Micro 1053: DmangwGBiaf [game over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 9:11 am

Post by DkKoba »

I was in a terrible position after the Yeet push and had norwee hard townread
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 9:23 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

Maybe they feared the "why am I alive" from you.
Would you have supported the massclaim?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 9:30 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1124, DkKoba wrote:im just unsure why kill me even if I was gonna end up being a PR :P
I was sure StD was a Pr but I was thinking you and Ari could have been masons with unexplained townreads and how some things didn’t make sense. You’ll see when the PT opens up
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 9:31 am

Post by MathBlade »

Don’t get me wrong, I made mistakes but three innos in a micro is too much.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 9:35 am

Post by Enchant »

Techically Gamma is not inno, that's reason why i overruled innitial attempt to kill Gamma and killed NK15 instead.

But it knew i was going down likely so eh.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 9:45 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 1127, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1124, DkKoba wrote:im just unsure why kill me even if I was gonna end up being a PR :P
I was sure StD was a Pr but I was thinking you and Ari could have been masons with unexplained townreads and how some things didn’t make sense. You’ll see when the PT opens up
;P just trust that I am good enough to townread many people pretty well.

I need to start being more careful with certain people though because this is the second game I let a scum into my top tier townreads in a row
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 9:58 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1129, Enchant wrote:Techically Gamma is not inno, that's reason why i overruled innitial attempt to kill Gamma and killed NK15 instead.

But it knew i was going down likely so eh.
Don’t worry about it. It was trying to make lemonade out of lemons. I appreciate you finishing it out. I’ve repped into bad games before and I appreciate you being a great sport and definitely don’t add this to the L column.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 9:59 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 1128, MathBlade wrote:Don’t get me wrong, I made mistakes but three innos in a micro is too much.
No.
There were not three innos. There were two. Gamma was only an inno because none of you claimed anything but VT. THAT turned gamma into an inno.
And even then - 7p with 3 innos and 2 scum has 50% EV. One of you needed to be townier than all the town that were left though. A task that was failed when you fought against the massclaim.

You made the following errors:
1.You didn't kill an obvious PR in a micro. That's almost always a mistake in a micro when a VT goes down Day 1.
2.You killed a townie whose reads were great - for scum.
3.You misjudged the will of the town and the strength of your arguments when you decided to fight against a massclaim.
Making all of these errors in one game was fatal.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 9:59 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1130, DkKoba wrote:
In post 1127, MathBlade wrote:
;P just trust that I am good enough to townread many people pretty well.

I need to start being more careful with certain people though because this is the second game I let a scum into my top tier townreads in a row
Norwegian was designed to be a top tier read of yours. So don’t feel too bad.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 10:01 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1132, Not Known 15 wrote:
In post 1128, MathBlade wrote:Don’t get me wrong, I made mistakes but three innos in a micro is too much.
No.
There were not three innos. There were two. Gamma was only an inno because none of you claimed anything but VT. THAT turned gamma into an inno.
And even then - 7p with 3 innos and 2 scum has 50% EV. One of you needed to be townier than all the town that were left though. A task that was failed when you fought against the massclaim.

You made the following errors:
1.You didn't kill an obvious PR in a micro. That's almost always a mistake in a micro when a VT goes down Day 1.
2.You killed a townie whose reads were great - for scum.
3.You misjudged the will of the town and the strength of your arguments when you decided to fight against a massclaim.
Making all of these errors in one game was fatal.
I can’t refute all of this at work but wowza a lot of this to me is wrong.

Being forced to kill a PR on n1 versus influence of gamestare is a sign a setup is bad.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 10:03 am

Post by MathBlade »

Scum is made up of two parts.

1 is dayplay 2 is mechanics

Koba was an excellent kill because by dayplay Norwegian boy on me D2 or a town D2 leads to a sweep by Norway.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 10:04 am

Post by MathBlade »

Admittedly yes I made mistakes but if you’re forced to kill a PR on N1 and the Pr only posts “I am Swiss cheese and there’s likely two scum”

Then scum not killing that player results in scum losing is bad.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 10:13 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Things kinda got lucky for town because two non-confirms had interactions with confirms that were enough to effectively clear them.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 10:36 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 1136, MathBlade wrote:Admittedly yes I made mistakes but if you’re forced to kill a PR on N1 and the Pr only posts “I am Swiss cheese and there’s likely two scum”

In micros, you have to treat every PR as an IC until proven otherwise.
Micros are just not big games. PR's matter. In minis and Larges you can afford to let PR's live. In a Micro, you can not.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 10:40 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1138, Not Known 15 wrote:
In post 1136, MathBlade wrote:Admittedly yes I made mistakes but if you’re forced to kill a PR on N1 and the Pr only posts “I am Swiss cheese and there’s likely two scum”

In micros, you have to treat every PR as an IC until proven otherwise.
Micros are just not big games. PR's matter. In minis and Larges you can afford to let PR's live. In a Micro, you can not.
And that’s imho a fundamental flaw in the setup design.

If scum kill PRs only then they can’t kill threats or to manipulate and that’s a huge handicap for scum.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 10:40 am

Post by MathBlade »

And then town just doesn’t post until D2 and no elims and wins.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 10:47 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 1140, MathBlade wrote:And then town just doesn’t post until D2 and no elims and wins.
D2 was winnable until you pushed against massclaim the way you did.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 10:51 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 1139, MathBlade wrote:And that’s imho a fundamental flaw in the setup design.
A Normal micro works like this, Math. Powerful PR's in a micro are IC's or 1v1 or 2v1 material.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 11:02 am

Post by MathBlade »

Then micros shouldn’t work like that is my point.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 11:03 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1141, Not Known 15 wrote:
In post 1140, MathBlade wrote:And then town just doesn’t post until D2 and no elims and wins.
D2 was winnable until you pushed against massclaim the way you did.
If mass claim is protown then the proper play for town is to literally not play D1, scum shoot a VT > rand

Profit and win.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 11:06 am

Post by MathBlade »

Like literally don’t play PRs claim opening post of D2 with results or it’s a scum claim.

Then 1-2 PRs claim they become conf due to not having information to CC.

If you’re going to have PRs be breakable like that scum have to be informed or a way to counter
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 11:16 am

Post by MathBlade »

9 alive, into next day 8 alive.

2 PRs claim open D2 become conf on virtue of claiming. (Assume no results to be friendly)
6 other players remain. 2 scum 4 VTs.
Assume VT dies
PR dies

2 scum 3 VTs 1 PR.

Miselim a VT then NK a PR

2 scum vs 2 VTs is barely a scum win.

So technically possible for scum to win but then they have no thread control and it’s whoever the PRs say is elimmed dies.

So that’s a thing.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 11:17 am

Post by MathBlade »

Then add in NK15 which was an inno because traitors don’t exist in micros scum loses if town never plays.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 11:39 am

Post by MathBlade »

If you “help” scum by killing a random player ( > likely VT) on no elim it becomes worse.
Greater than rand VT kill

D2 becomes 2 scum 2 PR (ICs) versus 3 VTs.
Elim a VT
Then 2 scum 1 PR 2 VTs elo

PR/IC exists so you don’t miselim. So PR decides who dies and whether town wins or loses.

With 2 PRs there’s 0 incentive to collaborate and every incentive to just no elim, mass claim D2
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 12:17 pm

Post by Enchant »

FLASHWAGONS.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”