Open 843 - Divide & Conquer - Game Over!

Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1650 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:56 pm

Post by Prism »

The first post of my Notes PT also has me discussing exactly how I expect to get townread by every slot. I did not wind up using them all, but you may find it valuable anyway.

I was satisfied that my idea on notscience would have worked, my idea on Lukewarm
did
work. I believe my adaptation for Dragons, who had recently seen a scumgame of mine but hadn't seen too much town, worked as well but am not certain. I don't know as much for Dwlee/Dunnstral, obviously I did not successfully adapt to esther and with Kuriyama I settled for a very close metamatch rather than anything artistic.

While not listed, I saw a chance earlygame to get townread by Firebringer with the tilt and took it. From there, if I had to guess I think Norwegian's bias I listed probably carried it.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1651 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:58 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Will never townread you again.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1652 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:59 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

He’s an Sith lord, too dangerous to be left alive!
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1653 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:00 pm

Post by Prism »

oh and jesus christ we (me) were such indecisive motherfuckers when it came to blitz/no blitz

IV coming out with the wall was super clutch but left me going ?_?

I actually tried to take advantage of going in 6, if you look back I make an argument to Dunnstral of "don't have the votes [for 3]", only to have the Dragons swaparound slam the door in my face. I wanted to SCREAM
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1654 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:04 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

You earned this one, i’ll give you that.
Kuruyama was so pocketed by you i just didn’t want to bother going up against either. Even though i did want to hard defend Todoroki further i knew that attacking you both would just cause whichever of you were town to hard scumread our slots and make the game more of an bloated mess. It also made it easy for you to blend in when slots that i literally never read as town (Dunnstral/STD) kept their activity or content-level low.

- Bunno
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1655 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:05 pm

Post by Pavowski »

Prism, I've redacted your PT and will give you the night to consider any additional redactions. The rest of the PTs should now be public and will be added to the front page for the game.

In retrospect, choosing a game with all these hoods as my first was maybe not the cleverest move. I was very stressed I was going to cross-post something and bork everything :lol:

Links
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1656 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:05 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Oh and Dwlee too did nothing day 1, although improved later.

- Bunno
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1657 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:06 pm

Post by Prism »

12 in the dead thread was not true, really, though the timing worked out well for me because that would have been a pain to deal with even if not fatal.

I made an unforced error with notscience where he completely misinterpreted the point of my posts, first I had accounted for second was unexpected. That definitely factored in a bit but I really just thought it would be more fun to shove through.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1658 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:08 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 1655, Pavowski wrote:Prism, I've redacted your PT and will give you the night to consider any additional redactions.
You can release it now. I am certain I need no further.
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1659 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:14 pm

Post by Pavowski »

In post 1658, Prism wrote:
In post 1655, Pavowski wrote:Prism, I've redacted your PT and will give you the night to consider any additional redactions.
You can release it now. I am certain I need no further.
Your wish is granted.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1660 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:14 pm

Post by Prism »

1552's description of how I would have approached notscience if I wanted him to townread me was accurate. I didn't mind burning it here without using it.

I just had free choice of several good options and didn't particularly care about scumreading the first post, because I wanted the "go down the list to get people engaged [after discussion with Brighter]" point for use later, second post he keyed in on was IMO a complete misread and unexpected but if it works it works. Beyond that, after a certain point obviously did not mind the slot having me as scum nor try much to hide it. I suspected it would still be a struggle for them but apparently not!
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1661 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:16 pm

Post by Prism »

With that I ~think~ I'm done for my general comments. I'm happy to dialogue with anything someone finds of interest.

Thanks for the kind comments, everyone, and while I am definitely burnt out and done playing I am glad I got a chance to flip scum and push it through.

