UK Eastermeet 2022 Invitational (Game over!)

Wenna
Wenna
Townie
Wenna
Townie
Townie

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Fri May 13, 2022 12:20 am

Post by Wenna »

In post 139, Fenchurch wrote:Cpol, you're alive! Hooray!

I think one of the things that Fenchurch said early on that I didn't like was this. I, and I assume most town, were suspicious when cpol didn't die. Only someone who knew cpol was town (or who knew they weren't but were pretending they thought they were) would act so pleased. It seems like trying to act how town would react.

Postie was doing the polar opposite, and both together seemed like juxtaposed baddies.

But I started feeling better about Postie, and worse about Fenchurch.
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Fri May 13, 2022 12:28 am

Post by Fenchurch »

In post 524, Wenna wrote:Were you waiting for someone else to vote for me, just in case I am executed, so when I flip town it seems less incriminating for you?
If you flip town then I expect the game to be very likely at an end :(

In the event that it isn't though, I'm not sure why you think I'd look better as the second vote rather than first.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Fri May 13, 2022 12:34 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Vote Count

Cogito Ergo Sum (2)
: Nexus, Wenna
Wenna (2):
Primate, Fenchurch
Fenchurch (1):
Porochaz

Not voting (3):
Cogito Ergo Sum, cpol, Postie

With 8 players alive, 5 votes are required for an execution.

Time until deadline: (expired on 2022-05-16 09:00:00)
#greenshirtthursdays
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Fri May 13, 2022 12:41 am

Post by Fenchurch »

In post 525, Wenna wrote:I, and I assume most town, were suspicious when cpol didn't die.
Well it seems I had a considerably different interpretation of the end of Day 1 compared to some.

I might have been suspicious if the Day had ended 'normally'. But it ended suddenly, with Menno dropping the hammer without warning, literally a few hours after Cpol gave away his potato.

My assumption at that moment was that scum-Menno must have been trying to gain an extra townie death by launching Night whilst Cpol had no potato. I spent the next few days feeling bad for having not given it back straight away.

When Cpol survived, I simply thought 'oh good, whoever had the ability to save Cpol did so, because Menno's action confirmed him as town'. I actually assumed at that point that
everyone
would be reading Menno as scum and Cpol as town, that's how sure I was about what had happened.

I'm pretty sure I've covered all this before. Although now I start to wonder, perhaps some people didn't have the same reaction to the end of the Day because they already knew Menno was town, so it would never occur to them that they were dropping the hammer in order to deliberately kill Cpol.
Wenna
Wenna
Townie
Wenna
Townie
Townie

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Fri May 13, 2022 12:49 am

Post by Wenna »

Not knowing anything, I was suspicious of all of it. It doesn't have to be one or the other: Menno or cpol. I had town feelings on both, but was suspicious of both, all of it.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Fri May 13, 2022 1:12 am

Post by Primate »

In post 524, Wenna wrote:
In post 523, Fenchurch wrote:Well that's good, I'd prefer Wenna to Nexus.

VOTE: Wenna
If you'd rather vote for me than Nexus, why not just do it, why vote for Nexus before? Noone else was voting Nexus.

Were you waiting for someone else to vote for me, just in case I am executed, so when I flip town it seems less incriminating for you?
If you flip town we've got bigger problems than that.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Fri May 13, 2022 1:13 am

Post by Primate »

oh, sorry, for some reason it didn't update me there'd been new posts after this one.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Fri May 13, 2022 1:20 am

Post by Primate »

In post 430, Fenchurch wrote:My current guess for scum team is Wenna, Porochaz, and one of Cpol or CES.
I am kind of curious as to why you'd say this while voting nexus (and continuing to vote nexus and ask direct questions of nexus). You also have CES as a possibility here and not nexus, and if you wanted to vote ces you've had plenty of opportunity in the day.
Wenna
Wenna
Townie
Wenna
Townie
Townie

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Fri May 13, 2022 2:43 am

Post by Wenna »

I am curious about this too. As I said, why wasn't the vote already on me (or any of the other players listed).

Primate, why do you read me as a baddy, other than reading Fenchurch as a baddy (for I think, good reasons)?
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Fri May 13, 2022 3:18 am

Post by Fenchurch »

In post 532, Primate wrote:I am kind of curious as to why you'd say this while voting nexus (and continuing to vote nexus and ask direct questions of nexus). You also have CES as a possibility here and not nexus, and if you wanted to vote ces you've had plenty of opportunity in the day.
I've been back and forth on Nexus throughout the Day. Sometimes I think he's almost certainly scum, other times I think he could be town. I never felt certain enough either way to move my vote, and there didn't seem a good reason to. And although I put CES and Cpol in there, I'm not prepared to vote for either. They were my weakest scum reads (through mechanics and not play); I want to vote for one of the more scummy scum.

But I like to guess a scum team now and then anyway, in case I'm right.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I went back through Day 2. I see more why people thought Klick seemed town. My current reads are:

Strong town: Cpol and Postie. Both have several moments where they seem super genuine and to be approaching the game from a town perspective.

