Greeting - Town Disloyal Simple Cop
Frogsterking - Vanilla Townie

DeltaWave- Mafia Goon

Spoiler: Modkilled
Don't end up here please.

Spoiler: Replacement Queue

Spoiler: Just Spectating
no one currently
Last edited by Gamma Emerald on Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:30 am, edited 13 times in total.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:51 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

The Rules
  1. Follow all site rules.

2. Mod colour
    – My mod colour is
    Teal
    ; avoid using it.
  3. Behaviour
    - Don’t be a dick. This is a heated game but toxicity will not be tolerated. Attack the play not the player. If your fellow players tell you to stop, you must stop. If you do not stop, I will tell you to stop. If you still do not stop, you will be force-replaced. Asking people to stop voting you or to stop scumhunting you entirely doesn't count for this rule and you may find yourself yeeted if you try it.
  4. Don't talk about ongoing games
    - You may not talk to each other about this game outside of threads I have created for this purpose. You may not talk about other ongoing games in this thread. In accordance with this new ruling, you may not say an ongoing game is what your read is based on or make deliberate implications that is the case. There’s plenty of bogus reasons to justify a read, you can go without referencing ongoing games directly.
  5. Images and GIFs
    - I have no qualms with them being posted, but if there’s sensitive content or if it’s especially large I request you put it in a spoiler= tag.
  6. Tiny text
    - is awful to read, keep it 70+ please.
  7. Provable randomness
    - is against the rules. Saying that you rolled a dice is fine, using dice tags or posting a screenshot of random.org is not.
  8. Claiming scum
    - by yourself is fine. Unless it’s Day 1 and can be presumed a joke, claiming scum with others is disallowed.
  9. Cryptography
    - is forbidden. Breadcrumbing is okay. In addition, while unlikely to occur, I will rule Ovaltine decoder ring shenanigans as crossing the line if it’s not easy to explain in a sentence or two.
  10. Confirmation
    - You have about 48 hours to confirm your role and your alignment by PM. Game will start sooner if everyone confirms. Posting in a private topic counts as confirmation.
  11. Days
    - Day 1 will last 10 days. All day phases will last 7 days from then on. Extensions may be granted if there are replacements or other reasonable circumstances that necessitate an extension. Not using discussion time efficiently is not a valid reason.
  12. Activity and Replacing Out
    - You must post at least once every 48 hours or I will Prod you. You then have 24 hours to post in the game thread or I will replace you. If you come back before I find a replacement, you can stay. Players can request me to prod somebody early. This will only count as an official prod if you don't post before you would have been due for a prod. If you were prodded and haven't posted in the 24 hours before the thread is locked for night, you must reply to the night start PM or you will be replaced during the night. If a day phase passes quickly enough that prods would be undue, a reply to the night start PM will be requested but as long as the reply is given, no prod will be counted.
    When it comes to replacing out by choice, please PM me requesting to do so. Once I announce the replace out, you may not replace back in. If you change your mind before I’ve read your message, do yourself a favor and delete the original message rather than send a second one about changing your mind as I may blacklist you in future games I mod if I see you continually go back and forth on the matter.
  13. Angleshooting
    - angleshooting may not be disciplined, but it is inadvised. I will attempt to police any hostile interactions based on the in-thread contents and not the contents of the Role PMs of the offenders. Please also avoid speculating about the legitimacy of IRL circumstances, especially in regards to replacing out. However, if the replace out speculation happens to involve game events, it will likely be left alone, as due to the game-bending nature of replace outs some leniency must be allowed in this regard.
  14. - If you're behaving in a way that could be perceived as trust telling I will likely try to warn you first, but beyond that I will take whatever action I deem necessary. Any communication regarding this should be handled in private; trying to drag private communications regarding this into the thread may result in harsh retribution. In addition, the linked thread details numerous cases of potentially compromising out-of-game influences aside from trust tells. Do not commit any of them or I will likely have to modkill you (not because I want to but because that would be the only way to handle the situation).
  15. Vacation/Limited Access
    - If you need to be absent for longer than this, you should declare
    V/LA
    in bold in the thread like this: [
    b]
    @Mod: I will be v/la until Thursday
    [
    /b]. While you are V/LA, you will be nudged once every 72 hours. Two nudges equals one prod. If you have not posted game advancing content in 7 days, regardless of V/LA status, you will be replaced. After V/LA ends, the time to post game-advancing content before a prod is dependent on whether any was posted during the V/LA period. 24 hours if no game-advancing content was posted, 48 hours if it was.
  16. Prodging
    - A naked "prod dodge" does not reset the prod timer. To avoid being prodded/replaced for inactivity, include some game advancing content in your prodges, such as "got prodded; xxxx is still scum."
  17. Quoting
    - You may not quote (or copy paste) any private information into the thread, including your role PM and any mod communication.
  18. Voting
    - Votes must be in bold in the format VOTE: Gamma Emerald or
    Vote: Gamma Emerald
    . Strong preference for using vote tags instead of bold tags. Unvotes are nice but not required. If I think it’s a vote, it’s a vote, no tricks. Type [
    v] Gamma Emerald[
    /v] to vote and [
    uv] Gamma Emerald[
    /uv] to unvote.
  19. Yeeting
    - Days end early when a simple majority of players (50% of living players + 1 rounded down) vote to yeet somebody. If a majority is not reached at deadline or if a majority of the players vote to no yeet/abstain, the day will end with an abstention from yeeting. At evens, 50% is sufficient for an abstain.
  20. The L-word.
    - Players are no longer allowed to use the L-word. I will be accommodating the first few times presuming they’re genuine slip-ups from users unaccustomed to the ruling around here. Otherwise, I have a very limited patience for users of the L-word. Suitable alternatives are eliminate, yeet, fade, etc. If you’re unaware of the issue in particular, review this topic.
  21. Twilight
    - Begins when a majority is reached and lasts until I lock the thread. You're still alive until I flip you so you can talk in any game threads you have access to until then, but no votes or unvotes will be counted.
  22. Night
    - Night lasts at least 48 hours. The night phase can be shortened if every living player -- even those with no night actions -- agrees to it and if I'm not busy.
  23. Action submissions
    - You may submit actions via PM or any PT where your role is meant to be known to others in it (scum PT or a personal PT). If the actions are not submitted by the deadline then you do nothing. You can change your mind as many times as you like before the deadline.
  24. Reminders
    - If I don't hear from you about your night actions, I'll PM you 24 hours before the deadline. This doesn't count as a prod. If I still don't hear from you, you will take no action.
  25. Personal PTs
    - Let me know if you want a private thread to store your thoughts and non-game-related feedback for the other players. Releasing these postgame is your prerogative, and to enable this all personal PTs will have mod rights given to the one who asked for it. You may draft posts in your notes PT but you may not talk about your notes PT in public. You definitely may not use the notes PT to demonstrate that you've had a town mindset in private all along; just put your town mindset in public to begin with and keep your notes to yourself. Also, be wary with post links in PTs; use the hard code from the link you get by clicking the post number instead of just typing the post number. To explain further, this post has this URL

