demona
absinthe
Tempest
Chara

DEAD
Spoiler:

EVENTS
Spoiler:
Last edited by Ydrasse on Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:44 am, edited 10 times in total.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:08 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

RULESET

Lifted from Plotinus (and Hectic), edited by Ydrasse

• GENERAL RULES:

• Please follow all site rules.
  • Any and all Private Topics will be open at all times, unless otherwise stated.
  • Ydrasse and RH are the game moderators for this game.
  • If you would like a notes PT, please PM the game moderators and we shall create one.
  • Please PM the game moderators if you have questions, see important errors, and the like.
  • Ask for a deadline extension when necessary; it may or may not be granted.
  • Please inform us of any V/LA via PM or through the thread in a bolded message addressed to the game moderators.
  • This ruleset may be edited at will when necessary.
  • A contentless "bah" post is allowed.
  • Play to win, and play to have fun!

DAY PHASE RULES:

• Day One lasts for five days. Night One lasts for one day. Day Two lasts for ten days.
  • Please format your votes as VOTE: Player or
    Vote: Player
    . We would highly appreciate the former. Abbreviations are acceptable, so long as the players in reference are obvious. If we think it counts as a vote, we'll count it.
  • Please post at least once every 48 hours. If you fail to do so, you will be prodded. If you fail to respond to said prod within 24 hours, you will be replaced.
  • If you get three or more prods, or fail to respond to a prod by posting in thread within 24 hours (or by PM if at Night), we will begin seeking a replacement (this means the third prod functions like a notice that you are racing the search for your replacement.)

CAPITAL OFFENSES:

• Behave nicely with others. Don't get toxic, don't do personal attacks, keep it a fun time for everyone. If people ask you to tone it down, you should do so. If you don't comply, we'll ask you to tone it down. If you don't stop, you may find yourself force-replaced.
  • Do not speak about ongoing games. Do not speak with one another about this game save for the threads we have created for it.
  • Do not quote your role PM or private communication (real or fabricated) with the moderators, backup players, PTs, or anything of that sort. Paraphrasing your role PM is acceptable.
  • Please make all text readable.
  • No invisible posts, no codes, no cryptography.
  • Do not edit your posts if you have the ability to do so.
  • If any of these rules are egregiously broken, I reserve the right to force-replace you or, with Listmod permission, modkill you.
Last edited by Ydrasse on Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:17 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

Setup & Mechanics

The setup is Guardians of the Fortress
  • The role distribution is 6x
    Nutcracker Soldiers
    and 3x
    Minions of Summer
    , representing the town and mafia factions respectively. Minions of Summer are known to each other and have daytalk.
  • The game has three phases. In order, they are Day 1, Night 1, and Day 2.
  • On Day 1, there is no elimination. Instead, at any time a player may sign up for assignment to the Gumdrop Gate, the Wafer Wall, or the Krampus Keep by voting for that location (eg. VOTE: Gumdrop Gate). A player is assigned to exactly one location, and players may not change their assignment once chosen. Any location that receives three players, the maximum, will be considered filled and no longer eligible for player assignment.
  • Day 1 ends when two locations are filled, and any remaining players will be assigned to the unfilled location automatically.
  • If all 3 Minions of Summer are assigned to the same location Day 1, the game ends in a Nutcracker Soldier victory.
  • On Night 1, the Minions of Summer must select two players to swap location assignments. There must be exactly 1 Minion of Summer in each location by the start of Day 2.
  • Day 2 is played as 3 concurrent minigames at each location, although all nine players will share the game thread and submit their respective minigame votes there. Players are free to weigh in on other minigames as they see fit.
  • Each minigame uses the following rules:
    • At the
      Gate
      , one Nutcracker Soldier player is chosen by the Minions of Summer overnight to be publicly confirmed as a Nutcracker Soldier. The Nutcracker Soldiers must vote to eliminate the Minion of Summer to win.
    • At the
      Wall
      , there are no special rules. Nutcracker Soldiers must vote to eliminate the Minions of Summer to win.
    • At the
      Keep
      , Nutcracker Soldiers must vote on one player. If that player is a Nutcracker Soldier, the Nutcracker Soldiers win; otherwise, the Minions of Summer win.
  • A minigame is immediately resolved, and the outcome made public, once a decisive result is reached. Players in a completed minigame may no longer post in any gamethread once they are publicly flipped and the minigame's result posted.
    • There exists an important exception to the above: The player chosen by the Minions of Summer to be publicly revealed as a Nutcracker Soldier may continue to post after the resolution of their minigame at the Gate.
  • These minigames are best 2 out of 3, and the game will end when a single faction has won exactly two of the minigames.
Additionally, deadline requirements must be kept. Any failure to act by a faction will result in an immediate loss. Resolutions of unassigned players, unresolved night actions, and unresolved minigames are as follows:
  • A passed Day 1 deadline results in a Minions of Summer victory if
    any
    Nutcracker Soldier remains unassigned, and a Nutcracker Soldier victory if
    only
    Minions of Summer remain unassigned. Note that automatically resolved assignments do not trigger this condition.
  • A passed Night 1 deadline without submission of the required Minions of Summer night actions results in a Nutcracker Soldier victory.
  • A passed Day 2 deadline results in a Minions of Summer victory.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:21 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

Sample Mafia PM

"For the Summer King!"

