Micro 1041: Geriatric F11 [Postgame]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:39 pm

Post by catboi »

Vote Count 4.02

Not Voting (3):
joqiza, Roadkill, Sleepless Assassin

With 3 alive, it's 2 to eliminate.

The post cap will reset in
(expired on 2022-02-18 01:00:00)

Deadline for Day 4 is February 23 at 12:00 AM EST.

Deadline Timer:
(expired on 2022-02-23 01:00:00)

Reserve Posts Used

joqiza (1)
Roadkill
Roadkill
Townie
Roadkill
Townie
Townie

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:53 am

Post by Roadkill »

i’ll be back from the war tomorrow, i needed a few days to ... be better than i was doing a few days ago, i... dislike dragging this out when it could have went by faster were i to post more and think more about this game but it was not a real possibility

(and it only was urges to vote on a gut impulse and if i am wrong i no longer am obligated to think about this game and stew in my own issues)

(...but i didn’t! to me!)

tomorrow morning/evening i will dive in and maybe even use up reserve posts for the first time
Roadkill
Roadkill
Townie
Roadkill
Townie
Townie

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:54 am

Post by Roadkill »

again really sorry to become an obstacle rather than clearing the roads
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:03 am

Post by joqiza »

I am in a subway station, waiting for a train.

I have been waiting a long time.

The map says I am on the green line.

I want to get to the red line.

So I must take the blue line

to the silver line

and switch on the purple line.

Each time I look at the map, all the lines switch places.

Except for the yellow line, which isn’t even connected to anything.

I think that this subway system stretches on forever.

Each stop has a new map with new edges.

When I try to leave the station, I realize the exit has been paved over.

There are other people here, on the trains, but they look angry when I ask them where they’re going.

And there are some who call themselves the Train Riders.

They have been riding the subway since the dawn of time.

Going nowhere.

Going everywhere.

According to the Train Riders, there is no outside world.

Only the trains are real.

They have accepted their endless wandering.

I envy them.

I join the Train Riders.

I meet an old man who tells me a story of the world above.

He says it is different yet the same.

It is different because of the kittens.

But the same, because

there is an avenue in New York that never ends.

And taxi drivers stuck in that infinite city skyscape.

And passengers behind locked doors.

And everyone trying to get to a kind of place that could never exist.
Roadkill
Roadkill
Townie
Roadkill
Townie
Townie

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:20 am

Post by Roadkill »

sorry, i’m going to be home in about seven hours and then i’ll be around... sorry.
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:38 am

Post by Sleepless Assassin »

I'm actually back to leaning Roadkill.

Ready to see what his next post brings though
3-2 as scum and 5-8 as town

Www.escapeintothemixradio.com/EMRchatroom.html come say hi
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:04 pm

Post by catboi »

Vote Count 4.03

Not Voting (3):
joqiza, Roadkill, Sleepless Assassin

With 3 alive, it's 2 to eliminate.

The post cap will reset in
(expired on 2022-02-20 01:00:00)

Deadline for Day 4 is February 23 at 12:00 AM EST.

Deadline Timer:
(expired on 2022-02-23 01:00:00)

Reserve Posts Used

joqiza (1)
Roadkill
Roadkill
Townie
Roadkill
Townie
Townie

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:58 pm

Post by Roadkill »

i should, not continue my litany of 'sorry' because it is later than seven hours but i will add to it one

(i am also very, very tired, but want to offer something so we can talk more!)

this will mostly be... buffet pickings? a bit of everything on my plate for you two to respond to as you wish but if it is not to your tastes hopefully there is more to eat.
Roadkill
Roadkill
Townie
Roadkill
Townie
Townie

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:07 pm

Post by Roadkill »

In post 31, Sleepless Assassin wrote:
In post 27, joqiza wrote:Are you gonna explain that or are you just gonna act mysterious and make me speculate as to your reasoning. I can only assume you SR Roadkill for the E-1 and as for Dwlee I have no idea why you voted him when you did
In post 27, joqiza wrote:Are you gonna explain that or are you just gonna act mysterious and make me speculate as to your reasoning. I can only assume you SR Roadkill for the E-1 and as for Dwlee I have no idea why you voted him when you did
Roadkill was for the Andante vote, yes. Town are usually too paranoid to do that because it opens up dumb hammer possibilities where scum feels more confident it won't happen and if it does, they expect the hammer to look worse than their vote anyway.

