Set-up designed by:
Greeting

Back-up moderator:
Datisi

Reviewed by:
Datisi
and
Ircher

Welcome to Mini Normal 2280! The theme of this game will be the biggest music hits of the second half of the 2010s.

Katy Perry feat. Skip Marley - Chained To The Rhythm
(2017)

Commentary: One of my favourite songs of the decade. This bubblegum pop/reggae song and especially its music video is, in fact, a deep critique of American society under President Donald Trump. In spite of the futuristic vibe of the music video, almost all characters have 1960s hairstyles. The purpose of this is to emphasise how, in spite of all the progress, Americans are still stuck in the deep past. Throwing people out to the other side of the wall also sounds familiar, doesn't it?

Player list:
  1. geraintm
  2. MalcolmTucker
  3. Porkens
  4. KittyTacky
  5. Galron
  6. Wayward Son
  7. ProfessorDrapion
  8. NJAC
  9. Salsabil Faria
  10. Crescent
  11. Shiidaji

Spoiler: Alive players
  1. geraintm (
    Vanilla Townie
    )
  2. MalcolmTucker (
    Vanilla Townie
    )
  3. Porkens (
    Town Tracker
    )
  4. ProfessorDrapion (
    Town One-shot Backup Doctor
    )
  5. Salsabil Faria (
    Town Doctor
    )
  6. Shiidaji (
    Vanilla Townie
    )

Spoiler: Dead players
  1. Wayward Son, voted out Day 1 (
    Vanilla Townie
    );
  2. Crescent, killed Night 1 (
    Vanilla Townie
    );
  3. NJAC, voted out Day 2 (
    Mafia Ascetic Neapolitan
    );
  4. KittyTacky, killed Night 2 (
    Ascetic Townie
    );
  5. Galron, voted out Day 3 (
    Mafia Roleblocker
    ).

Spoiler: Modkilled players
This is a list you don't want to be on.

Events and vote counts:

• Day 1 start VC 1.1 VC 1.2 VC 1.3 VC 1.4 VC 1.5 VC 1.6 VC 1.7 VC 1.8 VC 1.9 VC 1.10 VC 1.11 VC 1.12 VC 1.13 Day 1 end|Night 1 start Night 1 end
  • Day 2 start VC 2.1 VC 2.2 VC 2.3 VC 2.4 VC 2.5 VC 2.6 VC 2.7 Day 2 end|Night 2 start Night 2 end
  • Day 3 start Day 3 extension VC 3.1 VC 3.2 VC 3.3 VC 3.4 Day 3 end - GAME OVER
  • Last edited by Greeting on Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:15 pm, edited 39 times in total.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum
    Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:06 pm

Post by Greeting »

Rules

Game-specific information:

1. Day Phases last 7 days (168 hours). That also includes Day 1.

2. Night Phases last 2 days (48 hours).

3. If a player requests to replace out or is being replaced out forcibly, the timer is paused until a replacement is found.

4. Day Phase ends early if 50% of players + 1 player come to a decision to vote out a single player. The game then enters twilight phase, which lasts until I announce the results of the Day Phase. Posting during the twilight phase is allowed, but no votes may be changed or cast. No votes changed or cast during twilight phase shall be counted.

5. In case the Day Phase ends and there is no majority of votes on any single player, no player is voted out and Night Phase begins.

6. The mafia have multitasking.

General rules:

1. The MafiaScum.net rules apply in full in this game, as they do elsewhere on MafiaScum.net and are to be applied directly in any matters not covered by this ruleset. I reserve the right to enforce site-wide rules in this game should I find any players breaking them, and ask the listmods for help when necessary. Should any player find any rules in this game be in conflict with site-wide rules, please PM me and I shall refer to the listmods to resolve the issue.

2. The rules specific to this game and the MafiaScum.net rules also apply in other threads which are part of the game (included, but not limited to: the Dead & Spectator thread, the Mafia thread, Private Threads should there be any), unless it is stated in the relevant thread that they don’t.

3. Play to achieve your winning role condition.

4. Do not discuss the content of this game anywhere outside the relevant game threads (included, but not limited to: this thread, the Dead & Spectator thread, the Mafia thread, or Private Threads should there be any).

