Micro 1052: Lake Melancholy [END]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Shuichi Saihara
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2525 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:39 pm

Post by Shuichi Saihara »

who else i'm looking at is no one, especially not fire since that is what you want me to say
"Some lies can lead the world to hope... Some truths can lead the world to despair... So I don't think anyone can really say which is more right in the end."
Shuichi Saihara
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2526 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:40 pm

In post 2522, VP Baltar wrote:As I stated in the hood, I would love to have some actual interactions with you, but you seem to have your heels dug in/are quitting, and that isn't easy to work with.
i haven't posted since you made this request and although you are right that i'm going to ignore it, at least let me do that before you go pre-flipping my response
"Some lies can lead the world to hope... Some truths can lead the world to despair... So I don't think anyone can really say which is more right in the end."
Shuichi Saihara
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2527 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:45 pm

every post this dude makes is full of implicit threats to do what he wants or else it's wild

there's not even an or else you can implement when you're already voting me, if i even cared about scum voting me
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2528 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:11 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2523, skitter30 wrote:
In post 2521, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 2517, skitter30 wrote:
In post 2500, skitter30 wrote:I mean, fine, @vpb if you're town what am i missing?
I think i'm always going to pick fire as town over you which makes me a little nervous abt the ceph-town universe
Hey @vpb in case you missed it
What do you mean what are you missing? Happy to answer your question, just not following whatever you're asking.
i guess i meant: why should i be townreading you (bonus: why should i be scumreading fire)
cuz i scumread you a lot more than i scumread him so i'm kinda concerned that if ceph is town you're gonna get fire flipped tom
I can put some effort toward answering this tomorrow. Been a busy first couple days this week for me after a busy weekend, but I think tomorrow I might actually have time to play the game and do some deeper reviews of some people.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2529 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:13 pm

Post by skitter30 »

no rush, i would appreciate that when you have time
i still owe dats an answer r.e. fire as well
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2530 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:19 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2527, Shuichi Saihara wrote:every post this dude makes is full of implicit threats to do what he wants or else it's wild

there's not even an or else you can implement when you're already voting me, if i even cared about scum voting me
Yes, I want you to participate if you're town. This day is heading toward your lim. That's not a threat from me, it's the truth.

Another fact, I'm not scum.

I'm asking you to take these two facts and try to help town.
YOUR AD HERE

Shuichi Saihara
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2531 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:48 pm

here's a fact

i don't care
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2532 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:55 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Alright
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2533 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:55 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Maybe someone else can talk some sense in to you
YOUR AD HERE

Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #2534 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:51 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Anyone wanna vote cephrir or enchant?
I prefer they, thanks :)
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2535 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:37 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 604, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 601, VP Baltar wrote:So that seems off for prism to instead assume he's town bcause he didn't read the sample PM.
i think this is a misinterpretation
Rereading fire right now, and this post strikes me as a weird defense of Prism now that we know her alignment. I left at this point in the day because I thought maybe I was incorrect, but fire stepping in here could have been a buddy defense I suppose.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2536 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:40 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 657, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 654, VP Baltar wrote:This seems like a pedantic argument. Anytime we are getting to using single words in quotes, we have probably skewed too far from a good faith interpretation of what's being said.
that sounds like something that sounds nice but doesn't really apply to the current situation

like i don't think the fact that there is one word in quotes there has anything to do with the point being debated
Another case of fire chainsawing for Prism potentially.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2537 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:54 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 772, fireisredsir wrote:4. vp's early aggressive push on skitter is just... hm. kinda reminds me of monkey in the recent panic room game, where he's plausibly hiding behind an exaggerated push "for the sake of pressure" because then you don't have to look genuine while doing it. hm hm. like it feels like it's too... out of the playbook? if that makes any sense? and something that someone would likely want to pull out if they're having trouble fitting in and vibing

5. my hearts not in this one either. shuichi in 222 and voting dwlee soon after. idk if i can really count this one bc i agree with it so it doesn't really feel off but... i can very easily see a world where scum would sheep me on a somewhat under the radar read. and people try to pocket me like an average of 10 times per game so i should probably be wary of that possibility

6. vp 255 just doesn't feel like vp picking on things that i think town vp should genuinely care about picking on

7. 275 mostly noting this for later if we get some flips. but it does feel like dwlee is realigning their reads to be looking for scum in the generally popular scumreads. this isn't an inherently scummy thing to do but it is a potentially significant positioning move

8. datisi giving a teamread of skitter/vp but not wanting to givr any sort of a read on vp individually felt a little off to me

9. actually kinda not loving datisi's push on skitter in general here on a reread, although it didn't bother me the first time. the things he's choosing as reasons don't quite feel like they match the tone of the push? god the more I type here the less i feel like these reads are useful or explained in any coherent way but im already committed

10. dwlee's switch on vp in 410 kinda stands out to me bc vp had just recently started making some more effort-y posts, but I don't think the posts were very good? maybe dwlee disagrees, but if they have tmi that vp is town, i think his posts would look townier than they are
This whole bit of fire's most substantive post in the game is pretty meh to me. First, I find it very weird that first spends so much time talking about me this game without actually voting me. I've said this before I believe. But I also think it is weird he is like handing out scum points for people town reading, or at least not scum reading, me (datisi and dwlee in this case). It strikes me as someone who is trying to get other people to do their dirty work. I believe I pointed this out earlier as well when fire voted me by following datisi on me. It's shading without sticking his neck out or getting into open combat with me.

