Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:46 am

Post by catboi »

Welcome,
Lucian
SCRRRDBEAR
, and
fferyllt
Somnus
. You may talk to each other here at any time, including during the night phase.

You are aware that precisely one of you is aligned with the mafia. The mafia selected who would be part of this neighborhood during Night 0.
Last edited by catboi on Sat Oct 15, 2022 1:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lucian
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:05 pm

Post by Lucian »

Oh, beautiful. Hello.
I, too, have a destiny.
Lucian
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:09 pm

Post by Lucian »

Why do I have the pleasure of being here? Don't be shy. I won't tell your secrets.
I, too, have a destiny.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:44 pm

Post by Somnus »

I feel personally attacked that I’m in the tiny neighborhood.

And hello!
Lucian
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:19 am

Post by Lucian »

Lucian
Isis
SirCakez
Dannflor
PookyTheMagicalBear
Cephrir
Somnus
SCRRRDBEAR
Radja

I find it interesting that everyone in the big hood is known, while the little hood is 2 (presumable) alts + Somnus. Does it mean something? Not necessarily. But it's
interesting
I, too, have a destiny.
SCRRRDBEAR
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:12 am

Post by SCRRRDBEAR »

In post 3, Somnus wrote:I feel personally attacked that I’m in the tiny neighborhood.

And hello!
BIG OR SMALL-- FIRE SAFETY IS FOR ALL!
Lucian
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:18 am

Post by Lucian »

Did you put us in here, Bear???
I, too, have a destiny.
Lucian
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:34 am

Post by Lucian »

Why are you both so quiet? :(
I, too, have a destiny.
SCRRRDBEAR
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:16 pm

Post by SCRRRDBEAR »

In post 6, Lucian wrote:Did you put us in here, Bear???
YES AND NOW I'M GOING TO DESTROY YOU BOTH BAHAHAHA
SCRRRDBEAR
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:17 pm

Post by SCRRRDBEAR »

In post 7, Lucian wrote:Why are you both so quiet? :(
WE CAN TALK ABOUT ALL THE REASONS RADJA IS SCUMMY BAHAHAHA
SCRRRDBEAR
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:18 pm

Post by SCRRRDBEAR »

I USE HOOD MORE ONCE SOMNUS IS DEAD
SCRRRDBEAR
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:09 pm

Post by SCRRRDBEAR »

THIS IS THE SCUM IN THE BIG HOOD
In post 190, Dannflor wrote:Somnus is scummy but there is also something else going on there maybe. Like, is weird because it's such complete and utter anti-spew. Which, yes, you might attribute to weak scum in the small hood who doesn't want to incriminate their partner. But that post is also anti-spewy towards their own neighborhood? And they don't need to be?? It'd be pretty easy to at least just focus on Lucian and Scared Bear and then you can at least generate content instead of whatever that post is

it makes me think there exists a world where Somnus is just neurotic town, probably not a very big world buuuuut

idk I'd like to see them come back to thread and try to make a post that isn't information over analysis

I guess I'm also paranoid because I don't really feel I have a reason to town read SCRRRDBEAR yet. There's not anything scummy I just haven't seen anything that I feel is unlikely to come from scum like I've felt from Lucian

I suppose I don't really like the initial push on Isis and then retraction, it feels slightly too like, "oh look I am having a read trajectory." if that makes sense? that might be uncharitable and I don't really have a strong reason to back that up other than gut, but the strength of their original push seems at odds with how they now disagree with it. i don't have a sense of what makes the initial push less valid now bc I feel like only part of the case had to do with the quality of Isis' posts? bear pls explain?

I guess I would put my read of that neighborhood as like Somnus >> SCRRRDBEAR >>> Lucian as far as likelihood of scum goes

======================

My town read of Pooky mainly comes from the fact that he isn't playing hard at all. I feel like mafia in the large hood is going to feel some pressure to establish a presence early and play relatively seriously. especially if that individual is familiar with the playerlist? idk i just think if mafia is within [isis, cephrir, pooky, sircakez], then they are going to feel the need to like carry the game as the non-expendable scum and also to establish themselves early amongst a playerlist that knows each other decently well

I don't really think Pooky shit posting and not doing much of anything really lends him to influencing the game much at all, which feels really bad for him long term?

