Goon
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/she

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2022 10:24 pm

Post by Cat.Jpeg »

If Goldfish is mafia then she knew we would'nt track her though. If she aint mafia then she's almost definitely the NK. If she's town we get a Malcolm clear too. I think shes the best vote because it's likely shes mafia and im not sure enough about everyone else to risk the game (except I still townread furtive and strongly townread Alianna). Also Furtive and Dunnstral pls unvote, if you are town (and at least one of you must be) you're putting each other at e-1 in a way (because if another town votes one of you then mafia can just jump on and we will lose)
Meow and also meow and also I'm cold
Also don't dwell
GTKAS
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2022 10:33 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

You're right but you also have a strong incentive to try to switch our vote if you are mafia
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2022 10:50 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Yeah, no. I'm putting my foot down and saying we are not voting out goldfish today. You've been trying (and succeeding) to convince town to play to not lose instead of playing to win this whole game. You're going to have to vote out Furtive or myself, my vote isn't moving.
Cat.Jpeg
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/she

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2022 2:55 am

Post by Cat.Jpeg »

I know you have be scumreading Furtive for a long time but I don't see what makes you so confident they are scum. You have hinted you think I'm their partner but im not so I just dont see who they could be partnered with, except Goldfish.
Meow and also meow and also I'm cold
Also don't dwell
GTKAS
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2022 3:23 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

The problem with voting out Goldfish is even have to be confident we're voting out scum here because if Goldfish is town and not the NK, we've basically lost the game for ourselves. It seems like an incredibly roundabout approach to eliminate Goldfish in the hope we'll hit the night-kill even if they are town, ultimately I feel like we need to eliminate the candidate we're most confident is scum here and I struggle to see how that is Goldfish, who has been widely townread so far. And even if Goldfish was the town night-kill and we had another turn to eliminate scum, we'd still be in a 3 v 2 situation which would be quite advantageous for mafia. So I'm not at all comfortable voting there. Primarily because I town-read them anyway, but also because the logic behind the elimination doesn't make sense, and tries to swerve around making an actual scum-read.

I'm suspicious of Cat for pushing it there but Dunn gets some town points for me above since their explanation is reasonable and they weren't just opportunistically trying to get rid of a slot they've pushed.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2022 3:27 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 928, Cat.Jpeg wrote:I know you have be scumreading Furtive for a long time but I don't see what makes you so confident they are scum.
You have hinted you think I'm their partner but im not so I just dont see who they could be partnered with, except Goldfish.
Where do you actually stand on Furtive yourself though? I've TR'd Furtive so far but can increasingly see a world where you/Furtive are scum if I've been wrong on Dunn, which is something I'm still somewhat uncertain on. But even if you do believe a Furtive/Goldfish team is possible, why is Goldfish necessarily the better elimination? I'm suspicious here because Furtive was one of the main two elimination candidates last turn, they managed to barely survive, and now despite them pushing a townie which allowed them to remain in the game, there's a suggestion they could be scum but that we still shouldn't vote there. I personally think it's really got to be between Dunn/Furtive here unless someone can make a better case on Alianna or Goldfish than what I'm seeing at the moment. Thinking outside the box is useful and warranted if we can come up with a good theory, but I'm wary of any sudden diversion away from someone we believe to be scum without good reason personally.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2022 3:37 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

Essentially I suppose my split is between Dunn who I've suspected of being mafia for most of the game based on their play thus far, and Furtive who I've largely TR'd based on their play but who would potentially align as mafia alongside Cat given where the game has gone. I suppose it's a bit heart vs head - my gut read has largely been Dunn, albeit with posts/evidence to back it up, but my head is telling me a Cat/Furtive team here makes sense.

There's a world where I can see Furtive making the kill on the basis they were a likely elimination, so they wouldn't be tracked once they picked that power, and we'd get no info on Cat being mafia, if I'm reading correctly into how that works. Once the push was made for Cat to be tracked they weren't necessarily too unhappy with that because in this scenario Cat didn't make the kill anyway. From there the goal would be to push for a townie to be eliminated, whether it be Dunn/Goldfish, which would allow them to win the game. And even if Furtive does get eliminated, they have an insurance policy they can fall back on where Cat is still in the game, but is perhaps TR'd.

