped (you're mostly shading iv and inexplicably townreading darby) and dwlee isnt really trying to get you flipped either

--
And darby/ss tbh makes the most sense from a mechanical standpoint and is the least convoluted and also kinda makes everything fit together (ignoring the fact that i townread darby):
- dwlee is just telling the truth and did indeed see iv and isnt locking themself into a mechanical puzzle
- nea is a stupidly easy fakeclaim
- you're inexplicably townreading darby
- tbf i still dont know why you cc dwlee and not me but both your and darby's claims are sort of empty and not proveable

Ok i kinda talked myself back into ss/darby again
Show
Hiatus once more.

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:52 pm

In post 1309, skitter30 wrote:neither if you have a sense of urgency about getting flipped or not
w h a t

I have made over a hundred posts in five days, if that's not a sense of urgency then
what the hell is
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:52 pm

In post 1309, skitter30 wrote:- you're inexplicably townreading darby
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:52 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1303, skitter30 wrote:They contradict each other and are picking too many arguments in the wrong places as scum.
Maybe contradict is the wrong word but they dont have a unified story coming out of this for where scum is, and they keep clashing on nitty-gritty random unessential things in a way that i dont think scum would

I wasnt talking abt the literal actions/claim, i get that those corroborate each other
Show
Hiatus once more.

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:56 pm

In post 1312, skitter30 wrote:Maybe contradict is the wrong word but they dont have a unified story coming out of this for where scum is
But that's just distancing, because if they were both town, then they should both be pushing me/DArby. IV doesn't really seem to have been thinking critically about why Dwlee would or wouldn't try to guess his action.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:57 pm

Post by skitter30 »

Like my objections to iv/dwlee are playbased, not necessarily mechanics based

Darby/dwlee is just too convoluted ? Like they're both mechanically conf scum to each other and like its bizarre to me that they would choose such a play? And this also requires dwlee to be psychic

So either way i'm left with you being scum ...
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:58 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 948, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 930, Dwlee99 wrote:I tracked IV to skitter N1 and to no one on N2
? I’m pretty sure I visited skitter last night too LOL VOTE: dwlee
In post 950, innocentvillager wrote:there’s no way dwlee can get a no result in me if they’re tracker right?
In post 955, innocentvillager wrote:UNVOTE: Dwleeuhh I need to thjnk about this but I will probably revote
Bizarre on a partner
Show
Hiatus once more.

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:58 pm

We basically went from D1 right into lylo. Why would you expect your reads to be good?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:59 pm

In post 1315, skitter30 wrote:Bizarre on a partner
It's also bizarre from a townie!
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:02 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1316, Something_Smart wrote:We basically went from D1 right into lylo. Why would you expect your reads to be good?
I mean sure they're possibly trash and i could be tunneled but i can't make the solve make sense otherwise >.>

There's just too many small interactions between dwlee_iv today that look anti-associative to me
Show
Hiatus once more.

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:09 pm

I don't understand why arguing or disagreeing is anti-associative.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:31 pm

Post by skitter30 »

Spoiler:
In post 943, Dwlee99 wrote:I chose IV because multiple people thought the claim was suspicious/unlikely to be true. Based on the setup I knew that the roleblocker could give a fake non-kill night target so I targeted him again + he hammered the no lim before everyone checked in
In post 949, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 948, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 930, Dwlee99 wrote:I tracked IV to skitter N1 and to no one on N2
? I’m pretty sure I visited skitter last night too LOL VOTE: dwlee
wtf unvote me
In post 954, Dwlee99 wrote:dude unvote because if darby is here they just hammer. My result confirms you town
In post 968, Dwlee99 wrote:wait is it possible for iv to be scum with my result
In post 1003, Dwlee99 wrote:This is also part of why I opposed the iv lim btw, I figured I could guilty him if he wasn't actually a PR
In post 1004, Dwlee99 wrote:also how the fuck do you think I'd guess your n1 target unless I'm literally psychic
In post 1011, Dwlee99 wrote:And if I were scum I could have just said anyone else had no result unless I actually roleblocked you and was worried about a watcher (but that would still give a 1v1 so)
In post 1070, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 589, Dwlee99 wrote:Where were we

Okay since this is finally happening and the mind hack and worst wagons are boring

VOTE: IV

Claim please
In post 590, innocentvillager wrote:ah there’s the E1 (:

and no I’m not claiming rn wtf
In post 591, innocentvillager wrote:oh jeez we only have 3 days? Double wtf

okok fine if I don’t have anything good for you guys in ~48 hrs I’ll claim.
Like if I'm scum with him couldn't I have just gone "IV claim <blank>" when I E-1'd him instead of him stalling to "verify" with me?
In post 1174, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 1164, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 1159, Dwlee99 wrote:If we kill SS I'll tell you why it's darby and not me tomorrow
? well we might not kill SS today

i would rather have a good idea of what the solve is today
Well the other option is me and then the game is over so...

