implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

NorwegianboyEE's Mini Normal Review, April 2022

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:33 pm

Post by implosion »

NorwegianboyEE wrote:So my overall idea was to make an 13 P traitor setup that would leave a lot of room for guessing on both sides. Just hope it will be balanced.

Innocent Child
Cop
1-Shot Neighborizer
Ascetic Fruit Vendor
Miller Vengeful
Informed Townie (Informed that the game has a traitor)
VT
VT
VT
VT

Novice Role Cop Mafia
Informed Mafia Goon (Informed that the game has a traitor)
Traitor Watcher
Last edited by implosion on Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:33 pm

Post by implosion »

Primary: mastina
Secondary: Ircher
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:47 pm

Post by Ircher »

In normal games, mafia already know that a traitor exists, so giving that information to them by informed is redundant.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Hosting: The Grand Neighborhood [Ongoing]
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:17 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I wasn’t sure if that was the case or not.
But since it’s given by default the scum role can be just a goon.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:19 pm

Post by mastina »

Definitely townsided--the Vengeful might need to die to use the kill but is still an incredibly strong town role since Vengefuls are a town-only role and that is a town-controlled kill and millers are often townread anyway. Cop is a full investigative; IC is a free innocent. Then, the mafia rolecop is delayed for a night with the traitor weakening the scumteam further.

As an aside, I don't think the setup makes a lot of guessing be involved. It's definitely a traitor comp, but the town has too much for a traitor comp and the roles don't have much guessing involved.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:33 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

How about if remove IC and make role cop a regular role cop.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:35 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Cop
1-Shot Neighborizer
Ascetic Fruit Vendor
Miller Vengeful
Informed Townie (Informed that the game has a traitor)
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT

Role Cop Mafia
Informed Mafia Goon (Informed that the game has a traitor)
Traitor Watcher

^Revised.

Also my idea was that the knowledge of an traitor would make town paranoid of the miller and ascetic claims. Thus making them less of an "oh yeah, this is an obvious town slot cus they claimed miller day 1" than it would normally be.

- Bunno
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:45 pm

Post by mastina »

Definitely a much better start; I want Ircher to gutcheck me on being good tho.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:04 am

Post by Ircher »

I think this is in the acceptable range. It's definitely going to be swingy with 80% of town's power invested in the cop, but I think it works out. I would consider dropping the informed townie though; doing so gives mafia more room to fake claim and would likely lead to more guessing than the setup as is.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2022 3:15 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Cop
1-Shot Neighborizer
Ascetic Fruit Vendor
Miller Vengeful
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT

Role Cop Mafia
Mafia Goon
Traitor Watcher

V1.3

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2022 3:16 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Bernie sanders voice:

I am once again asking for you to review my setup.

- Bunno
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:46 pm

Post by mastina »

Balance-wise I think it's fine.

Which means need roles/rules/result PMs/etc.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:45 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Vanilla Townie

Spoiler:
Welcome to Mini Normal [X]

Your role is
Vanilla Townie

You have no special abilities.

Your win condition is achieved when all of the threats to the town has been eliminated.

The game thread is here -> [INSERT GAME THREAD HERE]

Please confirm you have read this private message by replying with the name of your role.

Town 1-Shot Neighbourizer

Spoiler:

Your role is
1-Shot Neighbourizer

You may target a player at night to recruit them into a private neighbourhood where you may communicate together. This neighbourhood will only be created if you successfully recruit a target.

Your win condition is achieved when all of the threats to the town has been eliminated.

The game thread is -> [INSERT GAME THREAD HERE]

Please confirm you have read this private message by replying with the name of your role.

Town Cop

Spoiler:

Your role is
Town Cop

Each night you may target a player and check their alignment.

Town Miller Vengeful

Spoiler:

Your role is
Town Miller Vengeful

Your miller modifier makes it so that any investigatives targeting your slot will receive an unfavourable result.