I also think there's an argument where this works alongside me being picked as the confirmed townie overnight, because I'd been aligning with Furtive on some views, and while I'd had some suspicions of Cat early game I'd stated I felt like their play was reasonable last turn. In this scenario they'd be hoping I stick to voting for Dunn, and if Cat eventually moves onto that wagon as well they only need one more of Goldfish/Alianna to get onboard and push through the elimination.

I'm going to vote for Furtive at the moment, although obviously this is subject to change - I'll case Dunn again soon to see where I stand on them because I'm still wary to let them through this turn knowing we'd potentially be done for if they're scum. But right now a Cat/Furtive team is starting to seem more feasible to me based on current play.

VOTE: FurtiveGlance
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2022 3:41 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

I do want to hear from Furtive re the above though - they think Dunn is scum, so in this case who do they think is the partner? I don't believe they are particularly confident on that at the moment (and it's one of the things that's making me doubt my read too).
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2022 4:25 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 931, MalcolmTucker wrote:Essentially I suppose my split is between Dunn who I've suspected of being mafia for most of the game based on their play thus far, and Furtive who I've largely TR'd based on their play but who would potentially align as mafia alongside Cat given where the game has gone. I suppose it's a bit heart vs head - my gut read has largely been Dunn, albeit with posts/evidence to back it up, but my head is telling me a Cat/Furtive team here makes sense.

There's a world where I can see Furtive making the kill on the basis they were a likely elimination, so they wouldn't be tracked once they picked that power, and we'd get no info on Cat being mafia, if I'm reading correctly into how that works. Once the push was made for Cat to be tracked they weren't necessarily too unhappy with that because in this scenario Cat didn't make the kill anyway. From there the goal would be to push for a townie to be eliminated, whether it be Dunn/Goldfish, which would allow them to win the game. And even if Furtive does get eliminated, they have an insurance policy they can fall back on where Cat is still in the game, but is perhaps TR'd.

I also think there's an argument where this works alongside me being picked as the confirmed townie overnight, because I'd been aligning with Furtive on some views, and while I'd had some suspicions of Cat early game I'd stated I felt like their play was reasonable last turn. In this scenario they'd be hoping I stick to voting for Dunn, and if Cat eventually moves onto that wagon as well they only need one more of Goldfish/Alianna to get onboard and push through the elimination.

I'm going to vote for Furtive at the moment, although obviously this is subject to change - I'll case Dunn again soon to see where I stand on them because I'm still wary to let them through this turn knowing we'd potentially be done for if they're scum. But right now a Cat/Furtive team is starting to seem more feasible to me based on current play.

On the mechanics, if there's 1 mafia alive they have to do the nightkill.

As for the game, I've created more associatives than Dunnstral by being more open with reads, they haven't been that vocal. Look at their trajectory. After voting me d1, they voted Titus for 'lying about them' - which was just sussing them for coasting. Then they omgussed you day 2. Do you really think that's towny play?

Yes me and Cat have had similar takes this game, including pushing Radical Rat together. I would argue they're scummier than I am for pairing RR with you, whereas I always had Dunnstral (and Alianna) in the mix.

As the (pretty much) confirmed town, you'll lead this vote, so if you stay on me others will follow. I urge you to reconsider. For me, it'll be disappointing to lose after trying my best to be active and give reads, more than most people here it has to be said, especially to lose to Dunnstral who has mostly twiddled their thumbs and omgussed suspicion when there was need to. But yeah I led on town so I can understand being voted.

From your point of view, I'm betting it'll feel pretty disappointing to have been right all game (on Dunnstral) and not stuck to your guns when it mattered.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2022 4:26 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 932, MalcolmTucker wrote:I do want to hear from Furtive re the above though - they think Dunn is scum, so in this case who do they think is the partner? I don't believe they are particularly confident on that at the moment (and it's one of the things that's making me doubt my read too).
I don't think it matters who the partner is right now. If we do flip Dunnstral (red or we lose), we then either get a clear or a guilty on Cat. If Cat is clear tomorrow I'd vote Alianna. Simple as that, game done.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2022 6:16 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 933, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 931, MalcolmTucker wrote:Essentially I suppose my split is between Dunn who I've suspected of being mafia for most of the game based on their play thus far, and Furtive who I've largely TR'd based on their play but who would potentially align as mafia alongside Cat given where the game has gone. I suppose it's a bit heart vs head - my gut read has largely been Dunn, albeit with posts/evidence to back it up, but my head is telling me a Cat/Furtive team here makes sense.