[cephrir, sir cakez] are the two who I feel have been forcing their "solviness" and presence a little more. sir cakez' early posts feels like sorting to sort. calling me and Lucian TvT feels easy for someone who knows our alignments but I don't how actually clear that is? I don't get a sense the town read on me is that sophisticated

I see where Isis is coming from in town reading though. I think it's pretty genuine just I also don't think it's an impossible scum post to make.

cephrir isn't forcing the solviness obviously but I feeeeeel like he's forcing his presence a little. like he feels the need to post. undetermined if scummy or neuroticism but it fits the portrait of what I would expect scum in that group to be doing

Radja's posts haven't really left an impression on me. Going back through I kinda wanna town read #145 for being so hedgy. I liked Cephrir's initial logic for Radja town but I realized that it completely misses that Lucian or SCRRRDBEAR could be an experienced player who aligned these neighborhoods this way? I don't actually know if Lucian is an alt but the bear clearly is and I could see that being a BEAR/Radja angle. If Somnus ends up being scum though then I think it still holds some water.

Isis is an excellent player so my read confidence on her is only Medium, but I think her posts have largely been Good while simultaneously feeling fairly Relaxed. I also maintain #33 isn't really something I think scum!Isis would want to post here
READ IT AND WEEP SOMNUS
Lucian
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:11 pm

Post by Lucian »

I'm not sure if I agree that's post's obviously scummy...

It is a bit performative, I guess, but not so much so?
I, too, have a destiny.
SCRRRDBEAR
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:40 am

Post by SCRRRDBEAR »

In post 12, Lucian wrote:I'm not sure if I agree that's post's obviously scummy...

It is a bit performative, I guess, but not so much so?
WHO DO YOU THINK IT IS THEN? I WILL EAT MY LEFT KNEECAP IF CAKEZ IS SCUM IN THE BIG KID HOOD
Lucian
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:42 am

Post by Lucian »

I guess I'm currently mulling between SirCakez and Radja? But I also wouldn't be too surprised if I'm wrong, it's early game. I did kind of like Dannflor voting Radja despite having a townlean there, though, felt kinda organic.

Cephrir is hella annoying me right now, but I don't think he's necessarily scum for it.
I, too, have a destiny.
SCRRRDBEAR
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:27 am

Post by SCRRRDBEAR »

In post 14, Lucian wrote:I guess I'm currently mulling between SirCakez and Radja? But I also wouldn't be too surprised if I'm wrong, it's early game. I did kind of like Dannflor voting Radja despite having a townlean there, though, felt kinda organic.

Cephrir is hella annoying me right now, but I don't think he's necessarily scum for it.
I AGREE ON CEPHRIR (ANNOYING AND TOWN) AND RADJA (SUS.) I HAVE LEARNED NOT TO ENGAGE WITH CEPHRIR TOO MUCH. THEY ARE EASILY AGITATED AND THAT AGITATION CAN TRANSFER ONTO OTHERS. CEPHRIR USUALLY HAS GOOD READS WHEN LEFT TO HIS OWN DEVICES.

I THINK CAKEZ IS PROBABLY TOWN. JUST AN ACTIVITY SORT AND I THINK IT'S UNLIKELY THEY GET RUN UP THERE AS SCUM. IF THEY START LURKING LATER I WOULD BECOME SUSPICIOUS.

ISIS SKIPPED A CHANCE TO POCKET ME AND SEEMS SOLVEY. PROBABLY TOWN I THINK.

IT'S BETWEEN DANNFLOR, POOKY AND RADJA FOR ME. I THINK I CAN READ POOKY AND I'M UNCLEAR IF THEY HAVE DONE ANYTHING AI SO FAR. I WILL LOOK AT WHAT YOU SAID ABOUT DANNFLOR'S VOTE. I DON'T REALLY KNOW HOW TO DEDUCE FURTHER BETWEEN THESE THREE AT THIS POINT IN TIME. I FEEL SATISFIED WITH WHAT I HAVE COME UP WITH SO FAR.
Lucian
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:43 am

Post by Lucian »

What I mean by Dannflor's vote - voting Radja there as scum can be easily attacked, because "oh you're voting a townlean?" and I feel like experienced scum is more likely to avoid such scenarios? This is not very strong and I can imagine myself being wrong on it, but it's all I got so far.