As an vengeful you may if voted out during the day target a player in twilight to immediately flip them along with you. The action is not compulsive.

Town Ascetic Fruit Vendor

Spoiler:

Your role is

Your ascetic modifier makes it so that you are immune to any actions performed at night except for killing actions.

Each night you may target a player at night to give them a piece of fruit. The player will be informed of receiving the fruit if the action was successful. The fruit has no effect.

Mafia Goon

Spoiler:

Your role is
Mafia Goon

You may communicate with your team member [INSERT NAME HERE] using this link -> [INSERT MAFIA PT LINK HERE]

Each night your team has a shared factional kill that can be used to eliminate any player in the game. Only one member of the mafia can perform this action each night.

Additionally, you are informed that this game has a traitor aligned with the Mafia. The traitor cannot perform the factional nightkill and will be endgamed if all other Mafia are dead.
Read more about the traitor role here -> https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Traitor

Your win condition is achieved when the alive mafia members reach parity with the town, or nothing can stop this from happening.

Mafia Role Cop

Spoiler:

Your role is
Mafia Role Cop

You may communicate with your team member [INSERT NAME HERE] using this link -> [INSERT MAFIA PT LINK HERE]

Each night your team has a shared factional kill that can be used to eliminate any player in the game. Only one member of the mafia can perform this action each night.

As a role cop you may target any player at night to learn their role. You may multitask your investigative action with the factional night kill.

Additionally, you are informed that this game has a traitor aligned with the Mafia. The traitor cannot perform the factional nightkill and will be endgamed if all other Mafia are dead.
Read more about the traitor role here -> https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Traitor

Your win condition is achieved when the alive mafia members reach parity with the town, or nothing can stop this from happening.

Mafia Traitor Watcher

Spoiler:

Your role is
Mafia Traitor Watcher

You are informed of the mafia members in this game being [INSERT NAME HERE] and [INSERT NAME HERE]. They have been informed of there being a mafia traitor in the game but not their identity.

As a Watcher you may target any player at night to learn the identity of other players targeting the same target that night.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:49 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 11, mastina wrote:Which means need roles/rules/result PMs/etc.
I need to do something else?

- Bunno
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:08 pm

Post by Ircher »

1: Win cons need to include "and at least one townie (mafioso) is still alive."
2: You should have players confirm their alignment too.
3: The 1-Shot Neighborizer pm needs to be more explicit that the ability is one use.
4: The miller description for Miller Vengeful is wrong. Millers only give unfavorable results to cops in normal games.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:09 pm

Post by Ircher »

In post 13, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 11, mastina wrote:Which means need roles/rules/result PMs/etc.
I need to do something else?
Yes. We need your ruleset which should include things like "default multitasking" or "default daytalk" if applicable. We also need result pms such as for a cop, "Player X is guilty/player X is innocent."
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:17 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Vanilla Townie

Spoiler:

Your role is
Vanilla Townie

Your win condition is achieved when all of the threats to the town has been eliminated and at least 1 townie is still alive.

Please confirm you have read this private message by replying with the name of your role and alignment

Town 1-Shot Neighbourizer

Spoiler:

Your role is
1-Shot Neighbourizer

You may target a player at night to recruit them into a private neighbourhood where you may communicate together. This neighbourhood will only be created if you successfully recruit a target. You may only target a player once before your shots are expended.

Your win condition is achieved when all of the threats to the town has been eliminated and at least 1 townie is still alive.

The game thread is -> [INSERT GAME THREAD HERE]

Please confirm you have read this private message by replying with the name of your role and alignment

Town Cop

Spoiler:

Your role is
Town Cop

Each night you may target a player and check their alignment.

Town Miller Vengeful

Spoiler:

Your role is
Town Miller Vengeful

Your miller modifier makes it so that a cop targeting your slot will receive an unfavourable result.

As an vengeful you may if voted out during the day target a player in twilight to immediately flip them along with you. The action is not compulsive.

Spoiler:

Your role is

Your ascetic modifier makes it so that you are immune to any actions performed at night except for killing actions.

