Open 862: Diffusion of Power (Game Over)

Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2575 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:35 pm

Post by Somnus »

In post 2574, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 2572, Somnus wrote:
In post 39, Not_Mafia wrote:
Hopefully nobody comes out of a vent and we can have a victory royale
Ok, I've been wondering about this for over a month. Was this a cop crumb as a doctor? Best thing I was able to come up with back then was a Die Hard reference :lol:
It's an Amongst Us reference
Oh. Even though I never played it, that seems incredibly obvious now in hindsight.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2576 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:03 am

Post by Somnus »

Whew. Ok. Done. Yeah Not_Mafia is town. Sorry. If we end up losing to scum!Not_Mafia, so be it. I was never getting there unless we had like 3 extra mis-lims. I just tried to multi-quote roughly 25 posts of his that I found town indicative, and I got this message:

"Your message contains too many smilies. The maximum number of smilies allowed is 30."

Pretty much sums up this game nicely. :facepalm:

Just read his ISO instead. I dunno.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #2577 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:07 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 2576, Somnus wrote:Whew. Ok. Done. Yeah Not_Mafia is town. Sorry. If we end up losing to scum!Not_Mafia, so be it. I was never getting there unless we had like 3 extra mis-lims. I just tried to multi-quote roughly 25 posts of his that I found town indicative, and I got this message:

"Your message contains too many smilies. The maximum number of smilies allowed is 30."

Pretty much sums up this game nicely. :facepalm:

Just read his ISO instead. I dunno.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2578 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:09 am

Post by Somnus »

In post 1654, Don Draper x Mistress wrote:Unless Enchant has drastically switched up his scumgame, his making posts like “99% wrong”, questioning if another player is town are things I don’t recall seeing from past Enchant scumgames. Do you disagree? @Gamma.
In post 1678, Don Draper x Mistress wrote:
In post 1585, Enchant wrote:Aw shit. Here we go again.

Look, likelyhood of Somnus being town is already high.
No one scumread Goldfish for real, and only idea is "Let's kill Goldfish because null, if we are wrong, we get conftown anyway and can protect him!". Conftowning person who is already town is kiiiiiiiiiiiiiinda dumb, especially because with idea "Why not, we can protect him!".

It's just not worth it mechanically, unless there's like 80%+ chance of goldfish being mafia, and i am pretty confident that Goldfish is Town than not, but that's me (i can't provide reasonable explainings).
Even if Goldfish is mafia (which can be possible, like anything possible), it may be even benefiting to ignore him for a moment, where we are unsure. I strongly believe that he turns obvious lategame, and this way Somnus will be alive as well, which easies game a bit.

In unpredicted case, where Somnus and Goldfish both mafs (Which i am 99% sure NOT a case, but still), i still belive it's worth to watch them, not risk likelytowns just for sake of risk.
I agree with this, and this makes me feel better about Enchant's slot. Goldfish is the one who has a claimed inno on them, yeah? I don't want to lim Goldfish either.

-Mistress
In post 1682, Don Draper x Mistress wrote:Anyone else have a good read on Bellaphant? Please walk me through your thoughts.

@Norwee: Oops, the other way round - got it.

-Mistress
In post 1711, Don Draper x Mistress wrote:
In post 1710, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 1709, Don Draper x Mistress wrote:
In post 1708, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 1705, Don Draper x Mistress wrote:
In post 1693, Jake The Wolfie wrote:Gamma, Nancy, and Friend, What are your current reasons for not voting?
I was waiting for replace in to do something. Hopefully that happens very soon.
What was something you'd hope they do?
If I can get a strong read on that slot one way or another, that’s will really help me hopefully decide who to vote.
How will that help decide?
I’m hoping. Well, if they’re really townie, it would confirm for me that Enchant is probably town because they usually don’t defend town as scum. A lot of players have expressed opinions on that slot and since Goldfish really didn’t do pretty much anything AI, that might possibly be informative, no?
In post 1713, Don Draper x Mistress wrote:
In post 1712, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 1711, Don Draper x Mistress wrote:
In post 1710, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 1709, Don Draper x Mistress wrote:
In post 1708, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 1705, Don Draper x Mistress wrote:
In post 1693, Jake The Wolfie wrote:Gamma, Nancy, and Friend, What are your current reasons for not voting?
I was waiting for replace in to do something. Hopefully that happens very soon.
What was something you'd hope they do?
If I can get a strong read on that slot one way or another, that’s will really help me hopefully decide who to vote.
How will that help decide?
I’m hoping. Well, if they’re really townie, it would confirm for me that Enchant is probably town because they usually don’t defend town as scum. A lot of players have expressed opinions on that slot and since Goldfish really didn’t do pretty much anything AI, that might possibly be informative, no?
Could a scum Enchant be defending a town Goldfish because it would be an easy person to defend?
Sure it’s possible but in my experience playing with scum!Enchant, he’s far less likely to do that.
In post 1715, Don Draper x Mistress wrote:I don’t think you’re scum here, you’re just doing way too many things I see as pretty much being absent from your scumgame.
In post 1754, Don Draper x Mistress wrote:
In post 1729, Bellaphant wrote:You keep saying this and I keep posting reads while you don't. It's boring and annoying. I think my progression on reads is fairly transparent too - I moved from scum reading norwee to thinking they are most likely town, my tr of the hydra is slipping, etc: I'm not hiding things

