Micro 1065 Coalition Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Micro 1065 Coalition Game Over!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:41 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

MICRO 1065 || THE GRAND COALITION

Image[/align]

ALIVE

Spoiler:
Ydrasse
Lucian
Menalque
unwnd
Dannflor
Una
Greeting
JunkoChan
Vanderscamp

DEAD

Spoiler:
Noone yet!
Last edited by PookyTheMagicalBear on Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:49 am

SETUP

7 ×
Vanilla Townie

2 ×
Mafia Goon

• Daytalk is enabled.
• Day start.
• On Day 1, each player may propose a coalition of five players (and may change their mind about this as often as they like, until a coalition is locked in). Do this using HEAL: tags.
• A majority coalition is agreed upon when at least five players have the same group of five people proposed as a coalition. At this point, the coalition is locked in and cannot be changed.
• If a coalition containing scum is locked in, the game continues onto a normal Day 1 at that point (but town have the information that there was at least one scum inside the coalition); the coalition mechanic is disabled for the rest of the game.
• If a coalition containing five townies is locked in, town automatically wins.

A REQUEST

Your moderator is a lazy bum so whatever your latest heal list is, it will be your full coalition vote

ROLE CARDS

Spoiler:
Welcome to Grand Coalition! You are a
Vanilla Townie

You have no active abilities.

You win if a coalition of 5 townies is locked in on Day 1, or if all Mafia are dead.

Confirm by replying to this PM with a summary of your role. The game may be found here.

Spoiler:
Welcome to Grand Coalition! You are a
Mafia Goon

Your team-mate is [HERE]. You may talk to them here at any time.
You have the following active ability:

Each Night, if no other member of your faction is performing this action, you may target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, that player will die.
You win if all townies are dead (or nothing can prevent this), but lose if a coalition of 5 townies is locked in on Day 1.

Confirm by replying to this PM with a summary of your role. The game may be found here.
Last edited by PookyTheMagicalBear on Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:50 am

rules

shamelessly stolen
inspired by datisi, plotinus' and schadd_'s rulesets.

the tl;dr:

~ Coalition Formation: 7 Days, Every Elimination Day: 7 Days, nights: 2 days.
~ majority yeets.
~ 48 hour before prod, 24 hours before replacement.
~ if you want to replace out, pm me.
~ flavour has no bearing on player alignments.
~ don't be a dick.

the basics:

~ follow all site rules.
~ my mod colour is
teal
, I will also use blue when I am stealing from someone other than Datisi. you can use it if you want, just don't attempt to impersonate me.
~ you may not talk to each other about this game outside of threads i have created for this purpose. you may not talk about other ongoing games in this thread.
~
if you wish to replace out, pm me, do not request replacement in thread.
do not discuss your reasons for replacing out publically. do not threaten to replace out or tell other players to replace out. if you have any concerns that a player should be replaced, pm me.
~ do not quote pm's from the mod at all, either real or fabricated. do not quote posts from private threads. this includes specific timestamps. paraphrasing is acceptable.
~
don’t be a dick.
this is a heated game but toxicity will not be tolerated. attack the play not the player. if your fellow players tell you to stop, you must stop. if you do not stop, i will tell you to stop. if you still do not stop, you will be force-replaced.
~
flavour is just flavour, and has no bearing on player alignments.
don't use it to make arguments.
~ play to win. seriously claiming scum with another player is against the rules. i will judge what counts as serious - don't toe the line.
~ if you have any questions about the rules, feel free to pm me.

days and voting:

~ day 1 lasts up to 10 real-life days. days 2+ last up to 8 real-life days.
~ extensions may or may not be granted if there are replacements, or if the circumstances call for it (for example, if the site was experiencing issues).
~ votes must be in bold in the format VOTE: datisi or
vote: datisi
. Strong preference for using vote tags instead of bold tags. unvotes are nice but not required. type [
v]datisi[
/v] to vote and [
uv]datisi[
/uv] to unvote.
~ you can use nicknames when voting, as long as it is clear who you're referring to.
~ if i think it’s a vote, it’s a vote.
~ days end early when a simple majority of players (50% of living players + 1 rounded down) vote to yeet somebody.
~ if a majority is not reached at deadline or if a majority of the players vote for no yeet, the day will end without a yeet. at evens, 50% is sufficient for no yeet.
~ twilight begins when a majority is reached and lasts until i lock the thread. you're still alive until i flip you so you can talk in any game threads you have access to until then, but no votes or unvotes will be counted.
~ it takes (100% of living players + 1) votes to yeet the moderator.

activity and v/la:

