he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Greeting's Mini Normal Review, February 2022

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:32 pm

Post by implosion »

Greeting wrote:Greetings!

Time has come for me to try my best in hosting. I have not yet signed up for hosting the game, but I will do it within the next four weeks at worst. Nonetheless, I have come to seek your guidance, counsel and approval for my setup.

Mini Normal x setup

Game size

13 players

Town faction

10 town-aligned players

3 town-aligned players will have strong town PRs
1 town-aligned player will have a soft town PR
6 town-aligned players will be VTs

Strong town PRs: Town Cop, Town Tracker, Town Jailkeeper
Soft town PR: Town Friendly Neighbor

Mafia faction

3 mafia-aligned players

2 mafia-aligned players will have strong mafia PRs
1 mafia-aligned player will have a soft mafia PR

Strong mafia PRs: Mafia Roleblocker, Mafia Watcher
Soft mafia PR: Mafia Mailman

Explanation:
The Mafia Mailman will be able to send a note containing up to 100 words each Night to one player of their choice. The content of the note will be subject to the game-specific and MafiaScum-related rules. The player who receives a note from a Mafia Mailman will be allowed to quote its contents into the game thread, this being the only exception to the rule barring players from quoting any PMs from the mod. The player will be told that the message is from a Mailman, but not the Mailman's alignment.

Mini Normal x: Hits of 2012

Moderator:
Greeting

Set-up designed by:
Greeting

Back-up moderator:
Reviewed by:

Welcome to Mini Normal x! The theme of this game will be the biggest music hits of the year 2012.

Carly Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe

I swear, this song,
is
2012. Every radio station in my country played it in summer. Everyone was so shook at the end of the music video too!

Player list:

• Player

• Playerinne

• Spoiler: Alive players
  • Player

• Spoiler: Dead players
  • Playerinne
    , a
    Vanilla Townie
    , voted out Day 1.

• Spoiler: Modkilled players
  • This is a list you don't want to be on.

• Events and vote counts:

• Post #2:

Rules

(Please pay extra attention to 11. I would strongly appreciate feedback on whether this is enforceable. Players will be informed of this rule in PMs containing the role and will be asked to explicitly confirm that they will adhere to the rule and understand the consequences of not doing so.)

General rules:

1. The MafiaScum.net rules apply in full in this game, as they do elsewhere on MafiaScum.net and are to be applied directly in any matters not covered by this ruleset. I reserve the right to enforce site-wide rules in this game should I find any players breaking them, and ask the listmods for help when necessary.

1a. Should any player find any rules in this game be in conflict with site-wide rules, please PM me and I shall refer to the listmods to resolve the issue.

2. The rules specific to this game and the MafiaScum.net rules also apply in other threads which are part of the game (included, but not limited to: the Dead/Spectator thread, the Mafia thread, Private Threads should there be any), unless it is stated in the relevant thread that they don’t.

3. Play to achieve your winning role condition.

4. Do not discuss the content of this game anywhere outside the relevant game threads (included, but not limited to: this thread, the Dead/Spectator thread, the Mafia thread, or Private Threads should there be any).

5. Do not speak privately about the game anywhere except for places where it is explicitly allowed.

6. Do not directly quote any PMs sent to you regarding the game, unless it is explicitly allowed to do so.

7. Do not directly quote from any other game-related thread into this thread (examples: quoting from the Mafia thread into this thread or a Private Thread a player has into this thread).

7a. It is, however, allowed to quote directly from other games into this thread under the condition that the relevant game ended.

8. If you are dead in the game, you are no longer allowed to post in this thread. You will be provided with access to a Dead/Spectator thread, where you can comment on the game freely.

8a. If you want to make a “bah!” post, you must pre-send it to me for verification. You may post it only if you receive explicit consent from me to do so. If you want to maximize your chances of getting a “bah!” post accepted, ask yourself whether any game-relevant content could be drawn from it before submitting it for verification.

If you do not receive consent, you are not allowed to post it and doing so will be a serious violation of the rules. Please note that a “bah!” post is a privilege and not a right and should not be abused.

9. Please remember, at all times, that this is a game that is supposed provide an enjoyable experience for all. Mafia can get heated. Players will argue. This is all part of the mafia experience. However, you should be considerate of the feelings of others while posting and refrain from any actions that could turn this game into a hostile environment for anyone.

9a. Racism, homophobia, misogyny or any other form of discriminatory action is not allowed under any circumstances. Jokes and dark humor can be offensive, so if you are worried that a joke can cause offense, refrain from making it.