Where do you feel Isis skipped a chance to pocket you?

I dunno on Pooky. I want to say that him memeing around is towny as he's in the big hood, but I don't know.

This is why I don't want to eliminate Somnus today. If he flips red, then what? You and I die, and the big hood is a mess to sort through.

I guess the actual value would come if Somnus flipped green, as we'd at least know we're way off base, but, uh, I don't want that to happen.
I, too, have a destiny.
SCRRRDBEAR
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:58 am

Post by SCRRRDBEAR »

I LOOKED AT WHAT YOU SAID ABOUT DANNFLOR'S TRAJECTORY ON RADJA AND I NOTICED SOMETHING:
In post 268, Dannflor wrote:
In post 265, Lucian wrote:Dannflor, would you say that 190 is a typical town-you post?
Yeah, although I'd try to replicate it as scum too if I thought it would be advantageous

I am often very waffley in my reads, I do think I actually had some stances of value in that post though

I was thinking about the game in the car on my drive home and then made that post when I got home and it was kind of a way for me to get my thoughts oriented about the game, so I think maybe the points I eventually got to were kinda obfuscated by all the fluff. Sometimes I'm better about cutting that fluff before I post but I was too lazy this time
THIS LOOKS LIKE SCUM TRYING TO POCKET YOU BECAUSE YOU DISPLAYED VULNERABILITY IN BEING EMPATHETIC TOWARD DANNFLOR'S INDECISION. YOU PERCEIVE HIM TO BE LIKE YOU IN THAT HE REALLY WANTS TO SOLVE THE GAME AND IS UNSURE WHERE TO LOOK. HOWEVER, IF YOU LOOK AT YOUR OWN ISO, THERE IS A LOT MORE DETAIL AND CONVICTION TO YOUR SOLVING THAN DANNFLOR IS DEMONSTRATING IN THIS GAME.

AFTER 268, DANNFLOR DISAPPEARS AND THEN POSTS THIS:
In post 313, Dannflor wrote:What does somnus flipping scum tell you about the game cakez
In post 314, Dannflor wrote:
In post 304, Cephrir wrote:I want the slot to post more before we seriously contemplate killing it anyways tho
I am here
I DON'T THINK THIS IS GENUINE, I THINK THIS IS POSTING JUST TO LOOK ACTIVE IN THE THREAD.

FOR EXAMPLE, LOOK AT HIS NEXT POSTS:
In post 320, Dannflor wrote:I think we should probably kill somnus but that ending the day so early would be disadvantageous
In post 352, Dannflor wrote:VOTE: somnus
In post 353, Dannflor wrote:I think it quite valuable to flip somnus and taking for granted that Somnus is definitely scum is hubris
THERE IS NO FOLLOW UP TO SORTING CAKEZ WHICH WAS THE ALLEGED TOWN!DANN MOTIVATION BEHIND 313. ALSO, 352 AND 353 LOOK LIKE POORLY THOUGHT OUT BUS VOTE.

DANN IS TAKING A DEEPSCUM TRAJECTORY WHERE THEY TRY TO FLY UNDER THE RADAR AND POCKET PEOPLE. I BELIEVE THEY ARE THE SCUM IN THE BIG HOOD AND I SUGGEST YOU DON'T TRUST THEM FOR THE REASONS YOU HAVE GIVEN.

I FIND THE REASONS YOU HAVE GIVEN TO TOWNREAD DANNFLOR ARE EMOTIONALLY DRIVEN DUE TO EMPATHIZING WITH DANNFLOR'S INDECISION. HOWEVER, I AM AN ASSHOLE AND I PERCEIVE DANNFLOR'S INDECISION TO BE APPLIED INSTRUMENTALLY TO MISDIRECT YOU RATHER THAN OCCURING ORGANICALLY FROM A TOWNIE THOUGHT PROCESS.

PEDIT:

I WILL QUOTE WHERE ISIS SKIPPED A CHANCE TO POCKET ME.

I UNDERSTAND THE TELL YOU ARE REFERRING TO ABOUT DANNFLOR'S VOTE. I THINK IT IS A GOOD POINT, AND TAKEN INTO CONTEXT WITH THE REST OF DANNFLOR'S ACTIONS, I STILL BELIEVE DANNFLOR IS THE SCUM IN THE BIG HOOD.