As for the game, I've created more associatives than Dunnstral by being more open with reads, they haven't been that vocal. Look at their trajectory. After voting me d1, they voted Titus for 'lying about them' - which was just sussing them for coasting. Then they omgussed you day 2. Do you really think that's towny play?

Yes me and Cat have had similar takes this game, including pushing Radical Rat together. I would argue they're scummier than I am for pairing RR with you, whereas I always had Dunnstral (and Alianna) in the mix.

As the (pretty much) confirmed town, you'll lead this vote, so if you stay on me others will follow. I urge you to reconsider. For me, it'll be disappointing to lose after trying my best to be active and give reads, more than most people here it has to be said, especially to lose to Dunnstral who has mostly twiddled their thumbs and omgussed suspicion when there was need to. But yeah I led on town so I can understand being voted.

From your point of view, I'm betting it'll feel pretty disappointing to have been right all game (on Dunnstral) and not stuck to your guns when it mattered.
Fair enough on the first point re the kill, forgetting that. You/Cat could still easily be a team, but that theory of mine doesn't work so can be ignored.

Re the bolded - this is admittedly what worries me. You'll remember we played one game together in the past and I faced a similar quandary towards the end of the game, gut-read told me one player, head told me the other, with solid reasoning behind voting for either of them. Your responses here, a bit like Dunn's, feels quite reasonable and well-thought out...there's a part of that which makes me wonder if you're mafia trying to calmly keep me onside but by the same token you could just be approaching things rationally as town here, and as you say if we're right on Dunn would be frustrating to throw that away.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2022 6:19 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 934, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 932, MalcolmTucker wrote:I do want to hear from Furtive re the above though - they think Dunn is scum, so in this case who do they think is the partner? I don't believe they are particularly confident on that at the moment (and it's one of the things that's making me doubt my read too).
I don't think it matters who the partner is right now.
If we do flip Dunnstral (red or we lose), we then either get a clear or a guilty on Cat
. If Cat is clear tomorrow I'd vote Alianna. Simple as that, game done.
True...it's just getting the flip right that inherently worries me. The idea that you/Cat have managed to get a solid grip on the game, forcing through your elim to then try and pocket me by confirming me as town feels quite compelling. But then I do worry I'm potentially overthinking it as well, which can become a risk of its own.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2022 6:50 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 936, MalcolmTucker wrote:
If we do flip Dunnstral (red or we lose), we then either get a clear or a guilty on Cat
True...it's just getting the flip right that inherently worries me. The idea that you/Cat have managed to get a solid grip on the game, forcing through your elim to then try and pocket me by confirming me as town feels quite compelling. But then I do worry I'm potentially overthinking it as well, which can become a risk of its own.
I feel like me/Cat has now become this holy grail for some people now. It doesn't work, even for the simple reason that Dunnstral isn't town. If you look at why we're paired, it's because I led on Radical Rat and Cat then joined me. I townread (past tense) Cat for this specific reason, they were voting with me. Before that I thought they were suspicious. I think Cat/Dunnstral is the most likely partnership right now.

If you approach this game through associative logic, then perhaps me/Cat is an easy solve. But you need to look at who is actually scummy individually as well - Dunnstral is the most scummy person in a vacuum. I would argue I'm not scummy at all individually.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2022 6:53 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 935, MalcolmTucker wrote:

Fair enough on the first point re the kill, forgetting that. You/Cat could still easily be a team, but that theory of mine doesn't work so can be ignored.

Re the bolded - this is admittedly what worries me. You'll remember we played one game together in the past and I faced a similar quandary towards the end of the game, gut-read told me one player, head told me the other, with solid reasoning behind voting for either of them. Your responses here, a bit like Dunn's, feels quite reasonable and well-thought out...there's a part of that which makes me wonder if you're mafia trying to calmly keep me onside but by the same token you could just be approaching things rationally as town here, and as you say if we're right on Dunn would be frustrating to throw that away.
Are you saying I'm too calm? Like I said, if we lose because you vote me I'll accept my share of the responsibility. I thought Radical Rat was scum and they weren't. On the flipside of that I feel entitled to a bit more towncred than Dunnstral because they've literally done nothing but cover their own back all game, and it's lazy scumplay.
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2022 12:46 pm

Post by Alianna »

In post 925, Cat.Jpeg wrote:If Goldfish is mafia then she knew we would'nt track her though. If she aint mafia then she's almost definitely the NK. If she's town we get a Malcolm clear too. I think shes the best vote because it's likely shes mafia and im not sure enough about everyone else to risk the game (except I still townread furtive and strongly townread Alianna). Also Furtive and Dunnstral pls unvote, if you are town (and at least one of you must be) you're putting each other at e-1 in a way (because if another town votes one of you then mafia can just jump on and we will lose)
Neither player was functionally at E-1 at that point. Assuming TvS, the townie already has a scum voting for them and the scum isn't going to vote themself.
I townread Alianna.

