Open 843 - Divide & Conquer - Game Over!

Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1625 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:57 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

stop whining that i'm not playing how you want me to play and accept that we're different here
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1626 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:01 am

Post by Prism »

I'm not getting further into the gutter with you.

Renew your efforts to convince Dunnstral I am scum or vote Dunnstral.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1627 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:01 am

In post 291, innocentvillager wrote:oh cool prism is town
it's impossible to tell what this is referring to :S
In post 295, innocentvillager wrote:VOTE: dunnstral
votes dunnstral shortly after this post
In post 290, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 251, mc esther wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: todoroki

i'll have like, an actual post in a bit. maybe. didnt realize i let this game slip so far, it was a bit of a rapid-fire blur for me when i dipped out but it seems to've calmed down now. prism's posts will be, uh, interesting; i obviously dont (cant!) really agree with some of it, but i appreciate that the posts are closer to my "language" than puppy's (like, less shitposty, more deconstructive-analytical).
Why do you think it is Todoroki over IV?
it actually looks more like a reflex to being scumread by a town dunnstral than a distancing but it could be either
In post 297, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 285, Prism wrote:I realized something horrible while out running.

It's not just that I'm waiting for notscience to post so I can sort him, or that the game would be better with full participation

I
need
notscience. I need him to show up, to say something I disagree with, to condescend to him in my corrections, to treat him like an errant teenager even though he is the same age.

Without all of it I am empty, aimless, a hollow shell devoid of purpose.
what's your dynamic with NS/why do you need him here to sort him in particular?
i think scum!IV asks this to look busy
In post 301, innocentvillager wrote:{
dwlee
fire
prism
}
{std,
kuriyama
?}
{
todoroki
}
{
rest
}
i'm still torn whether he elevates his partner to the top or puts his partner down on the bottom
In post 302, innocentvillager wrote:oh wow wait rest is literally just dunnstral and esther, i forget how small these games are

huh

well ive solved the game :3
this looks like bus but he was probably always getting bussed d2 so maybe it's not. god i'm so hedgy.
In post 340, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 307, mc esther wrote:
In post 296, innocentvillager wrote:also idgaf about the group of 6/3 thing rly rn, i loosely prefer g3 because im in it but i don't want to get caught up in it anymore
In post 295, innocentvillager wrote:VOTE: dunnstral
In post 302, innocentvillager wrote:oh wow wait rest is literally just dunnstral and esther, i forget how small these games are

huh

well ive solved the game :3
so, what's the deal here? because, like, im the player in the 3-group and the player with a wagon on me, so if you believe me/dunn is the most likely solve, arent i the vote? i guess you could be going for the autowin if youre not so sure on todoroki vs. me, but
In post 88, innocentvillager wrote:i get that killing the scum in the group of 6 is autowin but i feel it's just so unlikely
idk lol
ok boss VOTE: mc Esther
gets off of dunnstral
In post 778, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 649, Dunnstral wrote:I'm leaning IV as scum but can see it being mc esther as well.

I'm thinking Dwlee of Save the Dragons in the big hood
why?
this looks like a genuine question
In post 781, innocentvillager wrote:gth here's where im at

{
puppy
} - approaching obvtown tonally/energy and doesn't endgame anyway. kill with fire before elo but there's no value added for me here saying this.
{
prism
} - Prism's confident bloodthirst for Todoroki yesterday was weird and putting him back at E1 was bad too. Yes it wasn't actually E1 but he thought it was functionally. im not gonna pretend to know prism meta inside and out but meta-wise everything else the slot has done seems tonally townie though. im not as confident here as puppy and it feels more likely he was just tunneled on todo.
{
dwlee
} - still don't think scum!dwlee BoPs themselves early on me for no reason but i have zero opinion on anything else they've done
{
dunnstral
, std} - i guess it's in this tier? neither player has done much but STD went for the kill immediately when we had plenty of time left but I almost don't think scum do nothing all game and then quickhammer for lols. It's possible though. Dunnstral has done nothing all game but shade me once which is just null for him - ive seen him do this as town and scum too.
shades prism but puts prism at the top, tries to lead people to the dunnstral/std tier. but again is the plan always for IV to die today? so where does he put his partner? i'd probably say close to the middle to try to hide them
In post 790, innocentvillager wrote:uh lol it's fine, i do that too :lol:

your posting confused me a lot for a second but whatever
In post 608, mc esther wrote:obviously i dont have much on innocentvillager and dont really expect to survive the day. imma iso him later (phoneposting at a friend's rn), i mentioned my main questionmark over him yesterday (although tbh on reflection im not actually sure how much i stand by it, again, gonna need a reread). i also felt that his concern over e-1 seemed really fake, i didnt mention that second point at the time, mostly because i was sick of being told i was hedging.

VOTE: innocentvillager
In post 788, Prism wrote:Still not sure I buy the point. Town absolutely starts from a place of demoralization only to catch inspired fire.
are you saying im scum here...?

for your point like maybe? i mean fmpov that's just not what happened lol but idk i don't think it happens that drastically and quickly. even objectively i would just say more likely it's some sort of subconscious AtE to curry favor but wtf do i know. i just came in ready to fight from the get go and my opponent starts out by basically admitting defeat before spamming 3 pages so the approach just doesn't make sense to me.
this looks like a genuine defense to me so prism could have started the bus here or is just correct
In post 838, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 804, Prism wrote:You have a habit of using two hyphens instead of one.

