What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:52 am

Post by Ircher »

We also need result pms for the cop, tracker, and watcher.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Hosting: The Grand Neighborhood [Ongoing]
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:10 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 24, Ircher wrote:Rule 6 under Miscellaneous (about day talk) should go under game-specific information. Also, your ruleset is very long. You may want to consider having a summary of the essential points somewhere as people don't tend to read long rulesets. Most experienced players skim or skip everything that isn't a setup-specific rule. Another option would be bolding your more unusual or important rules.
You are right, 6. from Miscellaneous should go there.

As for the ruleset being too long, I say
ignorantia juris non excusat
. I can agree that they're longer than most rulesets I've seen, but I don't see any room for slimming them down. I could try to rephrase what has already been said in a shorter way and bold the most important rules.

I can change the order and put "Game-specific information" above "General rules" too.
In post 24, Ircher wrote:This is minor, but in the town's win condition, it should read "You win when there
are
no more mafia..."
Noted.
In post 24, Ircher wrote:For the tracker pm, the role name should read as "Town N1 N2 N3 Tracker". The role should flip as such as well. I would delete "only" from the sentence that mentions the night phases in the tracker pm.
Noted.
In post 24, Ircher wrote:I think you are a bit confused about how a neighborizer works. I'm a bit short on time rn, so I'll clarify later. Alternatively, you can look at the wiki page for neighborizer.
I'll wait for you to clarify what you mean.
In post 24, Ircher wrote:Technically speaking, mafia have to have a member alive to win in normals. (Your current win condition doesn't reflect this.) This is less of a concern though in a mini where the only time that may not be the case is with a vig, but it's good to not inadvertently give away info about the setup.
It is mechanically impossible for there to be no players left in the game, but if you think that's important to not give that out then I'll make sure to include this.
In post 24, Ircher wrote:In the mailman role pm: "The player will also be allowed to quote the contents of the message directly into the game thread." --> Please delete this. This is too risky for game integrity purposes. You can probably allow copy-paste but not quoting.
Noted.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:22 am

Post by Greeting »

Town Cop Night x result:

Player
is aligned with the
town

Player
is aligned with the
mafia

(Roleblocked)

The request yielded no result.

Town Tracker Night x result:

Player
targeted
Playerinne

Player
targeted no one.

(Roleblocked)

Mafia Watcher Night x result:

Player
was targeted by
Playerinne

Player
was targeted by no one.

(Roleblocked - it is technically possible to happen)

Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:47 am

Post by Ircher »

Okay, a neighborizer in a normal game has the following characteristics:

1) They start with no others in their neighborhood.
2) They can add a player to their neighborhood each night. Players added after the first are added to the same neighborhood not a different one.
3) The neighborizer action doesn't fail if the player is killed.

Your description is quite a bit different. If you want a neighborizer to only recruit one player, you would have to make it one shot. Unfortunately, there is not a way in normal games to refund shots if their action fails. If you want the target player to specifically know who neighborized them, that's not exactly normal either, but you can come pretty close by making the neighborizer loud. (They would receive a separate message that X targeted them last night in addition to the standard "You have been invited to a neighborhood" message. If you go that route, make sure the two messages are sent separately and not as a combined message.)
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:57 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 28, Ircher wrote:Okay, a neighborizer in a normal game has the following characteristics:

2) They can add a player to their neighborhood each night. Players added after the first are added to the same neighborhood not a different one.

Your description is quite a bit different. If you want a neighborizer to only recruit one player, you would have to make it one shot. Unfortunately, there is not a way in normal games to refund shots if their action fails. If you want the target player to specifically know who neighborized them, that's not exactly normal either, but you can come pretty close by making the neighborizer loud. (They would receive a separate message that X targeted them last night in addition to the standard "You have been invited to a neighborhood" message. If you go that route, make sure the two messages are sent separately and not as a combined message.)
I understand. Would a one-shot Neighborizer
without
refunds be okay then?

