Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:00 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 841, Morning Tweet wrote:
In post 670, Frogsterking wrote:Vote Roden for lying or go back to newbie queue. I'm using 2 posts for this so you all can be explicitly sure:

I didn't receive a message from Roden. You can be damn sure that one of us is lying. It should be obvious to you that Roden is the one who is lying, but if you have to flip me first to find out that Roden/Passenger/Bell are the group scum, then be my guest and vote me instead of Roden.
I did not receive a message about Roden, either.
In post 531, Roden wrote:Besides that, the secondary effect from my ability let's me send a message to my target mod-confirming me as town. I'd like for this player to announce this, please.
In post 657, Roden wrote:I guess Flavia is just trying to run out the clock at this point.

I sent it to Frog, for a few reasons. Sending it to my biggest detractor forces him to have to accept he was wrong, if he's town. That part's important, because Koka already stated that when an Advocate reveals themself, that it gives information to the Government.
It's not true.
This is extremely weird.
But that's kind of fun.
The Bombay
The Bombay
Goon
The Bombay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:01 pm

Post by The Bombay »

In post 870, Morning Tweet wrote:
In post 867, The Bombay wrote:Koka was being kinda scummy, and started getting some pressure.

Koka activated their advocate ability, and the mod posted they were an advocate, and Koka claimed
In post 284, Kokabiel wrote:It's a Moonlight dancer with an additional on-death trigger, and no it's sadly not a vengeful.
Because koka was still kinda scummy, they got some more votes. And Koka then revealed that they lied when they said that they had "an additional on-death trigger" like,
they have completely dropped that, and instead changed their claim to be

In post 455, Kokabiel wrote:When i get modconfirmed the government receives a notification that the delegation will find out their identity during the next night phase(N2 in this case) unless i get killed.
The way their claim shifted from "if you kill me something bad will happen, so don't kill me" to "if you let me live, the 3p will lose, so don't kill me" made it seem to me like both of those were lies just hoping to survive.
What do you mean that Koka lied about the additional on-death trigger? That's the SK thing, no? All of the bolded doesn't accurately describe what happened as far as i can tell
Their current claim is that something happens if they live until Day 2. That is demonstrably not an "on death trigger"

But you don't even have to take my word for it when I say that the first claim was a lie. They admitted that they lied with their first claim
In post 510, Kokabiel wrote:
In post 496, The Bombay wrote:
Also, if you ability only works if you live, why did you earlier describe it as:
In post 284, Kokabiel wrote:an additional on-death trigger, and no it's sadly not a vengeful.
I wanted to spite you all for a bit without going anti-win condition. My flip would just inform you that government needs to kill me to not get outed instead of me just telling you verbally.
Scarfmanship
Scarfmanship
Goon
Scarfmanship
Goon
Goon

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:06 pm

Post by Scarfmanship »

I'm down to kill a botched claim, how long do we have until DL? Is it unfrozen now that i replaced in?
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:07 pm

Post by Bell »

Roden's claim still fits.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: She

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:08 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

I guess they're more of an on-alive then actually yeah. And that is arguably lying to say that learning what the role is after their death is an on-death.
The Bombay
The Bombay
Goon
The Bombay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:08 pm

Post by The Bombay »

In post 870, Morning Tweet wrote:I don't see where this occured. The on-death effect didn't come off as a "don't kill me", and neither did the SK-baiting part. Scum throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks maybe but 'lies hoping to survive' is way too far.
If you don't see how

"If you guys kll me something will trigger - not telling you what it is tho"
and
"If you let me live, the 3p will lose"

Can be attempts to survive, without them literally saying "
and because of the pr I just claimed, I should not be killed right now
," I don't know what to tell you.
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:09 pm

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

In post 874, Morning Tweet wrote:Yeah and I know that wasn't answering the question. We all know why Roden claimed the first part and I don't know why Roden claimed the second part
This is the part that won't fit.

Roden's not really a 'throw Spaghetti at the wall' kinda guy, so I really can't believe he's pulling all this out of the air just to kill Koka. ESPECIALLY given that Koka was a top contenders for today's lim anyway.
Phone posting. Low effort, big fun.
"In my heart, Johnny will always be scum" - Not_Mafia
The Bombay
The Bombay
Goon
The Bombay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:09 pm

Post by The Bombay »

In post 877, Scarfmanship wrote:I'm down to kill a botched claim, how long do we have until DL? Is it unfrozen now that i replaced in?
Mod said that he would add 12 hours after the replacements were found.
The Bombay
The Bombay
Goon
The Bombay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:17 pm

Post by The Bombay »

Just as an aside, because I want to kill Koka still, but as a "just in case I don't make it to tomorrow"

Tweetie's posting has felt fairly motivated to try and find a way to poke around to find a way to reframe everything about Koka. Which I also felt from Frog. Which leave me feeling like that slot has an agenda different then my own.