These feel anti-associative ro me
Show
Hiatus once more.

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:39 pm

I... I feel like it isn't that hard to come up with stuff like that as scum? Especially , how the hell is that anti-associative at all.

I feel like you're severely underselling their abilities. They are not newbies, and it is not exactly hard to play this day as scum. Dwlee can make up some BS justification for targeting IV. IV can express some doubt about Dwlee and Dwlee can respond reasonably to that.

You are familiar with distancing... I saw you with lilith in City that Never Sleeps. You two did
that
completely unprompted, this is nothing compared to that. And it's all just lip service anyway because they know your vote is the one that decides, so that frees them even more to do whatever.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:34 pm

Post by skitter30 »

What i liked is:
- dwlee figuring out the implications in real time (i.e. i didnt grt the sense that they had already thought thru the implications, like i imagined they would have if scum anc this was planned out)
- while dwlee was coming to the conclusiont that iv is town, iv is coming to the conclusion that dwlee is scum -> this is what i mean by uncoordinated, if they're partners with a corroborated story why do their conclusions feel so disjointed and unplanned?
- like 954 dwlee has to tell iv the implications of the result -> wouldnt that have been discussed already as scum?
- dwlee seemed to have been planning the use of their action since iv claimed, to which dwlee's reaction made you think they didnt know scum had a freeclaim. They cant be scum together and plotted the fakeclaim while dwlee didnt know they had a fakeclaim ...
- why did iv claim like that to begin ...

Like yeah the actions line up, sure. From your pov i can see why it.looks scummy. From my pov them both telling the truth seems like a reasonable conclusion, and there's several small details pointing tothem haveing *not* worked on corroborating the story

Like i understand distancing, but if the story was corroborated the pieces would fit together more, and the overall picture would be more clean and less jagged imo
Show
Hiatus once more.

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:04 pm

In post 1322, skitter30 wrote:- dwlee figuring out the implications in real time (i.e. i didnt grt the sense that they had already thought thru the implications, like i imagined they would have if scum anc this was planned out)
I figured some things out in real time as well... and DArby didn't really figure them out at all. Surely this counts against a me/DArby team at least as much as it counts against Dwlee being scum?
- while dwlee was coming to the conclusiont that iv is town, iv is coming to the conclusion that dwlee is scum -> this is what i mean by uncoordinated, if they're partners with a corroborated story why do their conclusions feel so disjointed and unplanned?
I mean, Dwlee
had
to come to the conclusion IV was town. Given that, it makes total sense to me why IV would not want to do likewise as that makes them look very heavily aligned. In my opinion, IV laid it on too thick and town-him actually should have been more trusting of Dwlee, but he was afraid of looking too aligned.
- like 954 dwlee has to tell iv the implications of the result -> wouldnt that have been discussed already as scum?
isn't necessarily Dwlee explaining anything to IV... it's not like IV would never have made the vote he did if he knew that. It's just Dwlee explaining why that vote is bad from Dwlee's POV, which doesn't seem that hard to fake to me?
- dwlee seemed to have been planning the use of their action since iv claimed, to which dwlee's reaction made you think they didnt know scum had a freeclaim. They cant be scum together and plotted the fakeclaim while dwlee didnt know they had a fakeclaim ...
Well obviously I misjudged whether that was a fake townslip. I really should have realized the caveat about them both being scum, because as I said it makes sense for Dwlee to fake-shade IV for the wrong reason (to distance from the real reason which is that IV was deliberately stalling, something he admitted to by the way!).
- why did iv claim like that to begin ...
Either to discuss with Dwlee if the doctor claim was actually wise, or to see if the wagon would go away on its own. He admitted the latter was true, at least, in .
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #1324 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:15 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

I've already said this but if I was scum with IV and E-1ing him I could have (and would have) told him what to claim
I prefer they, thanks :)

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”