Micro 1051 | Minimalist Micro Normal | Postgame

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:25 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1174, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Did you crumb this claim?
No. I generally don't see the need to crumb roles that don't have info.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Wallflower
Wallflower
She
Goon
Wallflower
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:57 am

Post by Wallflower »

RCE might be the way to go then
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:13 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Couldn't we in theory just test the veracity of S_S's claim by limming them and if they do flip town they can venge-kill? Although it is not a given that they'd hit town in that instance.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:29 am

We still lose if I'm limmed today. If we get scum today then I can be limmed tomorrow at no cost.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:32 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Umm. So does scum win instantly if an vengeful is eliminated? Or not?
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:33 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Assuming 50% control all that's needed and S_S is town.
But shouldn't vengeful activate instanteneously and take down someone "with them" essentially?

- Bunno
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:40 am

In post 1179, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Umm. So does scum win instantly if an vengeful is eliminated? Or not?
I believe not. So it's 3:2, if I'm executed today and kill scum it will be 2:1, then scum NK to make it 1:1 and win.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:43 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Oh right.
Wow i really didn't think that one through did i.

- Bunno
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:50 am

Incidentally, this is also why I was playing the first few days so reserved; vengeful in a micro is powerful iff it survives to D4.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:52 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1183, Something_Smart wrote:Incidentally, this is also why I was playing the first few days so reserved; vengeful in a micro is powerful iff it survives to D4.
Does that mean you have reads, but just intentionally limited yourself to stay alive?

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:54 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Tbh, your reasoning actually makes a lot more sense than i expected.
And that makes this hard again. Ughhh.

- Bunno
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:10 am

To some extent. I've been souring on RCE for a while, but I didn't want to make a big stink about it yesterday. Seeing Tracer flip town made me want to go after you purely out of respect for his reads, but you seem pretty reasonable and willing to hear things out today which is +town for sure.

Hence the need for a reread. Hopefully I will have my head straightened out afterward. I haven't ever deliberately refused to commit this game, I just have a pretty high standard of evidence that I can rarely actually meet. But in lylo, and especially as a vengeful, I will need to accept whatever level of confidence I can get. So I promise I will have real opinions. (But they will not be stripped down the way Toog wants, because that loses all the nuance.)
Wallflower
Wallflower
She
Goon
Wallflower
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:19 am

Post by Wallflower »

Yeah, RCE has to be the play today imo. I think S_S is town, and even if it is Norwe/Toogeloo, that's a loss because RCE-town lims me over Norwe right?

And I also don't actually think it's Norwe/Toogeloo
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:27 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

So S_S and Wall want RCE.

RCE, Toog what are your thoughts on the game?

- Bunno
Wallflower
Wallflower
She
Goon
Wallflower
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:29 am

Post by Wallflower »

In post 1188, NorwegianboyEE wrote:So S_S and Wall want RCE.
to be fair to S_S, I think he wants to read more first
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:58 am

I do, yes.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:49 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 1188, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Toog what are your thoughts on the game?
If you are asking if I buy the claim. I don't. Claiming Vengeful in LimLo feels almost like someone claiming Ascetic on Day 1... Convenient.
RH
RH
he/him
Goon
RH
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:00 pm

Post by RH »

Day 3 Count I

Not Voting
- NorwegianboyEE, RCEnigma, Something_Smart, Toogeloo, Wallflower

Notes
  • My mod ISO is here.
  • With 5 remaining, it takes 3 to form a majority.
The
Day
concludes in (expired on 2022-05-01 13:29:22).

RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:14 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 1188, NorwegianboyEE wrote:So S_S and Wall want RCE.

RCE, Toog what are your thoughts on the game?
I'm odd man out because I'm still on the wall!scum train. Also kinda agree with Toog here. It's a win today claim.

I'll try and go back through the game but I stand where I stand aorn.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:02 am