Dwelees entrance "someone has to start the game" shows an awkwardness I noticed from him in a pick your poison game we just played. It's kind of a mix of not really seeming to want to post and justifying why he is doing so anyway. The unvote when the wagon got big and vote on Mc Esther to create a mini wagon kind of confirms this. And actually the more I look at this the more I'm making myself confident in Dwelee over Roadkill so I'm probably switching at the end of this post. I'm gonna finish reading first though.
Three wrote: VOTE: mc esther

Umlaut is very likely town
Why and why?

Unvote, Vote Dwelee
(i noticed this post from looking at the vote counts, a jump from the entire game pairing off to a wagon on dwlee.

i think... hm.

i am of two minds on this because there are two worlds i have to consider for sleepless:

as mafia, a rigid scumread that he continued on until it was dead, that did not waver, was decided from the start, and there was no... room to maneuver, or rather... the choice was made *never* to deviate for some... odd reason, but the thing is.

as town, sleepless's posting is a lot more... the rigid scumread which is right and is good to be rigid but from there a... fluidity, i think? sleepless is not locked into a plan because sleepless is not mafia (...an obvious statement given the scenario presented).

this sort of post is the one i do read as the former, i think that... hm...

i don't *expect* mafia to decide that they will bus to hell and back but then, they do, and they start off with a bang. but in a quiet game there is not a bang but a whimper in terms of things to pick at for your partner, but noticing... awkwardness of all things is...

it's something because it's early but it's prescient in a way that i wonder... i wonder how early to jump on a partner is good, because it is again not an expectation of mine that it happens instantly and without remorse, but... hm.

tired eyes see this and see the groundwork being laid by sleepless but it's joqiza who has to prod a bit to really rip it out and it's only after that it's been sat down and made to be discussed does sleepless vote, which, feels... something? feels something.

(...i'm still admittedly not running on a lot of fumes to play or do a lot right now but, if i need to add *more* or add *clarity* i am able to do so but this is my thoughts to the paper with a pen)

(...a quill and ink.)
Roadkill
Roadkill
Townie
Roadkill
Townie
Townie

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:23 pm

Post by Roadkill »

In post 433, joqiza wrote:Intent to hammer Dwlee ~20 min before deadline (seems reasonable to do it a bit early to be safe).

I reserve the right to change my mind conditional on posting from Dwlee and/or SA.

The main reason I don't think Looker/SA is a world is because I TR Looker. My table reads are: Umlaut, Roadkill, Looker town. In the remaining PoE, I don't read any pair as particularly teamed, so. Low confidence in my reads this game, ig? I'm choosing to favor table reads over associatives in the end. I don't.... really think SA is super towny, but I feel like he's given thoughts throughout the game that sort of make sense, whereas with Dwlee I find myself disagreeing with them (Andante read, Looker read, mainly). Caveat's that SA's singular pop-in on pg 17 makes me nervous, given the gamestate.

@Andante I don't think Looker is scum. If you're town, and right, and you feel like I'm not listening to you, then I'm sorry. I think you know that I do listen to you, in Pokemaf (finally complete) I literally vigged dia because I believed in your reads. This game you feel different to me. I told you I didn't vibe with your mc esther read and you ignored me. Based on the info I have rn, even if I assume the best about your intentions I can't assume your reads are any better this game than mine. Your arguments on their own merits aren't convincing as to me it feels like you just tersely repeat your hypotheses. So, I'm not sheeping you.
In post 434, Dwlee99 wrote:Not agreeing on reads isn't a scum tell mmm

What did you agree with me on in pokemaf?
In post 435, joqiza wrote:So, for one thing, I thought your reaction to Koba was townier in that game than anything you've demonstrated here. I didn't really vocally express it that game, because I was busy at the time and fell behind. But I'm pretty sure I never actually voted you in that game.