We solve differently, I'm never as aggressive as you as town or scum.

I've talked about enchant and Jake a lot. Enchant hasn't really tried to engage in my scum read of them, although they have done to slots like gamma, which also strikes me as weird. It would be easy to say the dueling wagons mean one is deffo town and one is deffo scum, and from that 50/50 I'd pick enchant any day -i don't see what the hydra sees about their meta (enchant has had scum games where they are absent, but not all of them, and does this feel like deptuy cultists enchant to you??).

Do you have other scum reads? Your scum read of me feels weirdly 'safe', especially because you aren't basing it on much.
Because I didn’t see the votecount and we aren’t currently tr you? Tell me how this doesn’t look at least slightly like omgus?

You’re the one who was shading us because I didn’t see the vc. Are you now going to deny that fact?
In post 1756, Don Draper x Mistress wrote:
In post 1745, Bellaphant wrote:Awkward, because I was about to respond to bbt that nm kinda fills that middle role for me.

@mistress, no, I'll post proper responses after its not dinner/bath/bed time
How so when NM isn’t even being remotely hedgey? He’s made it abundantly clear what his reads are no?
In post 1757, Don Draper x Mistress wrote:Auro’s agreeing with me on Enchant.
In post 1767, Don Draper x Mistress wrote:
In post 1762, Bellaphant wrote:@mistress, you popped straight up when bbt started talking about a wagon/ a scum read of me, but managed to not notice the post you responded quite attacky to and asked me if i.was 'denying that fact' wasn't even to you. Can you not see why I'd find that worrying?
How do you not see that you shading me for not realizing that Enchant was at e-1 because I was incorrect about the vc and juxtaposing that with Auro’s read on you wouldn’t massively ping me? Those are two completely unrelated things.

See, Enchant is inclined to have those horrible kinds of takes but I’d expect much better from you.

I was pretty much neutral on you prior to that.

~N
In post 1772, Don Draper x Mistress wrote:
In post 1770, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Oh wait you literally said he does agree with you on Enchant, nvm my second question.
I think Enchant has a lot of really bad takes given that he plays extremely scummy irrespective of alignment so shouldn’t be all that shocked and outraged for being extremely hard to read but yeah, he’s also said quite a few things that town ping me, like the “99% I’m wrong thing” questioning if Jake might also be town etc, And so far I’m liking Kop and that’s yet another thing that bodes well for my Enchant read as well because scum!Enchant usually either defends scummy players which usually turn out to be his buddies in many of the games I’ve played with scum!him.

~N
In post 1773, Don Draper x Mistress wrote:Yeah, Auro’s come around to agreeing with me on town!Enchant.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2579 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:10 am

Post by Somnus »

In post 1653, Don Draper x Mistress wrote:I feel very confident on
Somnus
, you (Gamma),
Penguin
and probably
NM
town.
-shrug-
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2580 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:39 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2573, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 2564, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2555, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 2546, Gamma Emerald wrote:I think the best point I can make for me being town is I am a lot more keen on seeing how people wouldn’t be aligned with my scum partners when at least one of the players in question has a certain line they wouldn’t let a scum partner cross. So me having to figure it out during Day 3 wrt ND39 and froggo doesn’t make sense for me to have done as scum.
Can you reword this please? I can't make head nor tail of it
If I was scum I would have sunk the logic for why the Nancy Drew kill happened in one
Instead I ended up with a bogey because I wasn’t pulling from scum POV to help process things