Code: Select all

https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=13479712#p13479712
    the numbers at the end after the #p should work if used like this

Code: Select all

[post=#13479712]post number or related text you wish to enter[/post]

26. Play to win
    - this particular game, not some future one, and keep it fun!
As a final note, rules listed above are subject to change as needed.

Setup Notes
  • As this is a normal game, it adheres to the Normal Game guidelines. This means multiball and Serial Killers are not allowed, as per this post.
  • Any private threads have daychat enabled by default.
  • At least one Vanilla Townie is in this game. A sample Vanilla Townie role PM is below:
Spoiler: Vanilla Townie
Welcome to Mini 2279! You are a
Vanilla Townie
You have no active abilities.
You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.
Confirm by replying to this PM with a summary of your role.
Last edited by Gamma Emerald on Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:25 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Role PMs are sent, game will start tomorrow morning at the earliest, once 11 players confirm.

Update: all players have confirmed so the game shall start promptly!
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:55 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Vote Count 1.0Not Voting: Juice, BlueBloodedToffee, DeltaWave, furtiveglance, Frogsterking, Greeting, hutmeil, Ausuka, hoppip, Eiralox, inutile, Mohab500, Nuclear Gandhi

With 13 alive it takes 7 votes to forcibly remove a player.

Day 1 ends in (expired on 2022-08-28 15:00:00)
<Embrace The Void>

Nuclear Gandhi
Nuclear Gandhi
he
Goon
Nuclear Gandhi
he
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:12 am

Post by Nuclear Gandhi »

Alrighty, let's murder some folk!