The other thing is, this is a small game and you and I don't agree on the narratives you've made yourself clear on. That doesn't preclude you from being town but in my experience it is
quite likely
that I end up disagreeing with mafia in games. It's not the strongest tell, sure. I can be wrong and pocketed.

Are you living in the Looker/SA world? You seem to have mostly interacted with Looker. I think Looker is town atm. Either change my mind on that... unless you have reasons to vote SA outside of a teamread w/ Looker? I'm not sure if you're voting SA because you scumread him independently, or if it's just for self prez.
In post 437, Dwlee99 wrote:I still hold to my Roadkill/Looker/Sleepless group, but there's a decent amount of self preservation there yea cause that's literally the only other wagon. I'd rather kill Looker than sleepless and voted that until very recently but there was no one else there
In post 439, Roadkill wrote:why do you still hold to that group?

(not like ah... why do you think that dumb but a genuine sort of why? like why are your reasons when i think the last time you gave that list it was a dayphase ago? or at least, gave reasons, and i think you are more likely to die here so... having updated reasons would be nice if you are town.)

(...i don't really think that and i'm sorry... you can yell at me all you want after the game if i'm messing up but i just can't see what your angle here is as town and the things you're saying i just... don't agree with at all and they run against the grain of how i see the game.)

(any reads at all just, please?)
In post 442, Roadkill wrote:
In post 439, Roadkill wrote:why do you still hold to that group?

(not like ah... why do you think that dumb but a genuine sort of why? like why are your reasons when i think the last time you gave that list it was a dayphase ago? or at least, gave reasons, and i think you are more likely to die here so... having updated reasons would be nice if you are town.)
mm... hm...

so, here.

the things on my mind are:

why answer joqiza but not me? and why not answer a question that is regarding both me *and* sleepless, as in, why not offer up the options?
how strongly must one bus to set up a partner going deeper?

what is the basis to make a partner look good?

these are... pretty questions but to dive deeper,

joqiza was threatening a hammer at the time on dwlee with intent given to happen soon, but he was still open to a dialogue or something from dwlee to change his mind, of which the other option was most likely sa; joqiza gives changes, dwlee...

dwlee asks about a weird question regarding another game? perhaps at this point it was inevitable and they did not want to give up anything but what a... weird token of resistance? "why did you do this?" without anything meaningful to... to save themself. it feels so... out of place, looking at what comes before and after.

a lot of the posts *before* from dwlee are in reference to looker, who was like a red hot iron poking at dwlee; we know looker's alignment but i think it's very telling to see that this is how dwlee was responding to town pressure this game: with some spine behind it when they were around.
In post 426, Dwlee99 wrote:I literally don't care anymore dude. Sometimes I'm hot. Sometimes I'm cold. You watched me be cold for a whole game til ELO where I (correctly) figured out you were town but you got voted out anyway. I really do not care if you think my town play is good or not and I think you're grasping at straws here
a moment of irritation and a genuine pushback, because dwlee a few posts later suggests that looker is the alternative to sleepless, which, well...

i think that if dwlee can somehow kill looker it is a *great* benefit for mafia, not having to nightkill him; this is a pretty surface level read, but, ah...

it's the sort of thing that, where...
In post 437, Dwlee99 wrote:I still hold to my Roadkill/Looker/Sleepless group, but there's a decent amount of self preservation there yea cause that's literally the only other wagon. I'd rather kill Looker than sleepless and voted that until very recently but there was no one else there
how much of this is the sort of, self awareness that mafia needs of common tells (survivalism is seen as scummy -- so admit to being survivalistic ahead of it all! scum need to vote the only realistic option to continue living -- so be noble, and turn towards the 'true' mafia!) and how much of it is creating an association?
Roadkill
Roadkill
Townie
Roadkill
Townie
Townie

