Open 862: Diffusion of Power (Game Over)

PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2625 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:43 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

VOTE: norwe
<(") | (")>
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #2626 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:45 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Yeah any further discussion is meaningless.
Go ahead and vote Somnus.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2627 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:46 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2624, Somnus wrote:I’m not. As I said, not_mafia isn’t getting voted today or tomorrow. He already won.
jsyk I WILL ridicule you over this if it turns out NM was scum after all
normally I wouldn't but with how much you're parading this read, it feels deserved.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2628 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:48 pm

Post by Somnus »

In post 2627, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2624, Somnus wrote:I’m not. As I said, not_mafia isn’t getting voted today or tomorrow. He already won.
jsyk I WILL ridicule you over this if it turns out NM was scum after all
normally I wouldn't but with how much you're parading this read, it feels deserved.
If you’re town, you voted alongside mafia virtually the entire game, and performed a bad check on Night 4. I think you lost that right a long time ago.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2629 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:52 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I checked who I felt the least comfortable with my ability to read. Could it have been better chosen sure, but there WAS an internal logic to it.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #2630 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:54 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Internal logic is not the best bullet point you could have come up with.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2631 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:55 pm

Post by Somnus »

I guess. The problem I have with some of the cop decisions that have been made in this game is that we had one self-hammer 24 hours into the game, one that wasted it on a slot that was highly townread without having read much of the game because they were paranoid about losing to scum!me again, and one that checked a slot that was likely town for largely the same reason. If town lost this game, it isn’t because I didn’t go a perfect 12 for 12 in reading the entire playlist. That’s unreasonable and ridiculous given your voting history in his game.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2632 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:57 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

and like why do I even claim cop as scum? If I was scum I had free reign as a result of neither of my buddies claiming any role meaningfully. While I don't think Enchant's thinking was right in practice, he had a point in theory: if possible, scum would prefer to avoid giving a check.
ftr the reason his idea was wrong was that scum also know the amount of cops and docs to start with, so after one goes down they can just claim whatever is open to be claimed without causing a full-on CC.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2633 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:58 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2631, Somnus wrote:I guess. The problem I have with some of the cop decisions that have been made in this game is that we had one self-hammer 24 hours into the game, one that wasted it on a slot that was highly townread without having read much of the game because they were paranoid about losing to scum!me again, and one that checked a slot that was likely town for largely the same reason. If town lost this game, it isn’t because I didn’t go a perfect 12 for 12 in reading the entire playlist. That’s unreasonable and ridiculous given your voting history in his game.
Idc what my history was
if you're gonna be a smug dickhead and you're wrong about it, I'm holding it against you!
<Embrace The Void>

NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #2634 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:01 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

If claiming cop seems like the less likely choice for scum then that is why it is the right choice for scum.
If you’d claimed an result on an slot that was consequental to have a clear on then it might have been genuinely towntelling. But checking an slot that doesn’t lower the PoE isn’t an reason to be townread.

- Bunno
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2635 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:02 pm

Post by Somnus »

I haven’t been smug at all. You started this in post 2627, just like you ranted about something as unimportant as post numbers that were clearly the final posts of Day 1. And after talking about how furious that somehow made you, I pointed out that your feelings on something so meaningless are unimportant to me, and then accused me of bringing your feelings into it. This is a you problem and I’ve seen it in other games.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2636 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:04 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2598, Somnus wrote:Terrible vanity reason for me to vote Norwegian today: My end of day vote has never been on town on this site (unless it was on Days 1 and 3 in this game. Don't know yet). Well...at least when I've been town.
In post 2616, Somnus wrote:I’m not voting for Not_Mafia at this point. He’s already won, regardless of his alignment. I’d like to end this game today, ideally.

Depending on how much or how little people view the importance of meta, the 3 people who I was least familiar with going into this game were Ausuka, Nancy, and Gamma. Everyone else, I’ve either played with, read several games they’ve been in, or both. So depending on how much stock people put into familiarity, Penguin and Not_Mafia would have a better clue on Gamma than I would here.
these give me a smug vibe
<Embrace The Void>

NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #2637 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:04 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

If i had a cop check on night 4 i wouød have checked the guy that voted town with me.
I would have checked Gamma.
If Gamma had a cop shot then why the hell didn’t they check me? Every single player in the game thinks i am scum. You’d either confirm it or make the entire game realize they need to seriously re-evaluate previous assumptions.

- Bunno
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2638 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:04 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

also the hell is this thing about post numbers?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2639 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:05 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2637, NorwegianboyEE wrote:If i had a cop check on night 4 i wouød have checked the guy that voted town with me.
I would have checked Gamma.
If Gamma had a cop shot then why the hell didn’t they check me? Every single player in the game thinks i am scum. You’d either confirm it or make the entire game realize they need to seriously re-evaluate previous assumptions.
I was thinking you were town yesterday dipshit
<Embrace The Void>

Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2640 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:05 pm

Post by Somnus »

In post 2636, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2598, Somnus wrote:Terrible vanity reason for me to vote Norwegian today: My end of day vote has never been on town on this site (unless it was on Days 1 and 3 in this game. Don't know yet). Well...at least when I've been town.
In post 2616, Somnus wrote:I’m not voting for Not_Mafia at this point. He’s already won, regardless of his alignment. I’d like to end this game today, ideally.

Depending on how much or how little people view the importance of meta, the 3 people who I was least familiar with going into this game were Ausuka, Nancy, and Gamma. Everyone else, I’ve either played with, read several games they’ve been in, or both. So depending on how much stock people put into familiarity, Penguin and Not_Mafia would have a better clue on Gamma than I would here.
these give me a smug vibe
The first one is clearly a joke, and there’s nothing that could even remotely be interpreted as smug in the 2nd one. I’m literally asking for help in the 2nd post.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2641 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:05 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2397, Gamma Emerald wrote:ftr I see Norwee volunteering his n4 doc claim like he did as towny
If I'm wrong, well that's revenge for gensokyo ig
<Embrace The Void>

Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2642 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:08 pm

Post by Somnus »

In post 2638, Gamma Emerald wrote:also the hell is this thing about post numbers?
The sequence that you started in post 616. None of this is benefiting anyone, btw.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #2643 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:08 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Probably best you just stop responding.
<(") | (")>
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2644 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:09 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2642, Somnus wrote:
In post 2638, Gamma Emerald wrote:also the hell is this thing about post numbers?
The sequence that you started in post 616. None of this is benefiting anyone, btw.
oh right that time you were an asshole for no reason!
<Embrace The Void>

PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #2645 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:10 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Better yet. Let’s just yeet and be done with this game.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #2646 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:10 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Probably best you stop escalating tbh.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #2647 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:10 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

But again. Let’s just yeet and move on. We know what we’re going to do in either scenario so let’s just move on.
<(") | (")>
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2648 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:11 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

VOTE: norwegian
whatever
<Embrace The Void>

Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2649 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:11 pm

Post by Somnus »

In post 2644, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2642, Somnus wrote:
oh right that time you were an asshole for no reason!
Again, this is a you problem and the tantrums here aren’t benefiting the game in any way.

Return to “Completed Open Games”