And it kinda makes no sense to not let know the neighborized know who targeted them. I mean, they will get a PT link and by clicking on it, they will know who's in there. If there's just two players in the Neighbourhood, then it's kinda obvious to both parties whom is the Neighborizer and whom is the neighborized.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:01 am

Post by Greeting »

Note to myself:

Correct 2. from section "Private Threads" - change "Game-specific rules and information" to "General rules".
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:57 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 29, Greeting wrote:
In post 28, Ircher wrote:Okay, a neighborizer in a normal game has the following characteristics:

I understand. Would a one-shot Neighborizer
without
refunds be okay then?

And it kinda makes no sense to not let know the neighborized know who targeted them. I mean, they will get a PT link and by clicking on it, they will know who's in there. If there's just two players in the Neighbourhood, then it's kinda obvious to both parties whom is the Neighborizer and whom is the neighborized.
@mastina?
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:32 am

Post by mastina »

1x Neighborizer is fine for balance imo. It already exists as a bit of an extra role to bolster the town's strength without making them overpowered, so gating it does not impact its strengths.

Can you do another, updated, post of:
-Roles
-Results
-Rules

So that I can give the updated versions a look?
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:55 am

Post by Greeting »

Mini Normal x setup

Game size

13 players

Town faction

10 town-aligned players

2 town-aligned players will have strong town PRs
2 town-aligned players will have soft town PRs
6 town-aligned players will be VTs

Strong town PRs: Town Cop, Town N1/N2/N3 Tracker
Soft town PRs: Town Neighborizer (one-shot), Town Friendly Neighbor

Mafia faction

3 mafia-aligned players

2 mafia-aligned players will have strong mafia PRs
1 mafia-aligned player will have a soft mafia PR

Strong mafia PRs: Mafia Roleblocker, Mafia Watcher
Soft mafia PR: Mafia Mailman

Post #1:

Mini Normal x: Hits of 2012

Moderator:
Greeting

Set-up designed by:
Greeting

Back-up moderator:
Reviewed by:

Welcome to Mini Normal x! The theme of this game will be the biggest music hits of the year 2012.

Carly Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe

I swear, this song,
is
2012. Every radio station in my country played it in summer. Everyone was so shook at the end of the music video too!

Player list:

• Player

• Playerinne

• Spoiler: Alive players
  • Player

• Spoiler: Dead players
  • Playerinne
    , a
    Vanilla Townie
    , voted out Day 1.

• Spoiler: Modkilled players
  • This is a list you don't want to be on.

• Events and vote counts:

• Post #2:

Rules

Game-specific information:

1. This game consists of 10 players aligned with the town faction and 3 players aligned with the mafia faction.

2. Day One lasts 10 days (216 hours). Every next Day Phase lasts 7 days (168 hours), except for the phase in which the town faction should find themselves in ELo (“eliminate or lose”) should that happen in the course of this game – that Day Phase will last 5 days (120 hours).

3. Night Phase lasts 2 days (48 hours).

4. Day Phase ends early if 50% of players + 1 player come to a decision to vote out a single player. The game then enters twilight phase, which lasts until I announce the results of the Day Phase. Posting during the twilight phase is allowed, but no votes may be changed or cast. No votes changed or cast during twilight phase shall be counted as valid.

5. In case the Day Phase ends and there is no majority of votes on any single player, no player is voted out and Night Phase begins.

6. The mafia have day talk.

General rules:

1. The MafiaScum.net rules apply in full in this game, as they do elsewhere on MafiaScum.net and are to be applied directly in any matters not covered by this ruleset. I reserve the right to enforce site-wide rules in this game should I find any players breaking them, and ask the listmods for help when necessary. Should any player find any rules in this game be in conflict with site-wide rules, please PM me and I shall refer to the listmods to resolve the issue.

2. The rules specific to this game and the MafiaScum.net rules also apply in other threads which are part of the game (included, but not limited to: the Dead/Spectator thread, the Mafia thread, Private Threads should there be any), unless it is stated in the relevant thread that they don’t.