9b. Do your best to not misgender anyone. Use pronouns that are preferred by the player.

9c. Do not criticize a player’s character or characteristics. Criticize their behavior and, most preferably, in-game behavior instead.

Using meta on other players is allowed.

10. If, as a player, you believe that a rule was broken and I missed it, please PM me before commenting about it in the thread. I will get back to you and take action if necessary.

If you are playing on an alt account, you must reveal your main account and any other interconnected accounts upon another player’s request. If there is reasonable suspicion that a player in the game is, in fact, an alt account and they refuse to reveal their main account, lie about not being an alt or do not respond to another player's request within prod range, I reserve the right to request relevant information from the MafiaScum administration and reveal, as a game mod, any possible interconnected accounts.
    I will not reveal or seek any kind of information regarding alt accounts if the relevant information is not requested by any game player.

Game-specific information:

1. This game consists of 10 players aligned with the town faction and 3 players aligned with the mafia faction.

1a. Four town-aligned players have power roles. The remaining six town-aligned players are Vanilla Townies.

1b. All three mafia-aligned players have power roles.

2. Day One lasts 10 days (216 hours).

3. Every next Day Phase lasts 7 days (168 hours), except for the phase in which the town faction should find themselves in ELo (“eliminate or lose”) should that happen in the course of this game – that Day Phase will last 5 days (120 hours).

4. Night Phase lasts 2 days (48 hours).

5. Day Phase ends early if 50% of players + 1 player come to a decision to vote out a single player. The game then enters twilight phase, which lasts until I announce the results of the Day Phase. Posting during the twilight phase is allowed, but no votes may be changed or cast. No votes changed or cast during twilight phase shall be counted as valid.

6. In case the Day Phase ends and there is no majority of votes on any single player, no player is voted out and Night Phase begins.

Voting and activity:

1. The proper voting format is VOTE: Greeting (use of the vote tag). You may also use bold tags, however, in that case, the format must be
    Vote: Greeting
    . Votes cannot be put in spoilers and should a player do so, the vote will not be counted as valid.

1a. I reserve the final right to determine whether a vote is valid or not and will use my best judgement in doing so.

2. Discussing replacements is allowed unless it is explicitly stated by me that it’s not.

3. Players must not make their posts unreadable. That includes, but is not limited to:

- excessive use of bright colors;

- using a very small font size;

- writing in a way that makes the text not readable for the naked eye (for example by using a black font that matches the site background).

4. I will use the color
    #0080FF
    in communication with others. I kindly ask you to refrain from using it and pick another color to avoid confusion.

5. Players must post at least once every 36 hours. Prods will be sent out when a player hasn’t posted with game-advancing content for at least 36 hours.

5a. Once a player receives a prod, they have 24 hours to respond. If they do not respond by posting game-advancing content, they will be replaced. If the player returns before I find a replacement, they may rejoin the game.

5b. Should a player receive a second prod, I will request explanation for the inactivity by PM, failure to provide a satisfactory explanation will result in replacement. If satisfactory explanation is provided, the player will be allowed to remain in the game, provided they resume posting game-advancing content.

5c. Third prods are unacceptable under any circumstances. A player who is to be prodded for the third time will be force-replaced from the game and not allowed to return.

5d. Should a player be due to receive a prod during Night Phase (example: they haven’t posted for 36 hours and then players decide to hammer), they are required to post within the first 12 hours of the next Day Phase. Should they fail to do so, they will be prodded.

6. V/LA is allowed for up to 5 days (120 hours). If you plan on going on V/LA for longer than 120 hours, please PM me requesting replacement. Things happen in real-life and I will understand that.

Private Threads:

1. Regardless of role or alignment, you may request a Private Thread where you can make notes for the game at any time and I will provide you with such. You may not have more than one Private Thread. Having access to a Mafia thread or any other game-related thread you share with other players does not count as having a Private Thread for the purpose of this rule.

2. As a repeat from 7. of “Game-specific rules and information”, you are not allowed to copy from the Private Thread into the game thread.

3. The reverse of 2. above is allowed. You may quote content from this thread into a Private Thread.

4. After the game is over, you will have 48 hours to request redactions or ask for your Private Thread not to be released. Failure to act will result in your Private Thread being released with no redactions.

5. The Mafia thread and the Dead thread, as a rule, will be released upon endgame without redactions. You may request redactions in private before endgame, however you must provide reasonable explanation for your request and the request may be denied.

