mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:33 am

Post by mastina »

Rube Goldberg
2024/5/1 mastina xyzzy i designed this setup in 2019 A wonderfully insane xyzzy experience. The game provided the dead with a mechanic to influence the living, including winning mafia games from the dead thread. It also had a unique dual scum mechanic with a Prisoner's Dilemma built in.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:51 am

Post by mastina »

Rube Goldberg
2024/5/1
mastina Korina Weird Dreams Mafia redux Korina's previous game, Weird Dreams Mafia I, would've likely been worthy for this award if not for its tragic end at the hand of a griefer, but Korina did a wonderful job completely reinventing the concept used in the previous game and running the successor to the game with an equal level of craziness and insanity to the first. The game featured lovers-traitors who were able to win together and were each aligned with different factions (masons and mafia), as well as a limited cultafia. Truly the genius of a weird dream.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:55 am

Post by mastina »

Paperback Writer
2024/5/1 mastina Datisi Datisi's University Datisi delivered again with a wonderfully flavored game.
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: it/its, not they

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:58 am

Post by HighPrincessErinys »

In post 200, mastina wrote:
Rube Goldberg
2024/5/1 mastina xyzzy i designed this setup in 2019 A wonderfully insane xyzzy experience. The game provided the dead with a mechanic to influence the living, including winning mafia games from the dead thread. It also had a unique dual scum mechanic with a Prisoner's Dilemma built in.
nth, this one nominated this game for Mad Scientist back on the first page
not a person, just a doll~
this one refers to itself in the third person
Get To Know A Doll
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:20 am

Post by RH9 »

In post 202, mastina wrote:
Paperback Writer
2024/5/1 mastina Datisi Datisi's University Datisi delivered again with a wonderfully flavored game.
nth
GTKAS: 2022, 2024

v/la every weekend

indefinite hiatus from mafia solo
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:21 am

Post by RH9 »

In post 201, mastina wrote:
Rube Goldberg
2024/5/1
mastina Korina Weird Dreams Mafia redux Korina's previous game, Weird Dreams Mafia I, would've likely been worthy for this award if not for its tragic end at the hand of a griefer, but Korina did a wonderful job completely reinventing the concept used in the previous game and running the successor to the game with an equal level of craziness and insanity to the first. The game featured lovers-traitors who were able to win together and were each aligned with different factions (masons and mafia), as well as a limited cultafia. Truly the genius of a weird dream.
nth

v/la every weekend

RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:22 am

Post by RH9 »

In post 197, Dannflor wrote:
Moment of Brilliance
2024/01/04 Dannflor Ydrasse and RCEnigma Toriel's Patience This was a bit of a grueling game, as mountainous games can often be. With town choosing the "spare" route, but being unsuccessful in eliminating scum earlier in the game. The game came down to two consecutive days where
all the town
needed to find each other. Ydrasse and RCEnigma had previously been scum reading each other, but managed to successfully find each other as town over a series of three pages. This successful connection between two townies, managing to see through the noise the scum team was attempting to generate, was all that was needed to win the game. In fact, this 3 page back and forth between Ydrasse and RCEnigma was exactly what won the game for town in the end. In Ydrasse's words, this was a "rare town blitz."

Modfather
2024/01/04 Dannflor Skygazer Skygazer is a prolific moderator whilst also lending a lot of her time to being a backup or co-mod to other users on the site. Skygazer posts frequent VCs, keeps games running smoothly, has great flavor, and generally does all the things one would expect from a great moderator and a great game. However, on top of the standard stuff, I want to highlight just the wide variety of kinds of games Skygazer runs for the community. Everything from Open games, Mini Themes, Micro Themes, Normal Games, and Newbie Games. Skygazer has run a truly staggering number of games this year, many of them with personally designed setups. I always feel comfortable joining a game moderated by Skygazer because I know it's going to a smooth experience with a personal touch of style.
nth both

v/la every weekend

RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:24 am

Post by RH9 »

In post 182, DragonEater70 wrote:
Game of the Year
2023/12/24
This nom is slightly tongue-in-cheek (in the cheeky/flippant sense, not in the sarcastic sense), but bear with me.

Why does this game deserve the Game of the Year award?

1. Setup: this game was NewD3 which is
indisputably
the best setup on MafiaScum.net
/half-serious

2. Mods: great mods which I felt put in effort to make the game run well and who I enjoyed as mods.

3. Flavor: This game's flavor is definitely, one hundred percent, the best and most enjoyable flavor I've had in a Mafia game ever. I literally called Aureal a queen in my first post for making this game. I mean, who WOULDN'T want to be a volcano gladiator??? The commentary by the show's hosts was very well written and funny as well.