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:23 pm

Post by Roadkill »

...i nipped that post midway because i realized something.
Roadkill
Roadkill
Townie
Roadkill
Townie
Townie

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:35 pm

Post by Roadkill »

In post 189, Dwlee99 wrote:Drafted this yesterday but was gonna add more but didn't get to it
In post 121, joqiza wrote:To respond to 119: I'd like to townread the effort, too. It's strange to me that your response to my case is simply that you "Don't understand the vote." If you are town I'd expect you to be trying to parse my motivations and your response is as if I placed down a naked vote without further clarification. What is your read on my motivations? And do you have a response to the specific points I brought up about her?
When I saw this
In post 92, joqiza wrote:Andante your 83 is ridiculously uncharitable.

Do you really not understand why I was skeptical of your opening post? It's not something I've ever actually seen and asking you to give examples is not something crazy.

You can't even provide any examples. It would take one post to say "yeah here you go." In theory you shouldn't have to reread your own games in order to find one, that's what I'd have to do to verify it, but you'd just remember and be like... "Yeah, here you go. Let's move on."

FWIW I was prepared to accept something like "Yeah idk I can't think of any examples, guess I just spoke heat of the moment." But this is... A lot
It reminded me of this time I said something similar and people were tunneling me for it and I was town. Ironically, I can't remember which game it was, but the vibes are very similar to that time. People were like "Dwlee give an example" and I was pretty sure a time had happened but couldn't find it. I'd expect scum to be
more
conciliatory and give the "can't think of nvm" so I actually think the thing you're pointing out is town-indicative, not scum-indicative.
Your other comments on my posts are so aggressive and... Unpleasant, some not even making any reference to what my alignment would be just attacking the way I post. Nowhere in my suspicion of you did I ever address you or treat you like that and given that we know each other and have played with each other before I want to believe it's just because I caught you and not because you actually think any of this stuff?
This I'm gonna ignore because this is between y'all.

Looking at Andante's which you called uncharitable:
In post 83, Andante wrote:wh4t gave "reads" there is NOTHING of that sort in joqiza's ISO, joqiza probably maf
When I read this I initially disagreed but at the time of the post, there are implications of reads but not explicit ones if that makes sense. That might be what Andante is talking about here.
In post 250, Dwlee99 wrote:Andante can you explain why you think three is townie?

I think Joqiza is town for . It sits in my brain very well and it's just... well-reasoned.

I am pretty sure Andante is town here. I know there are doubters and maybe I'm just pocketed for her defense of my slot but I have no intention of voting her today.

I think Umlaut is town.

This isn't ordered btw.

Mc esther is cleared unless someone counter claims so we should make sure not to lim until everyone has a chance to check in but.

Between...

Wh4t*
Three
Sleepless Assassin
Roadkill

I don't think three/SA push me together like that if they're partners, so one of

Wh4t/Three
Wh4t/SA
Wh4t/Roadkill
Three/Roadkill
SA/Roadkill

is my solve.

I'd prefer to vote one of Wh4t or roadkill cause they exist in more worlds.
In post 434, Dwlee99 wrote:Not agreeing on reads isn't a scum tell mmm

What did you agree with me on in pokemaf?
In post 435, joqiza wrote:So, for one thing, I thought your reaction to Koba was townier in that game than anything you've demonstrated here. I didn't really vocally express it that game, because I was busy at the time and fell behind. But I'm pretty sure I never actually voted you in that game.

The other thing is, this is a small game and you and I don't agree on the narratives you've made yourself clear on. That doesn't preclude you from being town but in my experience it is
quite likely
that I end up disagreeing with mafia in games. It's not the strongest tell, sure. I can be wrong and pocketed.