6. Discussing the existence or non-existence of potential Private Threads is allowed.

Miscellaneous:

1. Players are allowed to claim mafia individually when town-aligned if they feel like it will aid their team in achieving your role condition. Players are not allowed to claim mafia with other players.

2. If a player has a PR, town or mafia, the choice whether to use their role or nor is entirely up to them. No prods regarding role usage will be sent out during Night Phase (or Day Phase, should the game setup involve any roles used during Day Phase).

3. Do not pretend to break the rules. Pretending to break the rules is against the rules.

4. Rules may change during the game, but only in exceptional circumstances. Should that happen, the players will receive an obligatory notification about this occurrence both via PM and by a mod announcement in the game thread.

5. Hydras are allowed, with two heads maximum. Both players must reveal the fact to the mod before the game. The existence of hydras, should there be any, will be revealed in the playerlist.

Town Role PMs

Welcome to Mini Normal x!

You are a
    Vanilla Townie

Every Day Phase you may cast a vote to eliminate a player whom you think is aligned with the mafia.

You win when there is no more mafia-aligned players alive and there is at least one town-aligned player in the game.

Please respond and confirm your role and alignment and also that you acknowledge the game's rules with regard to alt accounts.

Excerpt from the rules:

If you are playing on an alt account, you must reveal your main account and any other interconnected accounts upon another player’s request. If there is reasonable suspicion that a player in the game is, in fact, an alt account and they refuse to reveal their main account, lie about not being an alt or do not respond to another player's request within prod range, I reserve the right to request relevant information from the MafiaScum administration and reveal, as a game mod, any possible interconnected accounts.

You are a
    Town Cop

Every Day Phase you may cast a vote to eliminate a player whom you think is aligned with the mafia.
    In addition, every Night Phase you may target a player of your choice. Assuming no interference, you will be told whether they are aligned with the
    town
    or with the
    mafia

You win when there is no more mafia-aligned players alive and there is at least one town-aligned player in the game.

Please respond and confirm your role and alignment and also that you acknowledge the game's rules with regard to alt accounts.

Excerpt from the rules:

You are a
    Town Tracker

In addition, every Night Phase you may target a player of your choice. Assuming no interference, you will be told whom that player targeted that night.

Excerpt from the rules:

You are a
    Town Jailkeeper

In addition, every Night Phase you may target a player of your choice. Assuming no interference, you will roleblock and protect your target that night.

Excerpt from the rules:

You are a
    Town Friendly Neighbor

In addition, every Night Phase you may target a player of your choice. Assuming no interference, that player will receive the following message "
    Player
    is aligned with the town".

Excerpt from the rules:

Mafia Role PMs

You are a
    Mafia Roleblocker

Every Day Phase you may mislead town into eliminating a fellow townie.
    In addition, every Night Phase you may target a player of your choice. If that player has a power role and used it that night, they will be roleblocked. You will not receive any feedback as to whether you were successful or not.

You win when the mafia-aligned players constitute a majority of all players in the game or there is an equal amount of mafia-aligned players and town-aligned players or there is nothing to stop it from happening.

Excerpt from the rules:

You are a
    Mafia Watcher

In addition, every Night Phase you may target a player of your choice. Assuming no interference, you will learn whom, if anyone, targeted that player that night.

You win when the mafia-aligned players constitute a majority of all players in the game or there is an equal amount of mafia-aligned players and town-aligned players or there is nothing to stop it from happening.

Excerpt from the rules:

You are a
    Mafia Mailman

In addition, every Night Phase you may target a player of your choice. You may send them a message containing up to 100 words. The player will be informed that the message came from a Mailman but not of the Mailman's alignment. The player will also be allowed to quote the contents of the message directly into the game thread. Please note that all game-specific and MafiaScum.net rules apply to the content of the message. If you fail to submit a message that does not conflict with either the game-specific or MafiaScum.net rules, it will be rejected and you will be deemed to not have used your role.

Excerpt from the rules:

Last edited by implosion on Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
    implosion
    implosion
    he/him
    Polymath
    implosion
    he/him
    Polymath
    Polymath

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:33 pm

Post by implosion »

Primary: mastina
    Secondary: Ircher
    Ircher
    Ircher
    He / Him / His
    What A Grand Idea
    Ircher
    He / Him / His
    What A Grand Idea
    What A Grand Idea
    Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:48 pm

Post by Ircher »

This feels like one of those setups where even if it were in theory balanced, scum would not enjoy playing it at all. The main problem is that there are too many potential clears being generated from the town prs, and scum are going to be forced to kill clears rather than the people they want even in the worst-case scenarios for town. The cop is a clear, the FN is a clear, and it's quite likely that the cop will generate at least one clear over the course of the game. That's going to be an uphill battle for scum even if they manage to block one of town's prs every night.
    Links: User Page | GTKAS
    Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
    Hosting: The Grand Neighborhood [Ongoing]
    mastina
    mastina
    She/Her
    False Prophet
    mastina
    She/Her
    False Prophet
    False Prophet
    Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:55 pm

Post by mastina »

Rule thing; hydras are not allowed in Normals.

