Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4000 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:26 am

Post by Tejate Raichu »

GL, all I have to say is, if you're scum, you're doing a good job. No, maybe that doesn't quite encapsulate how I feel about the possibility of you being scum.

GL, if you are scum this game, you are a fucking menace. And well played in that case.

I'll read over day 1 some more and try to think about how I really feel about the both of you (GL/Ceph). It's difficult for me to see you as not town here, but I have the sneaking suspicion that the scumgame of someone who has been here for 7 years might be slightly okay. Just a little decent.
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4001 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:47 am

Post by Shirou »

Okay back, to sum up why I think by dayplay GL is probably a bit more likely to come from scum compared to Ceph when looked at a vacuum, is because it seems hm...a bit too safe considering the flips?

He suspected redtea from the start, voted NQ as soon as it seemed like the "correct play" to do, etc. Look at fua for example that is confirmed town right now, they hesitated a lot, they changed their mind a lot through the days/weeks, and similarly that also applies to some level on Tejate.

However GL play here is kinda like hmm...a perfect cube?

All the proportions feel right. It's hard to point anything wrong with it, and that's kinda exactly the problem to me...

You see, normally people that just pick a pen and try to draw, don't get a perfect or remotely perfect cube like that. They need to intentionally be calculating stuff to achieve that.

GL here gives me the vibe he has consciously choose course of actions that would give him a good image in the end of this game, and it's also how me and a lot other people play scum.

I did read Implosion as town for doing the exact opposite thing as well; Openly defending redtea like that, even if they were town (and especially if they were scum), is simply BAD. Scum like to play safe most of the time, and GL's play has been safe all around. Even fua that is one of the towniest players alive at the moment, or Tejate, has a lot of things you can delve deeper into in their ISO to create a scum case/narrative, but that's not very much the case with GL.

It's smooth and safe, picturesque even, but it's actually rather rare to look at a townie's ISO and not see some dubious stuff. When scum!GL played against me in my first newbie, I clearly remember it being exactly like this: His play was clean, to the point it was
too clean

However, I also do feel like he has hesitated about stuff and reconsidered here more than back in my newbie, and also that game is ancient by this point. It's just my view on GL as a whole I think, the more superficially scummy he sounds, the more I probably would town read him, and the more superficially town in all aspects he sounds, the more I suspect him. I simply have that high standard for his scum game and I don't see why I should change it based on what I've seen from him.

Hmm, but either way, that's in a vacuum, and also Ceph has been just as scummy all things considered since they have...dunno, by dayplay kinda seemed like just completely disinterested on this game for the longest time, and from the night actions, it also seems to point to him.

Therefore I think it's just Ceph at the moment...?

/shrug

I'm fine losing to GL by this point I guess.
いつだってヒーロー。

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
~Firebringer on town!Shirou
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
~town!Norwee jokes about scum!Shirou's actual plan
(Aka Volpe14)
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4002 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:50 am

Post by fua »

In post 4000, Tejate Raichu wrote:GL, all I have to say is, if you're scum, you're doing a good job. No, maybe that doesn't quite encapsulate how I feel about the possibility of you being scum.

GL, if you are scum this game, you are a fucking menace. And well played in that case.

I'll read over day 1 some more and try to think about how I really feel about the both of you (GL/Ceph). It's difficult for me to see you as not town here, but I have the sneaking suspicion that the scumgame of someone who has been here for 7 years might be slightly okay. Just a little decent.
I mean, if you want to go by that logic, Ceph has been here for over double that.
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4003 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:53 am

Post by Shirou »

Basically I don't think GL is necessarily scum as much as I think he shouldn't be town read by the reasons Tejate for example is using...but I'm also no expert on GL to make some sort of guide about what is alignment indicative or not on him.

Well either way, by voting Ceph I've already bet all my chips there, so...maybe should save this discussion for postgame kkkk?
いつだってヒーロー。

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
(Aka Volpe14)
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4004 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:58 am

Post by Tejate Raichu »

I mean, Shirou, you kind of have to vote for Ceph followed by GL regardless of your alignment. Unless you think fua is a gamethrowing town and got a fake inno on me, from town!you's perspective those are the only real elims to go with. Same kinda goes for GL and Ceph. GL has to believe that the scum resides between you and Ceph, and Ceph has to believe that scum resides between you and GL. Which is why... don't take this as me trying to be mean, but if I'm valuing anyone's opinion on the matter today it's fua. Those of you in the pool kind of have to already be assuming you know which 2 people scum is within. fua and myself do not.

That being said, I do still want to hear GL's piece and consider who I probably wouldn't want to vote between GL/Ceph.

Also, I'm not committing to a GL townread yet. I'm almost kind of doing what implosion tried with GL earlier in the game, I'm kinda trying to force myself to look at their game in a scummy light.
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4005 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:03 am

Post by Shirou »

If Ceph is town I feel a bit guilty about being the one to introduce paranoia about fua, which ended up influencing Tejate to recommend checking fua even on a NQ scum flip, but ultimately I still don't think I should be held totally accountable for that because when I talked about a cop check on fua, I was always talking about a scenario where NQ flipped town.

I always recommended checking either me or GL in a scum flip on NQ, and if that had been the case we probably would have automatically won this, but still...I don't feel like this situation is solely due to my actions. I did introduce paranoia about fua...but it ended up being more effective than what I actually wanted to accomplish (people becoming aware of the fact fua feels so competent that it's not impossible they would be scum here if NQ was town, in my opinion, and in fact I would have kinda known that due to PoE if NQ had flipped town).

I was working on a possible scenario where I would need to fight fua, to not seem like I suddenly had to get suspicious of their slot out of desperation in the final day, but if Ceph is town I may have ended up influencing the consensus so much about fua that it ended up backfiring really badly...?

