Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4675 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:01 pm

Post by Alisae »

You sound like you had a lot of fun today!
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #4676 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:06 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 4673, Alisae wrote:
In post 4672, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: i'm a good girl, or at leaast that's what i'm told
you are!
oh my god yay!

:3

[We're all good girls, tonight.]
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4677 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:24 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1345, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: Vote: Meowth

This is an attrocious reads list. On all notes. But MOST OF ALL.

this is literally a scum claim. "done nothing of note" Lie. "NAI as either alignment, like Pooky. ... TOWN FOR NOW?"

Kill this with fire, please.
In post 1364, furtiveglance wrote: I don't want to vote ingle or today

I want to vote UNOwen or meowth
In post 1378, furtiveglance wrote: I don't think meowth's recent list is particularly bad, although I did scumread him earlier.

It's hard to see UNOwen and meowth as aligned at the moment, and I prefer voting UNOwen.
it's actually wild that furtive claims he killed meowth and not LLD lmfao

w i l d

[rereading Pooky's posts is giving me a lil of his spirit]
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4678 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:25 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

yeah this game is so much more straightforward with being centered on scum!furtive
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4679 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:40 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

I never said I killed meowth.

Why do people keep lying about what I said or did?
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4680 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:31 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 4559, furtiveglance wrote: Can people stop repeating the lie that LLD killed meowth? My scumread on meowth predated pretty much anyone's.
This is exactly what I mean when I reference the weird shit furtive’s done umbrella.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4681 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:33 am

Post by Bingle »

Like… “I didn’t say that thing I said four pages ago” is such a bizarro take.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4682 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:54 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Yeah I said I was one of the first players to express a scumread on meowth, which is true. I didn't say I killed meowth.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4683 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:57 am

Post by furtiveglance »

As for people saying I'm OMGUSing...this is a crucial point in the game and I know scum will want my elimination...so yeah I'm wary of people who are 'happy' to kill me, or worse, want to surrender agency to some other player at such a pivotal moment because 'they're a better player'.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4684 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:13 am

Post by Bingle »

Who is saying you're OMGUS-ing?
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4685 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:22 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 4682, furtiveglance wrote: Yeah I said I was one of the first players to express a scumread on meowth, which is true. I didn't say I killed meowth.
You have to admit that saying "LLD didn't kill meowth. I was one of the first people on meowth." at least is implicitly saying that you were responsible for the meowth lim. Otherwise there's no connection between those points and you're just not giving any reasoning for why LLD championing the meowth lim wasn't a big part of why meowth is dead. Either that's just avoiding the point with a non sequitur or a reach for towncred, neither of which look particularly good.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4686 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:27 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 4666, GuiltyLion wrote: I realized I never shared treasury info - we had a decent windfall from taxes last night, we brought in $125. So even with paying back a $60 loan we could have $65 to play with and maybe take out another small loan. my thinking is we just fund the cop tonight and no one else, if sheep is town he's useful to flip and get out of the POE without wasting a lim if scum kills him, and if he lives he can investigate Bingle or whoever we're least sure of in the limpool
And $125 is still pretty low. We should be expecting $16.75 per player, which gives us an expectation of ~$150 with 9 alive. Paying back the $60 loan should be $90, should it not?
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4687 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:32 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 4685, Bingle wrote:
In post 4682, furtiveglance wrote: Yeah I said I was one of the first players to express a scumread on meowth, which is true. I didn't say I killed meowth.
You have to admit that saying "LLD didn't kill meowth. I was one of the first people on meowth." at least is implicitly saying that you were responsible for the meowth lim. Otherwise there's no connection between those points and you're just not giving any reasoning for why LLD championing the meowth lim wasn't a big part of why meowth is dead. Either that's just avoiding the point with a non sequitur or a reach for towncred, neither of which look particularly good.
It was a team effort. I do think I deserve credit from it yeah, and that LLD is trying to take too much.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4688 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:32 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 4684, Bingle wrote: Who is saying you're OMGUS-ing?
LLD.
kdowns
kdowns
He
Goddammit
kdowns
He
Goddammit
Goddammit
Pronoun: He

Post Post #4689 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:20 am

Post by kdowns »

I’m still catching up while also reading current pages.