Are you living in the Looker/SA world? You seem to have mostly interacted with Looker. I think Looker is town atm. Either change my mind on that... unless you have reasons to vote SA outside of a teamread w/ Looker? I'm not sure if you're voting SA because you scumread him independently, or if it's just for self prez.
In post 118, joqiza wrote:
In post 116, Dwlee99 wrote:Andante has zero reason to tryhard like that given gamestate if scum. Don't understand the vote there at all
I'm not saying you're wrong, but I don't understand this. What was the "given game state" and why wouldn't scum try-hard in it?
In post 119, Dwlee99 wrote:I thought I still had more votes than I did when she started, this is less strong. I was thinking I still had 3 or 4 votes when she started, but I think we had tied wagons and there actually is incentives there. I still want to townread the effort but as I said less strong
there are a lot of words that i could say (and can say if wanted), but the gist is...

looking at you two feels like a rabbit hole, so i'm looking at how dwlee treated people.

and i don't think that... dwlee needs to be so... reconciliatory? towards joqiza if they're teamed...?

as in, dwlee goes the extra little step, it feels like, to try and give joqiza the "levelheaded" answer; the good townie answer, or at least, something to placate a little bit. joqiza gets the townread, the questioning of meta.

wondering why this is, i think that... joqiza's questioning was a little more ... tender in the beginning? so to speak, the sort of lightfootedness that can be guided a certain way if tended to. the other townreads (in ) are sensible for dwlee, andante is defending, umlaut was in general seen with mostly kindness, but to have only two and a sea of suspects would probably be... inopportune, a thing to question, more "teams" to have to present content for and fake reasoning why they exist or don't exist.

even at the end, though it is more understandable given the hammer over head, dwlee wanted to reason with joqiza compared to...
Roadkill
Roadkill
Townie
Roadkill
Townie
Townie

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:40 pm

Post by Roadkill »

In post 32, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 22, Sleepless Assassin wrote:
In post 21, Dwlee99 wrote:UNVOTE:
I've seen lolhammer in RVS, typically from scum though, or in a meme game. I don't think it is scummy to question that line from Andante but I don't think that line is AI from her either.

I like Umlaut for town right now so I'll join this
VOTE: mc Esther
Bus your buddy and vote Roadkill with me.
I don't like to bus in micros though :(
In post 31, Sleepless Assassin wrote:
Dwelees entrance "someone has to start the game" shows an awkwardness I noticed from him in a pick your poison game we just played. It's kind of a mix of not really seeming to want to post and justifying why he is doing so anyway. The unvote when the wagon got big and vote on Mc Esther to create a mini wagon kind of confirms this. And actually the more I look at this the more I'm making myself confident in Dwelee over Roadkill so I'm probably switching at the end of this post. I'm gonna finish reading first though.
My post was in reference to the fact that we only get 10 posts per day, but someone has to be the first to use one to get the ball rolling onto something. Your read of my scum play is pretty good as far as not really /wanting/ to post, but your interpretation of my post and its actual meaning are completely divorced
In post 38, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 33, Sleepless Assassin wrote:If that's true, you're a lot more concerned with the post limit than I am. Which isn't impossible. But it seems weird right out of the gate like that.
Some games I go absolutely wild with posting lol
In post 329, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 322, Roadkill wrote:looker is right, you’ve been active since this day’s begun in other spaces, even if it wasn’t a lot yesterday.

why haven’t you been active here? i assume you saw the wagon.
Games have deadlines and one was in ELO. A lot of my posts yesterday are also in a game that finished while in ELO and I was an IC trying to figure out the solve + what to do after my death. Someone voted before I did and we lost and then I was reacting to the endgame scenario, which looker would know because he was the mislim to lose the game.
In post 327, Sleepless Assassin wrote:
Dwelee wrote: This is incredibly disingenuous when my activity across the entire site was zero
VOTE: Looker
Think town!you would bother to check that
Why wouldn't scum worry about being called out for being wrong?
They could be, but scum are also much less likely to care if their arguments are actually correct if they just want a Muslim.
In post 411, Dwlee99 wrote:VOTE: Sleepless Assassin
Looker be like i totally can't be partnered with sleepless votes me as the counterwagon
...dwlee feels very... ah.

