Mini Normal 2275: Roguelikes - Day 3: Endgame!

Confidently Wrong
Confidently Wrong
Goon
Confidently Wrong
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2225 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:25 am

Post by Confidently Wrong »

What were mafia informed of?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2226 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:27 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

Ah OK
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Confidently Wrong
Confidently Wrong
Goon
Confidently Wrong
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2227 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:51 am

Post by Confidently Wrong »

Also sorry for the way I hard defended myself. I pulled as many stops as I thought were reasonable without personal attacks and tried to purely bury bad arguments against me so I could survive as i am 100% serious that I believe in preventing any and all mislims i can.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2228 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:54 am

Nah, it's all good. I should have town read you earlier but the town read on Loft and the push on Lowell were very difficult to look past.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #2229 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:55 am

Post by DkKoba »

Gonna post in postgame on this account now.

I also still believe i was very findable as town. Lowell and Eira did somewhat reach it at the end so that was good at least.

I still feel i need to find the balance between trusting others and trusting my own logic because i think if I listen to fancy and check myself we delete loftwing d1
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2230 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:57 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 2228, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Nah, it's all good. I should have town read you earlier but the town read on Loft and the push on Lowell were very difficult to look past.
I thought tbh that shoshin spewed me v hard as town and i was not expecting to have to defend as hard lol

This is my last game on the site for a while, while I plan Mafiascum Anniversary theme game(sign-ups in august and starts in september!)
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2231 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:58 am

Ah nice!
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2232 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:14 am

Post by Lowell »

@CW/Koba- no worries, I enjoyed playing with you and hope we meet again. This game brings together different playstyles in a way that can be interesting. A game with 14 Lowells would be kind of boring. "Let's kill this guy", "why?", "Eh he feels like scum", "aight that's fine whatever", etc.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2233 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:15 am

I was never ever shooting irrelephant either by the way.

I just wanted a bit of fun but I also thought I might be able to gauge some reactions from it.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2234 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:39 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 2233, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I was never ever shooting irrelephant either by the way.

I just wanted a bit of fun but I also thought I might be able to gauge some reactions from it.
Lol I was going to ask you this. I think you played well btw. Your night play made up for your day play

Fun game! Feel pretty good about my play overall. I think I would have caught Shoshin eventually but I let a sense of “she’s too valuable as town for me to allow her to be eliminated” cloud my judgment.

@dunnstral good entrance! You has basically no chance to win but with a shorter timer on the day phase you might have shown up to D4
Hey all! Excited and nervous to play my first game with you!
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2235 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:44 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 2212, KittyTacky wrote:
My thoughts: Mafia got creamed because vig and tracker were both skilled and lucky. I shouldn't have made the setup so swingy. Oh well. It was my first game. Feedback?
Compulsive vig is always gonna be swingy but imo in a fun way. I liked the setup, though idk maybe a little townsided? Hard to say, since a scum flip before D2 helps town a LOT regardless of setup.

Having votecounts a bit more often would have been nice. For example I know some mods post
Votecount:
every so often and then edit the votecount in later, which is really helpful for being able to look back and reread previous game days.
Hey all! Excited and nervous to play my first game with you!
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2236 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:56 am

Post by FancyPants »

Thanks for the game guys, I vaguely regretted replacing out as my life drama got wrapped up much quicker than I thought, although it wouldn't really have mattered.

Enjoyed playing with everyone even though I disagreed with CW plenty they added plenty of spice, and I'd love to play again with them at some point.

Basically town were too competent and scum too inactive and just let us decide the narrative, shout out too lowell for making generally pretty excellent reads the entire game, same goes for Irrel, BBT also made great kills, I presume you killed Mala n2?

I'm happy with my play except my track on Mala n2 was garbage I expected to die and gave it very little thought, which is a mistake I won't make again, I didn't even factor in the Vig.

GG WP perfect games always are nice.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2237 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:59 am

I did shoot Mala yeah, seemed the best way to sort the slot.

Guessing scum no killed because Kenny flaked?
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2238 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:01 am

Post by FancyPants »

In post 2237, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I did shoot Mala yeah, seemed the best way to sort the slot.

Totally agree with that kill, that slot was an easy mislim today.
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2239 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:02 am

Post by FancyPants »

Oh and very well done for shooting Loft, I should have realized that Neighbourizer claim was bad.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2240 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:03 am

It wasn't even the claim. Once my reason for TR Loft disappeared I ISO'd the slot and it became pretty clear
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2241 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:04 am

The track on Shoshin was beautiful though. Not a chance in this world I would have chosen him I don't think.
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2242 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:04 am

Post by FancyPants »

In post 2238, FancyPants wrote:
In post 2237, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I did shoot Mala yeah, seemed the best way to sort the slot.

Totally agree with that kill, that slot was an easy mislim today.
I do wonder about the no kill, Kenny flake is the easiest explanation.

I guess the only other one is that scum also killed mala for some reason? Unless we have an unclaimed protective floating about.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2243 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:05 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 2235, Irrelephant11 wrote:
In post 2212, KittyTacky wrote:
My thoughts: Mafia got creamed because vig and tracker were both skilled and lucky. I shouldn't have made the setup so swingy. Oh well. It was my first game. Feedback?
Compulsive vig is always gonna be swingy but imo in a fun way. I liked the setup, though idk maybe a little townsided? Hard to say, since a scum flip before D2 helps town a LOT regardless of setup.

Having votecounts a bit more often would have been nice. For example I know some mods post
Votecount:
every so often and then edit the votecount in later, which is really helpful for being able to look back and reread previous game days.
not townsided, just swingy.
retired
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2244 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:06 am

Post by FancyPants »

In post 2241, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:The track on Shoshin was beautiful though. Not a chance in this world I would have chosen him I don't think.
Thanks :D definitely an element of luck but I did gave it a lot of thought, I actually had loftwing targeted originally because of his "and another role which I'll take to my grave comment" but I realized that that slot would never submit.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2245 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:07 am

Post by DkKoba »

actually townsided, the traffic analyst exists.

rolecop tho is extremly strong esp with a backup.
retired
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2246 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:37 am

Post by FancyPants »

In post 2240, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:It wasn't even the claim. Once my reason for TR Loft disappeared I ISO'd the slot and it became pretty clear
Just for interest sake what was your reason for TRing Loft?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2247 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:37 am

It genuinely was the Commuter soft.

I completely forgot that scum can be Commuter and I didn't think scum would soft a role so early.
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2248 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:46 am

Post by FancyPants »

In post 2247, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:It genuinely was the Commuter soft.

I completely forgot that scum can be Commuter and I didn't think scum would soft a role so early.
Ah that makes sense good turn around by vigging him after. I actually remembered we didn't have a perfect game just felt like it because we won before n3 :lol:.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2249 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:10 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

Good game, hadn't been convinced by Dunn scum but well done to those who nailed it.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”