3. Play to achieve your winning role condition.

4. Do not discuss the content of this game anywhere outside the relevant game threads (included, but not limited to: this thread, the Dead/Spectator thread, the Mafia thread, or Private Threads should there be any).

5. Do not speak privately about the game anywhere except for places where it is explicitly allowed.

6. Do not directly quote any PMs sent to you regarding the game, unless it is explicitly allowed to do so.

7. Do not directly quote from any other game-related thread into this thread (examples: quoting from the Mafia thread into this thread or a Private Thread a player has into this thread). It is, however, allowed to quote directly from other games into this thread under the condition that the relevant game ended.

8. If you are dead in the game, you are no longer allowed to post in this thread. You will be provided with access to a Dead/Spectator thread, where you can comment on the game freely.

8a. If you want to make a “bah!” post, you must pre-send it to me for verification. You may post it only if you receive explicit consent from me to do so. If you want to maximize your chances of getting a “bah!” post accepted, ask yourself whether any game-relevant content could be drawn from it before submitting it for verification.

If you do not receive consent, you are not allowed to post it and doing so will be a serious violation of the rules. Please note that a “bah!” post is a privilege and not a right and should not be abused.

9. Please remember, at all times, that this is a game that is supposed provide an enjoyable experience for all. Mafia can get heated. Players will argue. This is all part of the mafia experience. However, you should be considerate of the feelings of others while posting and refrain from any actions that could turn this game into a hostile environment for anyone.

9a. Racism, homophobia, misogyny or any other form of discriminatory action is not allowed under any circumstances. Jokes and dark humor can be offensive, so if you are worried that a joke can cause offense, refrain from making it.

9b. Do your best to not misgender anyone. Use pronouns that are preferred by the player.

9c. Do not criticize a player’s character or characteristics. Criticize their behavior and, most preferably, in-game behavior instead.

Using meta on other players is allowed.

10. If, as a player, you believe that a rule was broken and I missed it, please PM me before commenting about it in the thread. I will get back to you and take action if necessary.

11. If you are playing on an alt account, you must reveal your main account and any other interconnected accounts upon another player’s request. If you refuse to answer twice or provide an untruthful answer, I may privately ask you to clarify. Failure to cooperate with me may result, at my discretion, in force replacement.

Voting and activity:

1. The proper voting format is VOTE: Greeting (use of the vote tag). You may also use bold tags, however, in that case, the format must be
    Vote: Greeting
    . Votes cannot be put in spoilers and should a player do so, the vote will not be counted as valid.

1a. I reserve the final right to determine whether a vote is valid or not and will use my best judgement in doing so.

2. Discussing replacements is allowed unless it is explicitly stated by me that it’s not.

3. Players must not make their posts unreadable. That includes, but is not limited to:

- excessive use of bright colors;

- using a very small font size;

- writing in a way that makes the text not readable for the naked eye (for example by using a black font that matches the site background).

4. I will use the color
    #0080FF
    in communication with others. I kindly ask you to refrain from using it and pick another color to avoid confusion.

5. Players must post at least once every 36 hours. Prods will be sent out when a player hasn’t posted with game-advancing content for at least 36 hours.

5a. Once a player receives a prod, they have 24 hours to respond. If they do not respond by posting game-advancing content, they will be replaced. If the player returns before I find a replacement, they may rejoin the game.

5b. Should a player receive a second prod, I will request explanation for the inactivity by PM, failure to provide a satisfactory explanation will result in replacement. If satisfactory explanation is provided, the player will be allowed to remain in the game, provided they resume posting game-advancing content.

5c. Third prods are unacceptable under any circumstances. A player who is to be prodded for the third time will be force-replaced from the game and not allowed to return

5d. Should a player be due to receive a prod during Night Phase (example: they haven’t posted for 36 hours and then players decide to hammer), they are required to post within the first 12 hours of the next Day Phase. Should they fail to do so, they will be prodded.

6. V/LA is allowed for up to 5 days (120 hours). If you plan on going on V/LA for longer than 120 hours, please PM me requesting replacement. Things happen in real-life and I will understand that.