for someone who was so consistently adamant that dwlee was mafia, dwlee seems pretty... unbothered by it all? toothless in reply. (interpretation; earlier on it's a bit more forgivable as... well, there's less stakes, but all the same it is the beginning of the pattern).

it feels very... barren, what i guess... i *expected* to have happened, dialogue wise, and what did? at least, what dwlee felt worth responding to from sleepless who just... really, really wanted dwlee dead.

(i included the vote on sleepless because *even when it is about sleepless*, dwlee opts to comment on someone else, and avert their eyes away from sleepless elsewhere)
Roadkill
Roadkill
Townie
Roadkill
Townie
Townie

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:40 pm

Post by Roadkill »

(i said i was only going to spend like 30 minutes on it but... it clicked, it really, really clicked...)

(...so i must finish onward)
Roadkill
Roadkill
Townie
Roadkill
Townie
Townie

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:42 pm

Post by Roadkill »

In post 250, Dwlee99 wrote:Between...

Wh4t*
Three
Sleepless Assassin
Roadkill

I don't think three/SA push me together like that if they're partners, so one of

Wh4t/Three
Wh4t/SA
Wh4t/Roadkill
Three/Roadkill
SA/Roadkill

is my solve.

also to highlight this post a bit, in retrospect...

dwlee also finds the reasons to put sleepless just outside of the realm of "we should do this today", barely; a singular removal of a team that leaves SA at two teams instead of three to try and push out myself and wh4t/looker.
Roadkill
Roadkill
Townie
Roadkill
Townie
Townie

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:45 pm

Post by Roadkill »

In post 51, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 43, Roadkill wrote:so in reference to your explanation of your scum play, is there any reason that you aren't going wild in this one?

21 is the only real 'content' post you've made, and it's a little hedge-y.
That it's page 2 (now 3) of a game? What kind of a question is this
In post 74, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 70, Three wrote:
In post 57, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 56, Three wrote:
In post 53, Dwlee99 wrote:I am typically still memeing this early idk what games you're looking at
I don't really see any memeing either. : /

Do you have any takes, preferably hot?
Three I'm starting to think you're not thinking when you say things like this

My takes are umlaut town, mc esther scum. I don't have enough experience with her to know if the vote hopping is normal from her but I think it's slightly scum-indicative.
I am thinking, though I don't really have a normal thought process I guess. Could you explain what you believe I said wrong/thoughtlessly here? I don't see it.

I agree with Umlaut town, Esther scum is more of a hot take though. She's null town for me, I just want to see her engage with the game a bit more. Is everyone else null for you?
I feel like it's kind of an unspoken rule when signing up for this game that you won't just meme around / you'll try to be serious about it. That's kinda the point of this rule set.

Andante is sorta townie.

@Roadkill

I'm not going wild because serious + post restriction + page 3. I think that should be pretty obvious. I don't think the content so far is super enlightening on a cursory glance which is pretty much the response you predicted but yea
In post 250, Dwlee99 wrote:Andante can you explain why you think three is townie?

I think Joqiza is town for . It sits in my brain very well and it's just... well-reasoned.

I am pretty sure Andante is town here. I know there are doubters and maybe I'm just pocketed for her defense of my slot but I have no intention of voting her today.

I think Umlaut is town.

This isn't ordered btw.

Mc esther is cleared unless someone counter claims so we should make sure not to lim until everyone has a chance to check in but.

Between...

Wh4t*
Three
Sleepless Assassin
Roadkill

Wh4t/Three
Wh4t/SA
Wh4t/Roadkill
Three/Roadkill
SA/Roadkill

is my solve.

