Scummies
Goon
Scummies
Goon
Goon

2021 Scummies and Mashies Ceremony!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:05 am

Post by Scummies »

Noraa: Ythan and Aristophanes join us tonight to discuss the 2021-2022 Scummies awards. I think that we should we put all of the awards on the wheel and see what happens! What do you both say?
Ythan: I think that would make things quite interesting!
Aristophanes: I'm fine with that as well.
Noraa: Alright, let's see what this wheel has in store for us!
Noraa: Rising Star is awarded to a newer player who has shown huge potential or improvement over the past year.
Ythan: Rising Star was between Lukewarm, Val89, and Roden. Drumroll please.
*drumroll*

Ythan: The winner of the 2021-2022 Rising Star Scummie is Lukewarm! Congratulations!
Anonymous Shellfish: "Lukewarm's influence on mafiascum has already transcended games, going into the community as well"
Noraa: Congrats Lukewarm!
Aristophanes: Congrats!
Noraa: Alright, let's see what the next Scummie will be!
Noraa: Game of the Year is a public award and is given to the site's favorite game that year.
Aristophanes: Game of the Year had some fierce competition! It was between Triplicate by Jingle,
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn by GuyInFreezer,
Squid Game by PookyTheMagicalBear,
FGO: Mafia in the Lost Belt 2 by Cabd and penguin_alien,
Masochists Mafia II by Firebringer,
and Manatee's Pokemon Large Theme by May and Brendan.
Drumroll please!
*drumroll*

Aristophanes: The winner of the 2021-2022 Game of the Year Scummie is Squid Game by PookyTheMagicalBear. Congrats PookyTheMagicalBear!
Anonymous Pelican: "This is a parachute"
Noraa: Congratulations Pooky!
Ythan: Congrats!
Noraa: Next up is Kodak Moment. Kodak Moment is awarded to the player(s) involved in the most memorable moment in a Mafia game. This can be anything from a funny gambit to a silly fakeclaim. The Kodak Moment Scummie was between Datisi during Open 806: JK9++,
Annie Edison, Here There Be Dragons, and PookyTheMagicalBear during Mini 2230: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night,
and DkKoba, PookyTheMagicalBear, InsidiousLemons, and clidd during Mini Normal 2205: ROTITGBSMOD.
Drumroll everyone!
*drumroll*

Noraa: The winners of the 2021-2022 Kodak Moment Scummie are Annie Edison, Here There Be Dragons, and PookyTheMagicalBear during Mini 2230: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. Congratulations all of you!
Ythan: Congrats everyone!
Noraa: Post of the Year is another public award that is voted on by the Mafia community as a whole. As the name suggests, it is awarded to the best post made that year!
Ythan: Post of the Year's nominations included these three posts:
this song (Haschel Cedricson's)
this Chess game post (GeorgeBailey's)
this video (HoldenGolden's)
Drumroll please!
*drumroll*

Ythan: The winner of the 2021-2022 Post of the Year Scummie is Haschel Cedricson for this song. Congrats Haschel Cedricson!
Anonymous Squid: "Haschel's song is something that deserves to be in the mafiascum hall of fame"
Noraa: Congratulations Haschel!
Noraa: Don Corleone is awarded to the person with the best scumplay in the past year.
Aristophanes: Dwlee99, PookyTheMagicalBear, and petapan (catboi) were nominated for the 2021-2022 Don Corleone Scummie. Drumroll please!
*drumroll*

Aristophanes: The winner is petapan! Congrats petapan!
Anonymous Turtle: "nya~"
Noraa: Congratulations petapan!
Noraa: Modfather is awarded to the mod that mods the best, highest-quality games. Modfather was between Morning Tweet, Morning Tweet, and Morning Tweet! Drumroll please!
*drumroll*

Noraa: The winner of the 2021-2022 Modfather Scummie is Morning Tweet. Congratulations Morning Tweet!
Aristophanes: Congrats Morning Tweet!
Noraa: Paperback Writer is awarded to the moderator of the most flavored up game in the past year.
Ythan: Paperback was between penguin_alien for Warehouse 13: The Mafia Game,
Ydrasse for Mini 2243: Chromatic Ascension,
and fferyllt for Shakespeare UPick.
Drumroll please.
*drumroll*