By the way, I've only once played a game with such long phase lengths when we tried it out. Half the players went AWOL most of the time due to there being so much time, the other half stressed out af. I was in both buckets, sadly.
So I'm looking forward to trying this long phase game with players who've experience with it!
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:15 am

Post by Ausuka »

VOTE: BBT

Hoppip I like your username let's be bffs
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:28 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

VOTE: Ausuka

OMGUS
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Nuclear Gandhi
Nuclear Gandhi
he
Goon
Nuclear Gandhi
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:29 am

Post by Nuclear Gandhi »

Ohh hoppip is a pokemon lol.

Ausuka, whom have you most experience here with? I want to know because I'm trying to understand why the random looking vote and random looking mention, while ignoring me - the only player who has posted before you.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:33 am

Post by Ausuka »

Nuclear Gandhi we should be friends too I've played some civilisation 6 it's a fun game

This is a pretty standard game opener for this site, I didn't really have anything to say to you because nothing you said was alignment indicative, sorry for ignoring you
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:34 am

Post by Ausuka »

Unless there are alts in the game (which realistically there are) I have very limited experience with any other player here
Nuclear Gandhi
Nuclear Gandhi
he
Goon
Nuclear Gandhi
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:35 am

Post by Nuclear Gandhi »

Be straight with me. Did you know the reference or did you google it? :P

Also, where the smileys at? :(
Nuclear Gandhi
Nuclear Gandhi
he
Goon
Nuclear Gandhi
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:36 am

Post by Nuclear Gandhi »

In post 9, Ausuka wrote:Unless there are alts in the game (which realistically there are) I have very limited experience with any other player here
What's your experience with BBT?
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:37 am

Post by Ausuka »

I knew the reference! I haven't played much of the civ games but I'm pretty sure Gandhi has an agenda where he won't like you unless you have nuclear weapons

pedit: I don't have any recent completed games with him but am not completely unfamiliar I guess
Nuclear Gandhi
Nuclear Gandhi
he
Goon
Nuclear Gandhi
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:38 am

Post by Nuclear Gandhi »

In post 10, Nuclear Gandhi wrote: Also, where the smileys at? :(
they're in "Preview"
Nuclear Gandhi
Nuclear Gandhi
he
Goon
Nuclear Gandhi
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:39 am

Post by Nuclear Gandhi »

VOTE: BBT
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:41 am

Post by Ausuka »

First read is that nuclear Gandhi is town because
I want to pocket him
I think he feels comfortable
Nuclear Gandhi
Nuclear Gandhi
he
Goon
Nuclear Gandhi
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:44 am

Post by Nuclear Gandhi »

I would feel more comfortable with a nuke in my pocket though
hoppip
hoppip
He/Him
Townie
hoppip
He/Him
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:05 am

Post by hoppip »

Hi!

VOTE: inutile
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: it

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:16 am

Post by inutile »

hm
because none of you know what you want follow me because i'm not going anywhere i'll just bleed so the stars can have something dark to shine in
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:17 am

Post by Frogsterking »

I'm going to be posting my survey start asap. I'm hoping to get participation from as many players as possible.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:17 am

Post by inutile »

In post 5, Ausuka wrote:Hoppip I like your username let's be bffs
In post 17, hoppip wrote:Hi!

VOTE: inutile
had/have a feeling (?)
because none of you know what you want follow me because i'm not going anywhere i'll just bleed so the stars can have something dark to shine in
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her/hers

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:18 am

Post by DeltaWave »

I haven't played a game since 2015. Back then you could L-word people.

Please advise how to make your vote look cool like that so I can call an emergency meeting to vote out those who are sus
When there's trouble, you call DW.

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:21 am

Post by inutile »

In post 8, Ausuka wrote:This is a pretty standard game opener for this site, I didn't really have anything to say to you because nothing you said was alignment indicative, sorry for ignoring you
yeah your opener pretty paint by numbers but you're aware so

vote someone
say something about someone else in same post
encourage engagement
make an early read!!
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:21 am

Post by inutile »

In post 21, DeltaWave wrote:Please advise how to make your vote look cool like that so I can call an emergency meeting to vote out those who are sus
[ vote ] player name [ / vote ]

without the spaces
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:22 am

Post by inutile »

i think [ v ] player name [ / v ] also works but the above is the one i use

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”