MegAzumarill's Mini Normal Review, October 2022 (Released)

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

MegAzumarill's Mini Normal Review, October 2022 (Released)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:34 am

Post by implosion »

MegAzumarill wrote:Am dumb and realized I didn't submit this when inning to mod.
13 Players

Vt x6
Two Shot Hider
Simple Watcher
Combined Shield/Doctor [Makes doctor more likely to die]
Compulsive Visitor
Mafia Goon
Mafia Loud Visionary
Mafia OS Combined Ninja-Strongman

Spoiler:
You are a
Vanilla Townie

You have no active abilities.

You win when all threats to the town are dead.

You are a
Town Combined Doctor-Shield

Each night you may target a player. Assuming no interference to your action, you will protect that player from one night kill. Additionally, if your target performs a direct killing action, that action will be prevented and you will die.

(Shows up as a blocking and Protective to visionary i think)

You are a
Town Compulsive Visitor

Each night you must target a player. Assuming no interference to your action, you will visit that player. This has no other effect.
Pregame, you must send me an ordered list of all the other players in the game. If you do not submit an action during the night you will target the top player on this list that is still alive, and you have not yet targeted.

You are a
Town Simple Watcher

Each night you may target a player. Assuming no interference to your action, you will receive a list of all players who successfully targeted that player, besides you. This action will only succeed on a Mafia Goon, Vanilla Townie, or Serial Killer, if used on any other player it will fail.

Example Feedback
Watcher Results: No result.
Watcher Results: You saw no players visit your target last night.
Watcher Results: You saw PLAYER X visit your target last night.
Watcher Results: You saw PLAYER X and PLAYER Y visit your target last night.

You are a
Town Two-Shot Hider

Twice during the game, during the night you may target a player. Assuming no interference to your action, you will be protected from all kills the night you use this effect, however, if the player you targeted dies due to a direct killing action the night you target them, you will die.

You are a
Mafia Goon.

You may talk with PLAYER A (Mafia Loud Visionary) and PLAYER B (Mafia One-Shot Combined Ninja-Unstoppable) at any time here: (link)
Each night, assuming none of your teammates are performing this action, you may target a player. Assuming no interference to your action you will kill that player.
You have no other abilities.

You win when the number of living town players are equal to or less than the number of living mafia players.

You are a
Mafia Loud Visionary

You may talk with PLAYER C (Mafia Goon) and PLAYER B (Mafia One-Shot Combined Ninja-Unstoppable) at any time here: (link)
Each night, assuming none of your teammates are performing this action, you may target a player. Assuming no interference to your action you will kill that player.
Additionally, each night you may target a player. Assuming no interference to your action they will be informed that you visited them, and they will learn what actions other than this action targeted them last night. The possible action types given by this ability are blocking, jailkeeping, role investigation, action investigation, protection, killing, and miscellaneous. This action may be used alongside your factional kill.

You win when the number of living town players are equal to or less than the number of living mafia players.

Results:
Loud Result: PLAYER A targeted you with a Loud action last night!
Visionary Result: A visionary gave you a vision of being targeted by a ____ action last night!
Visionary Result: A visionary gave you a vision of not being targeted by any actions last night!
Visionary Result: A visionary gave you a vision of being targeted by a __ action and a ___ action last night!

You are a
Mafia One-Shot Combined Ninja-Unstoppable

You may talk with PLAYER C (Mafia Goon) and PLAYER A (Mafia Loud Visionary) at any time here: (link)
Additionally, once during the game, when you perform the factional kill, you may activate this ability. If you do, your kill is guaranteed to succeed on your original target (unless the target commutes.) The night you activate this ability, your actions will not be seen by trackers, watchers, or any similar roles.

Last edited by implosion on Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:35 am

Post by implosion »

Primary: Firebringer
Secondary: Isis
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:48 am

Post by Isis »

What's shield again
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:49 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

If it targets the mafia commiting the kill it dies instead of original target
Imprefection is the spice of life.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:50 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

My biggest worry here is simple watcher being too centralizing and town basically get steamrolled if it dies n1.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 12:01 pm

Post by Isis »

What is "0S"
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 12:02 pm

Post by Isis »

If the watcher claims at e1 but then the strongman is eliminated instead then town rolls
"Well, I..."
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 12:09 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

In post 5, Isis wrote:What is "0S"
One-Shot
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 12:09 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

Possibly the protective is Indecisive?
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:21 pm

Post by Firebringer »

im here and will review tomorrow
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:36 pm

Post by Firebringer »

actually looking at it now.

My first thought is with three town power (im not counting compulsive visitor thats neg town utility gives false positives for Watcher)

shield/doctor + watcher can be powerful. I think in practice the shield part will not come in play likely the fact is i don't think town will think to use this to heal players that are either scum or likely to make kill. So if it comes down to it i think the will play in normal doctor style heal who thinks will die.
Given that hider can be weak/neg utility (two people can possibly die in one night/or save themselves). I sort of lean that town is too weak in this setup unless the doctor/watcher figure each other out and really help out.

