Mini Normal 2291: Greentexts | Mafia Wins!

Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:23 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 20, redFF wrote: VOTE: geraintm
In post 22, redFF wrote: Youve caight me i am scum
VOTE: RedFF

Red's start is weak and I'm going to give Kowbunga a little space. I still believe Kowabunga's start (and subsequent response to me) is +scum I'm just trying to give them a chance first.

@
Red
I need to see something from you, Red, which doesn't ping me as scum.
In post 23, BlueBloodedToffee wrote: VOTE: Clone

Scum found.
In post 24, Clone wrote: no no no no, its one of my many clones that could be scum you are looking for. Mr 23563
It would help me a bit to see a response to Clone from BBT.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:15 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 24, Clone wrote: no no no no, its one of my many clones that could be scum you are looking for. Mr 23563
Nah, I think it's this one.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:04 am

Post by Elements »

In post 21, Frogsterking wrote: RedFF it would be great if you have some follow up to that naked vote because I'm getting major scum pings from you already.
VOTE: geraintm
I agree with everything Elements is posting - Papa Zito
It's scummy as fak tho - Gamma Emerald
All my completed games
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:52 am

Post by redFF »

In post 25, Frogsterking wrote: @Red I need to see something from you, Red, which doesn't ping me as scum.
like what
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:13 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 25, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 20, redFF wrote: VOTE: geraintm
In post 22, redFF wrote: Youve caight me i am scum
VOTE: RedFF

Red's start is weak and I'm going to give Kowbunga a little space. I still believe Kowabunga's start (and subsequent response to me) is +scum I'm just trying to give them a chance first.

@
Red
I need to see something from you, Red, which doesn't ping me as scum.
In post 23, BlueBloodedToffee wrote: VOTE: Clone

Scum found.
It would help me a bit to see a response to Clone from BBT.
Kow's response comes off as more "annoyed" to me than something actively scummy. Like he's probing to see if he should even take you seriously.

Clone's first posts feel worse. First one feels a little unnatural, but the second one gives me some ping. It's a dismissive, useless post 7 minutes after he gets voted. I feel like that post only exists because someone voted him, and he felt he had to respond with something, but had nothing of substance to respond with.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:14 am

Post by T3 »

DragonEater70 has requested replacement.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:18 am

Post by Crescent »

Damnit there goes my plan to ask him what dragons taste like.

Even if the answer is probably just "chicken".
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:24 am

Post by T3 »

VC 1.2
DragonEater70 (2): Cephrir, Kowahbunga
geraintm (2): redFF, Elements
Clone (1): BlueBloodedToffee
redFF (1): Frogsterking
Not voting (7): nepenthe, JacksonVirgo, Herta, DragonEater70, geraintm, Crescent, Clone
Day 1 will end in (expired on 2023-02-26 21:03:00)
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:33 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 27, Elements wrote:
In post 21, Frogsterking wrote: RedFF it would be great if you have some follow up to that naked vote because I'm getting major scum pings from you already.
Side note: After giving it some thought, this post obviously trolling a legitimate inquiry from FK so early actually kinda townpings me. It's something you don't often see scum do, though I don't know the specific player. I would say the scum equity is higher if at least one of Gera or Red are scum.
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:46 am

Post by redFF »

"legitimate inquiry"
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:53 am

Post by Elements »

In post 33, Crescent wrote:
In post 27, Elements wrote:
Side note: After giving it some thought, this post obviously trolling a legitimate inquiry from FK so early actually kinda townpings me. It's something you don't often see scum do, though I don't know the specific player. I would say the scum equity is higher if at least one of Gera or Red are scum.
The intention of that post was toe get Frog to scum me
All my completed games
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:58 am

Post by Crescent »

Actually I would say FK being scum could also increase the scum equity (but by not as much) because it's potentially a cheap way to create distance between the two. Regardless, will need to see more posts from there. Anyways no one else is posting right now and I'm about to go to work so that's swell.

In any case, I find myself rather neutral on Red as far, as alignment goes. Red feels like he could be scum jumping in early, but he also feels like he can be lazy town who doesn't give a ****, and I'm not sure which it is yet. Red's posts vibe as totally dismissive and not trying yet.

Clone's two posts give vibes like he's trying too hard, by forcing himself to post when he feels he has to post *something*, because he doesn't know what to say.

Scum often find it hard to transition into a game, and I find early game awkwardness to have a fair amount of scum AI. (I'm interested to see what Ceph and especially Gera's second posts look like, for example).
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:59 am

Post by redFF »

the fact is. i made one RVS vote and frog said he's getting "major scum pings" from me. it's a laughable accusation so i responded in kind.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:00 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 30, T3 wrote:
DragonEater70 has requested replacement.
VOTE: dragoneater
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:00 am

Post by Crescent »

On a personal side note before I head to work, I don't Pedit. It's not a thing where I come from, so if there's a post preview, I'll only read it after I've already made my post. It's the way I'm used to playing.
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:04 am

Post by Elements »

VOTE: Crescent
All my completed games
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:10 am