Honestly it's kinda funny that if GL is scum, we almost caught him twice already with night actions.

p-edit: I know, but what am I supposed to do other than talk about what I think of the game? Maybe not you, but maybe fua by a miracle could see that I may be town if we get Ceph wrong.

I'm almost finishing my rants for today though, dunno if I have anything else to say.
いつだってヒーロー。

(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4006 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:05 am

Post by Shirou »

To be honest it's just that I want to talk about my thoughts on the game naturally, even if it's kinda meaningless.

Who cares if it's useful or not by this point. I've thoughts about it and am unloading them right now?

But hm, maybe I'll try to tone down on activity if that's what everyone thinks I should do.
いつだってヒーロー。

(Aka Volpe14)
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4007 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:06 am

Post by Tejate Raichu »

I didn't say don't give your thoughts.
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4008 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:09 am

Post by Tejate Raichu »

I was more pointing out who you want elim'd on its own doesn't really hold much weight, since all 3 of you should always pretty much want to elim those 2 people no matter what.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4009 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:09 am

Post by catboi »

Vote Count 6.01

Cephrir (2):
Shirou, fua
Shirou (1):
Tejate Raichu

Not Voting (2):
Cephrir, GuiltyLion

With 5 alive, it's 3 to eliminate.

Deadline for Day 6 is March 1 at 10:00 AM EST.

Deadline Timer:
(expired on 2022-03-01 11:00:00)
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4010 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:10 am

Post by fua »

Eh. I think you’re fine, Shirou. I still value your opinion.

Anyway. If Ceph does somehow flip town I guess me or Tejate will be the decision maker tomorrow? So… that’s something.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4011 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:10 am

Post by fua »

Is that a Chainsaw Man reference???

Based.
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4012 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:12 am

Post by Tejate Raichu »

That's correct, yep. One of has got to die, and any other kill pretty much strictly helps town.

If I end up making it to LiLo, could you say hi to Amazonian for me? Even though they can see this thread?
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4013 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:13 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 4008, Tejate Raichu wrote:I was more pointing out who you want elim'd on its own doesn't really hold much weight, since all 3 of you should always pretty much want to elim those 2 people no matter what.
Ah, I see. That's true.

By the way unrelated but...catboi, I've newfound admiration for you. Those are some really good chainsaw man fanart in the votecounts.

I wonder when the anime starts airing...I remember it's at some point this year but dunno when.

p-edit: yep fua, very based.
いつだってヒーロー。

(Aka Volpe14)
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4014 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:17 am

Post by Tejate Raichu »

Well, I myself haven't come to a decision yet, but I figure now's a good a time as any to ask. fua, if you don't survive the night and I am the decision maker at LiLo assuming we flip town!Ceph today, who would you be most likely to scream at me from dead thread to vote?
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4015 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:18 am

Post by Shirou »

kkkkk

that feels like a really pointless question Tejate...but hmmm, let's see what fua replies I guess, since they were the one you asked this to.
いつだってヒーロー。

(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4016 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:18 am

Post by Shirou »

Unless you mean who between Ceph/GL would fua be "screaming" at you for from dead thread in case I get limmed today. That's an interesting question, although it's probably just answered by who they are voting today.
いつだってヒーロー。

(Aka Volpe14)
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4017 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:19 am

Post by fua »

In post 4014, Tejate Raichu wrote:Well, I myself haven't come to a decision yet, but I figure now's a good a time as any to ask. fua, if you don't survive the night and I am the decision maker at LiLo assuming we flip town!Ceph today, who would you be most likely to scream at me from dead thread to vote?
Shirou because I would feel better about losing to GL than letting scum Shirou win after everything that's happened.
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4018 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:19 am

Post by Tejate Raichu »

I know town can be wildly wrong, but I do want fua's input on this since I know now for sure that they're town. And to be clear I meant between the remaining pool of Shirou/GL.

And, fair enough I suppose.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4019 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:21 am

Post by fua »

Although it's not 100% and I would rather let you choose than anything else.
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4020 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:21 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 4017, fua wrote:
In post 4014, Tejate Raichu wrote:Well, I myself haven't come to a decision yet, but I figure now's a good a time as any to ask. fua, if you don't survive the night and I am the decision maker at LiLo assuming we flip town!Ceph today, who would you be most likely to scream at me from dead thread to vote?
Shirou because I would feel better about losing to GL than letting scum Shirou win after everything that's happened.
can't say that's the wrong mindset to have

If I was on your shoes and didn't know my meta I would do/say the same

いつだってヒーロー。

(Aka Volpe14)
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4021 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:22 am

Post by Tejate Raichu »

Okay, just one more question. If we flipped Shirou today, he flips town. Who are you leaning towards? Still Ceph?
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4022 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:23 am

Post by Tejate Raichu »

In post 4019, fua wrote:Although it's not 100% and I would rather let you choose than anything else.
I know, but man LiLo is stressful. My worst fear is that I survive to it and get all the flak if we lose.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4023 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:24 am

Post by fua »

Still Ceph. I think GL has had a really good game if he is scum but NQ flipping scum and Ceph not checking GL or Shirou after makes little sense if he's town.
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4024 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:25 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 4022, Tejate Raichu wrote:
In post 4019, fua wrote:Although it's not 100% and I would rather let you choose than anything else.
I know, but man LiLo is stressful. My worst fear is that I survive to it and get all the flak if we lose.
As long as you vote me NO ONE in this game can blame you if GL is the final scum...

oh no...

DID I JUST GIVE AWAY THE KEY TO NOT BEING BLAMED EVEN IF WE LOSE BY THAT COURSE OF ACTION?

いつだってヒーロー。

(Aka Volpe14)

Return to “Completed Open Games”