Private Threads:

1. You may request a Private Thread where you can make notes for the game at any time and I will provide you with such. You may not have more than one Private Thread. Having access to a Mafia thread or any other game-related thread you share with other players does not count as having a Private Thread for the purpose of this rule.

2. As a repeat from 7. of “General rules”, you are not allowed to copy from the Private Thread into the game thread.

3. The reverse of 2. above is allowed. You may quote content from this thread into a Private Thread.

4. After the game is over, you will have 48 hours to request redactions or ask for your Private Thread not to be released. Failure to act will result in your Private Thread being released with no redactions.

5. The Mafia thread and the Dead thread, as a rule, will be released upon endgame without redactions. You may request redactions in private before endgame, however you must provide reasonable explanation for your request and the request may be denied.

6. Discussing the existence or non-existence of potential Private Threads is allowed.

Miscellaneous:

1. Players are allowed to claim mafia individually when town-aligned if they feel like it will aid their team in achieving your role condition. Players are not allowed to claim mafia with other players.

2. If a player has a PR, town or mafia, the choice whether to use their role or nor is entirely up to them. No prods regarding role usage will be sent out during Night Phase (or Day Phase, should the game setup involve any roles used during Day Phase).

3. Do not pretend to break the rules. Pretending to break the rules is against the rules.

4. Rules may change during the game, but only in exceptional circumstances. Should that happen, the players will receive an obligatory notification about this occurrence both via PM and by a mod announcement in the game thread.

5. Per Mini Normal Game rules, hydras are not allowed

Town Role PMs

Welcome to Mini Normal x!

You are a
    Vanilla Townie

Every Day Phase you may cast a vote to eliminate a player whom you think is aligned with the mafia.

You win when there are no more mafia-aligned players alive and there is at least one town-aligned player in the game.

Please respond and confirm your role and alignment and also that you acknowledge the game's rules with regard to alt accounts.

Excerpt from the rules:

If you are playing on an alt account, you must reveal your main account and any other interconnected accounts upon another player’s request. If you refuse to answer twice or provide an untruthful answer, I may privately ask you to clarify. Failure to cooperate with me may result in force replacement.

You are a
    Town Cop

Every Day Phase you may cast a vote to eliminate a player whom you think is aligned with the mafia.
    In addition, every Night Phase you may target a player of your choice. Assuming no interference, you will be told whether they are aligned with the
    town
    or with the
    mafia

You win when there are no more mafia-aligned players alive and there is at least one town-aligned player in the game.

Please respond and confirm your role and alignment and also that you acknowledge the game's rules with regard to alt accounts.

Excerpt from the rules:

If you are playing on an alt account, you must reveal your main account and any other interconnected accounts upon another player’s request. If you refuse to answer twice or provide an untruthful answer, I may privately ask you to clarify. Failure to cooperate with me may result, at my discretion, in force replacement.

You are a
    Town N1/N2/N3 Tracker

In addition, on Night Phases 1, 2 and 3 you may target a player of your choice. Assuming no interference, you will be told whom that player targeted that night.

Excerpt from the rules:

If you are playing on an alt account, you must reveal your main account and any other interconnected accounts upon another player’s request. If you refuse to answer twice or provide an untruthful answer, I may privately ask you to clarify. Failure to cooperate with me may result, at my discretion, in force replacement.

You are a
    Town Neighborizer (one-shot)

In addition, on one chosen Night Phase you may target a player. Assuming no interference, you and the player you targeted will receive access to a Private Thread where both of you can talk for as long as you are alive in the game. This action does not influence the role or alignment of the player. Should there be interference with your role, you may not re-use it.

Excerpt from the rules:

You are a
    Town Friendly Neighbor

In addition, every Night Phase you may target a player of your choice. Assuming no interference, that player will receive the following message "
    Player
    is aligned with the town".

Excerpt from the rules:

Mafia Role PMs

You are a
    Mafia Roleblocker

Every Day Phase you may mislead town into eliminating a fellow townie.
    In addition, every Night Phase you may target a player of your choice. If that player has a power role and used it that night, they will be roleblocked. You will not receive any feedback as to whether you were successful or not.