The other player who does this, and has failed to change it across alts previously, is Morning Tweet.
In post 805, mc esther wrote:i literally /inned for morning tweet's game in theme queue
prism is town for completely botching esther's identity, lmao
this is a weird thing to say about your scum partner
In post 846, innocentvillager wrote:where is dunnstral?? i want to see what he has to say about me being the scum here.
could be distancing
In post 1027, innocentvillager wrote:prism is obvtown and anyone who thinks he’s scum at this point is just bad
this looks more like scum TMI than calling out a partner

gonna stop here for now at first i kinda leaned towards prism being the partner but i think later interactions point more to dunnstral.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1628 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:02 am

Post by Prism »

Cool, I'll take that, will evaluate after ~7p EST.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1629 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:38 am

Post by Prism »

Doing nothing today and not chasing you up and down the block, poking you with the spurs, is strictly winning as scum. I don't need people to vote at 48 or 36 hours. I can wait, post walls of content and overwhelm the game, and just wait the deadline out. This is not the case if I
actually have to choose a correct vote
. Today's prod specifically came after I saw you posting elsewhere.

I am scrutinizing and prodding you because I don't intend to hand the game to you for free if you are scum. There are no gymnastics, there are no deadends, there are no fancy words or circus tricks. I want real content and stances because I need it to sort. It is that simple.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1630 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:43 am

i'm done with this game

VOTE: Dunnstral

it's dunnstral and was probably always going to be dunnstral but i wanted to entertain the possibility it wasn't because i wanted to do my due diligence as town

it's amazing that you can post walls and read ISOs in ten fucking seconds but i can't it takes me an hour or so, so sometimes i'm going to post elsewhere because i have only 5 minutes

congrats prism i guess you win either way unless you do something stupid like vote me

maybe chill next time
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1631 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:47 am

Post by Prism »

VOTE: Dunnstral

Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1632 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:48 am

Post by Prism »

@Pavowski I will want to make some redactions to my Notes PT, so don't release immediately after all.

Will be around later to comment, have interview in 10 minutes
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1633 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:58 am

yeah i'm not going to feel bad about this
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1634 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:07 am

Post by Prism »

@Pavowski: My Notes PT redaction requests have been posted, and you may release the thread immediately afterwards.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1635 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:45 am

Post by Prism »

Spoiler: For Kuriyama only do not click
I'VE SPENT ALL YEAR WAITING FOR THIS

Getting you to piledrive notscience/Lukewarm, the most readable duo in the world, ON THE POOR'S MAN'S BIRTHDAY, and to townread me for it anyway was absolutely the highlight of this game. This game was a lot of fun while you were around, though, and I was sad to kill you N1.
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1636 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:07 pm

Post by Pavowski »

Official Vote Count 4.04
Dunnstral
(2): Save The Dragons, Prism

Not Voting
(1): Dunnstral

With 3 employees, it takes 2 to fire.

Deadline:
(expired on 2022-02-10 20:13:14).

Mod notes:
:)
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1637 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:10 pm

Post by Pavowski »

End of Day 4
“No,” says Dunnstral. “No, dammit, no!”

“Don’t do this,” Prism says, rising and herding him toward the door. “It’s over. I knew it was you all along. Get your shit and get out.”

Dunnstral looks to Dragons for help. “You can’t really believe …”

But Dragons folds his arms. “Sorry, Dunn. I’m with Prism. You have to go.”

Dunnstral knows a lost cause when he sees one. He slams the door, and you hear his shouts of profanity all the way down the hall.

Dunnstral has been eliminated on Day 4.

Dunnstral was a
Vanilla Townie.[/b]
[/area]
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1638 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:15 pm

Post by Pavowski »

Endgame
“Well, I guess we’ve got a call to make, don’t we?” Dragons says, smiling nervously. Somehow it didn’t seem like the end would be so easy.

“Yes, we do.” Prism has opened the door, watching to make sure Dunnstral is well and truly gone.

Dragons dials the number on the conference phone. “You know, I’m relieved. I couldn’t shake the idea that it might have been you, but in the end, I’m glad you and I are on the same side in this –”

Prism, satisfied it’s just the two of you, turns casually around. A pistol gleams in their hand. “I’ve been thinking the same thing.”

Dragons freezes in his chair as your new owner picks up. “Yes? Have you figured it out?”

“I believe we have,” Prism says. “Unfortunately, there were even more unsavory elements in our little operation than we thought. In fact, I’m dealing with the last one as we speak.”

As they talk, Prism pulls out a folded letter of resignation, with Dragons’ real name at the bottom, then slides it across the table, waggling the gun for good measure. Dragons gulps and reaches for a pen.

Prism continues: “But not to worry. I’ve got several business associates of my own who, I’m sure, will have us on the right direction for the future of our company.”

Save the Dragons has been endgamed.