So I think scum don't need two power roles. Right now i kind of would suggest taking out the Ninja part of one shot unstoppable. I don't think we need to punish a good play scenario in which scum decide to make a kill that they think needs to be made in which they suffer 0 possible situations in which is checked, in other words think there should be a risk its spotted by watcher but can make it bypass doctor heal. I don't think giving the scum one free night of not a chance of a guilty is good for this game. You could alternatively take away the Unstoppable and keep Ninja, this both hints at the tracker possibility in game for scum team and allows for them to go to make a kill but doctor could make save (less inclinded for that).

Anyways thats just my first level thoughts on this.
I think town are a bit underpowered with 2 scum PRs here and think this small tweak would be fine to bring it more inline
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:29 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

I would not be too opposed to removing ninja here. I don't really think it comes into play much other than peace of mind for scum to kill.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:30 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

In post 0, implosion wrote:
MegAzumarill wrote:Am dumb and realized I didn't submit this when inning to mod.
13 Players

Vt x6
Two Shot Hider
Simple Watcher
Combined Shield/Doctor [Makes doctor more likely to die]
Compulsive Visitor
Mafia Goon
Mafia Loud Visionary
Mafia OS Combined Ninja-Strongman

Spoiler:
You are a
Vanilla Townie

You have no active abilities.

You are a
Town Combined Doctor-Shield

Each night you may target a player. Assuming no interference to your action, you will protect that player from one night kill. Additionally, if your target performs a direct killing action, that action will be prevented and you will die.

(Shows up as a blocking and Protective to visionary i think)

You are a
Town Compulsive Visitor

Each night you must target a player. Assuming no interference to your action, you will visit that player. This has no other effect.
Pregame, you must send me an ordered list of all the other players in the game. If you do not submit an action during the night you will target the top player on this list that is still alive, and you have not yet targeted.

You are a
Town Simple Watcher

Each night you may target a player. Assuming no interference to your action, you will receive a list of all players who successfully targeted that player, besides you. This action will only succeed on a Mafia Goon, Vanilla Townie, or Serial Killer, if used on any other player it will fail.

Example Feedback
Watcher Results: No result.
Watcher Results: You saw no players visit your target last night.
Watcher Results: You saw PLAYER X visit your target last night.
Watcher Results: You saw PLAYER X and PLAYER Y visit your target last night.

You are a
Town Two-Shot Hider

Twice during the game, during the night you may target a player. Assuming no interference to your action, you will be protected from all kills the night you use this effect, however, if the player you targeted dies due to a direct killing action the night you target them, you will die.

You are a
Mafia Goon.

You may talk with PLAYER A (Mafia Loud Visionary) and PLAYER B (Mafia One-Shot Unstoppable) at any time here: (link)
You have no other abilities.

You are a
Mafia Loud Visionary

You may talk with PLAYER C (Mafia Goon) and PLAYER B (Mafia One-Shot Unstoppable) at any time here: (link)
Additionally, each night you may target a player. Assuming no interference to your action they will be informed that you visited them, and they will learn what actions other than this action targeted them last night. The possible action types given by this ability are blocking, jailkeeping, role investigation, action investigation, protection, killing, and miscellaneous. This action may be used alongside your factional kill.

Results:
Loud Result: PLAYER A targeted you with a Loud action last night!
Visionary Result: A visionary gave you a vision of being targeted by a ____ action last night!
Visionary Result: A visionary gave you a vision of not being targeted by any actions last night!
Visionary Result: A visionary gave you a vision of being targeted by a __ action and a ___ action last night!

You are a
Mafia One-Shot Unstoppable

You may talk with PLAYER C (Mafia Goon) and PLAYER A (Mafia Loud Visionary) at any time here: (link)
Additionally, once during the game, when you perform the factional kill, you may activate this ability. If you do, your kill is guaranteed to succeed on your original target (unless the target commutes.)

Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:35 am

Post by Isis »

Did you mean to empty quote post 0?
"Well, I..."
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:39 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

Sorry, it has the updated role PMS for mafia in it
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:39 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

Probably should've mentioned that :I
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:52 am

Post by Firebringer »

looking at visionary again.
i think doctor/shield would just show as protection.
Would hider be blocking?
Show

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:55 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 6, Isis wrote:If the watcher claims at e1 but then the strongman is eliminated instead then town rolls
this assumes they wouldn't just yeet the doctor later lol.
Show

MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:55 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

Hider is misc according to NAR normal guidelines, shield is blocking and doctor is protection
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:52 pm

Post by Firebringer »

i don't have anymore questions or concerns right now.
Isis?
Show

MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:05 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

I would assume visionary gives both Blocking and protection then, right?
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:14 pm

Post by Isis »

I think you shouldn't include serial killer in the definition of simple watcher because Serial Killer is only considered normal in larges in the normal queue
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:17 pm

Post by Isis »

I agree it's a strong scum team but just barely passable. Watcher is crazy strong and simple is a weak gate so it gets there
"Well, I..."
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:46 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 20, MegAzumarill wrote:I would assume visionary gives both Blocking and protection then, right?
i really think the NAR should be changed for shield as it seems more like protection. But considering thats the normal guidelines yes this is result to give.
Show

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:50 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 22, Isis wrote:I agree it's a strong scum team but just barely passable. Watcher is crazy strong and simple is a weak gate so it gets there
it can also be used as a way of confirming fake VT claims so its useful in that regard.

I just realized taking out the ninja and if watcher checked doctor it would be showing as no result anyways. so there would be 0 change in that case.
Show

Return to “Completed Game Reviews”