I retract my town read of the slot.

I have no idea if it makes sense with a 3p out there, but I almost feel like the slot is a traitor for the delegation. Feels unlikely that a partner would actually go as hard as frog did and the 3p would actually be that motivated to save Koka, regardless of koka's alignment
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:20 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 880, The Bombay wrote:
In post 870, Morning Tweet wrote:I don't see where this occured. The on-death effect didn't come off as a "don't kill me", and neither did the SK-baiting part. Scum throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks maybe but 'lies hoping to survive' is way too far.
If you don't see how

"If you guys kll me something will trigger - not telling you what it is tho"
and
"If you let me live, the 3p will lose"

Can be attempts to survive, without them literally saying "
and because of the pr I just claimed, I should not be killed right now
," I don't know what to tell you.
I think the first characterization is a stretch, the second is plausible I suppose. Actually, no, I don't think either happened. I don't think Koka would have considered the claim as a "Let me live and SK will be taken care of"

I think it's more likely that it's just a not well thought out claim that functions not super well because it's fake, if that is the case. They probably just said what came to mind as it happened. I'd shut the case there if I got Roden's message.
The Bombay
The Bombay
Goon
The Bombay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:24 pm

Post by The Bombay »

Basically it feels unlikely that town frog and town tweetie would independently of one another both end up approaching the discussion from that direction.

It also seems unlikely that a partner would go that hard for another partner that botched their claim, and would just cut their losses.

It also seems unlikely that the 3p would be as invested as frog was in saving Koka, regardless of Koka's alignment.

Which leaves me in a weird position of thinking about other possibilities outside of those three. Or else there is some other piece of infomation that we are missing here. Maybe the flips enlighten us.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:25 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 883, The Bombay wrote:Just as an aside, because I want to kill Koka still, but as a "just in case I don't make it to tomorrow"

Tweetie's posting has felt fairly motivated to try and find a way to poke around to find a way to reframe everything about Koka. Which I also felt from Frog. Which leave me feeling like that slot has an agenda different then my own.

I have no idea if it makes sense with a 3p out there, but I almost feel like the slot is a traitor for the delegation. Feels unlikely that a partner would actually go as hard as frog did and the 3p would actually be that motivated to save Koka, regardless of koka's alignment
I find it difficult to believe both Koka and Roden are scum. Put yourself in my shoes for a bit. Roden's claim is confirmed as untrue to me so there's a large chance there's a hole in the Koka case. Roden's reasons for Koka being scum were not compelling to me either.
The Bombay
The Bombay
Goon
The Bombay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:26 pm

Post by The Bombay »

In post 884, Morning Tweet wrote:I think the first characterization is a stretch, the second is plausible I suppose.
They literally compared it to being vengeful, but not actually vengeful at first.

It sure read like an indication that "the thing that happens when I die is bad" to me.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:27 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 887, The Bombay wrote:
In post 884, Morning Tweet wrote:I think the first characterization is a stretch, the second is plausible I suppose.
They literally compared it to being vengeful, but not actually vengeful at first.

It sure read like an indication that "the thing that happens when I die is bad" to me.
They said it isn't a vengeful. How's that comparison
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:28 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

Well I guess is not equal is a comparison.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:29 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

It didn't read like that at all to me. It read like it was something mundane
The Bombay
The Bombay
Goon
The Bombay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:31 pm

Post by The Bombay »

In post 886, Morning Tweet wrote:
In post 883, The Bombay wrote:Just as an aside, because I want to kill Koka still, but as a "just in case I don't make it to tomorrow"

I find it difficult to believe both Koka and Roden are scum. Put yourself in my shoes for a bit. Roden's claim is confirmed as untrue to me so there's a large chance there's a hole in the Koka case. Roden's reasons for Koka being scum were not compelling to me either.
I am just saying that it really stood out that your entrance to the thread (other then countering Roden's assertion) was
In post 844, Morning Tweet wrote:Koke's role sounds real

I don't think withholding how it works fully really necessarily is proscum, its more about how you wanna play it

This sounds like Kokabiel was using it to fish for the government agent, which seems like the intended use of the role
And then repeatedly countering all points against her.

It made it feel like you joined the thread already motivated to see if she could be saved.

But okay.

