Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:59 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

One thing I'm excited about is that I've never seen a scum mailman be used successfully before so I feel really motivated to try and close a scum win and find some N3 use for the role.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:19 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

viewtopic.php?p=13527270#p13527270 should link to #879 a post of yours. Looks pretty townie IMO.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:32 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

Maybe #436 (yours) could he a mason-finder crumb?
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:48 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

#253 (you)

"And when did frogster TR me for sorting..... i didn't really sort jack skwat thus far, only got my Asia feel, said i feel greenish on grib, and then later the iffy vibes i got from bella and elements, which isn't much tbh, i think bella is a ghost so meh and elements.... tbh hard to read for me atm."

i think bella is a ghost = mason? Elements and Bella mason reads?
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:49 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

With jack = joat crumb?
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:57 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

"Even tho i do feel good on fire, the fact that they and enchant are still in the same tunnel they've been basically all game , and all the reASONS i've seem from them are.... watery at best, just doesn't vibe well with me."

Mason-finder crumb
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:12 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

#474 and #484 maybe mason read crumbs as well?

__

There's a plot hole which would need to be explained away in this narrative:

The N1 TFN shot on Bella instead of the mason-Finder shot first.

Two excuses:

You wanted to use the TFN shot as a gambit to get an extra report by firing it N1 and then the mailman shot N2 to tell someone what you did N1. If you survive N2 you know you can trust the N1 target. Also, you intended to use the mason-Finder as a Checker shot to see if you were being roleblocked before you fired the tracker shot?

Then the change of plan was because you were able to make use of the mason-Finder N2 and felt comfortable with Bella being Town.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:32 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

I feel like I floated some good ideas but I don't want to be a power role-player so I'll wait for you before posting more.

__

Except...

Another option is to use the mailman shot to impersonate/frame someone and claim TFN?

If we go that route then the TFN claim would either need to be "complex TFN" or we might need to consider an extremely complex plan:

NK with a wifom save on someone and hope that Bella continues to not out your role until we can kill her N4. I claim to have received something which I don't reveal and indicates that i now believe you are town and should not out your role. We make sure that Enchant and 1 other player are clearly trapped within the PoE D4. On D5, I out that you're a complex TFN and I accuse Enchant of trying to frame me as a scum doctor.

__

So we have 4 "candidate moves" as we would call them in chess:

Pure mailman
JOAT plan
Complex TFN
TFN WITH an extremely complex plan

__

Now I will wait before posting more.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:46 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

Eira don't read until posting which ideas
you
like the best and/or think will work.

Spoiler:
In post 382, Frogsterking wrote:1 Pure mailman
2 JOAT plan
3 Complex TFN
4 TFN WITH an extremely complex plan
I prefer candidate moves

2, 1, 3 and 4 in that order.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:01 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

Can be read whenever. Also obviously if you have your own candidate moves I'm down to add those to the list.

Spoiler:
D4 with the non-wifomy kill Bella.

VC 3.FINAL
With 8 players
it takes 5
to make a decision. Day 3 ends in (expired on 2022-11-05 15:00:00).

VC
Not_Mafia [5]: Aisa, Grib, Elements, Enchant,
Bellaphant

Grib [1]: Frogsterking

Not voting [2]:
Not_Mafia
, Eiralox
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:08 pm

Post by Eiralox »

ok i skimmed most of it, opened spoiler but made sure not to read numbers after i read spoiler text. swift answers but i'll be back later, i havent thot in detail but i need to drop a response now
------
Aisa has been feeling iffy on me since D2.
-------
At this point Bella or Aisa yeah. Bella for obvious, Aisa for making elements/grib elism easier.
--------------
I love all these plans at first glance. the joat seems groovy, as does straight tfn. complex tfn... yeah maybe. might suggest scum have pr's instead of goons for balance.
----------
i like #381. my plan was to joat something like mailman, tracker, cop. mason finder might be op? maybe not.... very interesting, i like N_M n2 result. making me a lazy joat lol...
---------------------
i like frame post if i claim lfn, possible problem(low probability maybe) is town rb or town protective saving bella(rb maybe?)
--------------
bella kill still makes most sense, aisa is my second pick, so there at least i feel more sure
------------------------
these posts are all very helpful and i can see them working. ill try to be around later to be more thinky.
--------------------------------------------
at this point i don't mind you making my decisions for me, if you really think we can risk bella not killing me i can mail. ill give claims some thought.
----------
-----------

Oh last one: yeah my idea before this was to straight say i mailed u N3, if it comes to claim, which others will maybe be baying for. So if mail, Bella/N_M/Frog maybe, with me saying 'figured scum wouldve shot outside doc/vig, so confirmed myself to doc so we can hav town triad'... calls of frog/eira scum might follow
--------------------

hmmmm what? ..... ... oh yeah, last thing, i havent aked CSf but idk if town can demand i paste my mail for each night in-thread. if that's possible then TFN is safer maybe.
--------------------------

ok for now i go, so lemme ask: if i go something like TFN, and we frame some1 via mail, who do we frame to whom, and how?
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:11 pm

Post by Eiralox »

In post 384, Frogsterking wrote:Can be read whenever. Also obviously if you have your own candidate moves I'm down to add those to the list.

Spoiler:
D4 with the non-wifomy kill Bella.

