fae/faer + she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: fae/faer + she/her

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:17 am

Post by butterflies »

In post 74, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 73, Umlaut wrote:
In post 71, butterflies wrote:So of everyone who’s posted thus far, three slots have pinged me: Gamma, Umlaut and most recently furtive. Of the three, I have extensive meta on Gamma and when I compare his posting here with uPick!Anything for example, he feels different. In that game, he wasn’t really trying to solve and was basically pretty spammy.

Umlaut: Still not a fan but calling Gamma out for the unconfirmed vote, makes me a bit hesitant.
VOTE: butterflies

This "read" on me is nonsense. It's made when I have all of four one-line posts, three of which are RVS shitposts and the fourth of which is the one you like (calling out Gamma). Tell me what exactly you are not a fan of.
Until now, you hadn’t really done anything. I don’t see why you scumread me for that. And I wasn’t even the only one who felt that way, so I don’t understand what about my post bothers you in particular. I’m not even currently voting you.

~Nancyfly
hydra of
Flea the Magician (fae/faer)
and
Nancy Drew 39 (she/her)
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:18 am

Post by Noraa »

NANCYFLY AND BUTTERFLEA AHHHHHHH
im sorry but AHHHH why is that just so good
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
butterflies
butterflies
fae/faer + she/her
Mafia Scum
butterflies
fae/faer + she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:20 am

Post by butterflies »

In post 76, Noraa wrote:NANCYFLY AND BUTTERFLEA AHHHHHHH
im sorry but AHHHH why is that just so good
Spoiler:
Post-game, Flea and I are going in to business as chocolateers.
:P
hydra of
and
Nancy Drew 39 (she/her)
butterflies
butterflies
fae/faer + she/her
Mafia Scum
butterflies
fae/faer + she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:24 am

Post by butterflies »

Spoiler:

Actually flying chocolateers, to be more specific. :lol:
hydra of
and
Nancy Drew 39 (she/her)
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:51 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 75, butterflies wrote:Until now, you hadn’t really done anything. I don’t see why you scumread me for that. And I wasn’t even the only one who felt that way, so I don’t understand what about my post bothers you in particular. I’m not even currently voting you.
~Nancyfly
I don't care if you're voting me, I care if you're making up reasons. Galron just said I "pinged [them]" which is whatever, people ping people all the time, but you voted me in which is really silly as Enchant pointed out ("if one of these exactly two people is scum I'd bet it's Umlaut" is... I don't even know what that is) and then said that my one good posts is literally the one post with content I had made.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
butterflies
butterflies
fae/faer + she/her
Mafia Scum
butterflies
fae/faer + she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:59 am

Post by butterflies »

In post 79, Umlaut wrote:
In post 75, butterflies wrote:Until now, you hadn’t really done anything. I don’t see why you scumread me for that. And I wasn’t even the only one who felt that way, so I don’t understand what about my post bothers you in particular. I’m not even currently voting you.
~Nancyfly
I don't care if you're voting me, I care if you're making up reasons. Galron just said I "pinged [them]" which is whatever, people ping people all the time, but you voted me in which is really silly as Enchant pointed out ("if one of these exactly two people is scum I'd bet it's Umlaut" is... I don't even know what that is) and then said that my one good posts is literally the one post with content I had made.
I stand by that vote att I made it but fwiw, I like.

~Nancyfly
hydra of
and
Nancy Drew 39 (she/her)
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:11 am

Post by numberQ »

Spoiler: Flowers
Georgia O'Keeffe,
Red Canna
(1919)

Vote Count (1.2)

butterflies
[1]
Umlaut
Dunnstral
[0]

Enchant
[0]

furtiveglance
[2]
Gamma Emerald, butterflies
Galron
[0]

Gamma Emerald
[1]
implosion
implosion
[0]

Noraa
[0]

ProgoWoshua
[0]

Titus
[1]
Enchant
Umlaut
[2]
Noraa, Galron

Not Voting:
Dunnstral, furtiveglance, ProgoWoshua, Titus
Deadline:
April 8th, 2022, 12:00 PM EST ((expired on 2022-04-08 12:00:00))
Hey!
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:12 am

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 70, butterflies wrote:
In post 66, furtiveglance wrote:Hi everyone, I'll read through, give my thoughts on players, and vote tonight when I get home. As for the strategy talk, I read a previous game of this setup and town actually lost the main game, and the mafia wouldn't have guessed the Merlins correctly. Therefore we might have slightly more wiggle room in terms of Muses influencing the game or even claiming outright than you might expect. The main thing is to ensure we at least win the main game.
This post also flagged to me so I'm supporting the vote.

