Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #7450 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:59 pm

Post by Jingle »

Have you ever realized that RH9's name isn't "Not a Hectic Alt"?

:o
This is a Parachute.
Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7451 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:14 pm

Post by Alyssa The Lamb »

ngl

I think if the tunneled 1v1 between GL and me wasn't stopped almost immediately, that also might have been gamelosing in the long run
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #7452 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:19 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Gl/dats thread best thread
Beat quotable parts of pts I’m seeing

Pooky 100% right
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #7453 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:22 pm

Post by RH9 »

I just read the PT of Titus/STD.
GTKAS: 2022, 2024

v/la every weekend

indefinite hiatus from mafia solo
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7454 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:26 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 7453, RH9 wrote:I just read the PT of Titus/STD.
It was very interesting.

v/la every weekend

GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7455 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:46 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

ok I'm back for slightly more postgame thoughts

first off Pooky thanks for modding and hosting I had so much fun and it was a really well run game, everything on schedule, prompt replacements, you did a great job I really appreciate it thank you :)

man this was a wild game

I think all the scum played really well and in a weird way some of the pivotal lims like marci to start it off and S_S at 8p were in part due to people wrongly tunneling their town partners which like, I don't even know how you play around that as scum lol, which makes it hard to feel like town outplayed scum at the end of the day but lots of fortunate moments lead to this. but yeah each scum had me townreading them at times and maaaan it was hard to ever feel good about anything this game, just a lot of strong performances undone by some bad luck at key moments. one of those weird games where everyone had a mix of correct townreads and scumreads and incorrect ones elsewhere and we never blocked totally cohesively but yet managed to create a difficult gamestate for scum to control

Fire you were a champ man you had the best reads of all of us, you were also my true breath of sanity in this game. Datisi was like along with me for the ride with me in the madness but you were always like the calm sage giving off the needed chill vibes like "no worries we got this", I think the main reason I didn't want Andante limmed was cause I didn't want you out of the game

Alyssa I feel I learned a lot from your perspectives this game you have a very unique and cool way of playing the game

RH9 you were so fun and I feel bad I spent so much of the game scumreading you, in a weird way your presence in the game kinda kept me grounded in a way cause it was always entertaining to see what you were up to - and you were on the ball lategame pressuring Smart, defending me, like I think you played a low key really important role in 8p shaking out the way it did

Taly, great job playing through starting in the least desirable position and you came through in the clutch, well done man. I feel I didn't engage with you as much as I should have since I knew your alignment the whole time, but you contributed such a fun vibe to the thread especially when things felt rough or difficult

HQ/Shiro I'm so sorry for yeeting your pair, I had moments of townreading each of you individually but I just couldn't get over why you were such a united front, end of the day that misread is on me and I know it probably felt super unfair at the time since Datisi/I basically had the same kinda united front goin on on our end.

Titus was super obvtown and really held a lot of the town together in the first dance - I do wanna see you eat that hat though ;P

LLD/catboi/Prism/Cabd/Mala - wish y'all could have stayed in the game longer, I remember at one point in like page 200 or whatever I was rereading catboi's ISO and feeling like it was a totally different game when you all were still in it lol. I'm not sure what the OOG spoiler was that lead to the initial replace outs but I guess Cabd had to replace out even though he was informed because him
not
replacing out would have given away that he was informed? thanks for protecting the integrity of the game man that's so important even though it sucks to leave games we wanted to play. catboi in particular I would love to play with ya again sometime soon, I've read some of your other games but never played with you but I feel like I always enjoy reading your perspective in games and this was no exception

Galron I felt so proud of myself for reading you correctly as scum and as town in our last two games together and then I just totally whiffed on you on this one, I hope future games I'll get it right I feel bad how often I called you obvscum in my PT lmao

STD always a delight to play with!! a lot of your posts made me laugh this game, 4151 probably my favorite, and you and Titus both were a really effective pair here I think this game would have been like a million times easier if you two hadn't been the ones NK'd

N_M with the perfect voting record this game, town MVP probably tbh

Datisi you know how I feel :]
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7456 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:49 pm

In post 7455, GuiltyLion wrote:Alyssa I feel I learned a lot from your perspectives this game you have a very unique and cool way of playing the game
I think if the game had gone really differently, we would've had a 3-man townblock instead of a 2-man townblock in the thread

just getting rid of that TTvTT deathtunneling did an insane amount of good for the game and that by itself is probably how I eventually managed to correctly identify the two TvS pairings at 8p
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7457 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:50 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

S_S in particular I wanna give a shoutout on the scumteam, totally turned his slot around from a difficult spot to replace into, he totally snowed me and it's not the first time he's done that but maaaan I even had my guard up this time and he still did it, well played and gosh it must have been rough to go down like that at the final hour, I think if Datisi/I were limmed instead you very likely could have won
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7458 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:52 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

yeah I really feel like you (Alyssa), RH9, Taly, Datisi deserve the lion's (heh!) share of the credit for that swing of the game at 8p, I didn't do anything but just kinda wrongly tunnel Galron which somehow worked out in our favor lol
Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7459 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:52 pm

In post 7457, GuiltyLion wrote:S_S in particular I wanna give a shoutout on the scumteam, totally turned his slot around from a difficult spot to replace into, he totally snowed me and it's not the first time he's done that but maaaan I even had my guard up this time and he still did it, well played and gosh it must have been rough to go down like that at the final hour, I think if Datisi/I were limmed instead you very likely could have won
I'm actually not as certain

I think I would've always pushed for SS/Galron to die after your pairing at a certain point and I'm pretty sure I could've gotten Taly to support that

the only problem is that it's at a point where we need the town player to leave unless it's exactly a SvS pairing, and that entirely depends on how S_S handled the pressure to leave I think
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #7460 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:55 pm

Post by Prism »

I have had many agonizing replace-outs but this is the one that broke me.