You are a
Minion of Summer
, tasked with toppling the Winter Court. You may speak with your fellow invaders at any point during the game here.

• You have the basic ability to vote.
• During Night 1, the Minions of Summer must select two players to swap locations. There must be exactly one Minion of Summer at each location at the start of Day Two.
• During Night 1, the Minions of Summer must select one final player within the Gumdrop Gate to be confirmed as town.

The Minions of Summer win if they control exactly two of the Gumdrop Gate, Krampus Keep and the Wafer Wall.
[/size]

Sample Town PM

"For the Winter Queen!"

You are a
Nutcracker Solider
, tasked with defending the Winter Court.

• You have the basic ability to vote.

The Nutcracker Soldiers win if they control exactly two of the Gumdrop Gate, Krampus Keep and the Wafer Wall.
Additionally, the Nutcracker Soldiers may win if all Minions of Summer are assigned to the same location Day One.
[/size]
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:32 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

All role PMs have now been sent. The game will begin on December 15th, 7 EST assuming everyone responds to their PM.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:59 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

Two nutcracker soldiers sat together atop a high tower, shining with icicles pointed down towards the walkways below. Their menacing jaws chattered away as they kept watch towards the south -- but no sound came from them. It was a nutcracker soldier's natural instinct, after all, to clamp down even without anything between their false teeth.

"It's been quiet today," one said after a long while of clacking, the sound whistling through his wooden body. They were hollow things, bouncing out from his body. "But I can't complain about it. Or the heat. We haven't had any of it since the last battle."

The other soldier turned to face his partner, body clicking as he shifted. "And it damn better stay that way. You know, it's one thing to try and get us to go over there with all their stories about beaches and waves, but trying to burn us all down when we say no? Lunatics, they are. Everyone knows that winter's the best time of year. You can go sledding, skiing, bundle up with your ladies. And you can even swim, if you're not too afraid of the cold!"

The first nutcracker chuckled, looking at his jointed arms. "Not our faults that they're not made of the right stuff. Maybe if they asked their king to carve 'em out new bodies, it wouldn't be an issue!"

Their small, pointless jabs at nothing amused both soldiers. Their laughs bounced off of the high tower and down the dark stone walls, an awful clicking noise that overwhelmed any other noise. But it wasn't the silence that followed that caught the attention of one nutcracker. It was the dark plume that overtook the sun and clouds.

"A day time invasion, damn them!" he cried. "And with a fire that big... do they mean to burn down our lands and pillage the wreckage! Quick, ring the bell. Man every station with soldiers!"
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:00 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

VOTE COUNT 1.0
[9]
Not voting
: Faker, skitter30, catboi, Isis, Coral, demona, absinthe, Tempest, Chara

[0] Gumdrop Gate:
[0] Wafer Wall:
[0] Krampus Keep

Day one ends in (expired on 2022-12-20 19:59:56).

MOD NOTES• faker replaces prism.

• have fun![/size]
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:03 pm

Post by skitter30 »

Hello hello to all!
This pl is ridiculously awsome

@ydra vla on fridays, saturdays, etc
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:03 pm

Post by Coral »

Hi everyone!! Very excited to play with you all :)

A couple quick thoughts on this setup. These are just my own assessments. I would of course love to discuss if anyone disagrees, I know a majority of you have played in previous runs.

1) On day 1, it is extremely beneficial to scum to be among the first to lock in their locations. Any early votes should be put under intense pressure and scrutiny.

2) On day 2, I think it also benefits scum a lot if there is an open consensus about the order of resolving the locations. It allows them to plan ahead, plant associatives, and be prepared for what's coming. I suggest being flexible.
demona
demona
it she idk
Goon
demona
it she idk
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: it she idk

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:04 pm

Post by demona »

In post 7, skitter30 wrote:This pl is ridiculously awsome
kinda feel like i have been fanvoted into the allstar game or something but here i am

hello friends new friends and ydrasse <3
his unkindness may defeat my life but never taint my love

even shadows must be true to their shade
demona
demona
it she idk
Goon
demona
it she idk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:05 pm

Post by demona »

In post 9, demona wrote:here i am

demona
demona
it she idk
Goon
demona
it she idk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:07 pm

Post by demona »

In post 8, Coral wrote:1) On day 1, it is extremely beneficial to scum to be among the first to lock in their locations. Any early votes should be put under intense pressure and scrutiny.
hm,

my first instinct here is to just lock in the keep

demona
demona
it she idk
Goon
demona
it she idk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:08 pm

Post by demona »

do you think

there is great value

in turning the wall into a second gate?

Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:10 pm

Post by Coral »

In post 12, demona wrote:do you think

there is great value

What do you mean by that? put a top consensus townread there?
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:10 pm

Post by absinthe »

greetings

gentlebeings!

Several players already know this is a fferyllt alt. Now everyone does.

