Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4275 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:51 am

Post by Malakittens »

In post 4270, Aisa wrote: It was really funny, at one point you managed to push almost exactly none of your scumpartners and were still one of the top 1-2 most townread slots in the game
yeah

idk how i got townread for as long as i did.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her, they/them

Post Post #4276 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:52 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 4273, Malakittens wrote: Sorry I overstepped in re: frog
It's fine, was not a big deal.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #4277 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:53 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4273, Malakittens wrote: gj everyone all around.

Huge shout out to the mods for the awesome modding!

Sorry I overstepped in re: frog, but it needed to be said for him to stop.

As for RR:

Nice job on catching me and seeing right through me. If anyone followed you through I would have been in deepshit.

enchant

i'm sorry i vigged you. I was about ready to do it to Gimli and should have stuck with that.
Had you shot Gimli, I might have possibly considered voting you and might have voted you > Bella but I just couldn’t see why scum shoots Enchant who was nowhere near remotely obvtown.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4278 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:54 am

Post by Enchant »

lol i literally quickhammered with elements
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4279 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:55 am

Post by Malakittens »

tbh i really wasnt paying attention, but i was scared i was gonna be fucked by you pressing for the officer name

so i got scared and shot u
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.

Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #4280 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:57 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4278, Enchant wrote: lol i literally quickhammered with elements
Well yeah, that’s why I thought Mala had to be town but of course Gimli actually was, so she wouldn’t have been clear in that case.

I also thought Bella was trying to manipulate me. :facepalm:
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4281 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:00 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 4279, Malakittens wrote: tbh i really wasnt paying attention, but i was scared i was gonna be fucked by you pressing for the officer name

so i got scared and shot u
I didn't press officer name exactly to not out you.

Well. Hardly though.
Wizard-Mercenary

Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4282 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:03 am

Post by Aisa »

Mala is very chill and says I can share this gem with the world. Thanks, and please don't stress too much, it was definitely an understandable mistake lol:
Malakittens wrote: Poison: enchant

Byefeliciaaaaaaaaaaaaa he’s gonna get me killed so i;ll kill him too
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #4283 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:07 am

Post by Radical Rat »

I mean, I wouldn't even really call it a mistake when it basically won you the game
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #4284 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:09 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4283, Radical Rat wrote: I mean, I wouldn't even really call it a mistake when it basically won you the game
+1
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4285 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:15 am

Post by Enchant »

Please don't kill Enchants.
Wizard-Mercenary

furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4286 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:18 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Some co-mod thoughts:

Congratulations to Mutineers, commiserations to Crew. I was surprised that Elements wasn't voted out sooner after being seen visiting Killing Joke (after they publicly claimed PR at the end of D1!), and I was sort of assuming that Elements would claim a guilty on KJ or something, but their idea of a Vanilla Parity Cop was very creative and managed to keep them alive for ages! Malakittens choosing to poison Enchant was hilarious, and it gave the Crew a bit of help when they needed it most. Also, the amount of times that Malakittens was asked her flavour name and just ignored it...! It's a compliment to Enchant that they were so townread by the Crew and Malakittens alike. Lastly, Flea played a really steady game and ended up being townread by nearly everyone. It's impressive to win with a delayed kill and only 3 Mutineers who can use it. :cool:

There were moments when some Crew started to find each other in the midgame, and my heart goes out to those that were so clearly invested in the game, in particular Eiralox and Gimli. Radical Rat had the entire game solved in a really impressive way, so congrats to them. It always hurts to lose but I hope it was fun trying to win :heart:

It was great to see everyone who got into the flavour of the game, especially HighPrincessErinys with its Tarot cards, and Eiralox and Radical Rat doing the pirate voice.

The review process for this game was lengthy but important - thanks to RH9 and NK15 for making sure everything worked.

Most importantly though, thanks to Aisa for making this game a reality and running it smoothly. There was a lot for us to do as mods this game, and I think Aisa did a great job when faced with difficult decisions. This setup started as a cobbled list of ideas in a PM (below), after Aisa volunteered to backup an Open which didn't fill. Our game was in signups for 2 weeks before it filled, so thanks to everyone who played or replaced in. It's a lot of fun modding.
Spoiler: PM
furtiveglance wrote: What I have so far is very loose. Just ideas. Tell me what you like and don't like, and any new ideas you have are obviously welcome. Basic overview, I'd be thinking at least half of Town are VT and about 3/4 of players are town.

Crew vs Mutineers, Power Roles = Officers

Mechanics:

The Black Spot: This would delay the factional nightkill until the end of the following day. The targeted player learns of their imminent demise at daystart via PM, but is alive until they die with the day elimination.

Captaincy: Town would have a Captain (all town know the Captain is town, but if the Captain dies, Mutineers win). Depending on numbers there could be a backup Captain (First Mate).

Officers (PR):

Lookout: Town investigative. Each night targets a player. The Lookout gets one of the following three results: 1) Your target either visited or was visited 2) Your target neither visited nor was visited 3) No result. So like a Motion Detector.