VC 3.FINAL
With 8 players
it takes 5
to make a decision. Day 3 ends in (expired on 2022-11-05 15:00:00).

VC
Not_Mafia [5]: Aisa, Grib, Elements, Enchant,
Bellaphant

Grib [1]: Frogsterking

Not voting [2]:
Not_Mafia
, Eiralox

ok read it b4 imma go sunday lazy.

yeah.....

my mind rn is either: D4 Aisa/elements/grib band together and pressure enchant/eira/frog so much that scum pops a brain noodle

or

D4 aiselegri tear each other apart in paranoia. 2 is good. if i case and enchant tunnels grib and u act as arbitor after vig death we can create chaos.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:17 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

viewtopic.php?p=13545435#p13545435

Before I forget I want to note that #1926 (#1927) can be reinforced against Enchant later.

I also want to note that Enchant's ego is that they are an above-average player (which I happen to agree with.)
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:21 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 385, Eiralox wrote:complex tfn... yeah maybe. might suggest scum have pr's instead of goons for balance.
That's an excellent point I didn't consider.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:25 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 385, Eiralox wrote:hmmmm what? ..... ... oh yeah, last thing, i havent aked CSf but idk if town can demand i paste my mail for each night in-thread. if that's possible then TFN is safer maybe.
--------------------------

ok for now i go, so lemme ask: if i go something like TFN, and we frame some1 via mail, who do we frame to whom, and how?
Can you please clarify what you're asking about in the first section in the quote above?

I'll think about your question in the second section now.
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:31 pm

Post by Eiralox »

Oh I love me saying 'jack' being a joat claim btw. i've used jack in other games but in that spesific post with m thiking elem/bella maybe masons, might work lol

anyway imma bounce. hopefully tommorow im feeling up to this more. bella killing me is still real on my mind, but i get what u saying, they might trust me. i wouldn't, mailman would maybe be low utility in my mind and i'd maybe sort that possible bias.... but a complex vig being unsure can safely target a VT claim, if they lied theyre ded, so all good and maybe bella shooting grib is 100%?

meh.

sorry i'm not too keen on this rn but what youre saying here really meshes well anyway. bai

ugh network so shitty yesterday as well
*p-edit:

RE: #389: I was talking bout: If i claim LFN, u suggested we use mail to frame someone?

bye x4 imma chill, later today here me
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:44 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 390, Eiralox wrote:anyway imma bounce. hopefully tommorow im feeling up to this more. bella killing me is still real on my mind, but i get what u saying, they might trust me. i wouldn't, mailman would maybe be low utility in my mind and i'd maybe sort that possible bias.... but a complex vig being unsure can safely target a VT claim, if they lied theyre ded, so all good and maybe bella shooting grib is 100%?
I don't want to say 100% so I'll say 95%.
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:16 pm

Post by Eiralox »

swift thoughts:
------------
JOAT
-------
me claiming mason finder N2 on N_M might be wrong... i didn't really defend them at start. maybe N2 traffic analyst? problem comes with u having specced a traffivc analyst, town might find that sus.
-----------------------
so i wanna full reread try thread and play wiki, need descriptor i think, 'lazy' might seem balanced?
---------------------------
N1: Friendly Neigbour Bella N2: Traffic Analyst N_M N3: Mail ? N4: Tracker
-----------------------------
If doc heals me/themself:
N1: Mailman Bella N2: Traffic Analyst N_M N3: Fruit Vendor/Friendly Neigbour Frogsterking N4: Tracker
-----------------------------------
Preliminary, basic, ill wiki later.
-----------------------------------
If i town mai I can mail enchant, better pick imo cos aisa, grib and elements are hyenas at this point out for blood. all that gives me pause is enchant wanting bella to sort frogster, it's gonna be hard to talk around possibility of scum doc frogster maybe. if i bullshit enough. meh.

z
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:21 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

This is that link to the tier list I was talking about, I've been finding it helpful to browse roles:

viewtopic.php?p=13500924#p13500924
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:25 pm

Post by Eiralox »

o i havent read your preference spoiler yet. ill give input on that post later at least
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:26 pm

Post by Eiralox »

In post 393, Frogsterking wrote:This is that link to the tier list I was talking about, I've been finding it helpful to browse roles:

viewtopic.php?p=13500924#p13500924
cool cool ill check
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:26 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

Maybe an N2 vanilla cop shot on NM would make sense with your behavior D2?

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Vanilla_Cop
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:29 pm

Post by Eiralox »

ugh if i claim joat, for the level of trust bella evinced toward me, then the mailman claim being N1 makes hella sense. but i still like the joat claim so rolling with FN can work, let mail do thing N3. neighbourizer in joat 2 op in this setup.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:34 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 396, Frogsterking wrote:Maybe an N2 vanilla cop shot on NM would make sense with your behavior D2?

N2 vanilla cop or N2 roleblocker-Finder shot are my best guesses right now.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:43 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 398, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 396, Frogsterking wrote:Maybe an N2 vanilla cop shot on NM would make sense with your behavior D2?

N2 vanilla cop or N2 roleblocker-Finder shot are my best guesses right now.
Like something which would give you some reason not to want to vote there but not enough to hard commit to defending them.

I think roleblocker-Finder might be best? Because it could imply that there is a roleblocker somewhere? But that maybe doesn't mesh with the NLing.

Return to “Completed Game Topics”