Post #1000s Collected: 23
On hiatus from playing mafia.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2022 1:27 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 938, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 935, MalcolmTucker wrote:

Are you saying I'm too calm?
Like I said, if we lose because you vote me I'll accept my share of the responsibility. I thought Radical Rat was scum and they weren't. On the flipside of that I feel entitled to a bit more towncred than Dunnstral because they've literally done nothing but cover their own back all game, and it's lazy scumplay.
No not necessarily...I just think both you and Dunn have been very careful and measured in your responses so far in a way that could reflect scum trying to win over townies. But I get how that could also just come from cooperative town wanting to convince us.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2022 3:04 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

I think Dunnstral's been way more careful than I have. I've been loud and outspoken.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2022 3:10 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

I want to convince you, I don't know what else you want me to say.
GoldfishFromTheMoon
GoldfishFromTheMoon
She/He/They/Xe
Goon
GoldfishFromTheMoon
She/He/They/Xe
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/He/They/Xe

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2022 3:56 pm

Post by GoldfishFromTheMoon »

furtiveglance wrote: From your point of view, I'm betting it'll feel pretty disappointing to have been right all game (on Dunnstral) and not stuck to your guns when it mattered.
This is shameless manipulation/ATE
Always assume I am phone-posting

I have a gtkas
GoldfishFromTheMoon
GoldfishFromTheMoon
She/He/They/Xe
Goon
GoldfishFromTheMoon
She/He/They/Xe
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/He/They/Xe

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2022 4:04 pm

Post by GoldfishFromTheMoon »

In post 937, furtiveglance wrote:
I feel like me/Cat has now become this holy grail for some people now. It doesn't work, even for the simple reason that Dunnstral isn't town. If you look at why we're paired, it's because I led on Radical Rat and Cat then joined me. I townread (past tense) Cat for this specific reason, they were voting with me. Before that I thought they were suspicious. I think Cat/Dunnstral is the most likely partnership right now.

If you approach this game through associative logic, then perhaps me/Cat is an easy solve. But you need to look at who is actually scummy individually as well - Dunnstral is the most scummy person in a vacuum. I would argue I'm not scummy at all individually.
The reasons you've stated aren't why people thing its you/cat.

It's because you're scummy in a vaccum, and your associations with most of the living players prevent you from being scum together, therefore if you are scum it must be with cat,
Always assume I am phone-posting

I have a gtkas
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2022 4:15 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 943, GoldfishFromTheMoon wrote:
furtiveglance wrote: From your point of view, I'm betting it'll feel pretty disappointing to have been right all game (on Dunnstral) and not stuck to your guns when it mattered.
This is shameless manipulation/ATE
I'm just being frank with Malcolm.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2022 4:16 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 944, GoldfishFromTheMoon wrote:
I'm not scummy in a vacuum. I had one wrong scumread and pushed it to a flip. Apart from that my reads have been good.

It's because you're scummy in a vaccum, and your associations with most of the living players prevent you from being scum together, therefore if you are scum it must be with cat,
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2022 4:18 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 946, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 944, GoldfishFromTheMoon wrote:
I'm not scummy in a vacuum. I had one wrong scumread and pushed it to a flip. Apart from that my reads have been good.

Bold part was meant to be original reply.
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2022 5:00 pm

Post by Alianna »

furtive, reads are not the only thing that determines whether someone is scummy. The fact that you led RR’s elim is not enough to scumread you on its own. It is that, in addition to your vote patterns on D1, in addition to associative logic, in addition to the fact that you’ve made more manipulative posts and AtEs than I can count, that makes me scumread you.
I townread Alianna.

Post #1000s Collected: 23
On hiatus from playing mafia.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2022 5:07 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

I don't think I've been manipulative. It's my duty as town to try to be persuasive.

Return to “Completed Open Games”