Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2275 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:41 am

Post by Coral »

It's hard for me to force my brain to assess that preflip though because it's a bit of stretch even to ask it to see catboi town. The playstyle shifts from relaxed passive observer, to openly having no scumreads, to very aggressively having one scumread and wanting to end the minigame soon, to cooperatively taking his time and dragging things out, just don't feel like a natural town approach to me at all.
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2276 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:55 am

Post by Coral »

Same goes for being completely uninterested in playing the minigame in the way that should be optimal from his town perspective. Accepting being the voter (while originally saying he wanted to vote in a day or so, and then not doing so for a week) seems more likely to come from scum being performative.

The complete lack of support for his Faker scumread (and aggressive unwillingness to support it) also makes it seem like that was a read that came out of necessity of feeling he needed to push back with equal aggression than it did out of a natural read.

All of this might not matter much if he does actually follow through on voting soon, but I want it said in case Gate resolves first and then he ends up delaying further.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her, they/them

Post Post #2277 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:59 pm

Post by Aisa »

Lurking it out for a night is looking more attractive than ever, but I promised content some hours ago. Clearly I wasn't thinking straight :]

If I had to guess I'd say that catboi is the scum in the Keep? I'm going to double down on town!Math, I've just taken another look at his interaction with skitter and I don't see it as scummy. He just seems convinced of his idea, which is to insist he'll vote for himself. I don't get the sense he is trying to be misleading.
In post 2134, skitter30 wrote:You're making a lot of vague statements abt rhe gamestate with little conclusion and i don't feel like you're trying to solve or sort our minigame tbh
Huh, I thought catboi said something similar about Math at some point, but I wasn't able to find the post again.

I don't feel like this accusation takes into account Math's stated approach. If Math is Town then his approach here is: 1. vote for himself, 2. never vote for anyone else, 3. hope someone else votes him. In this case, he's not trying to solve the minigame the Keep because that's not required by his approach.

It's also interesting to me that Math goes through this (rough) progression:
A) wanting to vote for himself because he doesn't feel he can solve the Keep and/or it's optimal play from his POV,
B) saying he can be more useful trying to solve other games
C) saying the Keep is out of his control because he may not get voted

Admittedly, I found the shift between A-B-C a bit disorienting while I was catching up, and sometimes I worried that the shift made Math scum. But if you read the points, they're actually not strictly in contradiction with one another? I guess there's some tension between A and C, but the shift to C is recent, and is consistent with my theory that Town!Math tried to engage with skitter but felt he wasn't getting anywhere.

Speaking of Town, I'm also going to double down on Town!Coral.

Still no read on Isis or Chara, sorry, that ain't happening tonight.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2278 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:02 pm

Post by Aisa »

In post 2263, MathBlade wrote:
In post 2261, Coral wrote:In either a town or scum Math world, catboi following through and voting skitter (when skitter is here and active and able to self-hammer) is probably a loss. He's not doing much to prevent that from happening but I guess there isn't much he can do at this point.

If catboi is scum, the vote would be placed in the hopes that Math recognizes this and panics and votes catboi, thinking that catboi is town for being the one to vote.
Pretty much this.

If Skitter is town like you said she likely doesn’t vote me no matter what I do.
If Catboi is town votes me then we win.

If Skitter is scum she never votes me anyway.

Like the game is outside of my control so I would prefer to solve in the last game of Chara and Aria.

I don’t feel Isis scum makes these strategic plays

I know you said a ton of wordy words in response and I haven’t read it

But I focus on what I can possibly control versus what I can’t.
Although this seems to gloss over the possibility of catboi being Town. If catboi is Town then he's not inclined to vote you, so I don't actually completely understand the approach here
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2279 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:05 pm

Post by Aisa »

In post 2264, Coral wrote:Whether Keep or Gate is resolving first, my opinion is that it makes sense for Keep to have a hard deadline of resolving before skitter's v/la begins tomorrow, especially if she is the one who is being voted. I think having one member of the minigame absent from thread for a long period of time can create some tricky potential scenarios that are probably best avoided.

And waiting until after seems like too long, because if the game isn't over after Keep and Gate, there's a lot to reassess and dig through for the remaining town in the Wall + Tempest :shifty:
And oh, if skitter has V/LA from tomorrow then it does seem like a good idea to resolve before the V/LA. I guess there's a world where skitter is the scum where what matters is getting one of Math and catboi to find the other, but I have no clue for how one would begin to do that soo
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2280 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:16 pm

Post by skitter30 »

from my pov, if catboi actually votes me, that confs math as scum

in that universe, i feel p good calling coral town: in that big writeup she did assessing the faker/absinthe associatives, she came out with the conclusion that the two of them did not look aligned.