Ythan: The winner of the 2021-2022 Paperback Writer Scummie is fferyllt for Shakespeare UPick. Congrats fferyllt!
Anonymous Ferret: "Flavor was woven into every part of the game; pretty much every post from the moderator had some flavor."
Noraa: Congratulations fferyllt!
Noraa: Goodfellas is a group award for the best scum team of the year.
Ythan: Goodfellas was between the following scum teams:
Cabd, PookyTheMagicalBear, Almost50, Lady Lambdadelta, Spiffeh, Cephrir, and Gypyx in TENET,
petapan, Not_Mafia, Momrangal, Menalque, Ydrasse, skitter30, and lilith2013 in Mini 2206: Deja Vu: Perpetual MELO IV,
and Ramcius and Gamma Emerald in Masochist Mafia II.
Drumroll please!
*drumroll*

Ythan: The winners of the 2021-2022 Goodfellas Scummie are Cabd, PookyTheMagicalBear, Almost50, Lady Lambdadelta, Spiffeh, Cephrir, and Gypyx in TENET. Congrats all of you!
Anonymous Fish: "Town got snowed"
Noraa: Congratulations!
Noraa: Mashterstroke is awarded to the most memorable moment in any Mish Mash game/LSG. Mashterstroke was between Aronis, Aronis, and Aronis. Drumroll please!
*drumroll*

Noraa: Aronis is the winner of the 2021-2022 Mashterstroke Mashie! Congratulations Aronis!
Anonymous Seal: "a shining moment for us was him sealing our alliance with a ring (his double vote). This gesture sealed the deal for us, locking him into our final 2 and wanting to go to the end with him, no matter what."
Anonymous Puffin: "Jesus managed to have some funny moments and had an entire prayer thread devoted to him, growing on his tribe like a fungus and very nearly winning the game. I guess you could say:
Spoiler:

Ythan: Congratulations Aronis!
Noraa: Best Mish Mash Newbie is awarded to the well .. best Mish Mash Newbie! You can see it as Mish Mash's Rising Star.
Ythan: Best Mish Mash Newbie had some fierce competition between Coolcatjune, Gypyx, ORAM, and emrysmoonchild.
Drumroll please!
*drumroll*

Ythan: The winner of the 2021-2022 Mish Mash Newbie Mashie is Coolcatjune! Congrats Coolcatjune!
Anonymous Zebra: "I cannot BELIEVE that she just started out in the community this year and already has the resume of a champ. Whenever I get to encounter her in games, I know she is a force to be reckoned with; although, a kind one."
Anonymous Crocodile: "this was the year of June. She’s a social powerhouse, and a sweetheart to boot. Truly the coolest of cats."
Noraa: Congratulations June!
Noraa: Next up we have Community Contributor which is awarded to the person who has contributed the most to the site that year. Community Contributor was between TemporalLich and TemporalLich!
Drumroll please!
*drumroll*

Noraa: The winner of the 2021-2022 Community Contributor Scummie is TemporalLich for all the amazing work he has done on the wiki. Congratulations TemporalLich!
Ythan: Congratulations TemporalLich!

Noraa: Best Social Game is awarded to the best Large Social Game of the year.
Aristophanes: Best Social game was between five games:
Barely Survivor run by Silverclaw, Pine, and CaptainMeme
Survivor of the Fittest run by Save the Dragons, Noraa, and Haschel Cedricson
Survivor Pantheon run by VashtaNeurotic, CreativeMod1, and PrivateI
Survivor: Wes Anderson run by bippy, Sirius9121, and Skelda
Survivor Three Houses run by Cephrir, BipolarChemist, and CaptainMeme
Drumroll please!
*drumroll*

Aristophanes: The winners of the 2021-2022 Best Social Game Mashie are Cephrir, BipolarChemist, and CaptainMeme for Survivor Three Houses! Congrats!
Anonymous Bonobo: "I enjoyed the different idol hunts being very convoluted, making getting the idol that much more rewarding."
Anonymous Jellyfish: "The game was well designed, the moderators were responsive and supportive, the cast was fantastic."
Noraa: Congratulations!!
Noraa: Hannibal Lector is awarded to the best third party play exhibited by a player in a Mafia game.
Aristophanes: The 2021-2022 Hannibal Lector Scummie was between Wisdom for Shakespeare UPick,
Sequence for BooneyToonz XV: Dance of the Dark Fairy,
and mastina for Triplicate.
Drumroll please!
*drumroll*

Aristophanes: The winner is mastina for Triplicate! Congrats mastina!
Noraa: Congratulations mastina!
Noraa: Next up is Rube Goldberg which is awarded to the most balanced and well thought out Normal/Open Mafia game.
GuyInFreezer for Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
and Jingle for Triplicate
Drumroll please!
*drumroll*