~ you must post at least once every 36 hours or i will prod you. you then have 24 hours to post in the game thread or i will replace you. if you come back before i find a replacement, you can stay.
~ if i have to prod you for the fourth time, i will automatically start searching for a replacement.
~ if you haven't posted in the 24 hours before the thread is locked for night, you must reply to the night start pm or you will be replaced during the night.
~ players can request me to prod somebody early. this will only count as an official prod if you don't post before you would have been due for a prod.
~ if you need to be absent for longer than 36 hours, you should declare
v/la
in bold in the thread like this: [
b]
@mod: I will be v/la until thursday
[
/b]. while you are v/la, you will be nudged once every 60 hours. two nudges equals one prod. if you have not posted game advancing content in 5 days, regardless of v/la status, you will be replaced.
~ a naked "prod dodge" does not reset the prod timer. to avoid being prodded/replaced for inactivity, include some game advancing content in your prodges, such as "got prodded; datisi is still scum."

nights and night actions:

~ nights last 48 hours.
~ the night phase can be shortened if every living player -- even those with no night actions -- agrees to it and if I'm not busy.
~ you may submit actions via pm. if you have a scum pt, a mason pt, or a notes pt, you may also submit your actions there. if the actions are not submitted by the deadline then you do nothing. you can change your mind as many times as you like before the deadline.
~ if i don't hear from you about your night actions, i'll pm you 24 hours before the deadline. this doesn't count as a prod. if i still don't hear from you, you will take no action.

miscellaneous:

~ let me know if you want a private thread to store your thoughts and feedback for the other players. you may draft posts in your notes pt if the posts are clearly meant to be posted in the main thread. you may talk about your notes pt. you may not directly quote from your notes pt, and you may not use it to demonstrate that you've had a town mindset in private all along; just put your town mindset in public to begin with and keep your notes to yourself.
~ provable randomness is against the rules. saying that you rolled a dice is fine, using dice tags or random.org screenshots is not.
~ no hard to read / extremely small text. cryptography is forbidden. breadcrumbing is okay.
~ using scripts to alter or hide another player's posts is not allowed.
~ the only allowed media is embedded content, or links to uneditable content. for example, you are not allowed to link vocaroos and pastebins in the thread.
~ very big images and big chunks of non-game-related text are allowed, as long as they are spoiled. if you post them without a spoiler, i will edit a spoiler in.
~ excessive spamming is not allowed.
~ the mod may make mistakes. minor errors (such as a mistake in the vote count) can be pointed out in-thread. for bigger errors, please pm me.
~ i reserve the right to alter/remove/add any rules as i see fit. you will be notified if this happens.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:04 am

Role PMs are out, the game will begin at 8/9 confirmations.

6/9
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:31 pm

Day One

FlavorImage

Spoiler: History of the Crimean War
The Crimean War[e] was fought from October 1853 to February 1856[4] in which Russia lost to an alliance of the Ottoman Empire, France, the United Kingdom and Piedmont-Sardinia. The immediate cause of the war involved the rights of Christian minorities in Palestine (then part of the Ottoman Empire) with the French promoting the rights of Roman Catholics, and Russia promoting those of the Eastern Orthodox Church. Longer-term causes involved the decline of the Ottoman Empire, the expansion of the Russian Empire in the preceding Russo-Turkish Wars, and the British and French preference to preserve the Ottoman Empire to maintain the balance of power in the Concert of Europe.

The churches worked out their differences with the Ottomans and came to an agreement, but both the French Emperor Napoleon III and the Russian Tsar Nicholas I refused to back down. Nicholas issued an ultimatum that demanded the Orthodox subjects of the Ottoman Empire be placed under his protection. Britain attempted to mediate and arranged a compromise to which Nicholas agreed. When the Ottomans demanded changes to the agreement, Nicholas recanted and prepared for war.

In July 1853, Russian troops occupied the Danubian Principalities[4] (now part of Romania but then under Ottoman suzerainty). In October 1853, having obtained promises of support from France and Britain, the Ottomans declared war on Russia.[5] Led by Omar Pasha, the Ottomans fought a strong defensive campaign and stopped the Russian advance at Silistra (now in Bulgaria). A separate action on the fort town of Kars, in Western Armenia, led to a siege, and an Ottoman attempt to reinforce the garrison was destroyed by a Russian fleet at the Battle of Sinop in November 1853. Fearing an Ottoman collapse, the British and the French had their fleets enter the Black Sea in January 1854.[6] They moved north to Varna in June 1854 and arrived just in time for the Russians to abandon Silistra.

