*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2750 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:37 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

we worked off of a spreadsheet/discord for like, all of this game so that's why there's no mod thread to share lol i only used it to format roles + post the rand

and the sheet is Chaos
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2751 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:43 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2749, Ydrasse wrote:Mage Crest - everyone's actions doubled for one day/night
Ancient Archives - setup info (what traits existed/didn't)
Cursed Crown - turns off all protectives and also you get more alts a la new recruit
Age of Dragons - no more elims during the day for two days, instead you would target each other in thread with shots to kill
Verdant Veil - mass ascetic for the night

mala's powers were based on the in-game mirage traits which change every game (Spellsword, Executioner, Warlord, Electrocute, Pirate, Dawnbringer, Duelist) which we decided randomly each day. she got warlord (being on elim wagon = awards, she was loved and received cop shot from it), pirate (get passive item that defended from things like cannoneer that could turn into a full 1-shot vest if activated), i think those were the only ones that were relevant

sara's power would have ramped up more from announcing post to mailman, roleblocker, rolecop, 1-shot protective, 1-shot vig, and then repeated basically scaling in intensity

similarly meek/math's ability was tracker->psych->rolecop->cop
Would doubling my ability have helped it at all (like, would I have been able to act faster)?
Also I was curious how Mala got a BP item when Meek/Math didn’t claim to target them, neat
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #2752 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:49 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

your ability was kind of a fringe one with the ramping stacks of it but i think it would've ultimately been similar to how the accelerate worked but if there was a stack on your target already i think we would have resolved it as it marking them twice more thus killing

there were a lot of moments this game where i was like "oh god how does this weird interaction actually end up resolving" since i dont really run games like this (or hadnt, but i am already making another hehe) but pooky was of great help and best co-mod
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2753 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:56 pm

Post by Enchant »

Main question.

DID ALIGNMENT MATTER IN ROLES AND ABILITIES ROLLS?
tictac
tictac
Mafia Scum
tictac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2754 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:00 pm

Post by tictac »

lol 1-shot vig every 350 posts and she was immune to post restrict.
combined w me we could have machinegunned all townies day1 w her posting loads of cat pictures.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #2755 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:02 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

we made the roles before we randed anyone's alignments and then tweaked a bit after

and yeah, i definitely think for games like this it might be okay to let players switch around rolewise so they can play to their strengths more
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2756 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:04 pm

Post by Enchant »

In post 2754, tictac wrote:lol 1-shot vig every 350 posts and she was immune to post restrict.
combined w me we could have machinegunned all townies day1 w her posting loads of cat pictures.
Too bad you was lurker
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2757 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:04 pm

Post by Enchant »

I was lurker too tbh
tictac
tictac
Mafia Scum
tictac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2758 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:05 pm

Post by tictac »

we all were
tictac
tictac
Mafia Scum
tictac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2759 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:08 pm

Post by tictac »

i'd advice against making roles that are powered by spam.
if the optimal play of a role is something that might require listmod intervention to prevent, that is a problem.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2760 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:09 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Not a bad showing given that
I’m also fine with nabbing 2 of 4 (beeboy and tictac)
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2761 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:09 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2759, tictac wrote:i'd advice against making roles that are powered by spam.
if the optimal play of a role is something that might require listmod intervention to prevent, that is a problem.
Indeed
<Embrace The Void>

tictac
tictac
Mafia Scum
tictac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2762 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:14 pm

Post by tictac »

In post 2752, Ydrasse wrote:"oh god how does this weird interaction actually end up resolving"
i mean yea. eternal protection didn't end up protecting against anything besides the cannoneer, and i bet that wasn't the orig intent.
definitely don't feel bad about asking interaction questions before the game starts. that is a very good thing to do.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #2763 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:22 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

astral spam is annoying and WAS rule breaking in tft basically with astral toggle. it was a feature not a bug!

and i think wrt jade the design philosophy somewhere was "heal town pocket town and then maybe they get sniped by the starcaller" if you went down that route vs daykill
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
tictac
tictac
Mafia Scum
tictac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2764 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:31 pm

Post by tictac »

In post 2763, Ydrasse wrote:wrt jade the design philosophy somewhere was "heal town pocket town and then maybe they get sniped by the starcaller" if you went down that route vs daykill
o, that is fine. i feel that the accelerate was plenty of power.
just noticed a shift from
"Your Jade Statue will heal everyone within your neighborhood for one night."
to
"You will be healed to full HP at the end of night!"

and thought "ok, i've been downgraded"
i was ok with that happening, but do prefer it if i feel like these things are sorted out beforehand.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2765 (ISO) » Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:36 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2759, tictac wrote:i'd advice against making roles that are powered by spam.
If you want to keep the same idea, I would use astral puzzles posted to the main thread or a personal PT.

Then the extra posts are contained.

Then when everyone / they complete the puzzle the vig gains a bullet.

If not used right away will take a while to figure out.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2766 (ISO) » Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:37 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2750, Ydrasse wrote:we worked off of a spreadsheet/discord for like, all of this game so that's why there's no mod thread to share lol i only used it to format roles + post the rand

and the sheet is Chaos
Can I know what I gave everyone at least?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2767 (ISO) » Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:38 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2749, Ydrasse wrote:Mage Crest - everyone's actions doubled for one day/night
Ancient Archives - setup info (what traits existed/didn't)
Cursed Crown - turns off all protectives and also you get more alts a la new recruit
Age of Dragons - no more elims during the day for two days, instead you would target each other in thread with shots to kill
Verdant Veil - mass ascetic for the night

mala's powers were based on the in-game mirage traits which change every game (Spellsword, Executioner, Warlord, Electrocute, Pirate, Dawnbringer, Duelist) which we decided randomly each day. she got warlord (being on elim wagon = awards, she was loved and received cop shot from it), pirate (get passive item that defended from things like cannoneer that could turn into a full 1-shot vest if activated), i think those were the only ones that were relevant

sara's power would have ramped up more from announcing post to mailman, roleblocker, rolecop, 1-shot protective, 1-shot vig, and then repeated basically scaling in intensity

similarly meek/math's ability was tracker->psych->rolecop->cop
I should read forwards lol.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MeekMeerkat
MeekMeerkat
He
Goon
MeekMeerkat
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2768 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:14 pm

Post by MeekMeerkat »

Thanks MB for taking my slot across the finish line! Someone I know died, and I had no emotional energy for playing mafia there for a bit. Had a blast while I was playing though, thanks everyone! Fun setup, thanks mods.

Note to self: Vivax is proof that yes, *every* time someone totally infuriates me when I’m town, they’re a townie.

Shout outs to Titus, Marci, and Gamma as three players who stick out in my brain as playing well this game, I’m sure there were others too but I don’t plan on rereading.

Meerkat signing off
A low effort alt

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”