Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3627 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:01 am

Post by Uncrowned »

the only world where it would make sense if if you were both scum, and there was still the 3p meaning 5 scum + a third party

so highly unlikely but yeah just found it interesting
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3628 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:02 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 3621, Uncrowned wrote:wait...

fire guessed that i acted on the night I mod-confirmed myself, but that action would have been blocked, correct?

either that's a really fucking lucky guess, or he could have been told in a Scum PT that I was planning on acting, because I did announce to Dann, PP and Ydrasse that I would be using my ability. obviously the other two are town, so... that could've been done to soft confirm himself as his claim? i don't see how he would've been that confident in announcing it otherwise? wtf
Yeah if Datisi is really evil it could be Dann + JJH as mafia + 3p but I believe the Ircher slip and 6 scum seems like too much
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3629 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:03 am

Post by Uncrowned »

wait where did jjh come from in that equation lmao
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3630 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:05 am

Post by jjh927 »

If Dann was a 5th mafia and not town or 3p then Fire would not be dead and would have cleared him

We are looking for a 3p, not a 5th mafia member
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3631 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:07 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 3629, Uncrowned wrote:wait where did jjh come from in that equation lmao
Been a while since I did maths
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3632 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:09 am

Post by Uncrowned »

i have no idea how to hunt for a 3p gonna be completely honest lmao

obviously it's pretty much impossible to see scum!dann here based on play but how do you even go about analysing that from the lens of a 3p?

furtive probably most fits the bill here, i guess? idk
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3633 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:12 am

Post by jjh927 »

Yeah, gotta completely switch tactics. Another reason I don't want to rush.

In a word, I'll personally be looking for oppprtunism
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3634 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:16 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 3632, Uncrowned wrote:i have no idea how to hunt for a 3p gonna be completely honest lmao

obviously it's pretty much impossible to see scum!dann here based on play but how do you even go about analysing that from the lens of a 3p?

furtive probably most fits the bill here, i guess? idk
I was aware that you scumread me previously ya know. I feel like you're wearing rose-tinted glasses with Dannflor, like you townread them so you neighbourised them so you townread them more now...
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3635 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:16 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 3633, jjh927 wrote:Yeah, gotta completely switch tactics. Another reason I don't want to rush.

You're not clear either mate
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3636 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:23 am

Post by jjh927 »

I'm not pretending to be
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3637 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:25 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 3636, jjh927 wrote:I'm not pretending to be
In post 3633, jjh927 wrote:Yeah, gotta completely switch tactics. Another reason I don't want to rush.

Yeah just something off about this....giving me a headache
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3638 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:30 am

Post by jjh927 »

Is it because you're worried about the opportunism you have displayed in this game
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3639 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:32 am

Post by Dannflor »

The only thing I know how to look for is survivalism given 3p would be the only player who needs to survive to the end of the game to win
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3640 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:33 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 3638, jjh927 wrote:Is it because you're worried about the opportunism you have displayed in this game
so much yeah

No you were looking a bit Lamist there my friend
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3641 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:34 am

Post by jjh927 »

You've pretty visibly been the most survivalistic but I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt until a full review because circumstances have given you the most reason to be
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3642 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:41 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 3641, jjh927 wrote:You've pretty visibly been the most survivalistic but I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt until a full review because circumstances have given you the most reason to be
Blatant lie, I clearly had specific voting preferences throughout the game but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3643 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:48 am

Post by Andresvmb »

It gives me great joy to see that fire was Scum, tried to push me really hard, and couldn’t get me executed. When will Scum learn that getting me executed during the day is quite difficult?

In any event, I have correctly sorted for 3P before. Let’s see if we can do that here.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3644 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:50 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 3641, jjh927 wrote:You've pretty visibly been the most survivalistic but I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt until a full review because circumstances have given you the most reason to be
Ah, I think this is correct. furtive was basically begging for their life yesterday.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3645 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:55 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 3644, Andresvmb wrote:
Ah, I think this is correct. furtive was basically begging for their life yesterday.
Then we disagree about survivalistic as a word. Take D4 for instance, I wanted Malakittens specifically. I didn't just hop on any votes.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3646 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:57 am

Post by Dannflor »

Spoiler: d4
In post 2792, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 2791, jjh927 wrote:Gun to my head they might actually be the closest thing to a scumread I have right now but I feel like I've been actively denied information over the course of this game
How have people denied you information? By hammering before you can do whatever you wanted to do?

I'm not liking the votecount right now, if others want S_S I can go there, but that vote on me by Dannflor was egregious to say the least.

VOTE: Dannflor
In post 2934, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 2933, Klick wrote:
Hi
Ngl I've really not got the energy at the moment, I'm off work sick for the last couple of days
I'm not going to force myself to engage heavily when I'm not in a place to enjoy it at least a little bit
I'm aware there's other outstanding stuff for me from earlier and I'll try to get to everything

You made a point in this post about it not seeming like my reads have developed much lately. The current problem is that I feel fairly confident in the reasons I've got the players as town that I do, BUT my list of remaining available scum doesn't... feel right. I don't have a concrete reason for it in my head but Dannflor doesn't feel like scum to me. Exactly jjh/S_S doesn't seem right, they're also two players that I don't think I'd get a solid townread on easily if they were town (I do think one scum there is probably a good shout though?). So I'm in a place where one of my townreads is probably wrong and I need to identify which, but I don't like any of the choices because they all feel town to me. So it needs to be someone who is rather committed to playing in a way that reads as genuine to me, OR one of the reads themselves is a poor read.