I can provide a link to a game where I did pull that logic out seamlessly as scum if wanted
Remind me of the commentary around the Nancy Drew kill
froggo made some unsavory posts towards Nancy Drew that she would not have abided were they scum partners

I did not immediately realize this upon seeing the Nancy Drew kill. My argument is I would have figured it out already as scum.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #2581 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:42 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Have you guys tried tomato beans and egg on some nice rough brown bread. With thick bacon slices and HP sauce. Jolly good mate.
Who says the English can’t make some good food?
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2582 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:56 am

Post by Somnus »

Can't say I have. I think there may be one Brit still in this game that hasn't entered the dead thread yet though. I'm too 'murican for that, I guess.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2583 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:35 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 2582, Somnus wrote:Can't say I have. I think there may be one Brit still in this game that hasn't entered the dead thread yet though. I'm too 'murican for that, I guess.
sooooo....gamma first?
<(") | (")>
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #2584 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:39 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 2580, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2573, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 2564, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2555, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 2546, Gamma Emerald wrote:I think the best point I can make for me being town is I am a lot more keen on seeing how people wouldn’t be aligned with my scum partners when at least one of the players in question has a certain line they wouldn’t let a scum partner cross. So me having to figure it out during Day 3 wrt ND39 and froggo doesn’t make sense for me to have done as scum.
Can you reword this please? I can't make head nor tail of it
If I was scum I would have sunk the logic for why the Nancy Drew kill happened in one
Instead I ended up with a bogey because I wasn’t pulling from scum POV to help process things

I can provide a link to a game where I did pull that logic out seamlessly as scum if wanted
Remind me of the commentary around the Nancy Drew kill
froggo made some unsavory posts towards Nancy Drew that she would not have abided were they scum partners

I did not immediately realize this upon seeing the Nancy Drew kill. My argument is I would have figured it out already as scum.
That really doesn't mean anything to anyone but you
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2585 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:19 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

:roll:
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2586 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:27 am

Post by Somnus »

VOTE: Gamma
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2587 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:28 am

Post by Somnus »

E-1. I used my night action already, by the way.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #2588 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:56 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

VOTE: NorwegianboyEE

I don’t believe the sudden Bella turnaround, it really just seems like there was a panic in the scum PT because it looked almost certain Penguin was going to vote Bella and he wanted to be on the wagon
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2589 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:57 am

Post by Somnus »

-sigh-

UNVOTE: Gamma
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2590 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:58 am

Post by Somnus »

I mean, as you said, the game is already solved for a town!Not_Mafia, but I can appreciate you trying to get it right today, I suppose. I'll go back to reading later.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2591 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:00 pm

Post by Somnus »

It was abrupt, and these two posts are literally 5 minutes apart.
In post 2418, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Bella, hello.
In post 2420, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Convenient how Bellaphant said they sussed me, then went real quiet about that when put on E-1.
I’ve already said i thought Bella could be scum earlier this game. This is payback for what feels like an attempt ar a real slimy turn around. I wouldn’t have done this if it wasn’t for that.
VOTE: Bellaphant
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #2592 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:01 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Rude, i never panic.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #2593 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:02 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

If you're gonna paint me as scum then at least make me seem like very competent and clever scum.

- Bunno
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2594 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:03 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

lol
<Embrace The Void>

Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2595 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:04 pm

Post by Somnus »

The problem is, with the voting patterns that took place, this is very much Double Spider-Man meme, but both Spider-Mans are mafia. We're sure there's not 4 mafia, right???
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2596 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:07 pm

Post by Somnus »

Gonna be out for maybe 2 hours or so.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2597 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:12 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I hammered Jake in part just to ensure an elim happened
Norwee's vote was not the same, as Penguin was leaning voting Bella already
<Embrace The Void>

Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2598 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:14 pm

Post by Somnus »

Terrible vanity reason for me to vote Norwegian today: My end of day vote has never been on town on this site (unless it was on Days 1 and 3 in this game. Don't know yet). Well...at least when I've been town.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #2599 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:15 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

My vote just proves my absolute superior detective ability.
Compared to the other noobs in my position that likely would just keep up the deathtunnel. I could instantly tell i had to flip my reads 180 because Bella was acting scummy. Who else does that as town? Tell me that good sir.

- Bunno

Return to “Completed Open Games”