4. Playerlist and gameplay: this game definitely had a hype playerlist with 2 Paragon nominees and a Don Corleone nominee, as well as some other cool people (including 2 site newbies and a long time returning player). It definitely did not disappoint - action started early in Day 1 and continued throughout nonstop. The cohesion of the town was remarkable, with most town players being able to find each other and shrink the PoE, resulting in a smooth elimination of scum on Day 1.
The game ended up being a mechanical win, but I want to stress that the way I see it, by the end of Day 1 a town victory was simply impossible to prevent even if the game had magically become mountainous, due to how confident town was in their reads of one another.
nth

v/la every weekend

RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:25 am

Post by RH9 »

In post 144, Alianna wrote:
Paperback Writer
2023/11/21
biancospino clearly put a ton of effort into the flavour of this game. It included a number of news stories, daily weather reports, accounting records, Utopia-related crosswords, official communications, and more. She even took the silly article I wrote about murderous cats prowling the streets and edited it to perfection (or should I say
purr
fection?) to post in a VC. All of the flavour was incredibly well-written and brought the game's clearly-not-Utopian world to life.
nth

v/la every weekend

RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:29 am

Post by RH9 »

In post 61, DragonEater70 wrote:
Don Corleone
2023/11/09
DragonEater70 Flavor Leaf
I'm nominating Flavor Leaf for two amazing, back-to-back scum wins, where he made himself practically conf town despite being scum.

In Micro Normal 1092, Flavor Leaf crumbed a role he didn't have since the beginning of Day 1, faked a soft inno, and then killed his inno to secure the claim's success. Additionally he masterfully pushed a mislim through on Day 2 in a way that looked like he was just tunneled town, and did it quickly enough so that the pocketed inno won't turn on him.

In Large Normal 245, Flavor Leaf rolled a rolecop traitor. He rolecopped Dannflor the Gunsmith, divined who he had a guilty on before he even said a word, and fakeclaimed a guilty on his scum partner. In his own words, he YOINKED the guilty from Dannflor. Then Flavor Leaf basically spent the rest of the game riding on the towncred of bussing his own partner, and every time a townie would start to suspect him, he would get them limmed. As several players noted, the game basically operated on a "townread Flavor Leaf or die" basis.
nth

v/la every weekend

RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:29 am

Post by RH9 »

In post 55, Thestatusquo wrote:
Rising Star
2023/21/8 thestatusquo Black In the last year black has taken the newbie queue by storm, amassing an impressive record that earned her (the somewhat tongue in cheek) nickname "the newbie scum queen" by willing a large number of scum games in a row. Black also jumped into the other queues on the site full force and even competed in team mafia, becoming a well known member of the site and the queues in a very short period of time. She has also integrated herself into the community side of the site, becoming a fixture in the discord as well as other parts of site culture. I've found her rise and her ability to integrate into the general meta of the site as a newbie to be impressive and think it deserves recognition.
nth

v/la every weekend

Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:34 am

Post by Alisae »

I'm pretty sure just typing nth and adding nothing is actually just spam at this point
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:21 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 211, Alisae wrote: I'm pretty sure just typing nth and adding nothing is actually just spam at this point
nht
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:38 pm

Post by Cook »

ok google remind me to edit my nom before the deadline
Your friendly neighborhood chef and baker. LONG LIVE THE CHEFHAT REBELLION!
Cults With Guns //
"ya true if you don't play mafia you are probably winning" – Alisae

Inventor of 3d20 //
Successful Rebellion Leader//
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:27 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Alexa remind me to nominate pooky for don corleone
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:32 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 193, Ircher wrote: Happy New Year! Don't forget to get your nominations in before the nomination period closes.
As of today, there is a little over a week ((expired on 2024-01-08 23:59:59))
left before nominations for 2023 will no longer be accepted.

We are also still in need of 2-3 more volunteers to help out with judging the Scummies, so if you are interested, please contact me.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:18 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Kodak Moment
2023/11/28 DragonEater70 JacksonVirgo, Random Nurse, Enchant, pretty much the entire playerlist (and the mod) of Large Normal 244 Large Normal 244 Technically, this is not the correct use of the Kodak Moment award, since it's supposed to be given for the most memorable moment. The thing is, and I'm sure a lot of people would agree, this game had A LOT of very memorable moments.

Some ridiculous, some funny, some depressing and some just chill.

Let's start with Day 2. JacksonVirgo, a member of the town, decided to fake claim a guilty on Psyche for no reason whatsoever. And then they refused to withdraw the claim. The result? Psyche, a town vig, eliminated Day 2 (later on it turned out to be a possibly game-winning move, since it prevented vigging the town Jailkeeper).

Day 3, Random Nurse sees that Save The Dragons has claimed ungated Roleblocker. Except a dead player is already an ungated Roleblocker. RN flips out and powerpushes STD... who was exactly what he claimed to be. Then Random Nurse posts this beauty blaming the horrible setup design.

Day 4, Enchant, a Vanilla Townie, declares intent to hammer CSF (a person who they pushed as scum, and who is actually scum). Time comes to hammer, Enchant posts this.