Post by T3 »

biancospino replaces DragonEater70.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:30 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 16, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 15, Kowahbunga wrote:
In post 13, Frogsterking wrote: VOTE: Kowabungah

If I had to choose any slots so far which are +AI for scum then I'd choose this one.

and pinged me too, I think that's just paranoia though.
Help me with the +AI thing
On a less speculative note I've observed variations of "hey x, this is a reference to that game where you and I were both Town" are more likely to come from scum at the beginning of the game. I'm not exactly reading into it much yet though it might also matter that herta is IC. On a highly speculative note I imagined that you sounded a little downbeat in your first 2 posts, which makes me think you drew a scum PM. At this point in the game, while you are my first "serious" suspect, it's relatively easy for you to get me to flip my read on you just by performing some scum hunting.
11 pinged me as well and this is a reasonably good effort at explaining why my gut response occurred

Actually I would say FK being scum could also increase the scum equity (but by not as much) because it's potentially a cheap way to create distance between the two. Regardless, will need to see more posts from there. Anyways no one else is posting right now and I'm about to go to work so that's swell.

In any case, I find myself rather neutral on Red as far, as alignment goes. Red feels like he could be scum jumping in early, but he also feels like he can be lazy town who doesn't give a ****, and I'm not sure which it is yet. Red's posts vibe as totally dismissive and not trying yet.

Clone's two posts give vibes like he's trying too hard, by forcing himself to post when he feels he has to post *something*, because he doesn't know what to say.
[/quote]

i think you're reading too much into things

i thought clone actually came off as funny and not concerned tbh
In post 36, Crescent wrote:Scum often find it hard to transition into a game, and I find early game awkwardness to have a fair amount of scum AI. (I'm interested to see what Ceph and especially Gera's second posts look like, for example).
*spooky jazz hands*

VOTE: Kow
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:31 am

Post by Cephrir »

let's try that again
In post 16, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 15, Kowahbunga wrote:
In post 13, Frogsterking wrote: VOTE: Kowabungah

If I had to choose any slots so far which are +AI for scum then I'd choose this one.

and pinged me too, I think that's just paranoia though.
Help me with the +AI thing
On a less speculative note I've observed variations of "hey x, this is a reference to that game where you and I were both Town" are more likely to come from scum at the beginning of the game. I'm not exactly reading into it much yet though it might also matter that herta is IC. On a highly speculative note I imagined that you sounded a little downbeat in your first 2 posts, which makes me think you drew a scum PM. At this point in the game, while you are my first "serious" suspect, it's relatively easy for you to get me to flip my read on you just by performing some scum hunting.
11 pinged me as well and this is a reasonably good effort at explaining why my gut response occurred
In post 36, Crescent wrote:Actually I would say FK being scum could also increase the scum equity (but by not as much) because it's potentially a cheap way to create distance between the two. Regardless, will need to see more posts from there. Anyways no one else is posting right now and I'm about to go to work so that's swell.

i think you're reading too much into things

i thought clone actually came off as funny and not concerned tbh
In post 36, Crescent wrote:Scum often find it hard to transition into a game, and I find early game awkwardness to have a fair amount of scum AI. (I'm interested to see what Ceph and especially Gera's second posts look like, for example).
*spooky jazz hands*

VOTE: Kow
Bartleby the Scrivener
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:40 am

Post by Kowahbunga »

Frog's posts to me are coming off as forced currently. However, I want to give them the benefit of the doubt because they've done a great job at ending RVS and I'm always okay with that.
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:08 am

Post by Kowahbunga »

In post 43, Cephrir wrote:i think you're reading too much into things

This is a scum mindset.

VOTE: Cephir

Frog's issues with my post could also be deemed "reading too much into things" but you agree enough with him to vote me for the same reason. Yet you want to tell someone else they're reading too much into things? This is made even more interesting that you find it okay to agree with Frog's reach but don't like someone that you claim is reaching, reaching against Frog.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:27 am

Post by Cephrir »

-crescent's post delves multiple layers deep into a post that's literally just a joke
-frog explicitly says he's not reading that much into it, and i'm not either - just happy with that spot for my vote on page 2, although this reaction certainly doesn't make me feel worse about it
Bartleby the Scrivener
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:34 am

Post by Kowahbunga »

In post 46, Cephrir wrote: -crescent's post delves multiple layers deep into a post that's literally just a joke
-frog explicitly says he's not reading that much into it,
and i'm not either
- just happy with that spot for my vote on page 2, although this reaction certainly doesn't make me feel worse about it
You're not reading that much into it, but enough to put a vote for it? This is too careless to be a town POV.
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:35 am

Post by Elements »

VOTE: Cephir
I have no self control
All my completed games
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:43 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 47, Kowahbunga wrote:
In post 46, Cephrir wrote: -crescent's post delves multiple layers deep into a post that's literally just a joke
-frog explicitly says he's not reading that much into it,
and i'm not either
- just happy with that spot for my vote on page 2, although this reaction certainly doesn't make me feel worse about it
You're not reading that much into it, but enough to put a vote for it? This is too careless to be a town POV.
this is a very silly argument. most players move their vote around based on very little early in the game to get things rolling and i am no different
Bartleby the Scrivener

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”