I am down to take stock tomorrow after seeing Koka's flip, because I feel like that will give us more info on who would or would not be willing to try to save the slot.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:37 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

I suppose I can't argue with the way it came off to you and the way my read lined up with Frogs. I'm down to see what happens now
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:39 pm

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

I'm also down to vote Koka today. I think that's who i'm voting rn
Phone posting. Low effort, big fun.
"In my heart, Johnny will always be scum" - Not_Mafia
N.Y. M
N.Y. M
They
Townie
N.Y. M
They
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: They

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:05 pm

Post by N.Y. M »

I just finished modding a game with Tweetie!scum and she sounds very different here. If Tweetie/Frogs is 3p why are they defending Koka? if they believe Koka to be scum? Why does 3p!Tweetie/Frogs do that?

Why did Roden send the message to Frogs as opposed to someone he tr who didn’t sr him? I trust Luke but I honestly don’t know what to make of any of this.

Furthermore, why does 3p!Frogs replace out to save groupscum!Koka?

None of this is making any sense at all to me.

What am I not getting?

~Nancy
Nancy/Yume/Mastina hydra
RH
RH
he/him
Goon
RH
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:26 pm

Post by RH »

In post 877, Scarfmanship wrote:how long do we have until DL? Is it unfrozen now that i replaced in?
Oops. I forgot to unfreeze it. The day should end in (expired on 2022-11-18 07:50:00). (I'm adding a few minutes to ensure that I'll be online when Day ends to process things.)
RH
RH
he/him
Goon
RH
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:37 pm

Post by RH »

Day 1 Count X

Notes
  • My mod ISO is here.
  • If I missed any V/LAs, let me know.
  • With 14 remaining, it takes 8 to form a majority.
The
Day
concludes in (expired on 2022-11-18 07:50:00).

Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:40 pm

Post by Roden »

My logic with sending it to Frog is that if he's town, he can see the mod-confirmed alignment reveal with his own eyes and be able to discern from there whether or not he can trust it. Alignment reveals by their very nature cannot be misleading without being an outright lie, so his Informed mech info wouldn't contradict that. I don't think that sending it to Bombay or any other of my town reads would convince town!Frog of anything, because Frog could still just claim my town reveal is fake or misleading or whatever he wants to claim since he locked in his scum read on me. No matter who I targeted, if they confirmed my alignment reveal then I believed Frog would always just accuse them of either being fooled or just being my scum buddy; we already saw him call Bombay bad for believing/defending me and basically threatened to scum read them if they kept doing so.

Like, is there anyone in this game that Frog
wouldn't
call a fool or a liar if they claimed to have received my alignment reveal? The only one of my town reads that he trusted was Furtive, but I feel like it would still just play out the same way, and besides that I think it would look really weird to send a FN message to a Miller claim.
Kokabiel
Kokabiel
Townie
Kokabiel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:03 pm

Post by Kokabiel »

In post 455, Kokabiel wrote:Yeah this is no good. I can't clear myself and i think Passenger is town, so that's 2 miselims.
I suppose it's time to come out with my modifier.
When i get modconfirmed the government receives a notification that the delegation will find out their identity during the next night phase(N2 in this case) unless i get killed.
I didn't say anything so i could watch the votes on me and their reasonings and Catguin looked like he had an eureka moment right after i got Modconfirmed. And AFTER that he asked what the hell a moonlight dancer is.
In post 284, Kokabiel wrote:It's a Moonlight dancer with an additional on-death trigger, and no it's sadly not a vengeful.
I claimed and gave out my reads so there is no info you can get from me apart from the flip. So y'all useless lazy town without any reads better start working. 4 Days remaining, you can always come back to finish the job.
I just feel the need to clarify so it doesnt get taken out of context.
3p gets outed on n2 meaning they have d1 n1 and d2 to kill me. I was easily yeetable d1 so thats why i assumed they would just... Push me. Penguin broke character right after my reveal.
When i said its sadly not a vengeful, i meant it as "i want to kill one of you f-s so badly but i cant so dont worry cuz its nothing bad.

And the botched claim thingy. Roden just lied? I mean im pretty certain mod gave scum fake claims so you wouldnt be able to catch me cuz of botched claim.
Roden claimed after me and just changed the role name to make it look like i lied because even i have to admit my role name and ability is weird
Kokabiel
Kokabiel
Townie
Kokabiel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:12 pm

Post by Kokabiel »

In post 414, RH wrote:
In post 385, N.Y. M wrote:@mod what does this mean exactly?
Advocate is a flavoured term for Moonlight Dancer.
A moonlight dancer reveals as a moonlight dancer, so an advocate reveals as an advocate.
Cant believe i didnt see such an obvious thing till now

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”