Noraa: The winner of the 2021-2022 Rube Goldberg Scummie is GuyInFreezer for Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. Congratulations GuyInFreezer!
Anonymous Goat: "It was very well balanced"
Aristophanes: Congrats GuyInFreezer!
Noraa: We have Smashmouth, Mad Scientist, White Knight, Paragon, Moment of Brilliance, and Mashtermind left. We're getting close to the end everyone!
Noraa: White Knight is awarded to the best replacement of the year. Smashmouth, Mad scientist, Paragon, Moment of Brilliance, and Mashtermind left.
Ythan: White Knight had quite some nominations! It was between Dannflor in Not Quite Normal Multiball,
DkKoba in Mini Normal 2205: ROTITGBSMOD,
Morning Tweet in Mini 2206: Deja Vu: Perpetual MELO IV,
Cabd in Mini 2250: Role-A-Pair Mafia,
and MathBlade in Open 809: Charge Me Up.
Drumroll please!
*drumroll*

Ythan: The winner of the 2021-2022 White Knight Scummie is Dannflor in Not Quite Normal Multiball. Congrats Dannflor!
Anonymous Porcupine: "Dannflor's performance [was] ... most memorable to me."
Noraa: Congratulations Dannflor!
Noraa: Only one more Mashie left! Smashmouth is awarded to the best Mish Mash Player (smart, strategic, and fun) of the Year. Smashmouth was between CaptainMeme and Awoo.
Drumroll everyone!
*drumroll*

Noraa: The winner of the 2021-2022 Smashmouth Mashie is CaptainMeme! Congratulations CaptainMeme!
Anonymous Stick Bug: "Eagle will be the top character for a while and forever immortalized and Meme’s been a big part of the community for a while"
Anonymous Dolphin: "I can genuinely say, seeing Meme in a playerlist or after game reveal has always brightened my day. He’s a great and chaotic player and I think that deserves to be rewarded."
Ythan: Congratulations!
Noraa: With Paragon, only Mad scientist, Moment of Brilliance, and Mashtermind are left! Paragon is awarded to the best town player of the year.
Ythan: The 2021-2022 Paragon Scummie was between PookyTheMagicalBear and Cabd. Drumroll please!
*drumroll*

Ythan: This was a tie! Congrats Cabd and PookyTheMagicalBear!
Anonymous Cheetah: "Pooky has consistently stunned me with how good he has been at scumhunting."
Anonymous Starfish: "Cabd is a scumhunting GOD"
Noraa: Congratulations Cabd and Pooky!
Noraa: Only Moment of Brilliance and Mashtermind are left! Mad Scientist is awarded to the Mafia game with the best mechanics.
Aristophanes: Mad Scientist was between
Chara for The Binding of Isaac Mafia,
Gypyx and MURDERCAT for Draft Mafia/Open Draft Mafia,
and Jingle for Triplicate.
Drumroll please!
*drumroll*

Aristophanes: The winner of the 2021-2022 Mad Scientist Scummie is Jingle for Triplicate! Congrats Jingle!
Noraa: Congratulations Jingle!
Noraa: I'm betting Mashtermind is next!
Ythan: Alright let's do this, last two awards!
Noraa: Mashtermind is awarded to the best Mish Mash game of the year. Mashtermind was between Farren for Splendor and Haschel Cedricson for Taskmaster.
Drumroll please!
*drumroll*

Noraa: The winner of the final Mashie, the 2021-2022 Mashtermind Mashie is Haschel Cedricson for Taskmaster! Congratulations Haschel Cedricson!
Anonymous Wolf: "It's unfair to compare a simply well run mish mash game to this Site Event."
Anonymous Grasshopper: "The calls, beautifully edited clips, fun team interactions and ridiculously fun and funny tasks, it was really cool, and as a judge it’s hard not to vote for it."
Noraa: We are wrapping up the 2021-2022 Scummies ceremony with Moment of Brilliance! Moment of Brilliance is awarded to a group of town players who were the superstars of their game. The stage is yours, Aristophanes.
Aristophanes: Alright, this was another packed award with fierce competition between
morph the cat, Celestial Powerhouse, PookyTheMagicalBear, and unwnd in Not Quite Normal Multiball,
Toogeloo, Sakura Hana, Romance, and mastina in Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn,
Lady Lambdadelta and PookyTheMagicalBear in Warehouse 13: The Mafia Game,
The town in Open 834: Trust Fall,
and Morning Tweet in Mini 2206: Deja Vu: Perpetual MELO IV.
Drumroll please!
*drumroll*