There are a lot more gems like Random Nurse being Batman or video game talk in twilight or the mod trolling the players or the worst desperately trying to signal to pisskop, and I unfortunately cannot list all of them. Nevertheless this is a great game to remember.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:50 am

Post by T3 »

In post 216, DragonEater70 wrote:
Kodak Moment
2023/11/28 DragonEater70 JacksonVirgo, Random Nurse, Enchant, pretty much the entire playerlist (and the mod) of Large Normal 244 Large Normal 244 Technically, this is not the correct use of the Kodak Moment award, since it's supposed to be given for the most memorable moment. The thing is, and I'm sure a lot of people would agree, this game had A LOT of very memorable moments.

Some ridiculous, some funny, some depressing and some just chill.

Let's start with Day 2. JacksonVirgo, a member of the town, decided to fake claim a guilty on Psyche for no reason whatsoever. And then they refused to withdraw the claim. The result? Psyche, a town vig, eliminated Day 2 (later on it turned out to be a possibly game-winning move, since it prevented vigging the town Jailkeeper).

Day 3, Random Nurse sees that Save The Dragons has claimed ungated Roleblocker. Except a dead player is already an ungated Roleblocker. RN flips out and powerpushes STD... who was exactly what he claimed to be. Then Random Nurse posts this beauty blaming the horrible setup design.

Day 4, Enchant, a Vanilla Townie, declares intent to hammer CSF (a person who they pushed as scum, and who is actually scum). Time comes to hammer, Enchant posts this.

There are a lot more gems like Random Nurse being Batman or video game talk in twilight or the mod trolling the players or the worst desperately trying to signal to pisskop, and I unfortunately cannot list all of them. Nevertheless this is a great game to remember.
nth, this was a hilarious game to watch as the mod :D
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:48 am

Post by Dannflor »

Don Corleone
2024/01/08 Dannflor Thestatusquo I consider Thestatusquo to be a player who always puts his all into a game, regardless of his alignment. He has an unmatched WIM and passion for the game that has really paid off this year when he's rolled scum. One of his first wins of the year actually comes from Team Mafia, Amnesiac Mafia, which is an event generally considered to be hugely town sided. I can probably count on one hand the number of times mafia has won a Team Mafia game in the past few years. Obviously Thestatusquo had a great team around him in this game, but he was noted as playing particularly well by several players in this game.

Thestatusquo was also an integral part of the mafia team that won Hollow Knight Mafia. No, he didn't end game, he got tracked to the person who died and was killed prematurely. But to that point, Thestatusquo was playing very well and was a part of a team that setup Gimli well to win.

Thestatusquo endgamed in Garlic Bread Heist, a game with several power town players.

Thestatusquo endgamed in Mini Normal 2316 even as town stopped the scum night kill *two nights in a row.*

Overall, I think Thestatusquo has shown the quality and consistency of play this year required for consideration for the Don Corleone award. He's a player where I genuinely fear him rolling scum against me.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:07 am

Post by Klick »

2nd Thestatusquo Don Corleone

Really, really solid scum play. Everyone knows he's amazing as scum but he works his magic anyway
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:09 am

Post by Black »

Nth TSQ Don Corleone

Had me fooled on multiple occasions this year
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:20 am

Post by T-Bone »

I wanted to nominate Pink Ball but had initially waited until I saw if Pink Ball had other scum games this year besides TM. Anyone know who can help me out with said nomination?
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:22 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Honestly they should just get a goodfellas.

The whole scum team played really well that game I think.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:30 am

Post by T-Bone »

Goodfellas
2024/01/08 T-Bone Pink Ball, Thestatusquo, Frozen Angel, Dunnstral TM 2023: Amnesiac Mafia This team had a clean sweep during Team Mafia fooling both the town in this game as well as every teammate of the players they were playing against. The nature of Team Mafia, where players can discuss their reads with teammates leads to a very pro-town environment overall. Amnesiac Mafia is also a set-up where the mafia team cannot get rid of roles they fear and have to focus on getting rid of players they fear and manipulating the remaining instead. Of note, halfway through the game, Pink Ball devised a plan to get members of the mafia team "confirmed" as town, sealing the fate of the town as they had no choice but to be lead around by this mafia team. This is despite Frozen Angel being heavily suspected the entire game. This team also had to deal with some unfavorable replacements and watching members of the town slowly confirm one another. It is a miracle that they were able to sweep the game despite feeling like they were one wrong move away from diaster.

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:43 am

Post by T-Bone »

Kodak Moment
2024/01/08 T-Bone Kuribo Detective Daryl on the Case Additional context here and here

This is a funny moment that Kuribo had planned for about three days prior to posting it in his Team Discord for Team Mafia. Kuribo, along with the rest of the town, were currently getting snowballed by the mafia team. Additionally, the role mechanic had given Kuribo the same role multiple times and it had become more useless as the game went on, adding to Kuribo's frustration. He let out his frustration by doing up a whiteboard of Drixx's ISO and attributing this work to his assistant, Detective Daryl, who is a stuffed animal. He then defends Detective Daryl's drug habit and status as "Big Sexy" and does it again with a GuyInFreezer whiteboard. Spoiler: Detective Daryl isn't good at mafia, both Drixx and GuyInFreezer were town. The actual mafia team taunted Detective Daryl in thread.

Return to “Scummies and Mashies Archives”