He was a
Vanilla Townie.
[/b]

Prism survives and wins!

They were a
Mafia Goon.
[/area]
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1639 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:27 pm

Post by Pavowski »

Redactions in progress; hoods and mafia PT will become available shortly.

Thanks for playing! This was my first time modding, and I appreciate all of you signing up and going the distance. I wrote the town-win ending very early in the game (history of the setup suggests that's how this would go) but then, as we got to the end of day 3, realized, nope, I'd better write the scum-win ending, too. You live and learn.

Oh, and I'll pick a better mod color for you non-mafblack users next time, too.

I hope you all had fun!
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1640 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:32 pm

Post by Prism »

This one's for my boy innocentvillager, thanks for all of the patience, hard work, and fun in the scum PT. I'm very happy I was able to reward it with the win.

Kuriyama
Kuriyama
Goon
Kuriyama
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1641 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:43 pm

Post by Kuriyama »

Congrats Prism & InnocentVillager - Thank you for the thrilling game. I had fun and more than a few laughs.

Thanks for modding Pavowski; the flavor was excellent.

Sorry we couldn't finish our space opera together Fen; in some ways I think it is for the best to let them write their own love story.

Sorry again for the terrible death-tunnel Luke/Notty ~ I should probably work on my re-evaluation skills.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1642 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:46 pm

Post by Prism »

So I guess I'll make a few general points on the game, along some of the specific arguments/choices I made and why I made them.

-I did see in advance that shoving a wrong Todoroki elim through would get me widely townread. I actually still thought this was bad for two reasons: 1) It might not go through, which would be disastrous 2) It would get me too townread and I would have to deal with the being alive in 3 way question. It's better to ramp up how town you look over time, rather than start strong.

-Esther's play Day 2 was absolutely gorgeous. I don't think me being wrong about her being Morning Tweet made much of a difference as far as how I felt my interactions with Day 1, I was off in how I interacted with her, I could tell, but holy shit she punished it
brutally
. She was wrong about the pivot but the key insight that everything town about my play was strictly tonal was spot on. I thought later she went off the rails and I was able to punish it accordingly, but just absolutely gorgeous play.

-I knew essentially in pregame that the question of "Why is Prism alive in 3 way?" would be the decisive factor, which is why I thought my play Day 1 was dumb.

-While I'm happy to get the win, as my Notes PT will show...I thought my play this game was awful. Straight bludgeoning out towntells through a combination of metamatching, strategic betting, and rote habit. I think the most artistic points came in my suggestions to IV, both in how to adjust his meta and planning in advance that he would treat me as a vote to be won, and ignore making the same points to Dragons to mislead. And goddamn did that last wall work beautifully.

-I did feel Dunnstral took too much joy in my being wrong & stubborn, despite being literally about the game, and reacted accordingly. I reined this in and tried to recenter the conversation on the game, and felt bad that it could be angleshot as only being from town. When Dunnstral made the oog comment, I brought it to Pavowski for review. That spurt of toxicity is probably my biggest regret for the game.

-No clue where that energy came from Day 4, I was just exhausted and didn't want to look at the game starting N2.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1643 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:47 pm

Post by Prism »

I describe what I thought the keys were to a possible town victory in posts 50 and 51 in my Notes PT.

The key insights I thought town missed were:

1) Dragons' vote on IV was hardtown.
2) esther forced the bus Day 2, because not reacting proactively loses essentially on the spot
3) Dunnstral's entire progression on IV pointed that way, but in particular swapping to Dwlee after I threatened to vote him, while it would be correct, would be
immensely
hard to spot as scum in this position. 4) I go more aggressive on Dunnstral Day 4 if I really think he's scum
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1644 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:49 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

And this all could have been avoided if we lim in 6 hood on day 1.

Truly.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1645 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:49 pm

Post by Prism »

Oh, and as for why I shoved Todoroki through despite thinking it was a bad play in the longterm w/ getting too townread: I thought it'd be fun, and it was.

I saw well in advance that the game would likely go to me vs. 2 of dwlee/Dunnstral/Dragons and planned accordingly. A small note is that I actually couldn't afford to let esther go through on Day 2, because that results in two nightkills in the group of 6. I can justify living through one, but no way I can justify living through two. I intentionally gave the extra elim to town instead just to avoid that, knowing I would be completely safe in 5 way.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1646 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:50 pm

Post by petapan »

ur a sicko
free crypto
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #1647 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:51 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

Well played prism. Kinda sad I didn't get to be in ELO, would have been a good time.
I prefer they, thanks :)
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1648 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:51 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 1644, NorwegianboyEE wrote:And this all could have been avoided if we lim in 6 hood on day 1.

Truly.
During Day 1, I felt strongly that that would have lost on the spot; what almost won town the game was the fact that I had to justify living to 3 way. You don't get that by eliminating in 6 first. I think eliminating in 3 was indeed the right call, but butterfly effect & I can't see alternate worlds.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1649 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:54 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

My theory is flawless.

Lim in 3= lose game

Lim in 6= Win and celebrate forever.

3 games i’ve been in this exact setup.

I WILL ACCEPT NO NAYSAYERS!
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno

Return to “Completed Open Games”