Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2325 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2022 8:51 am

Post by Tempest »

Meh.

Ffery was a lot more active than I remembered on day one. Both ffery and coral interacted with prism a good deal, but I'm not sure how either of them would interact if partnered. While there were a couple small questions I had for Prism day one, I mostly towered Prism for their interaction with me and the off the cuff jovial nature of their posts day one. I'm not sure what to do with Prism's interactions and reads from day one, so I'm never minding that. There are some things in ffery's play that puts a dent in my suspicions of her, and I do have questions about her being moved to the keep. In a town ffery scenario, they would be betting on me keeping a read from day one, which would be an odd bet to make as there'd be no reason t think I'd actually keep that read once the stakes were placed. In a scum ffery scenario they had no choice.

I had a town read on Coral day one that I didn't expect to keep actually. Skitter telling me that I was reading that one interaction backwards and Prism kinda blowing off my question about that interaction have me thinking that perhaps I just liked that tone, and not gonna lie Math saying he thought Coral was me has me wondering if he was trying to plant a fake tell like Prism did at the start of day two. Upon doing partner analysis for ffery, Coral came down with a hard town read on faker that I think mostly stayed throughout day two when Math replaced in for the most part with a little hesitation near the end. Being wrong isn't a crime or scummy, but I do wonder how much influence she might have been trying to do.

Regardless, her day two is solid in terms of activity and solving. Can I see where she's plausibly scum? Sure, and perhaps I should spend more time analyzing her posts, but eh. On balance, Coral just seems interested in trying to solve the game and win, or at least appear to while ffery hasn't. I know inactivity doesn't necessarily mean scum, and real life issues and burnout also impede the ability to play and that has nothing to do with alignment, and if there were some posts that screamed town without the activity this might be different. On balance my day two is no different from hers. But if I listened to my doubts about ffery being scum, I think it comes down to me not wanting to miselim a friend and that's no way to play mafia.

So, I'm very sorry if you're town here ffery. I'm sorry if my misread or suspicion on you day one affected your enjoyment of the game. I'm not going to beat myself up about it if you're town here though because I do truly believe that if you're town and real life hadn't impeded your ability to play the game that I'd get it right.

If I'm wrong - sorry ffery and town, good game Coral, and man I had shit reads this game.

VOTE: absinthe
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2326 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2022 8:52 am

Post by Tempest »

Making that vote feels bad.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2327 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:35 am

Post by Ydrasse »

[2]
absinthe:
Coral,
Tempest

[0]
Coral:
absinthe

[0]
Not voting:

WAFER WALL
[0]
Aisa:

[0]
Isis:

[0]
Chara:

[3]
Not voting:
Aisa, Isis, Chara

KRAMPUS KEEP
The Nutcracker Soldiers control Krampus Keep!

MOD NOTES
• The score is 1-0 in favor of the
Nutcracker Soldiers

• The day will end in (expired on 2023-01-02 09:19:18)

• have fun!

• v/la: none.

free candy cane
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #2328 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:41 am

Post by Ydrasse »

As they discussed among themselves, the nutcracker soldiers heard a strange noise in the distance. The plumes of smoke that engulfed the edges of their lands began to thin with the noise: the awful sizzle and silence of drowned coals.

"The Gumdrop Gate?" one asked, turning to face it. "Why, I haven't heard that sound since the last battle that we won, and what an awful thing it is."

"That means they must have seized it! The captain's orders are always victorious, after all."

The second nutcracker soldier looked at the third while his companion looked off towards the distance. When he noticed his hands for the first time, previously covered in frost, he made a clicking noise.

"I say, is that charring at the edges of your fingers? You never said anything about fighting, did you?" he asked, voice suspicious.

"Well, there was a great confusion, and getting here... it was a battle," he replied, though he sounded unsure.

"No, for if there was a battle any great nutcracker solider would have stayed to fight it!" the first soldier cried, pointing his frosty gun towards the third. "You must have set the fires too, traitor! You let them burn a way into our kingdom!"

"Get him!"

Tempest and Coral were aligned with the
Nutcracker Soldiers
absinthe was aligned with the
Minions of Summer
The Nutcracker Soldiers earn one point.
[/size]
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #2329 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:43 am

Post by Ydrasse »

As the
Nutcracker Soldiers
control two areas, they have now fulfilled a win condition.

Isis, a
Minion of Summer
, is endgamed at the Wafer Wall.

Congratulations to the town for winning Open 869!
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #2330 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:44 am

Post by Ydrasse »

links here later ~

--

congratulations to the town for winning, well played scum, and thank you to my replacements!
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2331 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:47 am

Post by Tempest »

whew!

Yay! It was great playing with all of you.

Nice to see that my day one reads weren't absolutely shit! Sorry for misreading you day one though Skitter!
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2332 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:48 am

Post by MathBlade »

Sorry to my scumteam I am usually loads better.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2333 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:48 am

Post by Tempest »

and day two actually. That was just a bad read all around on my part skitter.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2334 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:49 am

Post by MathBlade »

Gg all well played
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she

Post Post #2335 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:50 am

Post by absinthe »

gg all.