I'll give the furtive deepwolf theory some consideration but it doesn't feel realistic on first impression
Firstly, deepwolf is very flattering.

Secondly, I have felt for many moons that Malakittens is not town. Could it be Mala/Uncrowned?

I'll backstab Uncrowned after townreading him all game, because Andres wants it and I'd like to see some momentum on a non F name. Don't get me wrong, Dannflor is still suspicious.

VOTE: Uncrowned
In post 3010, furtiveglance wrote:I'll vote for Malakittens if that one looks likely.
In post 3199, furtiveglance wrote:I want to keep my vote on Malakittens but also pressure Klick because this isn't acceptable
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3647 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2022 5:00 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 3646, Dannflor wrote:
In post 2791, jjh927 wrote:Gun to my head they might actually be the closest thing to a scumread I have right now but I feel like I've been actively denied information over the course of this game
How have people denied you information? By hammering before you can do whatever you wanted to do?

I'm not liking the votecount right now, if others want S_S I can go there, but that vote on me by Dannflor was egregious to say the least.

Hi
Ngl I've really not got the energy at the moment, I'm off work sick for the last couple of days
I'm not going to force myself to engage heavily when I'm not in a place to enjoy it at least a little bit
I'm aware there's other outstanding stuff for me from earlier and I'll try to get to everything

You made a point in this post about it not seeming like my reads have developed much lately. The current problem is that I feel fairly confident in the reasons I've got the players as town that I do, BUT my list of remaining available scum doesn't... feel right. I don't have a concrete reason for it in my head but Dannflor doesn't feel like scum to me. Exactly jjh/S_S doesn't seem right, they're also two players that I don't think I'd get a solid townread on easily if they were town (I do think one scum there is probably a good shout though?). So I'm in a place where one of my townreads is probably wrong and I need to identify which, but I don't like any of the choices because they all feel town to me. So it needs to be someone who is rather committed to playing in a way that reads as genuine to me, OR one of the reads themselves is a poor read.

I'll give the furtive deepwolf theory some consideration but it doesn't feel realistic on first impression

Secondly, I have felt for many moons that Malakittens is not town. Could it be Mala/Uncrowned?

I'll backstab Uncrowned after townreading him all game, because Andres wants it and I'd like to see some momentum on a non F name. Don't get me wrong, Dannflor is still suspicious.

In post 3010, furtiveglance wrote:I'll vote for Malakittens if that one looks likely.
In post 3199, furtiveglance wrote:I want to keep my vote on Malakittens but also pressure Klick because this isn't acceptable
There was also a massive Andres wagon which I didn't vote on
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3648 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2022 5:09 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 3647, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 3646, Dannflor wrote:

Hi

There was also a massive Andres wagon which I didn't vote on
That’s right. And Dann did vote for me. I will admit that Dann has also been rather aggressive with their pursuit of executions, but has rightly never come across as Scummy to me. You’ve seen more inquisitive, which is why I defended you.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3649 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2022 5:12 am

Post by jjh927 »

In post 3001, furtiveglance wrote:I hear the voices of my ancestors...they call to me. I'm close now.

I want to clear up a few things.

I think Mastina is a good player. I never said they were bad, just that their reads haven't hit mafia since D1. And I'm not mafia either. But they are playing well just by virtue of being obvtown.

I can see that I'm going to be voted out shortly. That's ok. My claim won't really change anything, you can ask for one before hammering if you want to.

I'm not satisfied with how I played this game. I don't mean my reads. I supported 1/2 votes on mafia, and opposed 1/1 vote on town. I mean my interactions with other players, especially town that I scumread. I should have been more diplomatic. I'm starting to see survivalism as a useful trait for both alignments, not just mafia. I know other players think I've refused to engage with them, and I regret that more than anything.

My final guess for mafia is [Malakittens, Uncrowned]. I think these slots will both get voted out long before ELO scenarios. I think town will win this game.
In post 2951, furtiveglance wrote:Pagetopping this because I'm so important:

Please don't kill me I'm way too young. I still have so much more to give. I am just now getting into my stride. I am extremely desperate. I am willing to transfer you Furtcoin.

no you stole my pagetop
In post 3438, furtiveglance wrote:I get that I'm in the middle of everyone's poe. I'll try to rectify this. Don't hammer me before I wake up (about 7 hours time).
In post 3480, furtiveglance wrote:The pain. It hurts. Just make it quick. I'll look for another job I guess.
In post 3526, furtiveglance wrote:I don't even know if I'm voting correctly. But I can assure people I'm neither mafia nor the mysterious third party meddler.

Can we do S_S instead?
In post 3529, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 3528, jjh927 wrote:SS has been involved in the major discussions but has totally fencesat when it came to voting and actually moving momentum around

whereas you and Dannflor were both pretty important in the move to Malakittens in the last day phase, and that's just that day

The pool should absolutely be us 4, at any rate
I'm fine to be in the pool. It's just that I feel more worthy of survival than certain others *ahem*
tHeN wE dIsAgReE aBoUt SuRvIvAlIsTiC aS a WoRd

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”