5. Do not speak privately about the game anywhere except for places where it is explicitly allowed.

6. Do not directly quote any PMs sent to you regarding the game, unless it is explicitly allowed to do so.

7. Do not directly quote from any other game-related thread into this thread (examples: quoting from the Mafia thread into this thread or a Private Thread a player has into this thread). It is, however, allowed to quote directly from other games into this thread under the condition that the relevant game ended.

8. If you are dead in the game, you are no longer allowed to post in this thread. You will be provided with access to a Dead & Spectator thread, where you can comment on the game freely.

9. Please remember, at all times, that this is a game that is supposed provide an enjoyable experience for all. Mafia can get heated. Players will argue. This is all part of the mafia experience. However, you should be considerate of the feelings of others while posting and refrain from any actions that could turn this game into a hostile environment for anyone.

9a. Racism, homophobia, misogyny or any other form of discriminatory action is not allowed under any circumstances. Jokes and dark humor can be offensive, so if you are worried that a joke can cause offense, refrain from making it.

9b. Do your best to not misgender anyone. Use pronouns that are preferred by the player.

9c. Do not criticize a player’s character or characteristics. Criticize their behavior and, most preferably, in-game behavior instead. Using meta on other players is allowed.

10. If, as a player, you believe that a rule was broken and I missed it, please PM me before commenting about it in the thread. I will get back to you and take action if necessary.

11. If, as a player, you believe that I mishandled a situation as a game host, please PM implosion, the listmod for Normal games and add me on BCC.

Voting and activity:

1. The proper voting format is VOTE: Greeting (use of the vote tag). You may also use bold tags, however, in that case, the format must be
    Vote: Greeting
    . Votes cannot be put in spoilers and should a player do so, the vote will not be counted as valid.

1a. I reserve the final right to determine whether a vote is valid or not and will use my best judgement in doing so.

2. Discussing replacements is allowed only after they happen. It is not allowed to discuss any possible future replacements, to threaten to replace or ask another player to replace out.

3. Players must not make their posts unreadable. That includes, but is not limited to:

- excessive use of bright colors;

- using a very small font size;

- writing in a way that makes the text not readable for the naked eye (for example by using a black font that matches the site background).

4. I will use the color
    #0080FF
    in communication with others. I kindly ask you to refrain from using it and pick another color to avoid confusion.

5. Players must post at least once every 36 hours. Prods will be sent out when a player hasn’t posted with game-advancing content for at least 36 hours.

5a. Once a player receives a prod, they have 24 hours to respond. If they do not respond by posting game-advancing content, they will be replaced. If the player returns before I find a replacement, they may rejoin the game. Players may receive up to two prods for inactivity during the game.

5b. Third prods are unacceptable under any circumstances. A player who is to be prodded for the third time will be force-replaced from the game and not allowed to return

5c. Players who have not been active for a longer time before the end of each Day Phase may be asked, at my discretion, to check in via PM during Night Phase. Failure to do this within 24 hours of receiving the PM will yield same consequences as with a prod.

6. V/LA is allowed for up to 4 days. In special circumstances, I may allow V/LA for a longer period, not exceeding 5 days. If you plan on going on V/LA for longer than 120 hours, please PM me requesting replacement. Things happen in real-life and I will understand that. If a player declares V/LA, they will not receive any prods during their V/LA period, however once it’s off, they must post within the 12 hours immediately following the end of V/LA or else they will be prodded.

Private Threads:

1. You may request a Private Thread where you can make notes for the game at any time and I will provide you with such. You may not have more than one Private Thread. Having access to a Mafia thread or any other game-related thread you share with other players does not count as having a Private Thread for the purpose of this rule.

2. As a repeat from 7. of “General rules”, you are not allowed to copy from the Private Thread into the game thread.

3. The reverse of 2. above is allowed. You may quote content from this thread into a Private Thread.

4. After the game is over, you will have 48 hours to request redactions or ask for your Private Thread not to be released. Failure to act will result in your Private Thread being released with no redactions.

5. Discussing the existence or non-existence of potential Private Threads is allowed.

6. Rule 4. also applies to the Mafia thread. Every mafia player can request redactions individually, however, the decision to not release a Mafia thread must be unanimous.