I did the thing
Spoiler: Notes from reread
Norwee bravado in probably slightly +town. Gamma immediately jumps into defend (), potential WK? is also weird
WF votes and unvotes Tracer based on dumb alt speculation, I don't think it means anything
WF is weirdly missing the point of Meg's read. Probably +town?
WF basically singlehandedly starts the Gamma wagon. Two known townies jump on to make it the main wagon; I think the room being wagon-happy was pretty predictable at this point in time, and Gamma reacts pretty hostilely (), I think that's a pretty strong point against Toog/WF.
RCE's posts on page 9 make 0 sense, I do not think this is AI
makes Norwee/WF less likely
makes RCE/WF less likely (edit: too)
makes Norwee/RCE more likely especially given Norwee's followup
Not sure what to make of Norwee's , I think that could come from an RCE partner since he's diverting attention onto me.
Norwee and RCE are voting together from . I'll have to keep an eye on if they stay voting together, that's anti-partnery.
I believe I thought Norwee/RCE were unaligned because they wouldn't sit on the Ircher wagon together. However this is during a time when nothing is happening and there are no wagons, so I'm not sure it would be out of the question, especially since Ircher would be limbait with good reads and therefore a pretty good target for this.
Every single vote is on town in . I think this means scum are going to be avoiding making waves, at least at this point in time. If Toog is scum then there might be a change in urgency once they start getting wagoned, otherwise this attitude would persist through the rest of D1.
makes RCE/Toog more likely, that absolutely could be something to hide behind to avoid giving a read on your partner.
looks bad for RCE knowing that Ircher and Tracer are both town. In fact unless it's RCE/WF all of the people he mentioned here are town.
In the following posts Norwee is backing this up. Not sure if he would be this obvious as scum? But I do know Norwee to be pretty direct.
-tw claims at this point-
Norwee switches to me. WF switches to Toog. Toog claims after self-admittedly not knowing the VC. Toog/WF seems basically impossible at this point, and I would expect Norwee/Toog to be more organized than this probably?
Meanwhile Norwee is pushing a bunch of BS about me. I don't think this is super scummy, maybe a little. Plenty of people have trouble reading me.
Toog is willing to vote, like, anyone to avoid dying, mildly +scum. I'm curious to see what RCE does coming into this.
Norwee flips from me to Toog unprompted, huge mark against Norwee/Toog.
is RCE's first response to all of this, it's basically just a cop-out vote on me. Then he goes on to talk about how I'm scummier than Tracer (), then tw puts Toog to E-1 (), then RCE is suddenly more interested in killing Tracer (). Tw puts Tracer to E-1 and Tracer claims, RCE doesn't get a chance to react to this before the Meg flashwagon happens.
RCE continues to push Tracer/me/WF, Toog has RCE as their top townread in , that read has existed for a while but I don't think it was ever really explained?
Norwee has RCE as firm town. Hard for me to find the reasoning for this, his ISO is big though so I might have missed something.
Norwee defends me in , probably +town, but I guess it could be a good-cop bad-cop thing with RCE?
Norwee votes Toog, leaving me to decide. RCE tries to start a new wagon on WF but quickly changes his mind. Toog tries to wagon
me
, RCE's favorite target all game, but he doesn't seem to be interested, and eventually goes back to Tracer. Then basically all wagons except Tracer's collapse, nothing much interesting happens until Tracer is hammered.

The notes don't do my thoughts much justice, and they're probably nigh unreadable anyway, but my ranking of likely teams goes something like: RCE/Toog as the most likely, then RCE/Norwee, then WF/Norwee. (The other three would mean some weird and unnecessary distancing.) And WF/Norwee would make today absolutely hilarious-- it would mean that I claimed and both scum were like "yeah that makes sense" and both town were suspicious of it.
Right now I think the world I most believe in is RCE/Toog who were hoping to take me out today for the win. RCE being Toog's partner would explain some of the weirdness around the wagons, because RCE was too low-activity to be able to really save Toog, but he still always found a way to be pushing for an alternative.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:09 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

S_S the more i think about your claim the more i want to believe it is real.
I feel like it explains your play and it also seems very unlike you to come up with a fake claim, and have it be something unusual such as vengeful of all things.
And that's also doubly making me question the people that are doubting your claim. I feel this could come from mafia that wants to dismiss it as "of it's just to live longer, whatever" instead of seriously engaging with the implications.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:10 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1191, Toogeloo wrote:
In post 1188, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Toog what are your thoughts on the game?
If you are asking if I buy the claim. I don't. Claiming Vengeful in LimLo feels almost like someone claiming Ascetic on Day 1... Convenient.
Also this is an weird thought. Why is claiming ascetic on day 1 used as an example? I think that usually comes from town so why is that the example used?

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:12 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

And even if we say, lim your partner in a scum!you world.
Openly claiming Vengeful makes it so that it is fully possible for us to just lim you as an safety measure in the next day and then have you use your shot the kill the remaining scum. Assuming you are indeed town.

- Bunno
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:13 am

I think it's entirely possible that the only ones shading my claim are scum (Toog & RCE). I don't want to get overconfident... but it would be pretty satisfying if that were indeed the case.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:13 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

It's like... Either a town claim, or an very good fake claim.
Do you have history with making good fake claims as scum?

- Bunno

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”