Rule advice: I would discourage telling the town that there's precisely four town PRs. Telling the town that there's three scum PRs is probably fine, but telling the town that there's four town PRs has the unfortunate side-effect where if there's precisely four PR claims, they're all conftown, and if there's five, it can force scum to 1v1 town.

When the town being 1v1'd are a friendly neighbor, a cop, a tracker, and a jailkeeper.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum
    Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:50 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 2, Ircher wrote:This feels like one of those setups where even if it were in theory balanced, scum would not enjoy playing it at all. The main problem is that there are too many potential clears being generated from the town prs, and scum are going to be forced to kill clears rather than the people they want even in the worst-case scenarios for town. The cop is a clear, the FN is a clear, and it's quite likely that the cop will generate at least one clear over the course of the game. That's going to be an uphill battle for scum even if they manage to block one of town's prs every night.
    What changes would you suggest? I am open to strengthening scum by giving them a one-shot Vigilante, but I am not sure if this is allowed in a Normal Themed Game. I could also remove the Jailkeeper (but I'd much rather leave both Cop and Tracker) and give town a weaker role instead.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:51 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 3, mastina wrote:Rule thing; hydras are not allowed in Normals.

Rule advice: I would discourage telling the town that there's precisely four town PRs. Telling the town that there's three scum PRs is probably fine, but telling the town that there's four town PRs has the unfortunate side-effect where if there's precisely four PR claims, they're all conftown, and if there's five, it can force scum to 1v1 town.

When the town being 1v1'd are a friendly neighbor, a cop, a tracker, and a jailkeeper.
    Noted, and noted. Hydras will not be allowed, and players will not receive any information as to the amount of power roles whatsoever.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:38 am

Post by Greeting »

Prodding Ircher.

:D
    mastina
    mastina
    She/Her
    False Prophet
    mastina
    She/Her
    False Prophet
    False Prophet

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:02 pm

Post by mastina »

Scum killing roles are in fact not allowed in Normals.
    Ircher
    Ircher
    He / Him / His
    What A Grand Idea
    Ircher
    He / Him / His
    What A Grand Idea
    What A Grand Idea

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:45 am

Post by Ircher »

In post 4, Greeting wrote:
    In post 2, Ircher wrote:This feels like one of those setups where even if it were in theory balanced, scum would not enjoy playing it at all. The main problem is that there are too many potential clears being generated from the town prs, and scum are going to be forced to kill clears rather than the people they want even in the worst-case scenarios for town. The cop is a clear, the FN is a clear, and it's quite likely that the cop will generate at least one clear over the course of the game. That's going to be an uphill battle for scum even if they manage to block one of town's prs every night.
    What changes would you suggest? I am open to strengthening scum by giving them a one-shot Vigilante, but I am not sure if this is allowed in a Normal Themed Game. I could also remove the Jailkeeper (but I'd much rather leave both Cop and Tracker) and give town a weaker role instead.
    I apologize for not getting back sooner. I think replacing the jailkeeper with a role at a similar power level to the mafia mailman and making the watcher 2-shot or odd night probably puts this into the realm of balanced while not being too frustrating for scum. mastina has final approval over the setup, but that's what I'm thinking after looking through past completed reviews.

Also, in normal games, there cannot be a limit on the number of characters in the message that the mailman sends.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:48 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 8, Ircher wrote: I apologize for not getting back sooner. I think replacing the jailkeeper with a role at a similar power level to the mafia mailman and making the watcher 2-shot or odd night probably puts this into the realm of balanced while not being too frustrating for scum. mastina has final approval over the setup, but that's what I'm thinking after looking through past completed reviews.

Also, in normal games, there cannot be a limit on the number of characters in the message that the mailman sends.
    No worries, I was just getting into the groove. Besides, you didn't even meet the 36-hour threshold for a prod.

Looking at the roles gave me an amazing idea. How would you feel about replacing the Jailkeeper with a Neighborizer? Except the Neighborizer will not learn the role of the person they targeted, but the neighborized player obviously would learn that the player who targeted them is a Neighborizer. They, of course, can claim in the PT, but I will not confirm nor deny any claims. So they would become semi-Masons. This makes me super curious as to what would happen if a Neighborizer targets a scum and would give the scum an extra opportunity to mislead a townie.

