hi, i'm large normal 242. and i'm over with.

Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #3750 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:25 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 3739, Cape90 wrote:
In post 3708, Lukewarm wrote:"wanting to be on the same page with other townies before voting in elo"

is just... something that seems fairly straight forward.

Cape, if you actually want me to respond more to this I will. I feel like I can fairly reasonably prove that that is something that I think about games. I had a past game in a guardians set up, where I was in Elo with me+Dunn+unwnd. Out side of that was an IC ffery who could not vote in the ELO.

I was REALLY sure that it was unwnd. Cased him multiple times, engaged in repeated back and forths with her on it. Because she did not agree with me, and she thought it was Dunn. I was not willing to vote Unwnd until ffery and I agreed.

I eventually gave up on convincing her, and voted Dunn, because working with her was more important to me then just... voting my scum read in ELO
dunn flipped mafia?

if not and it was unwnd, you don't have a point here
No, Dunn flipped town and it was the losing vote for the game.

Not sure why that would change the point I made there.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3751 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:32 am

Post by Cape90 »

Maria feels correct

But luke feels like the objectively correct play
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #3752 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:33 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 3745, Cape90 wrote:
In post 3720, MariaR wrote:
In post 3715, Lukewarm wrote:Yes. Reads change. In response to NEW information.
Or even information that you are now reading in a different light.

But she was using the SAME information to call him unpartnered in one post, and then call him obviously partnered in the other.

That is not reads developing.
This is just false. Like that's not how it works. You can look at the same information and come to a dif point depending on how you read something. Like, this isn't even a false point it is just an outright incorrect statement.
I agree, sometimes I need to read back and it changes things for me

wow

mind blown
I literally said that you could read it in a different light...

She did not have a new angle or anything. It is literally contradicting thoughts.
In post 2194, MariaR wrote:I find it semi unlikely Too/Pooky are together given how similar their play is but meh.
In post 3120, MariaR wrote:You mean the 2 people who voted together all the time and didn't try day 1 are prob mafia? Gasp.
It is hard to read the first one and believe "2 people who vote together all the time and play similarly are obviously partners together" is a thing that she actually thinks about mafia players.
It is hard to read the second one and believe that "partners are unlikely to play super similarly" is a thing that she actually thinks about mafia players

So, seeing both of them, seeing her react to the same exact information, and landing on "this makes them less likely to be partners" and "this makes them obviously partners" makes it feels like she is not putting her Real Thoughts to the thread, in at least one of those posts
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3753 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:34 am

Post by Cape90 »

In post 3751, Cape90 wrote:Maria feels correct

like i legit feel like i should just policy luke for voting immediately, that seems obvious
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #3754 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:35 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 3751, Cape90 wrote:Maria feels correct

:sob:
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #3755 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:41 am

Post by Lukewarm »

Cape
In post 3654, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 3647, Cape90 wrote:another another thing,

Luke, so did you like... check me at all the night you evaluated Maria?

I am sure if you are mafia, you found it way easier to push Maria then myself, though Enchant did practically spew me anyways last day with me being their top townread for... reasons they "couldn't remember" or whatever.
Yeah. I considered you and math both.

My basic thoughts were that Enchant and Math never cross vote there and that math and enchant don't make much sense to both be scum voyeurs

and

If you were scum I really don't think that Toog dies going into 5p Elo. Like, I could see you being hesitant to take him into 3p elo with you, one the basis that he would be paranoid why he was not killed in a you+toog+X ep elo scenario, if X was scum, but the night before 5p elo, there was not really that incentive / worry. And then I did not think that if you were scum, that you would have played 5p ELO the way that you did, starting with leaning towards it being Math, but then voting Enchant while Maria was still on the fence.

and

Maria looked to me like the way she was playing 5p Elo the way she would as scum. Pretending to be unsure and needing to reread to avoid voting, encouraging your lean on it being Math, while also consistently saying that I was the last scum when ever she got a chance . (not voting)+(encouraging your math read) could have won her in 5p ELO, and her play around me looked motivated to win 3p elo if Enchant flpped in 5p.

So, I started casing Maria from there.
In post 3687, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 3668, Cape90 wrote:the way Luke just insta voted today really bothers me
My thoughts over night were that the way we lost Elo today was if you voted me, and your vote timing with Enchant was pretty sudden when it happened. but I thought that if I voted maria first, you would be more careful with a hammer vote then with a "I am going to enter into a cross vote" vote, so I needed to enter a cross early.
This was my process on where I voted. I worked through who I thought it was, and I was worried that if I was not the first to vote you might consider being the one to do the cross vote. Maybe that was dumb of me, but I thought that casting the vote early was our best chance.

Maybe it was wrong to think that way about your play, but I landed on the right answer, so it is kind of hard to be to upset with myself for voting.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3756 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:43 am

Post by Cape90 »

VOTE: MariaR

You can tell me I lost the game now -.-
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3757 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:44 am

Post by Cape90 »

i looked back at std and thought they looked town

sue me
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #3758 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:46 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 3756, Cape90 wrote:VOTE: MariaR

You can tell me I lost the game now -.-
WAIT I FUCKING WON?????
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #3759 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:46 am

Post by Lukewarm »

I was so sure that this was a lost game omg
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #3760 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:47 am

Post by Lukewarm »

That might not have been clear, I was scum.

Sorry.

I am happy for my self tho!
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #3761 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:50 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 3760, Lukewarm wrote:That might not have been clear, I was scum.

Sorry.