Maybe town: CES and Primate. These players read like town to me, but because they both have a more measured playstyle, I'm less confident, and I could imagine either of them pulling this off as scum.

Scummy: Nexus, Wenna and Porochaz. None of these have done anything that seems clearly town to me, apart from having believable reasons for not engaging with the game. But when there are probably 3 scum out there, I'd be happy to vote any of these.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Fri May 13, 2022 6:21 am

Post by Porochaz »

So 1. Glad there was utterly no acknowledgement of a vote or a case against Fenchurch.

2. Is no execution an option today?

Edited for term replacement - CDB
Last edited by ChannelDelibird on Sun May 15, 2022 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Any/all

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Fri May 13, 2022 6:29 am

Post by Postie »

I'm like 70% sure Primate is town rn fwiw
He's had a bunch of easy opportunities to expand on / flesh out certain thoughts (like calling me confirmed) that would have gotten him some potential towncred with little effort, but didn't, which strikes me as towny stubbornness

Also curious about no execution - from what I remember that's usually the optimal play for Mislim-or-Lose situations? But I can't tell if that's the current situation or not
Discourse is fleeting, but junk mail is forever.
cpol
cpol
Goon
cpol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Fri May 13, 2022 7:09 am

Post by cpol »

In post 16, Fenchurch wrote:Post #4 is everything :D thank you CDB, it was worth joining the game just for the enjoyment I got out of that.

Just to let you all know I thought my role is a bit dubious and if I have to claim I'm not sure it will be believed? Although now I've read the intro to the game perhaps that's not such a worry.

Hi Nexus!! :)
In post 416, Fenchurch wrote:I am
Titus
, the powerful yet doomed gladiator from the murder mystery… I’m a VT. My initial reaction, that I mentioned in my first post, is that this doesn’t seem believable because Titus doesn’t sound like a VT. But then all the VT flips have been slightly wacky stuff so…:shrug:

Popcorn to Primate.
Given that you are a VT - what about post #4 led you to think that you claim would be more believed? Your second post does not align with your first here. There is nothing in #4 that explains at that point in time why Titus may be a VT.
Wenna
Wenna
Townie
Wenna
Townie
Townie

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Fri May 13, 2022 8:18 am

Post by Wenna »

In post 535, Porochaz wrote:So 1. Glad there was utterly no acknowledgement of a vote or a case against Fenchurch.
I think I have made a few cases against Fenchurch! I would happily vote for them. But as it stands, there are currently more players voting for CES. Who I would also happily vote for (obviously).
Wenna
Wenna
Townie
Wenna
Townie
Townie

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Fri May 13, 2022 8:24 am

Post by Wenna »

In post 534, Fenchurch wrote:Scummy: Nexus, Wenna and Porochaz. None of these have done anything that seems clearly town to me, apart from having believable reasons for not engaging with the game. But when there are probably 3 scum out there, I'd be happy to vote any of these
So to be clear. You want to execute me because of an absence of town behaviour?

What about me trying to save cpol (after Menno kill) by defending them by explaining why a baddy vendor would hand him a potato (repeatedly, including the first suggestion of the possibility, and trying to shut down useless potato talk [repeatedly instigated by you {amongst others}]), and then explaining my regret that I did not move my vote from Postie to CES which could potentially have saved Menno (who I read as town, and had also defended) because I did not predict Menno voting themselves, so since moved my vote to CES?
Wenna
Wenna
Townie
Wenna
Townie
Townie

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Fri May 13, 2022 8:28 am

Post by Wenna »

Or is it just because the first day ended super quick when I was incredibly busy, and so hadn't even got a post in?

(That was pretty demotivating by the way).

Note: I made a huge effort to get involved and make up for that in the days following.
Wenna
Wenna
Townie
Wenna
Townie
Townie

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Fri May 13, 2022 8:45 am

Post by Wenna »

In post 535, Porochaz wrote:So 1. Glad there was utterly no acknowledgement of a vote or a case against Fenchurch.

2. Is no execution an option today?
VOTE: Fenchurch

Last edited by ChannelDelibird on Sun May 15, 2022 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Any/all

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Fri May 13, 2022 9:59 am

Post by Postie »

VOTE: CES

Safe enough for me to revote then

@CES
- What do you make of the counterwagons to yours? Do you think either are scum-driven?
Discourse is fleeting, but junk mail is forever.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Fri May 13, 2022 10:19 am

Post by Porochaz »

Oh sorry I just meant from fenchurch. I expected even just a one line dismissal but didn't even get that.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Fri May 13, 2022 10:46 am

Post by Fenchurch »

In post 539, Wenna wrote:What about me trying to save cpol (after Menno kill) by defending them by explaining why a baddy vendor would hand him a potato (repeatedly, including the first suggestion of the possibility, and trying to shut down useless potato talk [repeatedly instigated by you {amongst others}]), and then explaining my regret that I did not move my vote from Postie to CES which could potentially have saved Menno (who I read as town, and had also defended) because I did not predict Menno voting themselves, so since moved my vote to CES?
Neither of those things strike me as town, no. Your explanations for the potato don't make sense to me - why swap a guaranteed townie death into a potential execution? It's clearly a misplay if that was the intent, given that we haven't executed Cpol. So I'm still a bit bothered by the potato play, and I don't agree that speculating on it is 'useless' like you insist it is.