Do you think that the mafia would be strong enough to counter this with what they've got, in the very likely case that a Neighborizer targets a townie?

And all right, if the character cap is not allowed then I'll leave it as it is. I'm just concerned about a troll posting outrageously long bullshit posts to use this to throw the game.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:49 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 7, mastina wrote:Scum killing roles are in fact not allowed in Normals.
    Yeah, I figured as much.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:50 am

Post by Greeting »

Also, another question. Can I give scum daytalk in a Normal?

And is rule 11 from General rules enforceable?
    Ircher
    Ircher
    He / Him / His
    What A Grand Idea
    Ircher
    He / Him / His
    What A Grand Idea
    What A Grand Idea

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:23 am

Post by Ircher »

Neighborizer should work fine.

Global daytalk is allowed provided it is specified in the ruleset. As to rule 11... Eh, I think you should ask a list moderator about that one. If implosion or another list mod says it is okay, then it's okay.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:32 am

Post by Greeting »

Great, thanks a lot :] I'll ask implosion about rule 11 then.

@mastina, thoughts on ?
    implosion
    implosion
    he/him
    Polymath
    implosion
    he/him
    Polymath
    Polymath

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:03 am

Post by implosion »

Generally the listmods don't furnish requests for who a secret alt is from mods; we just ensure that player lists don't have duplicate players. You do have discretion over the player list as a mod, and you could ask that secret alts not join, but I don't think that rule as an in-game rule is enforceable.
    mastina
    mastina
    She/Her
    False Prophet
    mastina
    She/Her
    False Prophet
    False Prophet

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:24 am

Post by mastina »

I'm not sure if I'm reading it correct so let me verify;
    The setup you're proposing would be:

Town Cop, Town Tracker, Town Neighborizer, Town Friendly Neighbor

vs.

Mafia Roleblocker, Mafia Watcher, Mafia Mailman?
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:33 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 15, mastina wrote:I'm not sure if I'm reading it correct so let me verify;
    The setup you're proposing would be:

Town Cop, Town Tracker, Town Neighborizer, Town Friendly Neighbor

vs.

Mafia Roleblocker, Mafia Watcher, Mafia Mailman?
    Correct.
    mastina
    mastina
    She/Her
    False Prophet
    mastina
    She/Her
    False Prophet
    False Prophet

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:42 pm

Post by mastina »

It's a little difficult to say for sure, but I would say "quite swingy, but loosely balanced".

The cop and tracker are incredibly strong (and the friendly neighbor is clearing), but the scum have a tool to identify TPRs and a tool to block them, with no possible interference with their nightkill, and decent ability to fakeclaim safely.

Double investigative with a conftown means that I'd probably give a
    slight
    edge to the town, ~55:45 imo (give or take 2.5%), which is within the acceptable balance margins even if it's slight townlean; if that's okay with you, then I would be okay with the setup.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:23 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 17, mastina wrote:It's a little difficult to say for sure, but I would say "quite swingy, but loosely balanced".

The cop and tracker are incredibly strong (and the friendly neighbor is clearing), but the scum have a tool to identify TPRs and a tool to block them, with no possible interference with their nightkill, and decent ability to fakeclaim safely.

Double investigative with a conftown means that I'd probably give a
    slight
    edge to the town, ~55:45 imo (give or take 2.5%), which is within the acceptable balance margins even if it's slight townlean; if that's okay with you, then I would be okay with the setup.
    I could limit the town Tracker from Night 2 in order to take a bit of power away from town to get it closer to 50:50.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:47 am

Post by Greeting »

Or make the Tracker even Nights only.
    mastina
    mastina
    She/Her
    False Prophet
    mastina
    She/Her
    False Prophet
    False Prophet

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:57 am

Post by mastina »

If Tracker's the role you want limited thanks to its potential lategame power, a potential solution instead of gating the uses to X-shot or nonconsecutive-nights would be making it a N1/N2/N3 Tracker. (Night-Specific is a whitelisted modifier and you're allowed to make the nights be more than one, so N1/N2/N3 Tracker would be a Tracker allowed to act on N1, N2, and N3.)
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:29 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 20, mastina wrote:If Tracker's the role you want limited thanks to its potential lategame power, a potential solution instead of gating the uses to X-shot or nonconsecutive-nights would be making it a N1/N2/N3 Tracker. (Night-Specific is a whitelisted modifier and you're allowed to make the nights be more than one, so N1/N2/N3 Tracker would be a Tracker allowed to act on N1, N2, and N3.)
    That's a great idea. Would you consent to me limiting the Town Tracker to N1/N2/N3 in order to balance out the game to completion? I will make a summary post which will entail all the changes we discussed.