We have 2 miselimimations, there's no wiggle room there.

Each game is different with different factors - the players being a big variable shift. Me, I can't guess guess crap. I'd have no chance so I would be pushing the primary goal, not the secondary.

[...]

- £!3 ButterFlea
I think you might have misunderstood furtive here. The "wiggle room" they've mentioned is about the Muses potentially giving clues about their identities in order to increase the Town's chance to catch scum. So defending against the primary goal in expense of the secondary, not the other way around.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:15 am

Post by ProgoWoshua »

@titus, @gamma

furtive's intro was just a joke, right? What's so suspicious about it?
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:15 am

Post by Enchant »

100% unbeatable play is to be Muse, but claim Muse with Other scum. This way, mafia will most likely fuck up.

Free tip^
butterflies
butterflies
fae/faer + she/her
Mafia Scum
butterflies
fae/faer + she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:26 am

Post by butterflies »

In post 82, ProgoWoshua wrote:
In post 66, furtiveglance wrote:Hi everyone, I'll read through, give my thoughts on players, and vote tonight when I get home. As for the strategy talk, I read a previous game of this setup and town actually lost the main game, and the mafia wouldn't have guessed the Merlins correctly. Therefore we might have slightly more wiggle room in terms of Muses influencing the game or even claiming outright than you might expect. The main thing is to ensure we at least win the main game.

Each game is different with different factors - the players being a big variable shift. Me, I can't guess guess crap. I'd have no chance so I would be pushing the primary goal, not the secondary.

[...]

- £!3 ButterFlea
I think you might have misunderstood furtive here. The "wiggle room" they've mentioned is about the Muses potentially giving clues about their identities in order to increase the Town's chance to catch scum. So defending against the primary goal in expense of the secondary, not the other way around.
Did you read the OP? Assuming we kill all three scum, they can still win if they correctly identify all three Merlins.

~Nancyfly
hydra of
and
Nancy Drew 39 (she/her)
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:00 am

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 85, butterflies wrote:

[...]

- £!3 ButterFlea
Did you read the OP? Assuming we kill all three scum, they can still win if they correctly identify all three Merlins.

~Nancyfly
Yes, that's their secondary win condition.

But to do that, they'd have to guess who the Muses are and their color. For most practical purposes, only one Muse would have to claim their role (not color). In a situation where it would make the difference between eliminating Mafia and mis-eliminate Town, then one Muse should definitely claim.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:09 am

Post by Titus »

In post 57, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 47, implosion wrote:The reason I say there's very little cost to a single merlin claiming without color is that from a pure numbers perspective, the odds of scum getting it correct shift from 1/60 (negligible) to 1/36 (also negligible) assuming no one else claims for the rest of the game. Even taking into account that scum have all of the information of all our ISOs at their disposal, I still see that cost as trivial for the benefit.

In other news: why the FoS on furtiveglance?
I think a Merlin revealing should be held off on until later
Also, I don’t rlly have the words to express my initial thought rn so I’ll just say furtive’s entrance felt awkward
On a serious note, this is correct. My claim was non serious but still possibly true to get us out of RVS and to wifom.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:10 am

Post by Titus »

In post 59, Galron wrote:
In post 57, Gamma Emerald wrote:Also, I don’t rlly have the words to express my initial thought rn so I’ll just say furtive’s entrance felt awkward
This bit feels awkward.

And it's my first game with Gamma in a while, which is funny because my GE paranoia has stuck.

Anyway a suspicion, even this early, without a vote sends alarms.