I am sorry that I could not see it through to the end.
Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7461 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:56 pm

you wanted to play through the shithole that was this game?

you are the truest of masochists
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #7462 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:03 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 7457, GuiltyLion wrote:S_S in particular I wanna give a shoutout on the scumteam, totally turned his slot around from a difficult spot to replace into, he totally snowed me and it's not the first time he's done that but maaaan I even had my guard up this time and he still did it, well played and gosh it must have been rough to go down like that at the final hour, I think if Datisi/I were limmed instead you very likely could have won
<3

I realized that I really don't like dance games during this game. I know they're a big cultural thing on the site, and they usually have fire playerlists (as this one did), but man, they do not match my strengths as a player at all. It hurt so much to see Norwee and Galron get suspected and there really wasn't much we could do about it. It was basically impossible for me to predict how people were going to act; as Pooky illustrated I thought we had no need to hammer you (and yes, Ydrasse was available to do so) and I failed to predict basically every read reversal and kept making plans that turned out awfully as a result. (Also, I always used to get annoyed when people impulsively left, only to realize this time how much more painful it is if nobody wants to leave.)

Despite that, I did have fun, though I was enormously stressed for a lot of it. Thanks for modding Pooky.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7463 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:06 pm

you played a really strong game, definitely one to be proud of tbh

just kinda unlucky that it was borderline impossible to vote off any pairings all game
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #7464 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:06 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 7463, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:you played a really strong game, definitely one to be proud of tbh
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #7465 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:09 pm

Post by Firebringer »

So much this, SS went from like one of my "lets leave this person out of dance because i have no read and is probably scum" to "ohh shit SS can't be scum this amount of effort an analysis couldn't be scum SS". If you kept up that same energy level u had pre intermission, u def would have carried to end but u totally lost all motivation it seemed like that is the biggest criticism.

Also u had a few changes of yeeting town if u just took it and I think u should have. Would have been a very diff game if you voted out Dats/GL when they were at E-1
Show

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #7466 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:10 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

It is incredibly hard to keep up scum motivation when the thread is 90% 2 TT pairs death-tunneling each other
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #7467 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:10 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 7449, Not a Hectic Alt wrote:
In post 7446, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 7445, Galron wrote:I have a pet theory that RH9 is hectic playing some sort of long game. Like in about six months RH9 is going to pop out of a phone both as Mario. Ta Da!
You might be right

his avatar actually kinda looks like Hectic irl.
hello
Now we just need Totus.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #7468 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:11 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 7455, GuiltyLion wrote:Titus was super obvtown and really held a lot of the town together in the first dance - I do wanna see you eat that hat though ;P
Find me a video service. Recording will happen Sunday.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #7469 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:12 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 7465, Firebringer wrote:If you kept up that same energy level u had pre intermission, u def would have carried to end but u totally lost all motivation it seemed like that is the biggest criticism.
It was a combination of unfortunate timing (New Year's weekend having been pretty busy for me) and having to tread very lightly around Nancy that kept me from doing this, I think. If I did a big wall and ended with "...and therefore Shiro has a greater than 1% chance of being scum", I'm not sure that would have worked in my favor.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7470 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:12 pm

In post 7466, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:It is incredibly hard to keep up
scum
motivation when the thread is 90% 2 TT pairs death-tunneling each other
fixed
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #7471 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:13 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

I think if you just hammered for thread health or to "move the game forward" it would've been fine

there were plenty of townies on both wagons.

Hammering townies is like ripping off a band-aid.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #7472 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:14 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 7466, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:It is incredibly hard to keep up scum motivation when the thread is 90% 2 TT pairs death-tunneling each other
it is really, playing that long scum game with that same energy is so much more exhausting on a scum player. I know it, ur constantly going "what do i even say at this point. no one suspecting me, town is blowing up at each other. If i keep posting i worry if i say anything it will turn around on me" and when SS was starting to get more involved again thats kind of what was happening to him.

Like there is a good saying of "don't interrupt ur opponent when they are making a mistake" but also SS could/should have capitilized on mistakes to push forward his end-goal objective of pairings to win i think. If you play middle ground too long in the T/T death match ur just asking for them to turn it back on u if it gets resolved
Show

RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7473 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:25 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 7455, GuiltyLion wrote: RH9 you were so fun and I feel bad I spent so much of the game scumreading you, in a weird way your presence in the game kinda kept me grounded in a way cause it was always entertaining to see what you were up to - and you were on the ball lategame pressuring Smart, defending me, like I think you played a low key really important role in 8p shaking out the way it did
Thanks, GL. To be honest, my read on you was like the weather. It started with Town, then Scum, then Null, then back to Town.

v/la every weekend

RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7474 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:29 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 7462, Something_Smart wrote:
<3

I realized that I really don't like dance games during this game. I know they're a big cultural thing on the site, and they usually have fire playerlists (as this one did), but man, they do not match my strengths as a player at all. It hurt so much to see Norwee and Galron get suspected and there really wasn't much we could do about it. It was basically impossible for me to predict how people were going to act; as Pooky illustrated I thought we had no need to hammer you (and yes, Ydrasse was available to do so) and I failed to predict basically every read reversal and kept making plans that turned out awfully as a result. (Also, I always used to get annoyed when people impulsively left, only to realize this time how much more painful it is if nobody wants to leave.)

Despite that, I did have fun, though I was enormously stressed for a lot of it. Thanks for modding Pooky.
I thought that you were almost perfect. I didn't realise that you were stressed. What was your plan, anyways?

v/la every weekend

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”