Boatswain (X-shot): Each night can choose to go on alert. If you are targeted for a nightkill, you instead kill the player who targeted you. I'm thinking 2 or 3 shots.

Captain: 1-shot Day Vigilante. Once per game, you can choose to kill a player of your choice during the day. This reveals your identity as Captain.

Ship's Parrot: Anonymously announces the names of all players who visited you at night, at the start of the following day. This would require a mod post.

Mutineers (Mafia):

Cook: Once per game, at night, you can choose to poison a player's meal. They die the following night. You do not know the other Mutineers.

Drunken Sailor: Each night, you may target a player and stop them from performing night actions.

Cabin Boy: Each night, check whether a member of the Crew is an Officer.

If you had fun this game, I'll invite you to join Korina's Weird Dreams Mafia, which I helped to review. It looks like great fun to play and I know Korina's worked really hard on it.

Thanks everyone! :heart:
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #4287 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:22 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

Boatswain (X-shot): Each night can choose to go on alert. If you are targeted for a nightkill, you instead kill the player who targeted you. I'm thinking 2 or 3 shots.
So did Bell misunderstand her role then? Because she thought she could redirect it to anyone of her choosing, so I’m very confused by this.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4288 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:24 am

Post by Radical Rat »

That isn't the version of the role that made it into the game

Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4289 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:44 am

Post by Bellaphant »

NGL that sounds MUCH MORE USEFUL!

@nancy, my pr in cosmos was super weird too.

Oh, can I ask about the mod error?
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4290 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:49 am

Post by Aisa »

The mod error was that I gave Enchant a result for
Gimli instead of for ActionDan
ActionDan instead of Gimli on N2.

The timing of the announcement in thread was super unfortunate because everyone was discussing who was black spotted and why ActionDan didn't claim immediately. I imagine a lot of people suspected that the Black Spot was the error.

Shoutout to T-Bone for being super helpful and telling me what to do really quickly when that happened.
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4291 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:59 am

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 4290, Aisa wrote: The mod error was that I gave Enchant a result for

The timing of the announcement in thread was super unfortunate because everyone was discussing who was black spotted and why ActionDan didn't claim immediately. I imagine a lot of people suspected that the Black Spot was the error.

Shoutout to T-Bone for being super helpful and telling me what to do really quickly when that happened.
Why did you announce the error at all? Acknowledging it to Enchant, and post-game, absolutely, but I think publicly announcing it immediately did more harm than good

Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #4292 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:13 am

Post by Flea The Magician »

Ive had a busy day, i have thoughts, gg all, making me sweat like that mala! I tried hinting at you xD
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4293 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:21 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 4291, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 4290, Aisa wrote: The mod error was that I gave Enchant a result for

Why did you announce the error at all? Acknowledging it to Enchant, and post-game, absolutely, but I think publicly announcing it immediately did more harm than good
I was acting on listmod direction, so never really stopped to consider the matter too deeply.

I agree with you, in this case not announcing the error would probably have been better. I could have done more to communicate this to T-Bone, though there's a question of how much demand to place on people's time and attention to get details like these exactly right.
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4294 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:25 am

Post by Radical Rat »

Fair enough. It wasn't a huge issue, aside from causing confusion with the spot, but that all got sorted out anyway

Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4295 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:13 am

Post by Aisa »

Someone beat me to the long post, huh? :P

Thanks, again, to everyone who took part in this game. It's rewarding to have run it to the end (imperfectly), and it's been fascinating to watch it all play out. I hope you found something to enjoy in the game.

I, too, have to thank my co-mod. furtive had the idea for the game, did most of the design, wrote most of the flavour, and was every bit as involved in the day-to-day modding. It was incredibly helpful to have someone to split the responsibilities of modding with and to bounce ideas off of. I really couldn't have asked for someone better to work with: thank you.

Thanks to RH9 and Not Known 15 for reviewing.

I agree the scumteam have claimed a well-deserved victory. All four were able to at earn at least temporary townreads from much of the town, and all four showed that they could reproduce or rise above their town meta. I think they also showed that they were willing to be adaptable, such as Elements with their claim or Enchant and Elements with their planned hammer. Mala and Flea kept up their performances for an impressive amount of time.

While the town struggled at points, there were also bright spots. RR's perfect mechanical solve stands out most clearly, but I'm sure there were plenty of other equally beneficial, but less flashy contributions. Some games are just tough.

Also, thanks everyone for your kind words.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4296 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:23 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 4242, Aisa wrote:
Links

Review thread: viewtopic.php?t=89990
Sign-ups thread: viewtopic.php?t=90226
Mod PT:
pending

Mutineer PT:
pending

Spec PT: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=90282

Killing Joke Hydra PT:
may or may not be released

Gamma Emerald PT:
may or may not be released
I've released some stuff. Mutineer PT and Mod PT to be released in 48 hours ish.