I played in the first Guardians game and haven’t paid much attention to the iterations since then.

Preference order the same as before: Keep, Gate, Wall, but aren’t as strong this time. Some of ya’ll I’m not sure I can spot as scum, and some are new to me.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:12 pm

Post by catboi »

ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ:・゚ KAWAII WAVE!!:„ø¤º°¨ ¨°º¤KEEP THE KAWAII GOING ¸„ø¤º°¨ ¨°º¤øº LETS GO KAWAII !¤¤º°¨¨°º¤øº¤ø„¸¸ø¤º°¨„ ø¤º°¨¨°ºL-E-T-S GO!„ø¤º°¨ ¨°º¤LET'S GO KAWAII !¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤øºL-E-T-S GO!¤¤º°¨ ¨°¤øº¤ø„¸¸ø¤º°¨LET'S GO KAWAII :„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤KEEP THE WAVE GOING •ᴥ•¸„ø¤º

VOTE: Prism
demona
demona
it she idk
Goon
demona
it she idk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:13 pm

Post by demona »

In post 13, Coral wrote:

there is great value

i feel like

the benefit to me locking in keep would be to force the mafia to move me or concede the keep

whereas the main benefit to me locking in the wall would be turning the wall into a second gate

so i was wondering if you thought there was great value in that since it seems you've been thinking about the setup et cetera

catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:13 pm

Post by catboi »

that doesn't really work in gamse without RVS but I am too beholden to that opener to change it
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:16 pm

Post by Isis »

VOTE: Prism I can't resist kawaii wave I love it every time
Pedit: well now the fun is sullied
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:17 pm

Post by Faker »

In post 15, catboi wrote:ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ:・゚ KAWAII WAVE!!:„ø¤º°¨ ¨°º¤KEEP THE KAWAII GOING ¸„ø¤º°¨ ¨°º¤øº LETS GO KAWAII !¤¤º°¨¨°º¤øº¤ø„¸¸ø¤º°¨„ ø¤º°¨¨°ºL-E-T-S GO!„ø¤º°¨ ¨°º¤LET'S GO KAWAII !¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤øºL-E-T-S GO!¤¤º°¨ ¨°¤øº¤ø„¸¸ø¤º°¨LET'S GO KAWAII :„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤KEEP THE WAVE GOING •ᴥ•¸„ø¤º

VOTE: Prism
I'm going to stab you :^)
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:18 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 8, Coral wrote:Hi everyone!! Very excited to play with you all :)

A couple quick thoughts on this setup. These are just my own assessments. I would of course love to discuss if anyone disagrees, I know a majority of you have played in previous runs.

1) On day 1, it is extremely beneficial to scum to be among the first to lock in their locations. Any early votes should be put under intense pressure and scrutiny.

2) On day 2, I think it also benefits scum a lot if there is an open consensus about the order of resolving the locations. It allows them to plan ahead, plant associatives, and be prepared for what's coming. I suggest being flexible.
I agree with most of this. In the first iteration we were trying to feel out the best approach, and scum won that one handily. :/

Day 2, the Gate player that scum mod confirmed as town can be a sort of rallying point. We had a solve order planned, but didn't stick with it, mostly due to impatience and dithering. The dithering was my fault.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:18 pm

Post by Chara »

hello everyone! it's Prism's fault i'm here.

the only thoughts i currently have about the setup is that we get no flips until the first location resolves on day 2, meaning almost every important decision is made before getting any concrete feedback.
i'm not sure how much information we get from the night 1 swapping of players.

pedit: hi demona, what do you mean by 'the benefit to me locking in keep would be to force the mafia to move me or concede the keep'. do you mean you personally can hold the Keep (ie get yourself as a locktown read/find town) or something else?
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
demona
demona
it she idk
Goon
demona
it she idk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:21 pm

Post by demona »

In post 21, Chara wrote:pedit: hi demona, what do you mean by 'the benefit to me locking in keep would be to force the mafia to move me or concede the keep'. do you mean you personally can hold the Keep (ie get yourself as a locktown read/find town) or something else?
hi chara!

yeah most of playerlist familiar with me so yeah don't need to find town at the keep if the town finds me

Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:21 pm

Post by Isis »

I think chemistry between people will matter more for games than like "put a consensus townread in game x" because townreads can be wrong if you get them all right you win anyway. Maybe picking scummy players for certain games kind of like gerrymanders your EV though? Maybe that's more impactful.

It seems like a nontrivial setup, brainwrinkler. Which can make me worried about dayplay health.

Coral should just solve the strat and then we should play mafia
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:22 pm

Post by Coral »

In post 16, demona wrote:
In post 13, Coral wrote:

there is great value

i feel like

the benefit to me locking in keep would be to force the mafia to move me or concede the keep

whereas the main benefit to me locking in the wall would be turning the wall into a second gate

so i was wondering if you thought there was great value in that since it seems you've been thinking about the setup et cetera
It seems like there's an implied assumption here that you are or will be obvtown, is that what you're saying? What makes you special in that regard over anyone else, I guess is what I'm asking.

Return to “Completed Open Games”