In post 258, Dwlee99 wrote:To be clear: I will vote three if we need it. I would just prefer limming in looker/roadkill.
In post 329, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 322, Roadkill wrote:looker is right, you’ve been active since this day’s begun in other spaces, even if it wasn’t a lot yesterday.

why haven’t you been active here? i assume you saw the wagon.
Games have deadlines and one was in ELO. A lot of my posts yesterday are also in a game that finished while in ELO and I was an IC trying to figure out the solve + what to do after my death. Someone voted before I did and we lost and then I was reacting to the endgame scenario, which looker would know because he was the mislim to lose the game.
In post 327, Sleepless Assassin wrote:
Dwelee wrote: This is incredibly disingenuous when my activity across the entire site was zero
VOTE: Looker
Think town!you would bother to check that
Why wouldn't scum worry about being called out for being wrong?
They could be, but scum are also much less likely to care if their arguments are actually correct if they just want a Muslim.
i think it would be unfair to not present that:

dwlee did not interact as much with me either (in reality i think they interacted with all of us about the same amount of times), but... there's a lot more irritation towards me questioning them, rather than trying to placate or work with

...which... lines up pretty well with wanting me dead.
Roadkill
Roadkill
Townie
Roadkill
Townie
Townie

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:48 pm

Post by Roadkill »

In post 391, Dwlee99 wrote:I am slightly burnt out of mafia. I am doing a recharge week. I have been in very intense games off-site in the past week and I am no longer in them but that no longer being in them thing contributed to me burning out. I recognize I need to post more for the good of the game but in-depth analyzing is for this weekend. If anyone wants to ask me questions or point me in the direction of things to give opinions on go for it but this is mobile dwlee for a couple days
it feels in ill form to comment on *this* sort of thing but i feel it necessary all the same, as it is one of the only reasons that i can offer for such a persistent amount of bussing:

if dwlee rolls mafia in this game, and they are this burned out, i think that it is more likely that they would accept a bus from the get-go to get a partner to a better place. as in, some teams might do "oh let's see how it goes, maybe we can push each other a bit?" this situation is the sort of "burn it all down."

...i also think that this is more likely, in the setup we have (there are no doctor claims and i refuse to believe any that appear), a single PR that ended up getting outed early only allows the inferno to grow. you kill the cop, and you are free, and you do not have to worry about one partner getting pushed by dayplay and the other guilty'd, or your kill being stopped and suddenly you need your numbers a whole lot more to win.
Roadkill
Roadkill
Townie
Roadkill
Townie
Townie

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:53 pm

Post by Roadkill »

VOTE: sleepless assassin

i do not see myself moving onto joqiza as mafia after having read, and all that i have explained about sleepless. if i am wrong i apologize but.. i think it is best to bite the bullet now rather than a day or two when i am tired and cranky and to post is to use up energy that i do not have only to be submitted to a loss that could just be... now? but i am thinking i am right.
Roadkill
Roadkill
Townie
Roadkill
Townie
Townie

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:56 pm

Post by Roadkill »

(...and a very, very small note before bed, a cute one: it makes me sad that no one notices when i do the little things in games like break up posts and then sequence them very fast, within seconds, to post them, and that no one questions why i would do such a thing)

(i did that earlier) (i was afraid of using up post limit but hadn't gone anywhere near... so might as well make use of what i had written and see if it's picked up, because i know often people push on those who pre-write their posts as if they must be worried and edit)

(good night)
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 2:13 am

Post by joqiza »

Busy at the moment and I haven't gone through the case yet, but just posting to say I'm clear. Good vote if you're town Roadkill.
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:22 am

Post by Sleepless Assassin »

Roadkill wrote: (i noticed this post from looking at the vote counts, a jump from the entire game pairing off to a wagon on dwlee.

i think... hm.

i am of two minds on this because there are two worlds i have to consider for sleepless:

as mafia, a rigid scumread that he continued on until it was dead, that did not waver, was decided from the start, and there was no... room to maneuver, or rather... the choice was made *never* to deviate for some... odd reason, but the thing is.