7. The Dead & Spectator thread will be released immediately after the game is over.

Miscellaneous:

1. Players are allowed to claim mafia individually when town-aligned if they feel like it will aid their team in achieving your role condition. Players are not allowed to claim mafia with other players.

2. If a player has a non-compulsive PR, town or mafia, the choice whether to use their role or nor is entirely up to them. No prods regarding role usage will be sent out during Night Phase (or Day Phase, should the game setup involve any roles used during Day Phase).

3. Do not pretend to break the rules. Pretending to break the rules is against the rules.

4. Rules may change during the game, but only in exceptional circumstances. Should that happen, the players will receive an obligatory notification about this occurrence both via PM and by a mod announcement in the game thread.

5. Per Mini Normal Game rules, hydras are not allowed
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:09 pm

Post by Greeting »

Sample Role PM

Welcome to Mini Normal 2280!

You are a
    Vanilla Townie

Every Day Phase you may cast a vote to eliminate a player whom you think is aligned with the mafia.

You win when there are no more mafia-aligned players alive and there is at least one town-aligned player in the game.

Please respond and confirm your role and alignment.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:15 pm

Post by Greeting »

Pregame progress

1. Making the Mod thread;

2. Making the Game thread;

3. Making the Dead & Spectator Thread;

4. Randomized assignment of roles;

5. Creating role PMs;

6. Organizing Mod thread;

7. Sending out role PMs;

8. Awaiting confirmation.

All role PMs have been sent. The game will start when 10/11 players confirm their roles.

Confirmation status: 11/11
    Last edited by Greeting on Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:21 pm

Post by Greeting »

Day 1 begins!

Votecount 1.0
    Major Lazer & DJ Snake feat. MØ - Lean On
    (2015)

Commentary: Not really a huge fan of this song, but it was, undeniably, a radio music hit for the DJs and for MØ as well. Interestingly enough, Diplo of Major Lazer offered the song to Rihanna and Nicki Minaj and both of them turned it down.

Not Voting
    (11): geraintm, MalcolmTucker, Porkens, KittyTacky, Galron, Wayward Son, ProfessorDrapion, NJAC, Salsabil Faria, Crescent, Shiidaji

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to eliminate.

Day 1 ends in: (expired on 2022-09-19 10:24:00).
    Last edited by Greeting on Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    Crescent
    Crescent
    She/Her
    Mafia Scum
    Crescent
    She/Her
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum
    Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:50 pm

Post by Crescent »

Oh it's finally up.

I'm a kitty. Meow.
    NJAC
    NJAC
    He/His/Him
    Mafia Scum
    NJAC
    He/His/Him
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum
    Pronoun: He/His/Him

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:53 pm

Post by NJAC »

VOTE: Kitty
    NJAC
    NJAC
    He/His/Him
    Mafia Scum
    NJAC
    He/His/Him
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum
    Pronoun: He/His/Him

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:55 pm

Post by NJAC »

In post 5, Crescent wrote:Oh it's finally up.

I'm a kitty. Meow.
    And where is your vote?
    Crescent
    Crescent
    She/Her
    Mafia Scum
    Crescent
    She/Her
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:12 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 7, NJAC wrote:

I'm a kitty. Meow.
    And where is your vote?
    I don't do RVS votes. On a day that's 7 days long, I likely won't place a vote at all for at least the first 4 of them.

About the only exception I tend to make is for pressure votes on people who have like 2 useless posts in 2-3 days because making them talk is important.
    Crescent
    Crescent
    She/Her
    Mafia Scum
    Crescent
    She/Her
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:32 pm

Post by Crescent »

Oh and since nothing's happening I have a question for you.

Do you like cats?
    Galron
    Galron
    Jack of All Trades
    Galron
    Jack of All Trades
    Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:38 pm

Post by Galron »

I like cats!

VOTE: wayward son
    Shiidaji
    Shiidaji
    Mafia Scum
    Shiidaji
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:44 pm

Post by Shiidaji »

Vote: NJAC
    hi hello you can call me Shii :] :] I haven't played in a lil bit so be gentle with me! Tuck me in and make me feel welcome!!
    KittyTacky
    KittyTacky
    he/him
    Mafia Scum
    KittyTacky
    he/him
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum
    Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:24 pm

Post by KittyTacky »

I'm a kitty. Meow.
    I CC kitty.