Each night you may target a player at night to give them a piece of fruit. The player will be informed of receiving the fruit if the action was successful. The fruit has no effect.

Mafia Goon

Spoiler:

Your role is
Mafia Goon

Your win condition is achieved when the alive mafia members reach parity with the town and at least 1 mafia is still alive, or nothing can stop this from happening.

Mafia Role Cop

Spoiler:

Your role is
Mafia Role Cop

As a role cop you may target any player at night to learn their role. You may multitask your investigative action with the factional night kill.

Your win condition is achieved when the alive mafia members reach parity with the town and at least 1 mafia is still alive, or nothing can stop this from happening.

Mafia Traitor Watcher

Spoiler:

Your role is
Mafia Traitor Watcher

You are informed of the mafia members in this game being [INSERT NAME HERE] and [INSERT NAME HERE]. They have been informed of there being a mafia traitor in the game but not their identity.

As a Watcher you may target any player at night to learn the identity of other players targeting the same target that night.

Please confirm you have read this private message by replying with the name of your role and alignment.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:22 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

The Rules

Stolen and modified from Datisi's rules, which was again stolen and modified from Plotinus' and Schadd_'s rulesets.

TL;DR

Day 1 lasts for 10 real life days. Days 2 and onwards last for 8 real life days. Nights last for 2 days.
You may ask for fast night but all alive players have to agree.
Majority to eliminate
48 hours before prod, 24 hours before looking for an replacement if there is no response to the prod.
If you want to replace out of the game, pm me.
Play nice.

The Basics:

Follow all site rules.
You may not talk to each other about this game outside of threads i have created for this purpose. You may not talk about other ongoing games in this thread.
If you wish to replace out, pm me, do not request replacement in thread. Do not discuss your reasons for replacing out publicly. Do not threaten to replace out or tell other players to replace out. If you have any concerns that a player should be replaced, pm me.
Do not quote pm's from the mod at all, either real or fabricated. Do not quote posts from private threads. This includes specific timestamps. Paraphrasing is acceptable.
This may become an heated game but toxicity will not be tolerated. Attack the play not the player. If I think you are toeing the line I will give you an warning, if you do not cease your behavior afterwards you will be force replaced.
Flavour is just flavour and has no real impact on the game mech.
Play to your win condition.
If you have any questions about the rules, feel free to pm me.

Days and voting:

Day 1 lasts up to 10 real-life days. Days 2+ last up to 8 real-life days.
Extensions may or may not be granted if there are replacements, or if the circumstances call for it (for example, if the site was experiencing issues).
Votes must be in bold in the format VOTE: datisi or
vote: datisi
. Strong preference for using vote tags instead of bold tags. Unvotes are nice but not required. Type [
v]datisi[
/v] to vote and [
uv]datisi[
/uv] to unvote.
You can use nicknames when voting, as long as it is clear who you're referring to.
If i think it’s a vote, it’s a vote.
Days end early when a simple majority of players (50% of living players + 1 rounded down) vote to eliminate somebody.
If a majority is not reached at deadline or if a majority of the players vote for no elimination, the day will end without an elimination. at evens, 50% is sufficient for no elimination.
Twilight begins when a majority is reached and lasts until i lock the thread. You're still alive until i flip you so you can talk in any game threads you have access to until then, but no votes or unvotes will be counted.

Activity and v/la:

You must post at least once every 48 hours or i will prod you. You then have 24 hours to post in the game thread or i will replace you. If you come back before i find a replacement, you can stay.
If i have to prod you for the third time, i will automatically start searching for a replacement.
If you haven't posted in the 24 hours before the thread is locked for night, you must reply to the night start pm or you will be replaced during the night.
Players can request me to prod somebody early. this will only count as an official prod if you don't post before you would have been due for a prod.
If you need to be absent for longer than 36 hours, you should declare
v/la
in bold in the thread like this: [
b]
@mod: I will be v/la until thursday
[
/b]. If you have not posted game advancing content in 5 days, regardless of v/la status, you will be replaced.
A naked "prod dodge" does not reset the prod timer. to avoid being prodded/replaced for inactivity, include some game advancing content in your prodges, such as "got prodded; Datisi is still scum."