Your resistance to executing Menno is also not town to me. For one thing, having been right about Menno doesn't make me think a person is town; I thought Menno was scum and I am town. What's more important is the way you form reads, whether you seem to be trying to figure out the game from a town perspective. I don't get that sense from you.
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Fri May 13, 2022 11:03 am

Post by Fenchurch »

In post 543, Porochaz wrote:Oh sorry I just meant from fenchurch. I expected even just a one line dismissal but didn't even get that.
Apologies - your vote didn't seem that significant given everyone has already said they think I'm scummy, and nothing leapt out that would benefit from me responding.

Regarding the reads list that you apparently think is so bad: given that nearly half the remaining players are scum, I'm don't think it's odd that I see a lot of people as potential scum. Although I guess it sounds worse when you paraphrase it as 'probably scum' like you chose to do there.

I've explained the rationale between all of my reads, as well as who I actually want to execute.
In post 535, Porochaz wrote:2. Is no execution an option today?
I wondered that at some point, but I think we ought to have done it right at the start of the day if we were going to :( it wasn't until later that I realised we were at an even number.
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Fri May 13, 2022 11:07 am

Post by Fenchurch »

Oh I could have explained that better. If we were gonna no execute, it would have been best to have done it before giving reads, and definitely before mass claiming, so that scum had as little information as possible about the optimal kill was. If we do it now I think all that happens is we lose our towniest player - who we weren't going to execute anyway - and they are no longer able to influence the game. So now, I don't think it is a good play.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Fri May 13, 2022 11:21 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Given the situation we're in, we might also need Postie to jailkeep scum to stand a chance at winning, so I'd rather stay at evens.
In post 539, Wenna wrote:What about me trying to save cpol (after Menno kill) by defending them by explaining why a baddy vendor would hand him a potato (repeatedly, including the first suggestion of the possibility, and trying to shut down useless potato talk [repeatedly instigated by you {amongst others}]), and then explaining my regret that I did not move my vote from Postie to CES which could potentially have saved Menno (who I read as town, and had also defended) because I did not predict Menno voting themselves, so since moved my vote to CES?
This is pure revisionism. First off, I actually mentioned why a potato vendor might save cpol first (back in ) but more importantly, you followed up your attempt to "save cpol" by indicating a willingness to vote for him.

You also absolutely did not defend Menno (e.g. is still very open to a Mennoexecution; the fact that you cast shade on ~5 other people is sort of hilarious and doesn't meaningfully affect the central point). You cannot seriously claim you read Menno as town and defended them when you made this post:
In post 338, Wenna wrote:So that's 4 votes each on Menno and CES with only Porochaz (and me) left to vote...

I thought the day ended in 25 minutes but it turns out I don't know what days are, so that's good.

Only 24 hours left!
If your best example of town behaviour is not voting for someone you thought was suspicious over someone you claim you thought was town and letting them be executed as a result, I think that speaks volumes.

Vote: Wenna

Last edited by ChannelDelibird on Sun May 15, 2022 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Wenna
Wenna
Townie
Wenna
Townie
Townie

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Fri May 13, 2022 11:47 am

Post by Wenna »

In post 547, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:This is pure revisionism. First off, I actually mentioned why a potato vendor might save cpol first (back in #183) but more importantly, you followed up your attempt to "save cpol" by indicating a willingness to vote for him.
In post 169, Wenna wrote:What if a baddy potato vendor gave cpol a potato to throw him under the marketcart?
Post 169.

More reasons I'd vote for you.
cpol
cpol
Goon
cpol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Fri May 13, 2022 11:53 am

Post by cpol »

In post 537, cpol wrote:
In post 16, Fenchurch wrote:Post #4 is everything :D thank you CDB, it was worth joining the game just for the enjoyment I got out of that.

Just to let you all know I thought my role is a bit dubious and if I have to claim I'm not sure it will be believed? Although now I've read the intro to the game perhaps that's not such a worry.

Hi Nexus!! :)
In post 416, Fenchurch wrote:I am
Titus
, the powerful yet doomed gladiator from the murder mystery… I’m a VT. My initial reaction, that I mentioned in my first post, is that this doesn’t seem believable because Titus doesn’t sound like a VT. But then all the VT flips have been slightly wacky stuff so…:shrug:

Popcorn to Primate.
Given that you are a VT - what about post #4 led you to think that you claim would be more believed? Your second post does not align with your first here. There is nothing in #4 that explains at that point in time why Titus may be a VT.
Bump.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”