Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:46 am

Post by Prism »

This was a mafia game. I honestly don't know where to start.

First, Thank you everyone for playing! I know this was slow and painful at times, but I hope you enjoyed the setup and the flavor. I thought RadiantCowbells did a good job designing it, and I appreciate all of you for never needing a replacement nor prod despite the significant downtime.

Thoughts on play:
  • That final twilight blowup was obviously over the line. I'd be mad too about getting fake guilitied by a doctor, but nothing justifies the behavior shown.
  • I was not pleased about having to warn people off for sexual remarks early. "That's what she said jokes" are common enough that I was willing to give one a pass, but I was very hesitant upon seeing that he initially doubled down. Fortunately it ended here. I think the town collective handled the joke the best way possible, too: Making it clear it fell flat.
  • That Day 1 vote was absurd. There's no way scum get granted a doublekill in a 9p setup. Don't vote the clear, if you get shot at least you were in the PoE.
  • Day 2 was almost equally tragic. Town only has one more spare elim, don't throw it in the trash.
  • Day 3, uh, existed. NM's fake guilty was bad. I don't know the motivation behind Frogsterking faking a guilty on Malakittens but it wasn't a good move no matter how you slice it.
  • This game should have ended days ago. The proper way to blitz is to suggest a specific time, ideally using something synced up like time.is, and check in 5 minutes before to confirm that you will both be online. The second the minute turns blitz it, post something plausible if you're worried about the partner being slightly late.
  • The Mafia team never told each other their roles. Frogsterking found out about the neighbourhood from JacksonVirgo's reveal in thread, and I don't think he ever said he was a goon or Mala that she was only a neighbour.
  • "When in doubt, lurk it out" claims another perfect scumwin.
  • In general, I thought this game made a strong case for nominative determinism. Be very careful what you flavor your games after, it might turn into a prophecy.
Lastly, I actually wasn't happy with my own moderation this game. I made a few boneheaded and very important/fundamental errors because I was too focused on standardizing format. No one cares if a period is bolded, people care if you post the wrong flip.

Some examples:
  • I flipped Val89 as Macho Vigilante, even if it was for only a second and the reason for the error (D1 copy-paste) made it clearly non-compromising.
  • I didn't tell the mafia how to submit a kill, and at first did not make clear a specific person had to make it. This could have led to tracker/watcher speculation.
  • I was worried that NM's fake guilty came as a result of my failure to adjust the numbers in the VC, which made it appear to be not-ELO. There wasn't any good way to correct this.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:50 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

I can see why the vigilante elim was dumb, but I was much more wanting them dead over val even if it were to confirm them. Andante's play was a burden, even got pocketed just from being town-read.
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:54 am

Post by Enchant »

So.

You rightly deduced scum.
BUT.

Limmed Vig for refusal to shot it because "PARTNERS", instead of, uh, you know, voting Malakittens?

And I AM DUMB?

EXCUSE ME?
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:58 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 552, Enchant wrote:So.

You rightly deduced scum.
BUT.

Limmed Vig for refusal to shot it because "PARTNERS", instead of, uh, you know, voting Malakittens?

And I AM DUMB?

EXCUSE ME?
I didn't want to be wrong on my read and lose my top TR at the same time, which would have happened in WCS. I don't make plays for BCS, you get fucked over too much if you do that. I do agree that I probably should have abandoned my biases and let Andante confirm themselves but also in retrospect I still would have wanted them dead. They literally got pocketed over them being town-read, and they were a vigilante. Bad mix
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:03 am

Post by Prism »

Oh, I almost forgot, I have one more special review and a prize for the winners!

For our dear victors, I have a wonderful gift. As a VIP Elmer's customer, I get an annual shipment of all deluxe products and a few special prototypes as an end-of-the-year gift. Occasionally, I'm even allowed to custom-order a glue of my own design. This is one of those produced by my own request-there are only a handful of bottles in the world!

A mildly alcoholic and carbonated offering, infused with delicious grapes from the finest vineyard from France. Buttery aftertaste, with a gentle, slick consistency speckled with carbonated fizz. This glue is the gold standard all across the globe.

Prism's Rating: 10/10
Is it a glue? The best!

A toast to Frogsterking and Malakittens! Congratulations, and now drink up!
Last edited by Prism on Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:05 am

Post by Prism »

I also never envisioned in my entire life that the biggest tryhard and biggest advocate of fundamental play/mechanics at the table would be Enchant.

Once-in-a-lifetime miracles and once-in-a-lifetime catastrophes went hand in hand this game, an extravaganza of the truly extraordinary.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:38 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

I liked the flavor(s)
Hey all! Excited and nervous to play my first game with you!
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:09 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

GG all
I think there were a few key flaws with how town played but the game went fine.
Thanks for modding, the mistakes didn't make an impact and it was very nice flavor wise
Imprefection is the spice of life.
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:22 am

Post by Kcdaspot »

I took a bit to work the courage to do this.

Not_mafia: I'm am sincerely sorry. I truly thought you were scum at the last. My deepest regrets are saying those things and deeper still not knowing if I would have the ability to do anything different... i've built myself up in a certain way so that, as a man of "integrity", I can be proud of at least sticking to my core beliefs and defending them with the white hot intensity of a thousand suns. I can see now that was wrong.

Me and my greedy half WOULD like a reciprocal apology but... honestly I'll be happy if you and everyone else accept mine.
A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:55 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Whilst my play was bad this game your reaction was insanely disproportionate, but I accept your apology and move on
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:53 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 550, Prism wrote:Day 3, uh, existed. NM's fake guilty was bad. I don't know the motivation behind Frogsterking faking a guilty on Malakittens but it wasn't a good move no matter how you slice it.
This game should have ended days ago. The proper way to blitz is to suggest a specific time, ideally using something synced up like time.is, and check in 5 minutes before to confirm that you will both be online. The second the minute turns blitz it, post something plausible if you're worried about the partner being slightly late.
The Mafia team never told each other their roles. Frogsterking found out about the neighbourhood from JacksonVirgo's reveal in thread, and I don't think he ever said he was a goon or Mala that she was only a neighbour.
"When in doubt, lurk it out" claims another perfect scumwin.
In general, I thought this game made a strong case for nominative determinism. Be very careful what you flavor your games after, it might turn into a prophecy.
There's some helpful feedback for me on my scum game in here which I appreciate.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:00 am

Post by Val89 »

Any news on the Mafia PT?
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:41 am

Post by Prism »

The Mafia PT has been released.

I wound up giving the scumteam an extension on redaction requests, so sorry for the late release.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”