Nights and night actions:

Nights last 48 hours.
The night phase can be shortened if every living player -- even those with no night actions -- agrees to it and if I'm not busy.
You may submit actions via pm. If you have a scum PT, a mason PT, or a notes PT, you may also submit your actions there. If the actions are not submitted by the deadline then you do nothing. You can change your mind as many times as you like before the deadline.
If i don't hear from you about your night actions, i'll pm you 24 hours before the deadline. This doesn't count as a prod. if i still don't hear from you, you will take no action.

Miscellaneous:

Let me know if you want a private thread to store your thoughts and feedback for the other players. You may draft posts in your notes PT if the posts are clearly meant to be posted in the main thread. You may talk about your notes pt. You may not directly quote from your notes PT, and you may not use it to demonstrate that you've had a town mindset in private all along; just put your town mindset in public to begin with and keep your notes to yourself.
Provable randomness is against the rules. saying that you rolled a dice is fine, using dice tags or random.org screenshots is not.
No hard to read / extremely small text. Cryptography is forbidden. Breadcrumbing is okay.
Using scripts to alter or hide another player's posts is not allowed.
The only allowed media is embedded content, or links to uneditable content. For example, you are not allowed to link vocaroos and pastebins in the thread.
Very big images and big chunks of non-game-related text are allowed, as long as they are spoiled. if you post them without a spoiler, i will edit a spoiler in.
Excessive spamming is not allowed.
The mod may make mistakes. Minor errors (such as a mistake in the vote count) can be pointed out in-thread. For bigger errors, please pm me.
I reserve the right to alter/remove/add any rules as i see fit. You will be notified if this happens.

Setup information:

This is a normal game.
Any and all private topics will be open at all times.
All members of the
mafia
are multitasking by default.
Sample vanilla townie role pm:
Spoiler:

Your role is
Vanilla Townie

The game thread is here -> [INSERT LINK TO GAME THREAD HERE]

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:24 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 15, Ircher wrote:We also need result pms such as for a cop, "Player X is guilty/player X is innocent."
"Player X investigates as guilty"

Or: "Player X investigates as not guilty"?

I mean i can just read the wiki if i'm unsure what exactly to type right? I know a role cop should only tell what the players role name is and not alignment and etc.

- Bunno
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:15 pm

Post by mastina »

We still need the typed out results anyway.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:16 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Wow, that's incredibly annoying. But ok.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:28 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

If Neighbourizer succeeds:

Congratulations you may now communicate with [INSERT PLAYER HERE] using this PT -> [INSERT NEIGHBOURHOOD PT HERE].

If Neighbourizer fails:

No result.

If Cop succeeds:

Your target is of the [INSERT ALIGNMENT HERE] alignment.

If Cop fails:

No result.

Vengeful activated:

You may target any player in the game to flip them along with you during this twilight phase. You have 24 hours to do this, and if there is no response it will be seen as you taking no action.

Fruit Vendor successful:

Action successful.

Fruit Vendor target:

You have received a piece of fruit.

Role cop Successful:

Result: [INSERT ROLE NAME BUT NOT ALIGNMENT HERE]

Role cop fails:

No result.

Watcher result succeeds:

Your target was visited by [INSERT NAME OF VISITORS OR “NOBODY” AS AN RESULT, HERE]

Watcher fails:

No result.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:28 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Happy?

- Bunno
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:42 am

Post by Ircher »

In post 21, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Fruit Vendor successful:

Action successful.
This is part of the reason we check result pms; fruit vendors should not be informed whether their action succeeds or fails.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:43 am

Post by Ircher »

Everything else looked good to me.

Return to “Completed Game Reviews”