As for the alt rules, I decided that I will
    keep
    the rule, but without overly involving the MafiaScum administration. Players will be advised to claim truthfully about being an alt or having alts with me having the option (but not obligation) to force-replace anyone who refuses to submit such information or lies about it.
    Ircher
    Ircher
    He / Him / His
    What A Grand Idea
    Ircher
    He / Him / His
    What A Grand Idea
    What A Grand Idea

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sat Feb 05, 2022 1:19 pm

Post by Ircher »

In post 21, Greeting wrote:I will make a summary post which will entail all the changes we discussed.
    I think it will be better for you to repost everything just so we don't miss anything. mastina's comment implied that she would accept the setup, so you can go ahead and do that.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:04 am

Post by Greeting »

Mini Normal x setup

Game size

13 players

Town faction

10 town-aligned players

2 town-aligned players will have strong town PRs
    2 town-aligned players will have soft town PRs
    6 town-aligned players will be VTs

Strong town PRs: Town Cop, Town Tracker (N1/N2/N3)
    Soft town PRs: Town Neighborizer, Town Friendly Neighbor

Mafia faction

3 mafia-aligned players

2 mafia-aligned players will have strong mafia PRs
    1 mafia-aligned player will have a soft mafia PR

Strong mafia PRs: Mafia Roleblocker, Mafia Watcher
    Soft mafia PR: Mafia Mailman

Post #1:

Mini Normal x: Hits of 2012

Moderator:
    Greeting

Set-up designed by:
    Greeting

Back-up moderator:
    Reviewed by:

Welcome to Mini Normal x! The theme of this game will be the biggest music hits of the year 2012.

Carly Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe

I swear, this song,
    is
    2012. Every radio station in my country played it in summer. Everyone was so shook at the end of the music video too!

Player list:

• Player

• Playerinne

• Spoiler: Alive players
  • Player

• Spoiler: Dead players
  • Playerinne
    , a
    Vanilla Townie
    , voted out Day 1.

• Spoiler: Modkilled players
  • This is a list you don't want to be on.

• Events and vote counts:

• Post #2:

Rules

General rules:

1. The MafiaScum.net rules apply in full in this game, as they do elsewhere on MafiaScum.net and are to be applied directly in any matters not covered by this ruleset. I reserve the right to enforce site-wide rules in this game should I find any players breaking them, and ask the listmods for help when necessary.

1a. Should any player find any rules in this game be in conflict with site-wide rules, please PM me and I shall refer to the listmods to resolve the issue.

2. The rules specific to this game and the MafiaScum.net rules also apply in other threads which are part of the game (included, but not limited to: the Dead/Spectator thread, the Mafia thread, Private Threads should there be any), unless it is stated in the relevant thread that they don’t.

3. Play to achieve your winning role condition.

4. Do not discuss the content of this game anywhere outside the relevant game threads (included, but not limited to: this thread, the Dead/Spectator thread, the Mafia thread, or Private Threads should there be any).

5. Do not speak privately about the game anywhere except for places where it is explicitly allowed.

6. Do not directly quote any PMs sent to you regarding the game, unless it is explicitly allowed to do so.

7. Do not directly quote from any other game-related thread into this thread (examples: quoting from the Mafia thread into this thread or a Private Thread a player has into this thread).

7a. It is, however, allowed to quote directly from other games into this thread under the condition that the relevant game ended.

8. If you are dead in the game, you are no longer allowed to post in this thread. You will be provided with access to a Dead/Spectator thread, where you can comment on the game freely.

8a. If you want to make a “bah!” post, you must pre-send it to me for verification. You may post it only if you receive explicit consent from me to do so. If you want to maximize your chances of getting a “bah!” post accepted, ask yourself whether any game-relevant content could be drawn from it before submitting it for verification.

If you do not receive consent, you are not allowed to post it and doing so will be a serious violation of the rules. Please note that a “bah!” post is a privilege and not a right and should not be abused.

9. Please remember, at all times, that this is a game that is supposed provide an enjoyable experience for all. Mafia can get heated. Players will argue. This is all part of the mafia experience. However, you should be considerate of the feelings of others while posting and refrain from any actions that could turn this game into a hostile environment for anyone.