You win when the mafia-aligned players constitute a majority of all players in the game or there is an equal amount of mafia-aligned players and town-aligned players or there is nothing to stop it from happening. In order for you to win, at least one mafia-aligned player must remain alive in the game.

Excerpt from the rules:

You are a
    Mafia Watcher

In addition, every Night Phase you may target a player of your choice. Assuming no interference, you will learn whom, if anyone, targeted that player that night.

You win when the mafia-aligned players constitute a majority of all players in the game or there is an equal amount of mafia-aligned players and town-aligned players or there is nothing to stop it from happening. In order for you to win, at least one mafia-aligned player must remain alive in the game.

Excerpt from the rules:

You are a
    Mafia Mailman

In addition, every Night Phase you may target a player of your choice. You may send them a message. The player will be informed that the message came from a Mailman but not of the Mailman's alignment. Please note that all game-specific and MafiaScum.net rules apply to the content of the message. If you fail to submit a message that does not conflict with either the game-specific or MafiaScum.net rules, it will be rejected and you will be deemed to not have used your role.

Excerpt from the rules:

Possible Night Action Results for investigative roles

Town Cop Night x result:

Player
    is aligned with the
    town

Player
    is aligned with the
    mafia

(Roleblocked)

Town N1/N2/N3 Tracker Night x result:

Player
    targeted
    Playerinne

Player
    targeted no one.

(Roleblocked)

Mafia Watcher Night x result:

Player
    was targeted by
    Playerinne

Player
    was targeted by no one.

(Roleblocked - it is technically possible to happen)

Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:01 am

Post by Greeting »

Summary of changes:

- updated role names of Tracker and Neighborizer;
    - updated the Mafia Mailman role;
    - updated the Town Tracker role (by removing "only" per Ircher's suggestion);
    - updated the Town Neighborizer (one-shot) role;
    - updated mafia winning condition;
    - made a few changes to the rules (not the content, but deleted a few points and merged them with others), bolded the most important ones;
    - changed the order - "Game-specific information" went above "General rules";
    - changed 2. of "Private Threads" accordingly to .
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:13 am

Post by Greeting »

Possible Night Action related PMs from the remaining PRs

Town Neighborizer (one-shot):

(for the Neighborizer)

Player
    has been recruited into your Neighborhood, located here: (link)

(for the neighborized)

You have been recruited into a Neighborhood, located here: (link)

(if Roleblocked)

Your action failed.

Town Friendly Neighbor:

(for the Friendly Neighbor target)

You have received the following message:
    Player
    is aligned with the
    town

(if Roleblocked, nothing happens)

Mafia Mailman:

You have been visited by a mysterious Mailman, who sent you the following message:
    The Mailman wrote:
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.

(if Roleblocked, nothing happens)
    implosion
    implosion
    he/him
    Polymath
    implosion
    he/him
    Polymath
    Polymath
    Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:24 pm

Post by implosion »

Turns out that all the mods up to you are actually unavailable right now, so this will enter signups once it's ready.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:02 pm

Post by Greeting »

Awesome! :D
    Ircher
    Ircher
    He / Him / His
    What A Grand Idea
    Ircher
    He / Him / His
    What A Grand Idea
    What A Grand Idea

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:22 am

Post by Ircher »

The neighborizer should not be directly informed if their action fails (though they can certainly infer as much), but everything else looks fine to me.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:18 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 38, Ircher wrote:The neighborizer should not be directly informed if their action fails (though they can certainly infer as much), but everything else looks fine to me.
    Why?

I will remove it, but I’d like you to elaborate on why that is.
    Ircher
    Ircher
    He / Him / His
    What A Grand Idea
    Ircher
    He / Him / His
    What A Grand Idea
    What A Grand Idea

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:40 am

Post by Ircher »

It's the way things are on this site. Roles generally aren't informed their action failed unless they specifically get a result of some sort. Like for the neighborizer, sure, they'll know something is up when the person they targeted isn't in the neighborhood, but it's up to them to make that deduction. You risk accidentally giving away information you shouldn't. (To be clear here, I'm not saying this is usually the case or necessarily the case here, but it can happen.)