After a minor skirmish at Köstence (now Constanța), the allied commanders decided to attack Russia's main naval base in the Black Sea, Sevastopol, on the Crimean Peninsula. After extended preparations, allied forces landed on the peninsula in September 1854 and marched their way to a point south of Sevastopol after they had won the Battle of the Alma on 20 September 1854. The Russians counterattacked on 25 October in what became the Battle of Balaclava and were repulsed, but the British Army's forces were seriously depleted as a result. A second Russian counterattack, at Inkerman (November 1854), ended in a stalemate as well. The front settled into the siege of Sevastopol, involving brutal conditions for troops on both sides. Smaller military actions took place in the Baltic (1854–1856; see Åland War), the Caucasus (1853–1855), the White Sea (July–August 1854) and the North Pacific (1854–1855).

Sevastopol finally fell after eleven months, after the French had assaulted Fort Malakoff. Isolated and facing a bleak prospect of invasion by the West if the war continued, Russia sued for peace in March 1856. France and Britain welcomed the development, owing to the conflict's domestic unpopularity. The Treaty of Paris, signed on 30 March 1856, ended the war. It forbade Russia from basing warships in the Black Sea. The Ottoman vassal states of Wallachia and Moldavia became largely independent. Christians in the Ottoman Empire gained a degree of official equality, and the Orthodox Church regained control of the Christian churches in dispute.[7]

The Crimean War was one of the first conflicts in which military forces used modern technologies such as explosive naval shells, railways and telegraphs.[8] The war was one of the first to be documented extensively in written reports and in photographs. The war quickly became a symbol of logistical, medical and tactical failures and of mismanagement. The reaction in Britain led to a demand for professionalisation of medicine, most famously achieved by Florence Nightingale, who gained worldwide attention for pioneering modern nursing while she treated the wounded.

The Crimean War marked a turning point for the Russian Empire. The war weakened the Imperial Russian Army, drained the treasury and undermined Russia's influence in Europe. The empire would take decades to recover. Russia's humiliation forced its educated elites to identify its problems and to recognise the need for fundamental reforms. They saw rapid modernisation as the sole way to recover the empire's status as a European power. The war thus became a catalyst for reforms of Russia's social institutions, including the abolition of serfdom and overhauls in the justice system, local self-government, education and military service.

VOTECOUNT 1.0

[9] Not Voting:
Ydrasse, Lucian, Menalque, unwnd, Dannflor, Una, Greeting, JunkoChan, Vanderscamp

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to form a coalition!

The deadline is in (expired on 2022-11-11 20:40:33).
[/align]
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:32 pm

Greeting has until (expired on 2022-11-06 12:40:33) to confirm their role pm before I seek a replacement.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:45 pm

Post by Dannflor »

HEAL: ydrasse
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:50 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

hi.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:19 pm

Post by JunkoChan »

VOTE: una

hey, I want to say I've never played this setup before but it's really interesting
For how to play with JunkoChan, click on my wiki!

I will inflict you with the pain of a thousand slapping anime girls ~thenewearth
you do know if you kill me that's a one way ticket to execution-ville ~Iprobablysuck
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:30 pm

Post by unwnd »

[hell:]Ydrasse[/hell]

Send her home
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:31 pm

Post by unwnd »

Misspelled oops
Stop
Una
Una
She
Goon
Una
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:04 pm

Post by Una »

HEAL: Una, Menalque, unwnd, Greetings, Vanderscamp
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:58 pm

Post by Greeting »

Okay, ladies, now let's get in formation!

Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:17 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

FIRST
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:38 pm

Post by Menalque »

Sup

@pooky i do a standing weekend V/LA these days pls
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:38 pm

Post by Menalque »

There are two rules and those are dannflor and ydrasse don’t go in the coalition
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Lucian
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 1:58 am

Post by Lucian »

So, what I'm hearing is...

HEAL: Ydrasse
HEAL: Dannflor
I, too, have a destiny.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:35 am

Post by Ydrasse »

epic win for the ydrassers and dannflorets out there
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:36 am

Post by unwnd »

Mafia players be like

Ydrasse and Dannflor could be Mafia together. However, they could also be town together. The ontological prospect of a dissemenating wagon of two factional alignments is judiciously high to some degree. Logical fallacies. Buzzword. Despite this, Buzzword. the benefication of two opposing Buzzword. factors can coincide with a commonplace endeavor that predicates two likely quantities of the same form. I may have confirmation bias and meta may predicatiously fornicate the gammaelfactorial malpractice of two reads that masterfractal the pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:37 am

Post by unwnd »

Anyways you are all fucking idiots if you don't vote with me and I will shit
Stop
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:39 am

Post by Ydrasse »

i town
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:40 am

Post by unwnd »

Ummm...prove it?
Stop
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:42 am

Post by Ydrasse »

already have to the other town players

!
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:45 am

Post by unwnd »

I'm looking at your post right now and I've decided that based on the current state of the game you are null

Have a nice day
Stop
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:49 am