VOTE: Crescent
    If u dont elim me today, you are Minecrafters
    ~Vasex
    When i open this game, and starting read, i immediatly close it because i starting strongly consider self last townie alive and others are just jesters.
    ~Enchant
    KittyTacky
    KittyTacky
    he/him
    Mafia Scum
    KittyTacky
    he/him
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum
    Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:25 pm

Post by KittyTacky »

I played with most of this list before BTW.
    If u dont elim me today, you are Minecrafters
    ~Vasex
    When i open this game, and starting read, i immediatly close it because i starting strongly consider self last townie alive and others are just jesters.
    ~Enchant
    Porkens
    Porkens
    Survivor
    Porkens
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:55 pm

Post by Porkens »

Hey I haven’t played in a while. Checking in as vanilla town :)
    ProfessorDrapion
    ProfessorDrapion
    Mafia Scum
    ProfessorDrapion
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2022 5:42 pm

Post by ProfessorDrapion »

I’m Town.

Your Welcome.
    ProfessorDrapion
    ProfessorDrapion
    Mafia Scum
    ProfessorDrapion
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:19 pm

In post 8, Crescent wrote:
    In post 7, NJAC wrote:

I'm a kitty. Meow.
    And where is your vote?
    I don't do RVS votes. On a day that's 7 days long, I likely
    won't place a vote at all for at least the first 4 of them.

About the only exception I tend to make is for pressure votes on people who have like 2 useless posts in 2-3 days because making them talk is important.
    Mind if I hold yeah to that?
    ProfessorDrapion
    ProfessorDrapion
    Mafia Scum
    ProfessorDrapion
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:20 pm

In post 14, Porkens wrote:Hey I haven’t played in a while. Checking in as vanilla town :)
    I CC
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:35 pm

Post by Greeting »

MalcolmTucker has (expired on 2022-09-13 15:36:00) to confirm his role. If he doesn't confirm by the end of this deadline, I will start seeking for a replacement.

Confirmed.
    Last edited by Greeting on Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Wayward Son
    Wayward Son
    He Him
    Goon
    Wayward Son
    He Him
    Goon
    Goon
    Pronoun: He Him

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:56 pm

Post by Wayward Son »

In post 12, KittyTacky wrote:

I'm a kitty. Meow.
    I CC kitty.

VOTE: Crescent
    This is impeccable evidence. But I still reserve my vote for now. Like someone else.
    Wayward Son
    Wayward Son
    He Him
    Goon
    Wayward Son
    He Him
    Goon
    Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:01 pm

Post by Wayward Son »

In post 17, ProfessorDrapion wrote:
    In post 14, Porkens wrote:Hey I haven’t played in a while. Checking in as vanilla town :)
    I CC
    I counter claim your counterclaim. we have 2 counterclaims so far. That's a lot of evidence!

Who's the real kitty?
    Wayward Son
    Wayward Son
    He Him
    Goon
    Wayward Son
    He Him
    Goon
    Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:17 pm

Post by Wayward Son »

Some may call this fluff. They may be right.

Spoiler:
    I'm usually on Mafiascum between the hours of 10ish pm to 2ish am Mountain time. I don't mind real time talks. I'll check in during the day, as I can. Just expect more from me at night! :lol:
    Porkens
    Porkens
    Survivor
    Porkens
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:18 pm

Post by Porkens »

I’ll be around now and then
    Wayward Son
    Wayward Son
    He Him
    Goon
    Wayward Son
    He Him
    Goon
    Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:47 pm

Post by Wayward Son »

I was just over in the wiki reading up on what to expect in a Normal, when I read that Serial Killers are normal!? AND show as vanilla if role copped? Wow.
    Wayward Son
    Wayward Son
    He Him
    Goon
    Wayward Son
    He Him
    Goon
    Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:01 pm

Post by Wayward Son »

From the wiki,

Play Advice
    If you draw Serial Killer, do not claim NK-Immune Miller Vig.

Gonna use it someday. lol

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”