9a. Racism, homophobia, misogyny or any other form of discriminatory action is not allowed under any circumstances. Jokes and dark humor can be offensive, so if you are worried that a joke can cause offense, refrain from making it.

9b. Do your best to not misgender anyone. Use pronouns that are preferred by the player.

9c. Do not criticize a player’s character or characteristics. Criticize their behavior and, most preferably, in-game behavior instead.

Using meta on other players is allowed.

10. If, as a player, you believe that a rule was broken and I missed it, please PM me before commenting about it in the thread. I will get back to you and take action if necessary.

11. If you are playing on an alt account, you must reveal your main account and any other interconnected accounts upon another player’s request. If you refuse to answer twice or provide an untruthful answer, I may privately ask you to clarify. Failure to cooperate with me may result, at my discretion, in force replacement.

Game-specific information:

1. This game consists of 10 players aligned with the town faction and 3 players aligned with the mafia faction.

2. Day One lasts 10 days (216 hours).

3. Every next Day Phase lasts 7 days (168 hours), except for the phase in which the town faction should find themselves in ELo (“eliminate or lose”) should that happen in the course of this game – that Day Phase will last 5 days (120 hours).

4. Night Phase lasts 2 days (48 hours).

5. Day Phase ends early if 50% of players + 1 player come to a decision to vote out a single player. The game then enters twilight phase, which lasts until I announce the results of the Day Phase. Posting during the twilight phase is allowed, but no votes may be changed or cast. No votes changed or cast during twilight phase shall be counted as valid.

6. In case the Day Phase ends and there is no majority of votes on any single player, no player is voted out and Night Phase begins.

Voting and activity:

1. The proper voting format is VOTE: Greeting (use of the vote tag). You may also use bold tags, however, in that case, the format must be
    Vote: Greeting
    . Votes cannot be put in spoilers and should a player do so, the vote will not be counted as valid.

1a. I reserve the final right to determine whether a vote is valid or not and will use my best judgement in doing so.

2. Discussing replacements is allowed unless it is explicitly stated by me that it’s not.

3. Players must not make their posts unreadable. That includes, but is not limited to:

- excessive use of bright colors;

- using a very small font size;

- writing in a way that makes the text not readable for the naked eye (for example by using a black font that matches the site background).

4. I will use the color
    #0080FF
    in communication with others. I kindly ask you to refrain from using it and pick another color to avoid confusion.

5. Players must post at least once every 36 hours. Prods will be sent out when a player hasn’t posted with game-advancing content for at least 36 hours.

5a. Once a player receives a prod, they have 24 hours to respond. If they do not respond by posting game-advancing content, they will be replaced. If the player returns before I find a replacement, they may rejoin the game.

5b. Should a player receive a second prod, I will request explanation for the inactivity by PM, failure to provide a satisfactory explanation will result in replacement. If satisfactory explanation is provided, the player will be allowed to remain in the game, provided they resume posting game-advancing content.

5c. Third prods are unacceptable under any circumstances. A player who is to be prodded for the third time will be force-replaced from the game and not allowed to return.

5d. Should a player be due to receive a prod during Night Phase (example: they haven’t posted for 36 hours and then players decide to hammer), they are required to post within the first 12 hours of the next Day Phase. Should they fail to do so, they will be prodded.

6. V/LA is allowed for up to 5 days (120 hours). If you plan on going on V/LA for longer than 120 hours, please PM me requesting replacement. Things happen in real-life and I will understand that.

Private Threads:

1. Regardless of role or alignment, you may request a Private Thread where you can make notes for the game at any time and I will provide you with such. You may not have more than one Private Thread. Having access to a Mafia thread or any other game-related thread you share with other players does not count as having a Private Thread for the purpose of this rule.

2. As a repeat from 7. of “Game-specific rules and information”, you are not allowed to copy from the Private Thread into the game thread.

3. The reverse of 2. above is allowed. You may quote content from this thread into a Private Thread.

4. After the game is over, you will have 48 hours to request redactions or ask for your Private Thread not to be released. Failure to act will result in your Private Thread being released with no redactions.

5. The Mafia thread and the Dead thread, as a rule, will be released upon endgame without redactions. You may request redactions in private before endgame, however you must provide reasonable explanation for your request and the request may be denied.

6. Discussing the existence or non-existence of potential Private Threads is allowed.

Miscellaneous:

1. Players are allowed to claim mafia individually when town-aligned if they feel like it will aid their team in achieving your role condition. Players are not allowed to claim mafia with other players.

