He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2200 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:42 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2181, tictac wrote:
In post 2149, MathBlade wrote:
In post 2139, ShadowGirl wrote:I'm of a similar mind to agree with Roden in his post about his points as to DkKoba being town, which is that the D2 play felt early if scum (rather than why not do it D3, for instance?), and that I think it's a combination of that scum might be hoping town votes them out because of the paradox of "how can they be alive if they're town" and due to my thoughts in my longer previous posts about what their reads were on certain players and how scum likely wanted them around to push them those people. DkKoba as scum is not something that is entirely out of the realm of possibilities, but in general, I still prefer the resolution of the 1vs1 of me/NM to be done today rather than to be left for ELO, because that route feels safer for town rather than for instance potentially mislimming the town rolecop. And NM scum to me is something that I feel far more certain about than any other possibilities.
I fail to see how the day has any relevance. 2 masons a vig and a rolecop (ungated) vs any scum set up can’t exist
Vs
2 masons a vig vs rolecop makes for a mighty fine setup.
3 masons 3 goon is the balance in 13p, this is 12p.
Assume for a moment I am scum, then if Tic Tac is town then TicTac is telling you the truth then that 3 masons is the balance for 13p. Which then go back to my prior point which is valid regardless of if I am scum or not.

The only way my setup spec would be invalid is if both I and tictac are scum together.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2201 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:45 am

Post by MathBlade »

Now in regards to D2. Assume DkKoba flips scum instead.
Dwlee has an unverifiable doctor claim and having been pushed by Koba, Dwlee then kills one mason and claims “oops guarded the other”.

DkKoba winning that dilemma AND top scumspect dying and being able to get another check off to get Enchant’s modifier means scum wanted HEM dead.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2202 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:58 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

In post 2198, Roden wrote:Shadow why are you so convinced NM is scum?

Math why are you so convinced Koba is scum?
It's essentially the entire progression of the slot:
Chaos:
In post 1955, ShadowGirl wrote:
In post 634, ShadowGirl wrote:
ChaosOmega
In post 429, ChaosOmega wrote:VOTE: GuiltyLion E-2

I also scumread NK15, the tone in their posting feels fabricated almost to the point like I'm reading a robot. The hyperfocus on the 1 scum/1 traitor thing is silly. It feels really unlikely that GL and NK15 are partnered given NK15's shift onto the wagon, so I think I'm wrong on at least one of my top reads here.
E-2 vote on GL while scumreading NK15 who hasn’t posted in many pages. Would it not make sense to withhold vote and get more info from people (particularly inactive) before an elimination? Also, if NK15 is your scumread, then you should field some question his way as well? Also gives an easy out if GL flips town and to move onto NK15 D2 that what you're sure of is that you have at least one read wrong.
Obviously now with hindsight of alignments, we know both of these players were town alignment. So if GL got voted out D1 they could just say they were wrong about them and go right to NK15.

They then voted Gamma based what is similar to their own reason of being able to pivot from a GL town flip:
In post 617, ChaosOmega wrote:VOTE: Gamma

The L-1 vote with no conviction even though he's mentioned GL as a suspect reads bad, like he knows GL will flip town and is already trying to pivot. It coming right after GL's post that my vote is +town for bravery is a funny juxtaposition. Have to go, will be back on later tonight.
They then pretty heavily lurked, which finally culminated on a compromise vote on Meuh but it didn't seem like they really believed in it/scumread them, so it's an easy out when Meuh flips town.
In post 1344, ChaosOmega wrote:Apologies, life events have not lined up well with this game. If I need to be prodded again, I'm going to ask for replacement.

It looks like the wagons are between Meuh and HEM and no one's interested in Gamma/Enchant, so I'll make my vote useful.

VOTE: Meuh
Greeting:

In general, the entirety of D2 was basic mechtalk, and gave zero actual reads on anyone, which then extended onto D3.
In post 1926, ShadowGirl wrote:Greeting pushed Dwlee based no actual read information. They could not give me any reasoning as to why they believed DkKoba's claim, as if they knew Dwlee was going to flip scum and could be certain of the town cred so they had no need to actually say anything.
There's no need to actually give any reads information on Dwlee, because whatever they might say can be picked apart as to whether it feels like a genuine thought or not, and they know that the flip itself will 'vindicate' them because their scum partner, Dwlee will flip scum.

NM:

Have they actually posted any productive content since they have replaced in? It feels like they border on a troll account as it is, but if they were town they could give even... a little bit to try and be productive.

And given the game state of the stall:
In post 2167, ShadowGirl wrote:I don't see how me and NM could be TvsT when I have basically staked my life on this flip. The easy route if NM was also town was for NM to get voted out and I nearly for certain would get voted out the following day. (Or vice versa of me getting voted out as town today, but it's a much a stronger case to leave me and vote me out the following day given how adamant I've been about NM's slot). I don't see how NM isn't in the scum team given the current stall of wagons. So even if you do think it's DkKoba in the scum team, it still is safer play as town to go after NM first (if I get voted out today).
A greater elaboration about NM+tictac is at #2022. In light of the competing wagons that were happening (tictac's vote on MathBlade, now the DkKoba wagon created by MathBlade, or DkKoba saying they would be interested in a tictac wagon), basically everyone has the incentive for 1) NM not to get voted out today and/or 2) for the resolution of NM/me not to happen today and leave this uncertain situation for the following day and then + bonus of mislimming a different town. So I know it could be NM + someone else, but I don't see how NM is not included in the pair. As long as this post is I tried to keep it concise, but if you just ISO me I have greater elaborated on my thoughts on this slot, or I'm happy to speak more on a particular point.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2203 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:02 am

Post by MathBlade »

Roden I really think Shadow is town. I disagree that the NM read should be so strong because TicTac seems more likely scum than NM.