I THINK KILLING SOMNUS IS OKAY BECAUSE IT WILL TURN US INTO MASONS AND I THINK WE ARE GOOD PLAYERS. I SUSPECT DANNFLOR IS SCUM AND I WILL DIE, AND I TRUST YOU CAN LEAD SUCCESSFULLY ON YOUR OWN.
Lucian
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:05 pm

Post by Lucian »

In post 17, SCRRRDBEAR wrote:THERE IS NO FOLLOW UP TO SORTING CAKEZ WHICH WAS THE ALLEGED TOWN!DANN MOTIVATION BEHIND 313. ALSO, 352 AND 353 LOOK LIKE POORLY THOUGHT OUT BUS VOTE.
I feel like this is a very similar thought to what I was thinking WRT SirCakez. Interesting.
I, too, have a destiny.
SCRRRDBEAR
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:12 pm

Post by SCRRRDBEAR »

In post 279, Isis wrote:I have therapy in half an hour someone be toxic so I can talk about something that's not my family
In post 280, SCRRRDBEAR wrote:
In post 279, Isis wrote:I have therapy in half an hour someone be toxic so I can talk about something that's not my family
ONLY
YOU
CAN PREVENT FOREST FIRES AND
YOU
FAILED

INNOCENT BLOOD IS ON
YOUR
HANDS
THEY DO NOT FOLLOW UP HERE. INSTEAD THEY SHITPOST THIS LATER:
In post 282, Isis wrote:Commit to the bit
I USED TO SCUM READ FOR THIS SAME BEHAVIOR UNTIL I THOUGHT ABOUT THE MESSAGE IN THIS WORK:

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/th ... daDelta%29

THAT IS IMPORTANT OPPORTUNITY FOR ISIS TO DECEIVE ME INTO GIVING HER SLOT EXTRA CHANCES BY ESTABLISHING RAPPORT IN SOME WAY. I DO BELIEVE THAT SCUM!ISIS IS MORE LIKELY TO FOLLOW UP THERE THAN TOWN!ISIS. IT IS NOT A STRONG TELL, BUT I THINK IT'S A VALID ONE.
SCRRRDBEAR
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:12 pm

Post by SCRRRDBEAR »

In post 18, Lucian wrote:
In post 17, SCRRRDBEAR wrote:THERE IS NO FOLLOW UP TO SORTING CAKEZ WHICH WAS THE ALLEGED TOWN!DANN MOTIVATION BEHIND 313. ALSO, 352 AND 353 LOOK LIKE POORLY THOUGHT OUT BUS VOTE.
I feel like this is a very similar thought to what I was thinking WRT SirCakez. Interesting.
WHAT DOES WRT STAND FOR?
Lucian
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:18 pm

Post by Lucian »

"with regard to", sorry.
I, too, have a destiny.
Lucian
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:20 pm

Post by Lucian »

I mean, I've been harping on SirCakez for his vote on Somnus feeling like a poorly timed nonsense bus vote, but it seems like Dannflor's vote could very easily fit that description too.
I, too, have a destiny.
SCRRRDBEAR
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:07 pm

Post by SCRRRDBEAR »

In post 22, Lucian wrote:I mean, I've been harping on SirCakez for his vote on Somnus feeling like a poorly timed nonsense bus vote, but it seems like Dannflor's vote could very easily fit that description too.
YES DANNFLOR'S VOTE LOOKS LIKE LAZY BUS VOTE TOO. I THINK YOUR PUSH ON CAKEZ IS PRO TOWN EVEN THOUGH I DON'T BELIEVE IT'S CORRECT. IT'S INTERESTING WHAT PLAYERS DO WHEN THEY THINK THEY AREN'T BEING WATCHED.
Lucian
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:41 pm

Post by Lucian »

Yeah, my confidence on SirCakez is very shaken currently, but I think I'll keep bickering with him for a bit more. I kind of don't want to publicly say all that I'm thinking - if Somnus dies, it's gonna be interesting to find out which one of us is dead.
I, too, have a destiny.

Return to “Completed Game Topics”