as town, sleepless's posting is a lot more... the rigid scumread which is right and is good to be rigid but from there a... fluidity, i think? sleepless is not locked into a plan because sleepless is not mafia (...an obvious statement given the scenario presented).

this sort of post is the one i do read as the former, i think that... hm...

i don't *expect* mafia to decide that they will bus to hell and back but then, they do, and they start off with a bang. but in a quiet game there is not a bang but a whimper in terms of things to pick at for your partner, but noticing... awkwardness of all things is...

it's something because it's early but it's prescient in a way that i wonder... i wonder how early to jump on a partner is good, because it is again not an expectation of mine that it happens instantly and without remorse, but... hm.

tired eyes see this and see the groundwork being laid by sleepless but it's joqiza who has to prod a bit to really rip it out and it's only after that it's been sat down and made to be discussed does sleepless vote, which, feels... something? feels something.
I see I'm mostly just speaking to joqiza at this point because it's been confirmed to me that Roadkill is scum. Thank God I don't have to stress over that anymore. But, to address this....

Joqiza go back and look at this game, just my ISO:
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=88203

You'll notice three things here:
1. I was town.
2. My posting towards Iconeum was near identical to my posting towards Dwlee here. I also caught Iconeum on my first post.
3. I caught Dwlee for the same reason there as here, a certain type of awkwardness they display as scum.

I was very confident in that read for those reasons. At the time that this game started, that was my most recent completed game. I was coming off of a game where I caught scum early in Day 1 and later caught Dwlee specifically. And I'm sure I'll start my next game confident in my early reads too because of this game. That's the one thing I'm proud of in this little return to playing mafia is my ability to read players especially early in games. I wish I'd stuck to my gut with Roadkill but wow it's just hitting me I had the scum team called right away.

Joqiza think about the fact that Day 2 was Dwlee vs me. Do you really think this town was absolutely perfect that day and scum just let it happen and your decision on who to hammer didn't matter because you were hitting scum either way? You challenged Andante earlier this game to find a time town hammered just for fun at the start of a game. I'm challenging you, find a time town had to choose who to hammer and both options were scum. It's rare. I can't even recall a time and I've played a ton of mafia.

Vote Roadkill

Also don't forget Roadkill not being NK'd really is as simple as he's scum therefore wasn't an option. The Umlaut kill makes no sense for me to make. Roadkill felt like the only one who wouldn't be eliminated today. Umlaut vs Joqiza would be the perfect set up for me as scum. I was probably going to vote Umlaut. I said before yesterday's hammer I had thoughts but wasn't putting them out because I wanted to see a potential NK first in the event of Andante being town. That was my thought, that it was probably Umlaut and probably not Roadkill. I was worried putting that out there would lead to Roadkill being NK'd if he wasn't already.
3-2 as scum and 5-8 as town

Www.escapeintothemixradio.com/EMRchatroom.html come say hi
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:23 am

Post by joqiza »

Alright fellas time for me to dive into things. I'll be around if you want to direct my attention to anything else in specific... in the meantime I'm gonna try to conserve posts in case I end up needing them
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 2:18 pm

Post by joqiza »

Idk if either of you is like, anxiously waiting for my questioning right now but it probably won't come today (or if it does it'll probs be late). I'm still in the stage where I'm just like... kinda clicking around the thread and absorbing and noodling on stuff.

joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 2:22 pm

Post by joqiza »

Actually Roadkill when you see this I am a bit curious what you mean in . You're saying you pre-write posts at times and then split them up and post them in chunks? To what end? Readability I guess? Or trying to facilitate real time interactions or something?
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 2:56 pm

Post by joqiza »

Dwlee:
In post 32, Dwlee99 wrote: I don't like to bus in micros though :(
Also Dwlee:
In post 437, Dwlee99 wrote:I still hold to my Roadkill/Looker/Sleepless group