That kind of makes sense from a fire/prism team combo because it'd be very dumb for both of them to enter a 1 on 1 with me the first day. While that wasn't a direct case of me and Prism fighting, it was made clear pretty early on that one of us was going to die, so I can see fire trying to get others to take the charge on me so he could follow them.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2538 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:55 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 781, fireisredsir wrote:of the louder people i would put it as vp > skitter > prism > ari in scumminess. so prism didn't make the cut. there was like 1 or 2 things i noticed from her but they didn't really do as much for me as what i saw from vp and skitter
couple town lim options before we get to prism uh huh.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2539 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:57 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 874, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 844, Prism wrote:Lean scum on fireisred and am willing to vote there.
two main reasons for my play being different here, i think:

1) been gone the last few days so im not feeling very engaged with the thread rn. i think im not alone in feeling like nobody is really obvtown or obvscum here so far, and sifting out the more null reads is something that i don't feel confident in my ability to do when im mostly just popping in and out and not really able to engage with people or see things unfold in real time. shuichi and ari are the only ones i feel particularly towny on, and even there i have some paranoia

2) in combination with that, i know p much everyone in this game already, which is new for me. maybe for some people that makes things easier to read, but for me it makes me more able to see both sides of things and means i take longer to form solid reads

i know self meta is not gonna be very useful when i have nothing to back it up with, but im p sure i would have no difficulty voting someone here as scum, and i would because it obviously looks townier to others for me to do so. as town tho i really have no motivation to rn, at least until tomorrow when ill be back to normal levels of being around
could be an odd post to come from buddies. If their goal was distancing, you'd think fire would fight back more here.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2540 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:08 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1214, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 1204, VP Baltar wrote:does fire ever take a stance on Prism in this game?
no, not really. my impression of prism so far is that i don't feel like she's someone i can be very confident in a read in either direction, and im not likely to catch her as scum unless its later in the game and looking at more positional stuff. im not gonna pretend to have a solid stance on her yet, but i plan to keep an eye in that direction
this is mealy mouthed for sure. Past VP is smart sometimes to call things out!
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2541 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:12 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1251, fireisredsir wrote:
i think a town vp would be partner reading me with prism here.
he has everyone as a townread except me, prism, shuichi, and im apparently pocketing shuichi. i haven't really engaged with prism much or talked about her, and when he poked about it i gave a pretty noncommittal answer. but he let that go, which i found strange

maybe he hasn't commented on that explicitly bc he knows prism would object to that idea
And then there was this whole weird line of discussion from fire yesterday. This may also make more sense from a scum fire perspective than a town fire perspective. There is a potential bit of TMI to getting twisted up about me not team reading fire-prism. I still don't understand how a person as town sees this and thinks there is scum motivation from me for not calling a team at that point.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2542 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:14 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1397, fireisredsir wrote:i would prefer there not be a lim on prism, enchant, ari, shuichi. could be scum in there, but i don't want it today. probably would lean away from skitter at this point. really would like vp and i think it's doable. not sure on dwlee and datisi.
Late day attempt to redirect away from prism.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2543 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:15 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1398, Prism wrote:My pool is basically {Baltar, Enchant, Cephrir, Dwlee} unless there is a very good reason to go elsewhere and I am probably still better than Ceph/Dwlee.
Followed by prism immediately starting to support my yeet.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2544 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:17 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1416, fireisredsir wrote:its also funny cause vp thinks that i think i have some big gotcha or something, but i don't. it really was just a passing thought and he's the one who had made it into a big deal by squirming around it and acting weird and being afraid to actually put words to the things that he's implying
This is also fucking bullshit. I did not make the "fire-prism" team thing into a big deal. This was fire's point, and when I asked him to explain it, he made it out like I was clearly scummy for asking and not seeing his viewpoint.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2545 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:18 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1402, fireisredsir wrote:scum want a prism wagon, don't fall for scum propaganda!
of course, this is possibly TSTBS. Would probably need to do a deeper reading here and see what the likelihood Prism was going down here or not. If likely, fire looks less scummy for saying something so openly defensive of her.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2546 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:19 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1486, fireisredsir wrote:i promise to heavily consider prism tomorrow if you still think she's scum by then
umhmmm
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2547 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:22 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1647, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1583, fireisredsir wrote:why are you zeroing in on this like its the sole thing supporting my vp suspicion

i voted him long before this
It was 5 hours homie
In post 1128, fireisredsir wrote:let's goooooo im less sold on skitter now too

VOTE: vp
In post 1251, fireisredsir wrote:i think a town vp would be partner reading me with prism here. he has everyone as a townread except me, prism, shuichi, and im apparently pocketing shuichi. i haven't really engaged with prism much or talked about her, and when he poked about it i gave a pretty noncommittal answer. but he let that go, which i found strange

maybe he hasn't commented on that explicitly bc he knows prism would object to that idea
Reupping this as well. I do think this is a potentially relevant point of fire misrepesenting facts in an effort to make his points stronger. He played this off with a joke,
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2548 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:24 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1870, fireisredsir wrote:is it bad that im starting to feel like vp might be town

i think these may be bad feelings and i should resist them

any advice
fire, why did you say this at the time? Nothing in your ISO indicates town reading me.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2549 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:24 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1881, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 1874, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1870, fireisredsir wrote:is it bad that im starting to feel like vp might be town
Why are you feeling this way?
your play makes more sense to me knowing the existence of the hood

like it opens up a possible path for vp!town that i just wasn't seeing at all before

i still think that path is less likely but it's there

also i think dwlee does have a point that you're more agreeable as scum
NM, I asked about this apparently.
YOUR AD HERE

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”