Aristophanes: The winners of the final Scummie, the 2021-2022 Moment of Brilliance Scummie are morph the cat, Celestial Powerhouse, PookyTheMagicalBear, and unwnd in Not Quite Normal Multiball. Congrats all of you!
Noraa: Congratulations!
Noraa: Well, it's been a long night, but this was a lovely Scummies ceremony!
Ythan: Yeah, I totally agree. It's been a pleasure being here. Those comments from judges were really fun to read!
Aristophanes: I enjoyed having the wheel quite a bit. That was a great decision.
Noraa: Thank you to everyone who nominated other players for Scummies or Mashies. Thank you to our judges. Thank you to the Scummies steering committee. Thank you everyone, we could not have done this without you!
Last edited by Scummies on Sat May 14, 2022 3:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:06 am

Post by Ircher »

Congratulations to all our winners!
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Hosting: The Grand Neighborhood [In Signups: 8/9 ONE MORE!]
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:16 am

Post by Noraa »

Congratulations to all of the winners!!!
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:24 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

Congrats everyone!
GTKAMURDERCAT

Retired from playing, find me on discord
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:42 am

Post by TemporalLich »

congrats to the winners!
time will end
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:56 am

Post by xofelf »

Good job everybody!
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:14 am

Post by Lukewarm »

Congrats everyone!
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:34 am

Post by RH9 »

Congratulations to all of the nominees and finalists!
Congratulations to all of the winners!
GTKAS: 2022, 2024

v/la every weekend

indefinite hiatus from mafia solo
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:42 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

Oh man, this is awesome! Thank you so much!

MS MishMash is a fantastic community and I can honestly say my life is much better for it (especially given I met my bf here <3 ). Huge thanks to all the mods who ran the various other games, they're always highlights of my year.

Gratz to Haschel for the Taskmaster win too, that was ridiculously fun to play and the Mashie is very well deserved.
Sometimes when I'm thinking of a track to submit, I think to myself "okay I could submit X, but I know a lot of people won't care for it, there's no point in wasting their time and mine". Glad to see [CaptainMeme] isn't burdened by such thoughts.

-Het
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:44 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

Also - everyone in the MishMash Newbie category was fantastic to play with and to watch play, and very glad to have you all on the site. Gratz June on taking that one!
Sometimes when I'm thinking of a track to submit, I think to myself "okay I could submit X, but I know a lot of people won't care for it, there's no point in wasting their time and mine". Glad to see [CaptainMeme] isn't burdened by such thoughts.

-Het
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:00 am

Post by BipolarChemist »

ayy wonderful news! thanks y'all and congrats to the winners!!
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:24 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 7, RH9 wrote:Congratulations to all of the nominees and finalists!
Congratulations to all of the winners!
+1
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:32 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Congrats everyone!

I know the whole scummy process takes a lot of work and creativity. Thanks so much to everyone who contributed to making it happen!

also, pooky too stronk. :eek: :o :eek:

Really well done!
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:43 pm

Post by Prism »

Some special milestones: peta becomes the first 2x Don Corleone (2012 & 2021), and while this is Pooky's first time winning Paragon, 16 years ago he won "Best Overall Player".

Many currently active players weren't even born yet! The lesson here is that the old dogs can learn new tricks.
Last edited by Prism on Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:50 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 13, Prism wrote:peta becomes the first 2x Don Corleone (2012 & 2021)
There should be some kind of recognition for being an Anagram Don Corleone
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
coolcatjune
coolcatjune
Townie
coolcatjune
Townie
Townie

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 4:31 pm

Post by coolcatjune »

Thank you all! Congrats to everyone else! This has been such a highlight of my past year :)
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:35 pm

Post by skitter30 »

Congrats to all of the winners!
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
ORAM
ORAM
She/Her
Townie
ORAM
She/Her
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:47 pm

Post by ORAM »

Congrats to everyone!
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:52 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 13, Prism wrote:Some special milestones: peta becomes the first 2x Don Corleone (2012 & 2021), and while this is Pooky's first time winning Paragon, 16 years ago he won "Best Overall Player".

Many currently active players weren't even born yet! The lesson here is that the old dogs can learn new tricks.
Doing a quick count, Pooky won 5 scummies! I wonder if that is a milestone too? I am too lazy to look back to check, so I will assume it is

Congrats Pooky for being the first person to win 5 scummies in a single year!!
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:53 pm

Post by Prism »

Hectic got 5 last year
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:55 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

I retract
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:55 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

lmao
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:55 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

still hella impressive, and congratulations Pooky!
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 6:08 pm

Post by Ythan »

Yay good job everyone.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:05 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Congrats awesome people and winners (who are also awesome)! :)
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Return to “Scummies and Mashies Archives”