if faker is scum here, that's a wild conclusion from scum-her pov since mechanically she needs to argue that ffery is scum, and that post kinda ruins that argument if math-scum flips first. this looks very uninformed to me

at the wall honestly i don't know, i'm leaning towards scum-isis but can't really substantiate that fully, i'm hoping that the game just is over before then

scum-math making that post about how weird it is that nobody is commenting on his read of chara and then making that ~thing~ of it is quite weird if he's scum wiht it, so that looks unaligned to me as well
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2281 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:16 pm

Post by skitter30 »

we should probably resolve keep before tom afternoon, yeah tbh
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2282 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:31 pm

Post by skitter30 »

i want to try to squeeze in prism/math associatives with isis and demona-slot tonight but realistically i'm not sure i have time for that - the above reads is where i'm at rn
Show
Hiatus once more.

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2283 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:41 pm

Post by MathBlade »

I like have no spoons atm.

I see words. Is there a simple direct question?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2284 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2022 2:20 pm

Post by skitter30 »

there's like no meaningful faker -> isis associatives
i'm not sure what to make of that
Show
Hiatus once more.

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2285 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2022 2:23 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Is that a question or?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2286 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:12 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 484, demona wrote:VOTE: wafer wall
In post 485, Faker wrote:?????????????

shiki what the duck
on review of when demona took wall, i don't think prism look so aligned with her - it iddn't seem like she expected demona to go there just then
Show
Hiatus once more.

Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2287 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:21 pm

Post by Tempest »

In post 2276, Coral wrote:Same goes for being completely uninterested in playing the minigame in the way that should be optimal from his town perspective. Accepting being the voter (while originally saying he wanted to vote in a day or so, and then not doing so for a week) seems more likely to come from scum being performative.

The complete lack of support for his Faker scumread (and aggressive unwillingness to support it) also makes it seem like that was a read that came out of necessity of feeling he needed to push back with equal aggression than it did out of a natural read.

All of this might not matter much if he does actually follow through on voting soon, but I want it said in case Gate resolves first and then he ends up delaying further.
Yeah this is problematic.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2288 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:36 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 2276, Coral wrote:Same goes for being completely uninterested in playing the minigame in the way that should be optimal from his town perspective. Accepting being the voter (while originally saying he wanted to vote in a day or so, and then not doing so for a week) seems more likely to come from scum being performative.

yes there's no other reason i would delay voting, nothing at all that caused an interruption to my game
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2289 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:37 pm

Post by catboi »

just completely fucking insufferable
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2290 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:44 pm

Post by catboi »

anyway, I'm sorry if this is wrong. My passion for this game is dead. I can't dig into things the way I used to be able to. Playing as town is completely unenjoyable. The thought of attempting to reread this game is too painful for me to do so. I leave behind no conclusive statement on the Wall except an advisory that I think Chara is town, you can see somewhere in my ISO that I made a post with postnum links as to why I think so.

VOTE: skitter

Sorry for how this game went, I didn't want to play mafia. I got dragged in by a friend who I'm not sure is a friend anymore because of my actions this game. Hopefully one day I'll regain my spark for this game. If anyone wants to talk outside the game I have a Discord in my profile.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2291 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:46 pm

Post by catboi »

good luck town, you're probably going to need it.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2292 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:50 pm

Post by skitter30 »

<3 catboi

is anything else needed from me before i hammer this?
Show
Hiatus once more.

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2293 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:52 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Nah good luck y’all. I really hope one day you’ll both be able to read me.

I think I gave my reads.

I don’t think skitter scum will clarify as she’s on a gloat pass.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2294 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:53 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 2293, MathBlade wrote:Nah good luck y’all. I really hope one day you’ll both be able to read me.

I think I gave my reads.

i mean why is that your assumption rather than me being scum giving up
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2295 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:55 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2294, catboi wrote:
In post 2293, MathBlade wrote:Nah good luck y’all. I really hope one day you’ll both be able to read me.

I think I gave my reads.

i mean why is that your assumption rather than me being scum giving up
Because scum you doesn’t have to post.

But quite honestly I am just drained.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2296 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:56 pm

Post by skitter30 »

yes but it doesn't really matter at this point

i would do ffery-gate next
and if that doesn't win
well, g'luck to those in wall
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2297 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:59 pm

Post by skitter30 »

i'm gonna just wait a bit to make sure nobody needs anything else from the three of us before hammering, but will hammer before i go to sleep
Show
Hiatus once more.

Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2298 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2022 4:28 pm

Post by Coral »

In post 2289, catboi wrote:just completely fucking insufferable
Genuinely, I'm sorry if anything I said was hurtful or insensitive. I hate to upset anyone and that isn't my intent. I'm just trying to solve the game. I hope that I was wrong.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she

Post Post #2299 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2022 4:38 pm

Post by absinthe »

<3 catboi