HPE gets my avatar for a week for winning the last dead thread contest.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #4297 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:05 pm

Post by Flea The Magician »

OK I'm home, I managed to us only 5% of my battery reading the dead thread and listening to music on the way home. I'm impressed with my phones battery saver mode (was on 9% when I got on the bus, was on 4% when I reached the end of thread.
In post 313, Radical Rat wrote: An interesting development, but one that changes nothing. Unfortunately Flea has mastered the underrated but overpowered scum strat of being nice*, and unless Eiralox is able to overcome that and accept the truth we are still doomed.

*I do not believe fae is faking being nice solely for manipulative purposes, just that faer genuine kindness is also beneficial to faer goals as scum.
Genuinely being nice and being eloquent gets me so many more town reads.
If I go from talking as I normally would to just choosing a couple of different words, slightly more assertive but overall keeping my usual demeanor I get TR'd so easily... it takes so much effort though mentally to switch into that word choice and yeah honestly being nice goes so far in games.

Also you freaking scare me. You haven't noticed I'm always pocketing you subtly when I'm scum? xD

Also chaining into the dead thread of bringing IRL into games - the example presented is a shit move and that person would not be welcome in games with me again.

I had a
significant
event happen around the time of the prod and it did affect me for some time after. It did affect my health, I did fall into mania and when i am manic it does have impact on my play and responsiveness. I did get a "not-warning" for declaring that I was manic which I disagree with, I can understand the perspective but I think it's fairly clear between me normal, me manic, me v/la and me back to normal. The event is something I'm not comfortable discussing and those involved wouldn't want their matters pasted across the internet. Those who know either needed to or are trusted. Such is the significance of the event I've not really vented about it anywhere where game people are because it would have been OGI inducing.

As for the rest of the game, my gods my scum buddies I love you, how in the fuck did we win this?
Elements claim was awful xD it was go awful and thankfully Gimli - love ya - but you left me wiggle room in what you were saying so I could cast just enough doubt on it to keep myself safe and have someone else pick up the embers I'd left and make a fire. The main thing I had to stop me going all in was that Titus being ungated meant I could probably treat Elements Parity Cop as ungated too as it was weak af.

Mala shooting Enchant is the ultimate double edged sword. I was genuinely panicking last night and you'll see me thinking this out in the scum thread when it's released. That said Enchant was well into scum meta at that point :P there is a very fine line between town and scum enchant lol

AISA, FURTIVE WHY DIDN'T YOU FLAVOUR THE COOK AS LONG JOHN SILVER! curse you :P I wanted to drop that as a hint to Mala but was also kinda worried over it looking TMI if the flip ever happened.

D6 clearing me from Elements claim as well as beautiful, unexpected, but beautiful. I ran through the scenario several times in my head and once you crossvoted you have no idea how big a sigh of relief I gave knowing we'd probably won at that point.

Nancy and me have spoken a bit in discord about what happened D1, we both have something to learn from that. Less said about Frogster the better personally, he's not welcome in a game with me again. I do wish to apologise for bringing the game down with all that, I'm honestly happy that I didn't explode as much on here as I did IRL, took honestly about 2 hours all in all for me to come down from the frogster incident, the Nancy incident I went and slept on with some good music.

I do disagree with the warnings I got from this game, one being one of my creative insults, the other being my detonation. The creative insult, I honestly think the first one was worse but eh, agree to disagree. The second, a little compassion goes a long long way and I would advise anyone looking to run games with increased moderation and accountability to just have a little awareness and compassion.

When triggers are hit, things will escalate
fast.
I am happy to discuss this particular trigger and its effects in more detail in private, but be aware this is very much a raw wound and I will have considerably less patience than normal to explain this one.

The game balance is an interesting one, I genuinely did not expect this to be a scum win but fortunately Elements MVP with that claim and play definitely bought us a lot of time, as much as it hurt me to not go into claim and flavour mechanics.

We definitely fought hard for this win, and I'm glad we got it.

As for everyone else, every single damned one of you, go have a cup of tea or something and have a breather. This was a high intensity game for everyone involved, and ya'll need to go do some self care.
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4298 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:26 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

There were definitely times I thought you could have been pocketing me, especially D1 you laid it on a bit thick, and if StD had actually been scum I may have called you on it.

But if you WERE Town, I was too afraid to lose the only person agreeing with me, so ended up wrongly trusting you anyway.

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4299 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:36 pm

Post by Malakittens »

I'm not entirely sure if the thread was referencing with me bring rl stuff into the game,

I will admit the day i claimed shooting enchant in fact happened.
my partner was being a butthole and i was forced to be butthole #2 that day

sadly I'm more of an empathic poster so whatver i'm feeling the course of the day usually bleeds in thread

but i'm a bit lazy to timestamp what thread and the dead thread to the exact posting

if it is I apologize

i'm really trying hard not to mention work or vla or anything
but with my limited posting it's hard

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”