VOTE: Gamma Emerald
I'm the one that didn't.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:13 am

Post by Titus »

In post 83, ProgoWoshua wrote:@titus, @gamma

His entrance didn't feel like a joke and he didn't claim it was.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:14 am

Post by Titus »

Deliberately not voting to keep wifom but if I wanted to vote, I'd vote butterflies to get wagon reactions.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

butterflies
butterflies
fae/faer + she/her
Mafia Scum
butterflies
fae/faer + she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:39 am

Post by butterflies »

[...]

- £!3 ButterFlea
Absolutely freaking not. No chance nuh-uh OH HEEEEYLLLLL NAW.

no.

Muses do not out, muses do not hint. Muses know who they are as per the sample pms, Muses do what they gotta do. It's their job t make their cases, make their pushes, and if we fuck up and flip one of them we push their target.
hydra of
and
Nancy Drew 39 (she/her)
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:43 am

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 91, butterflies wrote:

[...]

- £!3 ButterFlea

no.

Muses do not out, muses do not hint. Muses know who they are as per the sample pms, Muses do what they gotta do. It's their job t make their cases, make their pushes, and if we fuck up and flip one of them we push their target.
Only alignments are revealed on flip, not their roles or colors. How would we know to push their targets?
butterflies
butterflies
fae/faer + she/her
Mafia Scum
butterflies
fae/faer + she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:29 am

Post by butterflies »

In post 92, ProgoWoshua wrote:
In post 91, butterflies wrote:

[...]

- £!3 ButterFlea

no.

Only alignments are revealed on flip, not their roles or colors. How would we know to push their targets?
Because the muses know the scumteam between them. They know their targets individually.
The reason they don't claim is they know their colour block. Red muse knows red block. so just as the scum are going to be watching carefully, town need to as well.

Honestly I would hope the muses don't just dive in headfirst on to their targets and frankly if any muse has already voted their target they're getting a post-game glare from me.

-ButterFlea
hydra of
and
Nancy Drew 39 (she/her)
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:47 am

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 93, butterflies wrote:
[...]

Because the muses know the scumteam between them. They know their targets individually.
The reason they don't claim is they know their colour block. Red muse knows red block. so just as the scum are going to be watching carefully, town need to as well.

Honestly I would hope the muses don't just dive in headfirst on to their targets and frankly if any muse has already voted their target they're getting a post-game glare from me.

-ButterFlea
Ok, I'm convinced. It really would be best if the Muses stay hidden.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:51 am

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 89, Titus wrote:

His entrance didn't feel like a joke and he didn't claim it was.
Uhh...
In post 22, furtiveglance wrote:This is my first non-Newbie game, I think this setup is magic. To everyone claiming Merlin, I am not aMused.
Titus, jokingly, claimed Merlin. This game reflavors Merlins as Muses. The post ends with a pun on "Muse".

How is this not a joke?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:10 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 68, butterflies wrote:
The “main” game? We’re only playing ONE game. Are you actually suggesting that they claim outright? I think I’m starting to understand why some people aren’t vibing with your posts.

So how did town lose the game? Are you planning to explain this?

This post isn’t making any sense, anyone else think this?

~Nancyfly
Pretty sure “main game” means voting out scum, with the Muse secrecy being secondary
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:19 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

The integration of game terminology felt ham-fisted
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:21 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Progo’s defense of furtive is pretty weirdChamp
<Embrace The Void>

butterflies
butterflies
fae/faer + she/her
Mafia Scum
butterflies
fae/faer + she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:53 am

Post by butterflies »

At the beginning of the game,
the Mafia Goons are given a list of 5 town, including the 3 Merlins and 2 random Vanilla Townies. They will not know which is which
. The Mafia cannot nightkill any of these 5 players on the first night.
This is why muses revealing is so bad, scum already knows that in that group of 5, 3 are Merlins, so they start the game with a 60% chance of correctly guessing who the muses are. So they might not know who the Merlins are but they 100% know who they’re not. So scum start the game knowing that 3/8 players are vts.

~Nancyfly
hydra of
and
Nancy Drew 39 (she/her)

Return to “Completed Open Games”