Also, for normal games, it is important that things like action resolution is standardized. This ensures a consistent set of expectations from players. As already mentioned, the current standard is that neighborizers don't get notified if their action fails. Deviating from the established standards can influence the way players perceive the setup and the deductions they make about it.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:39 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 40, Ircher wrote:It's the way things are on this site. Roles generally aren't informed their action failed unless they specifically get a result of some sort. Like for the neighborizer, sure, they'll know something is up when the person they targeted isn't in the neighborhood, but it's up to them to make that deduction. You risk accidentally giving away information you shouldn't. (To be clear here, I'm not saying this is usually the case or necessarily the case here, but it can happen.)

Also, for normal games, it is important that things like action resolution is standardized. This ensures a consistent set of expectations from players. As already mentioned, the current standard is that neighborizers don't get notified if their action fails. Deviating from the established standards can influence the way players perceive the setup and the deductions they make about it.
    Alright, thanks. Although I privately would rather give out that information as I don't think there's much harm done and, as a player, would appreciate the clarity, I can accept that this is a Normal and should bend more towards what is generally expected. Hopefully, I'll be allowed more freedom in the Mini Theme queue in the future.

Town Neighborizer (one-shot) will not receive any information upon being Roleblocked.

@mastina waiting for your

Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:47 am

Post by Greeting »

Flips

Day x result

Player
    was eliminated!
    Player
    was a
    Vanilla Townie

It is now Night x. It will last until (timer).

Night x result

Player
    was killed!
    Player
    was a
    Town N1/N2/N3 Tracker

It is now Day x. It will last until (timer).
    mastina
    mastina
    She/Her
    False Prophet
    mastina
    She/Her
    False Prophet
    False Prophet

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:03 pm

Post by mastina »

You are a Town Neighborizer (one-shot).
    Speaking of site standards, the site standard format for this would be modifier first, outside of parentheses:

Town One-Shot Neighborizer.

Make that change to that role and you're good to go.
    implosion
    implosion
    he/him
    Polymath
    implosion
    he/him
    Polymath
    Polymath
    Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:16 am

Post by implosion »

Thanks. That's simple enough that I'm calling this passed and officially putting it in signups.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:56 pm

Post by Greeting »

Thank you, both mastina and Ircher for your help!
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:40 pm

Post by Greeting »

Just letting you know that 2. in "Voting and activity" will be amended to make sure it does not come in conflict with the site rules.

Here is how it looks like now:

Discussing replacements is allowed unless it is explicitly stated by me that it’s not.

Here is the new version:

Discussing replacements is allowed only after they happen. It is not allowed to discuss any possible future replacements, to threaten to replace or ask another player to replace out.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 3:48 am

Post by Greeting »

Upon deeper consideration, I will remove the rules on "bah!" posts. Given that this is my prerogative as mod, I have decided against allowing these after all.

That means that 8a. from "General rules" will be removed.
    mastina
    mastina
    She/Her
    False Prophet
    mastina
    She/Her
    False Prophet
    False Prophet

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:19 pm

Post by mastina »

Hey, so I am reading the game, and the players keep mentioning that they can't get the mod to clarify the difference between a mailman message and a friendly neighbor message.

But, per NRG standards, the two are in fact completely different.
    mastina
    mastina
    She/Her
    False Prophet
    mastina
    She/Her
    False Prophet
    False Prophet

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:25 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 48, mastina wrote:Hey, so I am reading the game, and the players keep mentioning that they can't get the mod to clarify the difference between a mailman message and a friendly neighbor message.

But, per NRG standards, the two are in fact completely different.
    As in, they should know and be informed that the fn is unambiguously a fn, not a messenger, and vice versa, too.

If they are confused, and ask for clarity, it should be given.

Return to “Completed Game Reviews”