I wish I'd had the time and spoons to give town a good, well-fought win this time.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2336 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:51 am

Post by Tempest »

And that conversation that I got fixated on thinking it meant something was between three town lol. So it was nothing.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2337 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:58 am

Post by Faker »

First, congratulations to the town for winning so cleanly. While I didn't keep close track, from what I saw you all played well, and Day 1 was generally very sharp. It was mostly fun while I was here.

Second, I want to apologize to everyone for leaving my own invitational. I realize how shitty that was, and while I didn't take it lightly, I know that there's really no making that up, especially for some of you (Tammy, ffery, Chara) who would not have played had I not dragged you into it. I hope you all managed to enjoy the game regardless. I also want to apologize to Isis and ffery for leaving you alone, and I know you were counting on me in several different respects, all of which I let you down in. While I touch on it in my notes, I especially did not utilize fferyllt or her strengths correctly, either in my rote dayplay or in my role as the (reluctant) strategist and that was a massive and completely avoidable error.

Third, thank you to MathBlade for serving as a passionate and engaged replacement, especially for a slot that was essentially doomed on my replace-out. Thank you to Ydrasse for running this game on my request, and I'm sorry for all of the headache I caused you.

Fourth, some strategic notes. These are essentially just going to be copy-pasted from my discussion with cat after Keep flipped, but I'm happy to answer any questions if they exist.

Spoiler: Misc. strategic notes/game commentary
iirc last time I checked you had keyed in on me/absinthe, which was obviously correct and pretty straightforward. Nothing too elaborate there, know the rest of the table will not catch it and just depends on me keeping the Keep under control until flips
#1 strategic error of the game was not properly utilizing fferyllt, who I expected to be able to deftly navigate that [Day 1 push on her] and towntell through it to Tempest
and instead it appeared that she had no idea how to handle it and it might have demotivated her entirely
Setting her up to succeed more directly with a fake townsolving schema probably would have been more effective
Night phase my totally scientific intutition had it at 60-70% chance of winning the Keep, 40% chance of Gate, 40% Wall
Turnaround [by cat on my slot] was expected [on daystart], just have to at that point, instavoting me or blindly trusting me there would have always been completely stupid
I didn't really have a solid plan for dealing with it other than just seeing what happened
and setting up the chance of winning other games/flipping other games first provided for a hedge
I think #1 strategic error was not correctly using ffery, but #2 would have been that I should have just bit the bullet and gone to Gate or Wall
I had a lot more confidence in my ability to deal with the reads of Skitter, Coral, you, etc than I did shiki or Chara
I don't think that is wrong, but it was certainly better for our win % to just accept that things would not really make sense or be clearly foreseeable for me and just take the bad matchup
The swap/clear that happened was essentially the goal since shiki locked Wall, but I did toy with the idea of Coral/absinthe swap and skitter/Faker swaps, which might have been more interesting.
I went against those because I think Coral walking into a game with me as scum would be questionable given Eurybia, and if I did lose I would have much rather taken down 2 players who do very well in 1v1 scenarios. Coral is still too rough and doesn't know how to play them, ie. Eurybia
(Angle I took in Keep is that absinthe/skitter as S/S might be +EV across both games-absinthe gets to go vs. Tammy instead of vs. me, skitter might not think it explicitly winning but she still has good chances, esp. after D1)
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2338 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:58 am

Post by Faker »

Oh, and no redactions in the scum PT from me.
demona
demona
it she idk
Goon
demona
it she idk
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: it she idk

Post Post #2339 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2022 10:11 am

Post by demona »

his unkindness may defeat my life but never taint my love

even shadows must be true to their shade
demona
demona
it she idk
Goon
demona
it she idk
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: it she idk

Post Post #2340 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2022 10:12 am

Post by demona »

thankyou again for moderating
his unkindness may defeat my life but never taint my love

even shadows must be true to their shade
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2341 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2022 10:12 am

Post by Tempest »

oh yeah thanks for moderating!
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2342 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2022 10:33 am

Post by MathBlade »

Oh yeah definite thanks for moderating!
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her, they/them

Post Post #2343 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2022 10:39 am

Post by Aisa »

GG, thanks for the carry :D
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2344 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2022 10:51 am

Post by Coral »

Thanks for modding, Ydra! I quite enjoyed day 1.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2345 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2022 11:01 am

Post by MathBlade »

Btw that thinking Coral was Tammy was legit.

The scum PT said Tammy was in the game and all the prior games I played in Tammy was active and take charge like Coral was. I still honestly have no idea who Coral is. You not letting me do my usual stuff was super well done Coral.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2346 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2022 11:36 am

Post by skitter30 »

Thanks for modding!
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #2347 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2022 2:02 pm

Post by Isis »

Gg
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #2348 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2022 2:30 pm

Post by Chara »

thanks for modding Ydrasse. loved your flavour.

i guess my reads weren't as terrible as i thought. that's something. definitely would have ended up miselimming Aisa if we hadn't gotten the win at Keep and Gate.

was fun to play with you all day 1.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2349 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2022 4:05 pm

Post by catboi »

GG all

Sorry again for being a bit limp this game, heart wasn't really in it, luckily I was able to get to the right outcome with a little help pointing me there. In my haste to leave I forgot to properly case absinthe, had assumed it was a guaranteed vote but people have flipped for lesser things before, glad tammy held true.

thanks to ydrasse for hosting~

Return to “Completed Open Games”