Lld is almost certainly town from how she’s playing and communicating. This is just from my past experiences of talking with her in different aspects. Her getting heated and aggressive in my eyes is Indicative of town
kdowns
kdowns
He
Goddammit
kdowns
He
Goddammit
Goddammit
Pronoun: He

Post Post #4690 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:22 am

Post by kdowns »

Also if you needed my votes

Treasurer[0] , GuiltyLion
Sherriff[1] Sheepsaysmeep
Mayor[0] Bingle
Council Member[0] Unowen,
Trash Collector[0] LLD
Board of Election[0] STD
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4691 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:08 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 4686, Bingle wrote:
In post 4666, GuiltyLion wrote: I realized I never shared treasury info - we had a decent windfall from taxes last night, we brought in $125. So even with paying back a $60 loan we could have $65 to play with and maybe take out another small loan. my thinking is we just fund the cop tonight and no one else, if sheep is town he's useful to flip and get out of the POE without wasting a lim if scum kills him, and if he lives he can investigate Bingle or whoever we're least sure of in the limpool
And $125 is still pretty low. We should be expecting $16.75 per player, which gives us an expectation of ~$150 with 9 alive. Paying back the $60 loan should be $90, should it not?
My understanding is it's per townie, not per player. Scum aren't paying taxes

I think you're right on the second point though, the role pm just said we are $60 in debt, I'll confirm whether that means we need to pay $90
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #4692 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:18 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 4691, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 4686, Bingle wrote:
My understanding is it's per townie, not per player. Scum aren't paying taxes

I think you're right on the second point though, the role pm just said we are $60 in debt, I'll confirm whether that means we need to pay $90
Maybe don't commit to just this.

How would WIFOMING between 3 options sound?

Borrow and fund Sheep
Borrow and fun Me
Don't borrow and pay debts for a better full fund tomorrow night.

The third one is a LITTLE risky but honestly might be our win path this game.

If you wanna just commit to it it's a fine play, making scum have to shoot sheep or not.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #4693 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:10 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

curious furtive what do you think about me saying alisae feels very different vibes from Business game
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #4694 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:11 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

I like alisae better now but I still think that line of reasoning holds true
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4695 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:12 am

Post by Bingle »

I looked at the role pm and it does totally imply the scum don't pay taxes. I'm just used to moderators using townie and player interchangeably in the review process, ig. That... actually solves my concern about why we were consistently coming in underfunded, although it makes it significantly less likely the scum power is budget based, which in turn increases the likelihood of a scum rb or Sman. I will say with the reduced amount of funding expected a full rb is probably a bit much to expect of scum here, but being able to frame ali seems likely.

I do think that means that we shouldn't at all go for a small loan here. A loan of $80 (funding sheep fully) means a payback of $120. Five players paying taxes (assuming we get the scumlim, so best case scenario) gives an average return of just over $90, so we're super likely to default with even a small loan. A full loan of $200 gives us two roles full funded or 3 roles decently funded, at the expense of us probably never getting out of debt this game. I would go 80/80/70 on COP/JOAT/TRACK (approximate odds of success 72/100/70 %).

If I get the funding, I'll be posting my target in the PT as close to the deadline as I can and would like to manipulate nightstart to help with that. Given that my ability and LLD's would be counterproductive to target the same person with, I'd be vaguely to a targeting pool plan, where we limit who we can target to prevent overlap. I'm not going to offer unilateral control of my target, however, and the pool will 100% be decided in the main thread, since the only scumteam without PT access would be Ali/Furtive/SK.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4696 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:03 am

Post by Bingle »

If we do the above, LLD should be targeting in the scummier pool (and both me and sheep) and I should be targeting the townier pool.

I'd go with

Alisae
Bingle
sheepsaysmeep
Kdowns

SleepyKrew
GuiltyLion
Lady Lambdadelta
Unowen

as the pools if we lim furtive.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4697 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:08 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 4695, Bingle wrote:A full loan of $200 gives us two roles full funded or 3 roles decently funded, at the expense of us probably never getting out of debt this game. I would go 80/80/70 on COP/JOAT/TRACK (approximate odds of success 72/100/70 %).
Does the Mayor only have a salary of $80?
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4698 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:14 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 4694, sheepsaysmeep wrote: I like alisae better now but I still think that line of reasoning holds true
Why?

I don't trust the rapid deescalation from Alisae any more than the rapid escalation.
On board with executing furtive today though.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4699 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:15 am

Post by Bingle »

No, I formatted that wrong copying from the spreadsheet with the math. The mayor is 100.

Should be

A full loan of $200 gives us two roles full funded or 3 roles decently funded, at the expense of us probably never getting out of debt this game. I would go 80/80/70 on COP/TRACK/JOAT (approximate odds of success 72/100/70 %).

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”