Time for a very, very long break.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1662 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:28 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 1654, NorwegianboyEE wrote:It also made it easy for you to blend in when slots that i literally never read as town (Dunnstral/STD) kept their activity or content-level low.
Though they have their strengths (see: difficulty of prediction/keeping under control in 3 way being my main obstacles), their styles are perpetual thorns in my side as town, so I was very happy for the chance to be on the flip side and exploit them as scum.

As I say in my notes PTs, I think their styles really backfired when it came to what actually mattered: Seeing through to the other as town in 3 way, because they only had 2 or 3 key points to work with.

1552 touches on the anathema/unpredictability point, but there's a piece I left out that I think exists only as an off-handed shard in the notes PT. While it was tough for me to predict where any
single
player would go, it was easy to see and bet on a plurality of them going somewhere in aggregate (Prime example being that more players would townread my Day 1 than scumread it. Who specifically those players would be? Didn't know, didn't care)
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1663 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:29 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 1661, Prism wrote:With that I ~think~ I'm done for my general comments. I'm happy to dialogue with anything someone finds of interest.

Thanks for the kind comments, everyone, and while I am definitely burnt out and done playing I am glad I got a chance to flip scum and push it through.

Time for a very, very long break.
happy trails friend, you've earned it
free crypto
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1664 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:40 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 586, Todoroki wrote:
In post 570, Kuriyama wrote:fairly sure we are going small hood tomm

do you still strongly prefer Esther?
I still think so.

Killing in small hood tomorrow is always right (which is why I said Kell prism before Elo, not to kill her tomorrow)
It was funny watching prism try to summertime our reads, and not say that she was both heads strongest scum read, and not get called out for it.

I literally said she was the person I would kill the next day if not for mechanics lol
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1665 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:42 pm

Post by Prism »

You very much hedged your read on me by specifying "before Elo", unfortunately, so that was your fault. If you had gotten to post your case things might have been more difficult, but I likely would have welcomed it as the #1 issue in my mind was being too town.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1666 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:44 pm

Post by Prism »

(I think in conjunction with esther's play Day 2, though, it was very conceivable that it would combine to put me under threat in 5)
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1667 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:45 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1665, Prism wrote:You very much hedged your read on me by specifying "before Elo", unfortunately, so that was your fault. If you had gotten to post your case things might have been more difficult, but I likely would have welcomed it as the #1 issue in my mind was being too town.
I typed up a response to dunns post asking "why prism" that was more direct, but I took too long and when I hit send, the thread was locked :(
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1668 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:46 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

I wanted to say "kill her tomorrow" but I thought killing in the small hood once one kill had happened there was smart.

The before Elo was not because of the read, but because of the mech of the set up
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1669 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:48 pm

Post by Prism »

I will cede a moral victory to yourself and notscience on whatever grounds or strength of read you had.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1670 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:50 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

We were synched on you being scum at the moment kuru asked who we wanted in the 6. But I dodged because Notty said he wanted to go back over your iso before we picked a fight with you, because a fight with you would not be easy. so I delayed answering.

But then your initial push happened, and it felt real to me. You commented on my "spiral of point less questions" which was me trying to get a feel for you in the situation, might not help anyone else but that is what I was doing there.

But the next day, it felt less real. So we were back to synched on you being scum.

The timing of this game really hurt us I think. Just neither one of us had time to try and take you on until suddenly we were dead :(
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1671 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:51 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Strenght of read don’t matter much in mafia, it’s convincing others you are right.

- Bunno
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1672 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:57 pm

Post by Prism »

I am again very willing to cede any claim to reading me, either specifically this game or broadly across the site. I am proud of yourself and notscience for nailing me as scum in a game where I forced an elimination on both of you for fun rather than for any tangible strategic reason. I did think that you would townread the metamatch/tone at the end, and clearly that was not the case, so congratulations on exceeding my expectations.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1673 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:01 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

I mean, I played horribly this game, but thanks !

Lol
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1674 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:02 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I had the most fun memeing with Fire tbh.

- Bunno

Return to “Completed Open Games”