I am happy for my self tho!
I was on like a 6 game losing streak as mafia prior to this, like omg
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3762 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:51 am

Post by Cape90 »

Damn.

I was looking at your actual scum game thread in the Mewbie and this didn't feel like that.

I knew some votes Maria did was weird if mafia and std just made more sense vote analysis wise.

Should have listened to Titus but I was having doubts
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #3763 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:56 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 3762, Cape90 wrote:Should have listened to Titus but I was having doubts
Having Titus 100% sure it was me and Math 100% sure it was Maria really helped me feel less worried about flipped slots reads sinking me
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #3764 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:02 pm

Post by MariaR »

gg wp Luke ^^
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #3765 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:04 pm

Post by MariaR »

At least I can keep up my record of I’ll never be found as scum and so you should just listen to me~
~Firebringer
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #3766 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:06 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 3764, MariaR wrote:gg wp Luke ^^
Yeah, you too !

You and Titus combined has me SWEATING. Like yall knew my slot was scum with no room to be swayed before I even got here, and I just had to deal with that lmao
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #3767 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:08 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 3382, Cape90 wrote:I almost guarantee that Luke is just kind of doing this to win.
Oh and I also don't like Luke's treatment of the Malcolm slot, especially with the passive comment of 2996 which feels like something Luke said out loud like "if i was town i would have done this but loltown". I feel like if Luke were actually town here, he would be the person to plan out.
So who is Luke's partner?
Very clearly Enchant, duh.
Cape, the heart attack I had the moment you made this post.

Like, I knew that I was never getting through to Maria, and you were my only hope. So seeing this made me want to give up right then and there.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #3768 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:14 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 3766, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 3764, MariaR wrote:gg wp Luke ^^
Yeah, you too !

You and Titus combined has me SWEATING. Like yall knew my slot was scum with no room to be swayed before I even got here, and I just had to deal with that lmao
It's very impressive to replace into a scum slot and have 2 people wanting you dead to right, make it into lylo and winning. A big pat on the back is deserved to ya.

I ALSO TOLD YALL WE COULDN'T MECH OUR WAY TO A WIN B)
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3769 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:25 pm

Post by Cape90 »

wow that entire post i made after titus died :cry:
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #3770 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:29 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

I would like to go through with some shouts outs:

Titus, you were so incredibly right on me. You felt like my biggest obstacle the entire game.

Maria, as I said before, you were right there with her on that. I basically had to just accept both of you were never seeing me as town, and plan around it

I enjoyed playing with everyone who was in this game after my rep in. I really appreciate how this game stayed pleasant, because that is not always the case.

But my biggest shout out goes to Enchant. You were a WONDERFUL scum partner this game. Your day play was the towniest I have ever seen you, even more so then in the games I have played with you when you were town. The play that you made where you coordinated your pr with Titus and math was genius. Your hammer-happy reputation was invaluable for us actually getting through this game, you looked townie, and you never gave up. Could not have asked for a better partner.
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #3771 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:30 pm

Post by schadd_ »

Spoiler:

final vote count !

MariaR (2):
Lukewarm, Cape90

Lukewarm (1):
MariaR

not voting (0):

with 3 alive, it took 2 to blow someone up.
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: Balki B

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #3772 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:32 pm

Post by schadd_ »

mariar exploded! she was a vanilla townie!
cape90 was endgamed! he was a vanilla townie!

lukewarm survives and wins! they were a mafia goon! the rest of the mafia win posthumously
free darius mccollum

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #3773 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:38 pm

Post by schadd_ »

mod thread viewtopic.php?f=90&t=89955
dead thread viewtopic.php?f=90&t=89960
mafia thread to come
free darius mccollum

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #3774 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:40 pm

Post by schadd_ »

In post 27, schadd_ wrote:something i plan to implement the next time i modorate a game is like some way for mafia to highlight stuff for their replacements. in principle, nothing is stopping mafia from literally just doing this themselves in the scum pt, but also nobody plans around having to replace out in the future and also nobody gives a fuck about the game the second they decide to replace out. here's a writeup of how i'd put it in the rules

[some note in the setup post] (starting) in this game, i'll be giving mafia the ability to make a diary of messages to send to any future replacements to their slot. this is primarily to aid in keeping track of things like fakeclaims, and should have limited effect on gameplay. Im simply disclosing it. mafia should still look out for things their predecessors forgot or neglected to highlight (i'm not helping with this*)

[in the mafia PT] you can keep a list of notes for any future replacements. if you put "
highlight
" at the top of any of your posts in this PT, i'll send a list of those highlighted posts in the role PM i send to anybody that may replace your slot in the future. you are encouraged to do this to record any roles or actions you fakeclaim in the main thread. (as always, i automatically inform replacements of actions you did truthfully take).

*i think it just barely leans towards mod influence if i literally just keep track of fakeclaims myself. i think the aspect of it where i'm like personally doing the players' job doesn't really matter if i do it consistently because it doesn't really have a way to tip off info to anyone, but of course i might forget to do it sometimes and maybe it causes me to be more keen on the players' claims which in turn puts me more at risk of accidentally communicating something to someone.
In post 28, schadd_ wrote:really, messing up a fakeclaim because you replaced is just something that shouldnt ever happen. it's just like annoying extra work to have to do when you replace into a scum slot which i think people already don't like doing, and it's easy enough to mess up, and it feels like out of game influence. theres a small extent i'm willing to let a good guy with OGI beat a bad guy with OGI and do the extra work myself but also i dont want to. lol.
this is something from the mod thread that i wonder if anyone would have thoughts about
free darius mccollum

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”