2. If a player has a PR, town or mafia, the choice whether to use their role or nor is entirely up to them. No prods regarding role usage will be sent out during Night Phase (or Day Phase, should the game setup involve any roles used during Day Phase).

3. Do not pretend to break the rules. Pretending to break the rules is against the rules.

4. Rules may change during the game, but only in exceptional circumstances. Should that happen, the players will receive an obligatory notification about this occurrence both via PM and by a mod announcement in the game thread.

5. Per Mini Normal Game rules, hydras are not allowed.

6. The mafia have day talk.

Town Role PMs

You are a
    Vanilla Townie

Excerpt from the rules:

If you are playing on an alt account, you must reveal your main account and any other interconnected accounts upon another player’s request. If you refuse to answer twice or provide an untruthful answer, I may privately ask you to clarify. Failure to cooperate with me may result in force replacement.

You are a
    Town Cop

In addition, every Night Phase you may target a player of your choice. Assuming no interference, you will be told whether they are aligned with the
    town
    or with the
    mafia

Excerpt from the rules:

If you are playing on an alt account, you must reveal your main account and any other interconnected accounts upon another player’s request. If you refuse to answer twice or provide an untruthful answer, I may privately ask you to clarify. Failure to cooperate with me may result, at my discretion, in force replacement.

You are a
    Town Tracker

In addition, only on Night Phases 1, 2 and 3 you may target a player of your choice. Assuming no interference, you will be told whom that player targeted that night.

Excerpt from the rules:

If you are playing on an alt account, you must reveal your main account and any other interconnected accounts upon another player’s request. If you refuse to answer twice or provide an untruthful answer, I may privately ask you to clarify. Failure to cooperate with me may result, at my discretion, in force replacement.

You are a
    Town Neighborizer

In addition, on one chosen Night Phase you may target a player. Assuming no interference, that player will be informed of your role and you will receive access to a Private Thread with them where both of you can talk for as long as you are alive in the game. This action does not influence the role or alignment of the player you target and you will not learn of either. Should there be interference with your role, you may re-use it on another chosen Night Phase until you succeed.

Excerpt from the rules:

You are a
    Town Friendly Neighbor

In addition, every Night Phase you may target a player of your choice. Assuming no interference, that player will receive the following message "
    Player
    is aligned with the town".

Excerpt from the rules:

Mafia Role PMs

You are a
    Mafia Roleblocker

In addition, every Night Phase you may target a player of your choice. If that player has a power role and used it that night, they will be roleblocked. You will not receive any feedback as to whether you were successful or not.

Excerpt from the rules:

You are a
    Mafia Watcher

In addition, every Night Phase you may target a player of your choice. Assuming no interference, you will learn whom, if anyone, targeted that player that night.

Excerpt from the rules:

You are a
    Mafia Mailman

In addition, every Night Phase you may target a player of your choice. You may send them a message. The player will be informed that the message came from a Mailman but not of the Mailman's alignment. The player will also be allowed to quote the contents of the message directly into the game thread. Please note that all game-specific and MafiaScum.net rules apply to the content of the message. If you fail to submit a message that does not conflict with either the game-specific or MafiaScum.net rules, it will be rejected and you will be deemed to not have used your role.

Excerpt from the rules:

Ircher
    Ircher
    He / Him / His
    What A Grand Idea
    Ircher
    He / Him / His
    What A Grand Idea
    What A Grand Idea

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:39 am

Post by Ircher »

Rule 6 under Miscellaneous (about day talk) should go under game-specific information. Also, your ruleset is very long. You may want to consider having a summary of the essential points somewhere as people don't tend to read long rulesets. Most experienced players skim or skip everything that isn't a setup-specific rule. Another option would be bolding your more unusual or important rules.

This is minor, but in the town's win condition, it should read "You win when there
    are
    no more mafia..."

For the tracker pm, the role name should read as "Town N1 N2 N3 Tracker". The role should flip as such as well. I would delete "only" from the sentence that mentions the night phases in the tracker pm.

I think you are a bit confused about how a neighborizer works. I'm a bit short on time rn, so I'll clarify later. Alternatively, you can look at the wiki page for neighborizer.

Technically speaking, mafia have to have a member alive to win in normals. (Your current win condition doesn't reflect this.) This is less of a concern though in a mini where the only time that may not be the case is with a vig, but it's good to not inadvertently give away info about the setup.

In the mailman role pm: "The player will also be allowed to quote the contents of the message directly into the game thread." --> Please delete this. This is too risky for game integrity purposes. You can probably allow copy-paste but not quoting.

Return to “Completed Game Reviews”