I think Shadow is incorrect town but it’s possible Shadow is correct it’s DkKoba + NM and that explain the bus to get enough credibility in case NM gets policied. I would compromise on NM or Tictac but much prefer Koba.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2204 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:37 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

@MathBlade: If it is DkKoba, in N2, why does unconfirmed town HEM die over confirmed Roden, who similarly believed (as of what they were saying in D2) that DkKoba's D2 play could have been fake?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2205 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:46 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2201, MathBlade wrote:Now in regards to D2. Assume DkKoba flips scum instead.
Dwlee has an unverifiable doctor claim and having been pushed by Koba, Dwlee then kills one mason and claims “oops guarded the other”.

DkKoba winning that dilemma AND top scumspect dying and being able to get another check off to get Enchant’s modifier means scum wanted HEM dead.
Because Roden also wanted Enchant and a pocketed mason means you don’t have to focus on defense. They will push your miselims for you. At this point Koba clearly didn’t know Enchant was a vig whatever their alignment hence the check. But Koba scum would know Enchant is town and therefore Roden would have wrong reads. HEM wouldn’t.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2206 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:25 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

In post 2205, MathBlade wrote:Because Roden also wanted Enchant and a pocketed mason means you don’t have to focus on defense. They will push your miselims for you. At this point Koba clearly didn’t know Enchant was a vig whatever their alignment hence the check. But Koba scum would know Enchant is town and therefore Roden would have wrong reads. HEM wouldn’t.
But based on D2, I don't feel like Roden was pocketed at all at that time. So DkKoba as scum is taking a gamble on it being 50/50 that a confirmed town wants to go either after them or Enchant on D3, assuming that their check on Enchant was indeed done on N2. And if DkKoba is scum, do you have any speculation about who they would have rolecopped on N1? Since in this scenario they're not investigating Dwlee on N1.
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2207 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:41 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

Deadline is in the middle of the night for me, so I won't be around for that... and given that we've had 2 replacements in this Day, and NM is about to be prodded for inactivity for the second time, I think it might be reasonable to ask for an extension?
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #2208 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:55 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Not_Mafia has been prodded for inactivity
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #2209 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:56 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

[2] ShadowGirl: DkKoba, tictac
[2] Not_Mafia: ShadowGirl, Not_Mafia
[2] DkKoba: MathBlade, Enchant

[1] Not voting: Roden

With 7 players alive, 4 votes are needed for an elimination.

D3: deadline: (expired on 2022-04-15 04:25:15)
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2210 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:59 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

I guess it doesn't hurt to just ask:
Mod, can we get a small extension on deadline?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #2211 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:15 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

God damn it Roden, can someone concisely summarise this koba mech-clear/guilty please because I've seen both whilst skimming
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2212 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:16 pm

Post by Enchant »

In post 2211, Not_Mafia wrote:God damn it Roden, can someone concisely summarise this koba mech-clear/guilty please because I've seen both whilst skimming
Ha-ha like i believe you read anything.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #2213 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:20 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Sometimes the words accidentally enter my field of vision
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2214 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:29 pm

Post by Enchant »

In post 2211, Not_Mafia wrote:God damn it Roden, can someone concisely summarise this koba mech-clear/guilty please because I've seen both whilst skimming
Well look.

Dwlee99 claimed Doctor in hood. Afterwards Koba rolecopped him and found it's as false.

Most strange thing is that Dwlee started day from "Koba is silentive in hood!" which is probably worst accusation which could be aimed at Koba of either alignment, so it looked like Dwlee99 not really trying to accuse or save self.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #2215 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:34 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

So what's the case for scum theatre?
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #2216 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:46 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

No extensions.

- Bunno
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2217 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:52 pm

Post by Enchant »

Just in case i supposed to sleep two hours ago, but if i do we could suck up.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2218 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:11 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Koba claimed a guilty on D2 who flipped scum
3 conf town exist without innos so it’s unlikely a town rolecop exists.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2219 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:11 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Without invests* my bad
GTKAS -- MathBlade
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2220 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:11 pm

Post by ShadowGirl »

In post 2215, Not_Mafia wrote:So what's the case for scum theatre?
Essentially that whoever stays alive when the other has flipped scum, that person becomes locktown. If you actually want to read a longer case on it, just ISO MathBlade since that's their top scum pick.

Mainly just posting right now to say that I'm here and that I won't log off without having posted that I have. I'm not sure what we do right now with three way deadlock.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #2221 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:18 pm

Post by DkKoba »

I'll vote NM if it forces an elimination + helps shed light on the gamestate better. I'd normally suggest we use enchant for an elim at night instead but I would prefer not to be blasted here
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #2222 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:22 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 2220, ShadowGirl wrote:If you actually want to read a longer case on it
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2223 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:25 pm

Post by ShadowGirl »

In post 2222, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 2220, ShadowGirl wrote:If you actually want to read a longer case on it
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2224 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:30 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2218, MathBlade wrote:
Koba claimed a guilty on D2 who flipped scum
3 conf town exist without invests so it’s unlikely a town rolecop exists.
@Not Mafia — Here is the short and sweet if you missed it

I have company over.

@Thread I am willing to consolidate on NM but want NM’s opinion on Koba first
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”