Pokemon TCG

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:30 am

Post by Ythan »

As always I'm generally too fixated on my own favorite bells and whistles to provide real constructive feedback but I can always ooh and ah and learn stuff.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:31 am

Post by Isis »

Spoiler:
4 Arceus V
3 Arceus VStar
4 Sobble
3 Drizzile
2 Inteleon(shady dealings)
1 Crobat V
2 Beedrill(single strike)

2 Marnie
1 Avery
1 Serena
1 Boss's Orders
1 Professor's Research
2 Single Strike Style Mustard
1 Cheren's Care

4 Ultra Ball
4 Quick Ball
2 Level Ball
1 Evolution Incense
2 Scoop-Up Net
1 Energy Switch
1 Pal Pad
1 Air Balloon
1 Tool Jammer
1 Big Charm
1 Path to the Peak
1 Training Court

5 Grass Energy
2 Water Energy
3 Double Turbo Energy
1 Capture Energy
1 VGuard Energy

Does it add up to sixty does it .
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:32 am

Post by Ythan »

60 I can answer that one!
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:33 am

Post by Isis »

Addition is hard the first time I got 61 the second time I got 58 lol
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:39 am

Post by Isis »

In testing I feel like it is pretty likely the capture energy becomes a VGuard energy? I'm not sure. Capture energy is powerful when you draw DTE naturally and then you Starbirth into the Capture Energy to find the second Arceus, then you solve both the trinity nova recipient and the attach per turn problem in a single card and have 1 other card good stuff. If the "good stuff" is -always- grabbing a big charm because capture energy doesn't block enough damage that's kind of a wash.
How much do the decks that aren't Lugia matter and how food is VGuard against them, I'm not sureerere
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:42 am

Post by Isis »

Ok I looked at an online Lugia deck which is dealing with similar tradeoffs and it was 2 capture 1 VGuard and they also had 8 basic searches. So the capture is probably worth.
I'm not used to have 8 basic searches because usually I trim 2 or even 3 Ultra ball. But you want ultra ball to help the mustard. Then crobat gets excited this is an ultra ball deck and jumps in.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:27 am

Post by Isis »

I'm playing Lugia Wednesday.
Someone won an online tournament with Lost box with Raikou V the hosts declared it a healthy format. I'm not sure having to add a 2 prize pokemon to a 1 prize deck to deal with Lugia is a beacon of format health though

That's some maindeck leylines of the void in burn kinda feeling to me
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:37 am

Post by Isis »

6 of the same deck in top 8 of an internationals we magic now
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:21 pm

Post by Isis »

Miltank top 8ed as part of Sander yveltal control so officially Miltank Good
"Well, I..."
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:27 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:12 pm

Post by Isis »

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

There's an interesting pokemon card rules edge case/argument some people at my store were talking about on Wednesday. Apparently the ruling has not come up in a tournament and people online are just disagreeing about how they would expect it to be ruled. PTCG rules have weaker comprehensive rules than MTG because they're usually not needed, but then when they are etc. It's important to note cards are originally written in Japanese and sometimes slight differences are relevant to the rules.

It's a high stakes question because the best deck, Lugia, is a deck that summons Archeops cheaply and becomes good at deploying energy and bad at drawing other nonenergy cards. Status condition effects can be pretty powerful but are usually so countered by item cards and supporter cards that they are not useful enough. Because Lugia is not very good at drawing items and supporter cards, paralysis is very powerful to beat the Lugia deck, toppling Goliath.

Lugia does not play nice with rapid strike pokemon and grass type Pokemon which are the two that get paralysis healing energies. But some Lugia players want to argue that they should be allowed to use a "healing kiss" effect from Spiral Energy to recover from paralysis. The argument is that "this card can only be attached to a rapid strike pokemon" actually means that "the play effect of playing an energy from your hand is to attach it to one of your pokemon. This says right at the top that that play effect is modified such that you must select a rapid strike pokemon from which of the things you'd like to attach to. This line of text is not operative if you are not doing 'attach and play' from hand.". I hope or maybe even assume this argument is supported by the Japanese translation or precedent on other cards. It's obviously a very painful argument if you're literal, since archeops says "attach" and rapid strike energy does not say "play". And there are other cards that say "you can't play an energy from your hand", and those are bypassed by attach from deck, so it seems like "pokemon knew how to word it like that if that was the intention".
There's an argument about superfluity : "if you truly cannot attach the energy in any manner, why do you need a clause that discards the energy, contemplating that it has been attached anyway?" Thorton's existence resolves the superfluity argument on its own though, so that's not a problem. Thorton exchanges two objects and doesn't really provide a moment when an unattached card becomes attached. If only the top rule existed, you might play a Thorton and wonder how you honor "can't outweighs can" in card games. Do I not exchange the pokemon? Do I remove the energy from the game simultaneous with the pokemon switching in? Do I leave the energy in an "In play state" but revoke it's "attached" status? The second line chooses one of several plausible resolutions for you.
There's a second step to resolve. Even if Lugia loses the first step, It's possible Lugia could lose the second step: does Spiral Energy "kissing" a Pokemon allow it to cure paralysis? One could argue that effects that maintain the "kosherness" of the game state should be resolved on a first pass before other effects. One could argue both things are simultaneously happening and both should occur because they don't contradict eachother.

It is kinda interesting.
I'm playing Lugia in regionals on Saturday. I did not decide to attempt a 25% chance judges at regionals will let me use spiral energy to heal Lugia paralysis. My deck doesn't use paralysis so I'm glad I don't have to wonder how it will go down, won't affect my games.
"Well, I..."
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:20 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Good luck! Hope you win
To be clear: quack
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:28 pm

Post by Isis »

Thanks SleepyKrew!
"Well, I..."
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2023 2:40 am

Post by Flea The Magician »

I may have found my way back to this hobby...

I may have found a best set ponyta... not worth much, but THE NOSTALGIA.

Found a shop that buys and sells Yugioh and MTG cards as well as PTGC. [un]Commons are like 10p each so I'm planning to spend some time here, and build one or two of my meme decks and see where peeps are playing ^_^
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:37 am

Post by Isis »

Meme decks!
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:44 am

Post by Isis »

Flea did you know there's a tea party deck in standard, Mad Party, I lost to it on friday
"Well, I..."
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:24 am

Post by Flea The Magician »

Yeah its an annoyingly effective lil pain in the ass, ive faced a couple online xD absolutely planning to make one of those if I can find the cards lol

Return to “The Arcade”